PDA

View Full Version : Trump plans centrist push

Hank Scorpio
04-08-2017, 02:37 PM

Supposedly why Bannon and his plans for a great culture war is being sidelined.

It would be so great if the Pepes got kicked to the curb

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 02:59 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Dear Leader has already done enough damage with his hard right nomination of Gorsuch.

mavsfan1000
04-08-2017, 03:02 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Dear Leader has already done enough damage with his hard right nomination of Gorsuch.
:rolleyes

boutons_deux
04-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Trash has already trashed everything Obama that he could, and the Repug Congress supported him.

He ain't gonna do no centrist stuff. and he can't stop the Repug House from defunding everything, fucking it all up. His cabinet ain't centrist, they were chose to weaken if not destroy their departments, agencies.

Look at his fucking budget, ain't nothing centrist about it, like cutting school and summer meals for poor kids, etc, etc, etc.

Kim Jong-il
04-08-2017, 03:05 PM
Trump goes Full Cuck :lol

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 03:10 PM
So Trump is going to go from far right lunatic to being Clinton?

AaronY
04-08-2017, 06:36 PM
Even if he wanted to the Dems couldn't be seen agreeing with him on anything in this polarized climate. He could propose the entire Democratic agenda and the pussy hat people would yell out resist and impeach. Same thing if Hillary made it and tried to get along with the Republicans. Maybe if someone with centrist appeal ran and got in but both sides blame the other side for all the problems in the world lately it's almost like getting along with the other team would get you primaried out.

spurraider21
04-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Even if he wanted to the Dems couldn't be seen agreeing with him on anything in this polarized climate. He could propose the entire Democratic agenda and the pussy hat people would yell out resist and impeach. Same thing if Hillary made it and tried to get along with the Republicans. Maybe if someone with centrist appeal ran and got in but both sides blame the other side for all the problems in the world lately it's almost like getting along with the other team would get you primaried out.fake news

Reck
04-08-2017, 07:09 PM
So Trump is going to go from far right lunatic to being Clinton?

Clinton gets a bad rap for being a moderate democrat. And that's only because she's supposed to be a democrat and as a progressive has to on the far left with the crazies of teh party like Bernie and Warren.

When a republican takes a centrist stance it's no big deal. Its only when someone with a D next to their names that it becomes a problem.

IMO, being a centrist is how you get shit done in Washington. Whenever someone goes too far on one side nobody wants to work with you. Dear leader find out out real quick. He got cucked by his own party.

Reck
04-08-2017, 07:11 PM
Even if he wanted to the Dems couldn't be seen agreeing with him on anything in this polarized climate. He could propose the entire Democratic agenda and the pussy hat people would yell out resist and impeach. Same thing if Hillary made it and tried to get along with the Republicans. Maybe if someone with centrist appeal ran and got in but both sides blame the other side for all the problems in the world lately it's almost like getting along with the other team would get you primaried out.

Damn, right on. Should have read your post before posting mine and just going "this." :tu

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Clinton gets a bad rap for being a moderate democrat. And that's only because she's supposed to be a democrat and as a progressive has to on the far left with the crazies of teh party like Bernie and Warren.

When a republican takes a centrist stance it's no big deal. Its only when someone with a D next to their names that it becomes a problem.

IMO, being a centrist is how you get shit done in Washington. Whenever someone goes too far on one side nobody wants to work with you. Dear leader find out out real quick. He got cucked by his own party.

LOL I thought you didn't like Hillary and here you are semen shielding for that fuck again. I was referring more to Bill, who was solidly to the right economically with the way he drank Greenspan's lunatic kool-aid on financial regulation. If she's anything like her husband she'd have been center right too.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 07:15 PM
Damn, right on. Should have read your post before posting mine and just going "this." :tu

Crazy Sanders has said many times he hoped to work with Trump to get a stimulus/infrastructure bill passed.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2017, 07:17 PM

It was basically a centrist position that got blown up by the far right Freedom Caucus.

:lol

Reck's partisan glasses are so distorted he can't even keep his basic facts straight.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 07:18 PM
It was basically a centrist position that got blown up by the far right Freedom Caucus.

Reck's partisan glasses are so distorted he can't even keep his basic facts straight.

Killing off medicaid to give tax breaks to the rich isn't a centrist position.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 07:21 PM
Now the ACA was the centrist position since it's a lot like what Republicans like Dole, Grassley, Hatch wanted in the 90s and what Romney actually implemented. The liberal position would have been single payor like Sanders keeps advocating.

Reck
04-08-2017, 07:22 PM
LOL I thought you didn't like Hillary and here you are semen shielding for that fuck again. I was referring more to Bill, who was solidly to the right economically with the way he drank Greenspan's lunatic kool-aid on financial regulation. If she's anything like her husband she'd have been center right too.

I dont know how you equate a name to a position.

If Hillary is a center left, then I guess you can say I like her beacuse of her position on the issues.

But you can also say that a lot about politicians who are actually more of a centrist type candidate that aren't always being partisan hacks.

