PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: The Begging: Povertyball Edition

Clipper Nation
04-07-2017, 02:39 PM
The coach of Eldense, the team that canceled its season after a 12-0 loss to Barcelona B, has denied allegations of match-fixing. Instead, he says, Barcelona B were too good and they were asked to stop scoring but refused.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/eldense-coach-barcelona-players-refused-stop-scoring-honor-code-mercy-rule-040617

:lol I don't know what's more pathetic: begging the other team to stop scoring, or being so butthurt after a loss that you cancel the rest of your season. How anyone can defend this "sport" is beyond me.

Reck
04-07-2017, 02:52 PM
The fact that they even have a mercy rule is hilarious. :lol

Robz4000
04-07-2017, 03:03 PM
:rollin

Mitch
04-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Soccer: down big time, asks for mercy

Football: Down 3-28, comes back and wins

Brazil
04-07-2017, 04:03 PM
Soccer: down big time, asks for mercy

Football: Down 3-28, comes back and wins

:lol like being down 12 in soccer is the same than down 25 in US football
:lol dumb ass

Brazil
04-07-2017, 04:04 PM
Also, being so triggered than you have to look for links of a sport you hate

:lmao

Clitoris Nation

Chris
04-07-2017, 04:11 PM
The coach of Eldense, the team that canceled its season after a 12-0 loss to Barcelona B, has denied allegations of match-fixing. Instead, he says, Barcelona B were too good and they were asked to stop scoring but refused.

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/story/eldense-coach-barcelona-players-refused-stop-scoring-honor-code-mercy-rule-040617

:lol I don't know what's more pathetic: begging the other team to stop scoring, or being so butthurt after a loss that you cancel the rest of your season. How anyone can defend this "sport" is beyond me.

:cry But but Bartolo Colon is fat and incredibly athletic for his size :cry

RGMCSE
04-07-2017, 04:16 PM

Clitoris Nation

Fatbol haters started that shit dumbass.

apalisoc_9
04-07-2017, 04:21 PM
I thought this was a thread about a lardball player begging for a piece of pizza wrapped in thick burittos...

Mitch
04-07-2017, 04:21 PM

:lol begging for mercy
:lol flopping pussies
:lol poverty sport
:lol "athletes"
:lol midgets
:lol down 12 :cry mercy :cry
:lol france
:lol islam invasion
:lol brazil
:lol favelas

Clipper Nation
04-07-2017, 04:33 PM

Clitoris Nation
:cry "Stop scoring or we'll cancel our season!" :cry

:lmao Tic-tac-trot

PingPong
04-07-2017, 07:11 PM
:lol:lol Spaniards :lol:lol Pau Gasoft. :lol:lol

Spain, the mother of all latin american countries, except Brazil.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:wakeup

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 07:51 PM
I thought this was a thread about a lardball player begging for a piece of pizza wrapped in thick burittos...

Could be. They like to eat.

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/AzTdWxvN7PIdcygn_kGfNwgmvx4=/1840x1220:3340x2220/1200x800/filters:focal(1840x1220:3340x2220)/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/37069678/20121122_jla_se8_715.0.jpg

Brazil
04-07-2017, 08:47 PM
:cry "Stop scoring or we'll cancel our season!" :cry

:lmao Tic-tac-trot

Still googling to learn about football ? :lmao clitoris

webshad
04-07-2017, 10:28 PM

He probably doesn't know how to divide.

Bynumite
04-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Snoozeball fans grasping at straws per par.

The other day mid made a thread about the championship (English 2nd division) and now chink nation makes a thread about fucking Barcelona B. It's the equivalent to discussing the D league :lol Who gives a shit? Do you honestly think any soccer fan here cares or follows Barcelona B? 99% of those players will never see a minute of play time for Barca's 1st team.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 11:23 PM
Snoozeball fans grasping at straws per par.

The other day mid made a thread about the championship (English 2nd division) and now chink nation makes a thread about fucking Barcelona B. It's the equivalent to discussing the D league :lol Who gives a shit? Do you honestly think any soccer fan here cares or follows Barcelona B? 99% of those players will never see a minute of play time for Barca's 1st team.

