PDA

View Full Version : So What's the playoff Rotation?

apalisoc_9
04-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Obviously matchups are going to matter but how do you think Pop os going to play out the playoffs minute wise?

Leonard 38-40mpg
Aldridge 33-35mpg
Green 30-33mpg
Gasol 25-27mpg
Parker 23-25mpg
Mills 23-25mpg
Ginobili 20-23mpg
Dedman 15-20mpg
lee 10-15mpg
Simmons 10mpg ( situational, wont be surprised to see him get burried deep in the bench though)
Anderson plays against the Cavs-LA...about 10mpg
Bertans is going to play based on offensive struggles.

Forbes DNP
Murray DNP
Anthony DNP

TheGreatYacht
04-07-2017, 09:50 PM
Dedmon, Gasol
Aldridge, Bertans/Lee
Leonard, Anderson/Simmons
Green, Forbes
Parker, Murray

white flag crew:
Anthony, microwave, Manure

Chinook
04-07-2017, 09:51 PM
Take away some minutes from Kawhi for Simmons/Anderson/PGs, and you've pretty much got it. Dunno if Danny will get a ton of SF minutes in games where the Spurs aren't struggling.

apalisoc_9
04-07-2017, 09:53 PM
I really like Bertans, but outside of the Grizz I can't think of a matchup where he gets minutes. Pop is going to play big with Houston-GSW-CLE...Maybe LA if they pull a mircale.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 09:58 PM
That's probably the lineup.

Won't work though. Pop is going to need to get creative and take some big gambles to have a puncher's chance against GS. Pretty much everyone aside from Leonard needs to be a on a short leash in that series.

spursistan
04-07-2017, 09:59 PM
What about Lee? Don't think he is going to vanish out of the rotation yet despite his recent struggles

apalisoc_9
04-07-2017, 10:02 PM
That's probably the lineup.

Won't work though. Pop is going to need to get creative and take some big gambles to have a puncher's chance against GS. Pretty much everyone aside from Leonard needs to be a on a short leash in that series.

Who is going to experiment with? The only players in the bench that could change the dynamic structure is Anderson and Bertans. The front-court position for the most part is a replace player A with Player B with the same responsibility.

I suppose they could try out Gasol/Dedman/Aldridge-Leonard-Green-Ginobili-Parker/Mills but we've hardly seen that rotation this year. Have we even?

apalisoc_9
04-07-2017, 10:04 PM
What about Lee? Don't think he is going to vanish out of the rotation yet despite his recent struggles

Lee will have rotational minutes. Probably around 10-15mpg. Might have more minutes in games where the spurs are stinking up the offense and need more rollers. I could see Aldridhe playing reduced to 30 in those situations.

TheDoctor
04-07-2017, 10:08 PM
Obviously matchups are going to matter but how do you think Pop os going to play out the playoffs minute wise?

Leonard 38-40mpg
Aldridge 33-35mpg
Green 30-33mpg
Gasol 25-27mpg
Parker 23-25mpg
Mills 23-25mpg
Ginobili 20-23mpg
Dedman 15-20mpg
lee 10-15mpg
Simmons 10mpg ( situational, wont be surprised to see him get burried deep in the bench though)
Anderson plays against the Cavs-LA...about 10mpg
Bertans is going to play based on offensive struggles.

Forbes DNP
Murray DNP
Anthony DNP

https://m.popkey.co/53e122/Xgqde.gif

SAGirl
04-07-2017, 10:12 PM
You have a good post OP. It assumes games that are close throughout. I expect to see a lot of matchups based variations in minutes fir the bigs. Lamarcus will always play but Dedmon was terrific against Clippers for example. There are series that minutes may vary one way or another.

It it goes without saying that blowouts render this inapplicable.

offset formation
04-07-2017, 10:17 PM
You have a good post OP. It assumes games that are close throughout. I expect to see a lot of matchups based variations in minutes fir the bigs. Lamarcus will always play but Dedmon was terrific against Clippers for example. There are series that minutes may vary one way or another.

It it goes without saying that blowouts render this inapplicable.

Blasphemy. OP never has good posts.

midnightpulp
04-07-2017, 10:21 PM
Who is going to experiment with? The only players in the bench that could change the dynamic structure is Anderson and Bertans. The front-court position for the most part is a replace player A with Player B with the same responsibility.

I suppose they could try out Gasol/Dedman/Aldridge-Leonard-Green-Ginobili-Parker/Mills but we've hardly seen that rotation this year. Have we even?