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2017, 07:23 PM
Killing off medicaid to give tax breaks to the rich isn't a centrist position.

It was an attempted compromise keeping pre-existing conditions and the 26 and under on their parents insurance. It certainly wasn't perfect. It was just something rushed to the table so they could say they replaced obamacare.

But Reck saying the Republican freedom caucus killed it because it wasn't centrist enough was just bum fucking stupid.

Reck
04-08-2017, 07:28 PM
But Reck saying the Republican freedom caucus killed it because it wasn't centrist enough was just bum fucking stupid.

You're so dense you're not even up to date with what your own conservative cucks are up to and why they do what they do. :lol

Perhaps you you might want to read my OP again, cosmicgaylord.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 07:28 PM
I dont know how you equate a name to a position.

If Hillary is a center left, then I guess you can say I like her beacuse of her position on the issues.

But you can also say that a lot about politicians who are actually more of a centrist type candidate that aren't always being partisan hacks.

Clinton center left :lmao

Obama was center left. He bent over backwards to get GOP votes on the ACA instead of going for a left wing solution but all the Koch money killed that off with GOP senators who were initially going to join him.

Reck
04-08-2017, 07:34 PM
Clinton center left :lmao

Obama was center left. He bent over backwards to get GOP votes on the ACA instead of going for a left wing solution but all the Koch money killed that off with GOP senators who were initially going to join him.

There you go then. You cant say I like her because in reality she's just a moderate democrat who's more than happy to go with whatever a conservative republican puts out. Eg voting for the retarded war etc.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 07:34 PM
I mean how the hell can you defend Clinton, Reck, after seeing the smoldering mess she has left the DNC in? The DNC is completely powerless until in the absolute best case 2019 and it's because everyone in the party but Sanders was scared of her (and he's not really in the party). Even Biden wouldn't run against her. She was so unpopular and yet her loyalists just forced her through anyways like it was her turn to be president. Thank you Clinton you fucking twat, you just gave us another 35 years of Scalia and probably another 35 on top of that if Uncle Thomas retires early like he said he has always planned to.

Kim Jong-il
04-08-2017, 07:38 PM
The Clintons are the cancer of America, which means in a way Trump is the chemotherapy. He's toxic and is making our hair fall out, but if it means we never see another fucking Clinton in the political spotlight, then it's probably worth it.

Reck
04-08-2017, 07:40 PM
I mean how the hell can you defend Clinton, Reck (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412), after seeing the smoldering mess she has left the DNC in? The DNC is completely powerless until in the absolute best case 2019 and it's because everyone in the party but Sanders was scared of her. Even Biden wouldn't run against her (and he's not really in the party). She was so unpopular and yet her loyalists just forced her through anyways like it was her turn to be president. Thank you Clinton you fucking twat, you just gave us another 35 years of Scalia and probably another 35 on top of that if Uncle Thomas retires early like he said he has always planned to.

So she scared people from running? lol c'mon

Biden didn't run because he was too conflicted about what happened to his son. He actually laid the pipe on Clinton a while ago. He said she didn't do shit for the middle class and took for granted those voters. It's why he now says he regrets not running.

And as far as the DNC being in shambles, doesn't that happen every 4 years when a party loses? It's par for the course. You have to make up your mind BB. You said she lost because of Comey now you're saying she was a shitty candidate. (Which she has always been)

CosmicCowboy
04-08-2017, 07:41 PM
You're so dense you're not even up to date with what your own conservative cucks are up to and why they do what they do. :lol

Perhaps you you might want to read my OP again, cosmicgaylord.

Suuuuure Reck. The 40 vote from the "Freedom Caucus" that killed it was because the plan wasn't centrist enough.

Fucking idiot.

Reck
04-08-2017, 07:46 PM
Suuuuure Reck. The 40 vote from the "Freedom Caucus" that killed it was because the plan wasn't centrist enough.

Fucking idiot.

Dude, am I really going to have to walk you through my post?

I said Trump went too far to the right and found out the hard way that that position doesn't work. He got cock blocked by his own party. Not only by the freedom caucus which he tried to bend over backwards for but the moderate republicans.

The health bill wasn't a centrist bill, you dumb cuck. Is why it didn't passed mustard.

rmt
04-08-2017, 07:57 PM
The Clintons are the cancer of America, which means in a way Trump is the chemotherapy. He's toxic and is making our hair fall out, but if it means we never see another fucking Clinton in the political spotlight, then it's probably worth it.

Hahaha - that is SO funny (and true).

Regarding, OP - Ivanka and Jared's influence - liberal Democrats.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 08:09 PM

Holy fuck this might be the best post in the history of the political forum.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 08:15 PM
And as far as the DNC being in shambles, doesn't that happen every 4 years when a party loses? It's par for the course. You have to make up your mind BB. You said she lost because of Comey now you're saying she was a shitty candidate. (Which she has always been)

The Democrats control absolutely nothing. The white house is republican. The house is Republican 241-194. The senate is Republican 53-48 counting Pence's vote. The supreme court is Republican 5-4. State governors are Republican 33-16. The DNC is in complete fucking shambles, I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

Reck
04-08-2017, 08:18 PM
The Democrats control absolutely nothing. The white house is republican. The house is Republican 241-194. The senate is Republican 53-48 counting Pence's vote. The supreme court is Republican 5-4. State governors are Republican 33-16. The DNC is in complete fucking shambles, I don't know how you can argue otherwise.