Those 0-0 ties happen in the top leagues too.

Tic-Tac-Trot fans always make threads about happenings at lower levels in baseball. Like this Tebow shit. Learn the metagame, son.

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 07:41 PM
speaking of this, why is my phone giving me golf notifications from my sports app? makes no sense, about to contact the developers tbh

Clipper Nation
04-09-2017, 07:52 PM
speaking of this, why is my phone giving me golf notifications from my sports app? makes no sense, about to contact the developers tbh
Because golf is a sport.

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 07:54 PM
Because golf is a sport.:lol i gotta admit sometimes you can actually be funny

midnightpulp
04-09-2017, 09:31 PM
:lol i gotta admit sometimes you can actually be funny

Explain why golf isn't a sport.

DMC
04-09-2017, 09:55 PM
Explain why golf isn't a sport.

He didn't say it wasn't. You have to understand Philo's modus operandi. He's only going to provide passive aggressive innuendo then hide behind plausible deniability when called out.

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 09:56 PM
He didn't say it wasn't. You have to understand Philo's modus operandi. He's only going to provide passive aggressive innuendo then hide behind plausible deniability when called out.
It's not a sport

DMC
04-09-2017, 09:59 PM
It's not a sport

What is not a sport? Clarify the "it" part of your sentence. Basically rewrite your sentence without using ambiguous language.

DMC
04-09-2017, 10:07 PM
noun
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

midnightpulp
04-09-2017, 10:10 PM
noun
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

People have this dumb idea that "true" sports have to involve constant running and jumping around.

I'll say golf is exponentially more difficult than football, Spurraider's favorite sport.

Robz4000
04-09-2017, 10:12 PM
:lmao of course the floptrot crew decides golf isn't a sport

DAF86
04-09-2017, 10:22 PM
The fact that they even have a mercy rule is hilarious. :lol

There's no mercy rule, that's some bullshit the bitter coach came up with.

midnightpulp
04-09-2017, 10:22 PM

I honestly have more respect for sports (and positions) where there's time to think (and thus choke) over sports/positions that are just "reaction." People make fun of football kickers as not being "real" football players, but from a pressure standpoint, I'd much rather play any position aside from QB than kicker. 55 yarder to win the Superbowl, into a crosswind, the whole world focused on you, and if you shank, you're forever a villain.

No thanks.

Golf is the ultimate test of that pressure concept.

":cry But they don't run around :cry"

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 11:03 PM
What is not a sport? Clarify the "it" part of your sentence. Basically rewrite your sentence without using ambiguous language.
Golf isn't a sport

midnightpulp
04-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Golf isn't a sport

:lol Deflecting with Philo'ing because you can't support your argument.

DMC
04-09-2017, 11:42 PM
Golf isn't a sport

Wrong. It's not a subjective matter.

DMC
04-09-2017, 11:48 PM
I honestly have more respect for sports (and positions) where there's time to think (and thus choke) over sports/positions that are just "reaction." People make fun of football kickers as not being "real" football players, but from a pressure standpoint, I'd much rather play any position aside from QB than kicker. 55 yarder to win the Superbowl, into a crosswind, the whole world focused on you, and if you shank, you're forever a villain.

No thanks.

Golf is the ultimate test of that pressure concept.

":cry But they don't run around :cry"
There's no defense, they don't compete against each other. There's no strategy, it's just get the ball up and down in the fewest strokes. Sure they might lay up or not, but that's not really a strategy to counter anything anyone else is doing. The only thing that would cause someone to change up their play is knowing they are coming down the stretch and someone is ahead of them, and it's a sudden death where they have to stroke it or lose. They take the risk, but in normal match play, they just play their best game that day. There are very few sports that are like that, but they do exist (gymnastics, diving, archery, skiing, swimming (basically, because no defense) etc...

midnightpulp
04-10-2017, 12:00 AM
There's no defense, they don't compete against each other. There's no strategy, it's just get the ball up and down in the fewest strokes. Sure they might lay up or not, but that's not really a strategy to counter anything anyone else is doing. The only thing that would cause someone to change up their play is knowing they are coming down the stretch and someone is ahead of them, and it's a sudden death where they have to stroke it or lose. They take the risk, but in normal match play, they just play their best game that day. There are very few sports that are like that, but they do exist (gymnastics, diving, archery, skiing, swimming (basically, because no defense) etc...