I mean he'll need to do some Speedy Claxton/Steve Kerr type moves.

Scenario:

Spurs are facing an 0-2 playoff deficit against GS. Down 10-12 points in the 3rd. If Danny is doing his 1-8 thing, gamble on more Manu. If Manu is Turnobili, more Simmons. If LMA is being a bitch and we need spacing, bring in Davis. If Parker and Patty are non-existent, try Murray and Forbes.

MultiTroll
04-07-2017, 10:54 PM
I mean he'll need to do some Speedy Claxton/Steve Kerr type moves.

Scenario:

Spurs are facing an 0-2 playoff deficit against GS. Down 10-12 points in the 3rd. If Danny is doing his 1-8 thing, gamble on more Manu. If Manu is Turnobili, more Simmons. If LMA is being a bitch and we need spacing, bring in Davis. If Parker and Patty are non-existent, try Murray and Forbes.
Great except why wait until we are down 0-2 and 12 points in the 3rd?

If you can get the Great Cementhead to consider these moves earlier we have a punchers chance. Good luck.

Spurtacular
04-07-2017, 11:06 PM
I really like Bertans, but outside of the Grizz I can't think of a matchup where he gets minutes. Pop is going to play big with Houston-GSW-CLE...Maybe LA if they pull a mircale.

He'll may get some Bellinelli 15 minutes at least in small part when the entire team is playing like shit and we look to a role player to save us.

ducks
04-07-2017, 11:31 PM
USA USA usa

TD 21
04-08-2017, 05:55 PM
I'd be shocked if Aldridge doesn't play close to Leonard's minutes. The reality is, there's not enough minutes for all 4 rotation bigs to get the minutes they deserve and because Gasol and Lee are far more experienced and better offensively, on a team that labors to score, Dedmon is likely going to be the one who loses minutes.

These two moves are probably inevitable at some point . . .

1) With the anemic offense killing them, Pop pulls a Ginobili with Gasol and starts him in a futile attempt to save the season

2) With Simmons/Anderson in over their head, they go down to a near 3 wing rotation

It won't happen, but in match-ups where Bertans can get by defending the backup small forward (like the Grizzlies, with Ennis), he should be the 4th wing, since he's clearly better than Simmons and Anderson.

apalisoc_9
04-08-2017, 06:22 PM
I'd be shocked if Aldridge doesn't play close to Leonard's minutes. The reality is, there's not enough minutes for all 4 rotation bigs to get the minutes they deserve and because Gasol and Lee are far more experienced and better offensively, on a team that labors to score, Dedmon is likely going to be the one who loses minutes.

These two moves are probably inevitable at some point . . .

1) With the anemic offense killing them, Pop pulls a Ginobili with Gasol and starts him in a futile attempt to save the season

2) With Simmons/Anderson in over their head, they go down to a near 3 wing rotation

It won't happen, but in match-ups where Bertans can get by defending the backup small forward (like the Grizzlies, with Ennis), he should be the 4th wing, since he's clearly better than Simmons and Anderson.

Bertans is going to get the splitter treatment. Sucks really because he's an even better three pointer than Green. Anderson-Simmons will mostly likely play bad. Scared players.

Beetans really deserves minutes. Never Gun Shy and moves fantastic without the ball. With limited penetration talent, the spurs need a guy that can move without the ball and create spaces for himself to give the avergare penetrators an opportunity to pass. Bertans does that. Dude is like Belli but is at position that doesn't reguire as much defense as Bellim

spursistan
04-08-2017, 06:31 PM
Bertans is going to get the splitter treatment. Sucks really because he's an even better three pointer than Green. Anderson-Simmons will mostly likely play bad. Scared players.

Beetans really deserves minutes. Never Gun Shy and moves fantastic without the ball. With limited penetration talent, the spurs need a guy that can move without the ball and create spaces for himself to give the avergare penetrators an opportunity to pass. Bertans does that. Dude is like Belli but is at position that doesn't reguire as much defense as Bellim

Yep, Bertans is the most ready Spurs rookie since Leonard..Lee unexpected play/contribution has reduced his potential role for this season. It is shame because he has a niche already carved for him in an offensively-challenged squad.

It was pretty easy to notice how comfortable and confident he was from early in the pre-season..Dude sparked the team to two road wins (Hornets/Boston) barely 15 games into his NBA career..

Spurtacular
04-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Bertans'll may get some Bellinelli 15 minutes at least in small part when the entire team is playing like shit and we look to a role player to save us.

https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/11995828/yoda-on-the-head-you-have-hit-the-nail.jpg