Indeed. But in a sport like golf, the competition with yourself (and nature) is far more prominent than other sports, and sometimes, that inner foe is harder to defeat than an external competitor. Golf has strategy. You do need to plan how to best attack a course per your skills. It's nothing "deep," but no sports are particularly deep, even the so-called "chess on a field" of NFL football.

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 01:51 AM
:lol Deflecting with Philo'ing because you can't support your argument.
And what's that argument? I think both baseball and soccer are shitty and boring sports. Soccer is a shitty and boring version of hockey. I just find the third world cup to be more tolerable than anything beisbol related

04-10-2017, 01:58 AM
To be fair to golfers they probably burn more calories walking from hole to hole than fatball players do during an entire game

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 02:31 AM
To be fair to golfers they probably burn more calories walking from hole to hole than fatball players do during an entire gameyou mean walking from hole to golf cart? imagine fatball players were carted to their spot on the field :lol

DMC
04-10-2017, 03:52 AM
And what's that argument? I think both baseball and soccer are shitty and boring sports. Soccer is a shitty and boring version of hockey. I just find the third world cup to be more tolerable than anything beisbol related

How is any of that related to whether or not golf is a sport?

midnightpulp
04-10-2017, 04:03 AM
you mean walking from hole to golf cart? imagine fatball players were carted to their spot on the field :lol

They do that in fatball.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/GXXN53/oakland-raiders-running-back-michael-bush-l-and-quarterback-jamarcus-GXXN53.jpg

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 06:14 AM
Meanwhile, floptrot is about as much of a "sport" as poker, MMGay, and e-"sports." They're in no position to decide what is and isn't a sport.

midnightpulp
04-10-2017, 06:41 AM
Meanwhile, floptrot is about as much of a "sport" as poker, MMGay, and e-"sports." They're in no position to decide what is and isn't a sport.

See the latest great thing to happen in the MLB this season?

A 7 run 9th inning walk-off comeback :wow

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mariners-vs-angels/2017/04/09/490190#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab= box,game=490190

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 08:27 AM
See the latest great thing to happen in the MLB this season?

A 7 run 9th inning walk-off comeback :wow

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/mariners-vs-angels/2017/04/09/490190#game_state=final,lock_state=final,game_tab= box,game=490190
That's nothing. The Premier League actually had a winner decided and multiple goals scored in each game for the first time ever yesterday :wow

ambchang
04-10-2017, 09:33 AM
Golf is as much a sport as darts.

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 10:47 AM
How is any of that related to whether or not golf is a sport?
If your definition of sports includes billiards and darts, then by all means, call golf a sport

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 10:56 AM
noun
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.:lol in the ages old ST feud with soccer/baseball fans constantly referring to the other as "not a sport" you never raised this. but once i mention a hobby/activity that you are physically capable of participating in, you cite the dictionary.

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 10:58 AM
you mean walking from hole to golf cart? imagine fatball players were carted to their spot on the field :lol

They do that in fatball. wrong as usual. hey, at least the pga mandates walking to the holes... props to them for taking a stand. but you have a caddy carry your shit :lol

but let me guess, you'll have some long drawn out calculations about how phil mickelson walking hole to hole is faster than randy moss sprinting or some shit

apalisoc_9
04-10-2017, 11:03 AM
:lol in the ages old ST feud with soccer/baseball fans constantly referring to the other as "not a sport" you never raised this. but once i mention a hobby/activity that you are physically capable of participating in, you cite the dictionary.

Of course DMC is capable of participating in Golf. ..:lol

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 11:21 AM
:lol in the ages old ST feud with soccer/baseball fans constantly referring to the other as "not a sport" you never raised this. but once i mention a hobby/activity that you are physically capable of participating in, you cite the dictionary.
Notice that baseball and golf are both listed and soccer isn't. Really makes you think.

unleashbaynes
04-10-2017, 11:28 AM
I think golf is a sport when you can do it at a high level. If you're just a hacker like me, it's more of a game where i get to drink.

unleashbaynes
04-10-2017, 11:33 AM
Golf is as much a sport as darts.

I don't see any dart tournaments where the winner gets $1m+ tbh.

Reck
04-10-2017, 11:52 AM
I think its funny that racing is listed first in that DMC list. I dont know in how many back and forth I've been defending racing as a sport. :lol

People have this thing where if they dont like a sport, well it must not be a sport then.

ambchang
04-10-2017, 12:11 PM
I don't see any dart tournaments where the winner gets $1m+ tbh.

What does that have to do with anything being a sport?

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 12:13 PM
I think its funny that racing is listed first in that DMC list. I dont know in how many back and forth I've been defending racing as a sport. :lol

People have this thing where if they dont like a sport, well it must not be a sport then.I dislike both soccer and baseball, but they're both obviously sports. I don't care for tennis, but it's a sport.

Golf enters a gray area imo, along the lines of e-sports. Both are obviously challenging, require skill and years of commitment/practice, and muscle memory.

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 12:14 PM
Notice that baseball and golf are both listed and soccer isn't. Really makes you think.
Basketball and football aren't listed either

unleashbaynes
04-10-2017, 12:15 PM
You're swinging a stick at a ball. Seems sporty.

spurraider21
04-10-2017, 12:17 PM
You're swinging a stick at a ball. Seems sporty.
Same can be said about billiards.

:lol even pinball

unleashbaynes
04-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Same can be said about billiards.

:lol even pinball

Not even close to the same

midnightpulp
04-10-2017, 09:08 PM
I dislike both soccer and baseball, but they're both obviously sports. I don't care for tennis, but it's a sport.

Golf enters a gray area imo, along the lines of e-sports. Both are obviously challenging, require skill and years of commitment/practice, and muscle memory.

Then they're sports.

My simple definition of what differentiates sports from games is if physical execution is just as important as strategic/tactical execution (indeed, some sports are more purely physical [sprinting, shotput, etc] while others balance strategy/tactics with execution, like boxing. Chess is obviously a game because a player doesn't gain any kind of advantage moving his chess pieces more "athletically" than his opponent. E-Sports, as much as I hate them, are sports because if you can't physically execute mouse movements, button presses with a high degree of precision and timing, you'll always lose, no matter how good your gameplan is.

but let me guess, you'll have some long drawn out calculations about how phil mickelson walking hole to hole is faster than randy moss sprinting or some shit

Again, here comes the "running and jumping" around bias. I would say that developing a golf swing would take many, many more hours of PHYSICAL practice than developing the needed skills to be a wide receiver. Football isn't really all that demanding from an individual skill set perspective outside of the QB. We see NFL teams constantly sign "raw" athletes from track-and-field in hopes of developing them into something. Or late comers who are super athletic that play football for the first time in high school or college and become good players (Menelik Watson).

That said, I don't put e-sports on the same level of physical demand as "real" sports, but it's a sport, even though it's at the bottom of the totem pole.

DMC
04-13-2017, 10:21 AM
Golf isn't a sport

I dislike both soccer and baseball, but they're both obviously sports. I don't care for tennis, but it's a sport.

A) definitions aren't subjective so your opinion doesn't count.
B) :lol moving from "golf isn't a sport" to "golf enters a gray area".

Philo isn't a sport either.

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 10:27 AM
A) definitions aren't subjective so your opinion doesn't count.
B) :lol moving from "golf isn't a sport" to "golf enters a gray area".

Philo isn't a sport either.It's clear that I don't agree with that definition. And gray area makes it arguable, and I've taken a specific side in the argument.

You're a tool.

Again, and where were you with your dictionary for the past few years where posters were calling baseball/soccer "not a sport." Perhaps you have an obsession with my posts

DMC
04-13-2017, 10:28 AM
Then they're sports.

My simple definition of what differentiates sports from games is if physical execution is just as important as strategic/tactical execution (indeed, some sports are more purely physical [sprinting, shotput, etc] while others balance strategy/tactics with execution, like boxing. Chess is obviously a game because a player doesn't gain any kind of advantage moving his chess pieces more "athletically" than his opponent. E-Sports, as much as I hate them, are sports because if you can't physically execute mouse movements, button presses with a high degree of precision and timing, you'll always lose, no matter how good your gameplan is.

Again, here comes the "running and jumping" around bias. I would say that developing a golf swing would take many, many more hours of PHYSICAL practice than developing the needed skills to be a wide receiver. Football isn't really all that demanding from an individual skill set perspective outside of the QB. We see NFL teams constantly sign "raw" athletes from track-and-field in hopes of developing them into something. Or late comers who are super athletic that play football for the first time in high school or college and become good players (Menelik Watson).

That said, I don't put e-sports on the same level of physical demand as "real" sports, but it's a sport, even though it's at the bottom of the totem pole.

Of course there's a hierarchy of preferred sports for each person, however sports are sports, and there's no gradient involved in whether or not they are sports. It's like saying a basketball is more of a ball than a baseball. You might like one better, but saying "playing ball is really just playing basketball" is just senseless.

DMC
04-13-2017, 10:29 AM
It's clear that I don't agree with that definition. And gray area makes it arguable, and I've taken a specific side in the argument.

A: it's not a sport
B: It could be a sport (gray area)

Clearly you've taken a side.

You disagree with Webster's dictionary. Shocking, Philo.

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 10:31 AM
A) I think it's not a sport
B) I think you can make an argument otherwise. I'd just disagree with it

Tool

DMC
04-13-2017, 10:31 AM
Golf
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Golf is a club and ball sport in which players use various clubs to hit balls into a series of holes on a course in as few strokes as possible.

Golf, unlike most ball games, cannot and does not utilize a standardized playing area. The game is played on a course with an arranged progression of 18 holes. Each hole on the course must contain a tee box to start from, and a putting green containing the actual hole or cup (4.25 inches in width). There are other standard forms of terrain in between, such as the fairway, rough (long grass), sand traps, and hazards (water, rocks, fescue) but each hole on a course is unique in its specific layout and arrangement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golf

All that money you spent on your education wasted. tsk tsk

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Yes I'm entirely aware that golf is traditionally defined as a sport. Posting more definitions isn't making any different point.

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 10:34 AM
where were you with your dictionary for the past few years where posters were calling baseball/soccer "not a sport." Perhaps you have an obsession with my posts

DMC
04-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Argument from motive is a fallacious argument, Philo. Choice-support bias is weighing you down.

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 03:11 PM
Argument from motive is a fallacious argument, Philo. Choice-support bias is weighing you down.
It's only fallacious if I'm using that to discredit your argument. I'm not. I'm using it to demonstrate your obsession and hypocrisy in general.

You're becoming more and more like fuzzy. Sad!

DMC
04-13-2017, 03:14 PM
It's only fallacious if I'm using that to discredit your argument. I'm not. I'm using it to demonstrate your obsession and hypocrisy in general.

You're becoming more and more like fuzzy. Sad!

That's a lot of yapping to say "I was wrong".

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 03:18 PM
That's a lot of yapping to say "I was wrong".
No. I still don't consider golf a sport. That hasn't changed. You're just going full philo because yet again your "no stance :cry" narrative is shooting blanks.

DMC
04-13-2017, 03:30 PM
No. I still don't consider golf a sport. That hasn't changed. You're just going full philo because yet again your "no stance :cry" narrative is shooting blanks.

:lol "consider"

Like it's based on opinion.

You tried to take a stance and got shut down. :lol

Back to the shadows for you, where you can launch innuendo safely.

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 03:57 PM
Yes. My opinion is, in fact, based on opinion. Mind blowing revelation.

Golf isn't a sport, despite it being traditionally classified as such.

DMC
04-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Yes. My opinion is, in fact, based on opinion. Mind blowing revelation.

Golf isn't a sport, despite it being traditionally classified as such.

So Philo has bucked the long accepted definition of "sport" in favor of his own?

:lol "golf isn't a sport"
:lol argues with the dictionary
:lol redefining a term to avoid being wrong
:lol argument by high redefinition