And they're doing such a great job. The republicans.

A president who doesn't know his ass from his face.
A house who cant even pass their own bill
And a senate who's at 17% approval ratings

You can argue they're both in shambles. One because of their own making and the other for incompetency.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 08:24 PM

And a senate who's at 17% aproral ratings

You can argue they're both in shambles. One because of their own making and the other for incompetency.

The GOP has a really solid supreme court majority that's likely to stand for years (and decades if Ginsburg dies in Trump's term). The GOP controls the states, which makes their house majority pretty stable due to state level gerrymandering. The democrats have to defend way more senate seats than the republicans do in 2018. The public hating our government is a plus for the GOP, it's their governing philosophy that government is bad.

Will Hunting
04-08-2017, 08:29 PM
So she scared people from running? lol c'mon

Biden didn't run because he was too conflicted about what happened to his son. He actually laid the pipe on Clinton a while ago. He said she didn't do shit for the middle class and took for granted those voters. It's why he now says he regrets not running.

You seriously don't think there was pressure on other Dems to not run against Clinton?

Just look at how many candidates the republicans had vs. the dems. There were 15+ republicans who tried running in the primary (some establishment and not establishment) while there were 4 Dems who ran in the primary, and all but Clinton were outsiders.

the progressive wing of the party was begging Warren to run but she said no because "she could make a better impact as a Senator"....then when Clinton needs a VP Warren suddenly stops caring about the impact she can make as a senator because she's clamoring to be Clintons VP. She was an obvious example of someone who would have had a good shot but was scared of pissing off the Clintons.

just face the reality that your beloved Clintons have taken over the Democratic Party and turned it into shit.

Will Hunting
04-08-2017, 08:31 PM

And a senate who's at 17% approval ratings

You're only proving his point. In spite of how shitty the Republican Party is, it still controls the government at every level because the Clinton-led Democratic Party is so unappealing to most voters.

Reck
04-08-2017, 08:41 PM
You seriously don't think there was pressure on other Dems to not run against Clinton?

Just look at how many candidates the republicans had vs. the dems. There were 15+ republicans who tried running in the primary (some establishment and not establishment) while there were 4 Dems who ran in the primary, and all but Clinton were outsiders.

the progressive wing of the party was begging Warren to run but she said no because "she could make a better impact as a Senator"....then when Clinton needs a VP Warren suddenly stops caring about the impact she can make as a senator because she's clamoring to be Clintons VP. She was an obvious example of someone who would have had a good shot but was scared of pissing off the Clintons.

just face the reality that your beloved Clintons have taken over the Democratic Party and turned it into shit.

LOL I wasn't into politics before this year. So this sense that I was this Clinton supporter or a democrat diehard is hilarious.

I describe myself as a democrat because this party is the only party that aligns with the liberal social issues I most associate with.

You're only proving his point. In spite of how shitty the Republican Party is, it still controls the government at every level because the Clinton-led Democratic Party is so unappealing to most voters.

Or maybe because the hate the redneck nation had for Obama was overwhelming. Nothing mobilizes them more like Obamacare did.

The dems lost something over a thousand seats under the Obama presidency. That ain't on Bill..or Hillary or anyone named Clinton.

spurraider21
04-08-2017, 08:53 PM
Holy fuck this might be the best post in the history of the political forum.horseshit. if you believed that, you would have voted for trump. its just a nice way to rationalize what's going on

Will Hunting
04-08-2017, 08:59 PM
LOL I wasn't into politics before this year. So this sense that I was this Clinton supporter or a democrat diehard is hilarious.

I describe myself as a democrat because this party is the only party that aligns with the liberal social issues I most associate with.

Or maybe because the hate the redneck nation had for Obama was overwhelming. Nothing mobilizes them more like Obamacare did.

The dems lost something over a thousand seats under the Obama presidency. That ain't on Bill..or Hillary or anyone named Clinton.
You completely dodged the topic of other Dems not wanting to run against the Clintons.

I wouldn't expect someone who didn't pay attention to politics prior to this year to understand how much the Democratic Party has changed since slick Willy was first elected.

And Obama is definitely not the reason a bunch of life long Democrats in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Wisconsin and Michigan who voted for Obama twice flipped to Trump in 2016 because the Clintons have always been free trade whores who ship rust belt jobs overseas.

Will Hunting
04-08-2017, 09:01 PM
horseshit. if you believed that, you would have voted for trump. its just a nice way to rationalize what's going on
It's also far from a sure thing the Clintons are done. They're already pushing Chelsea Clinton for a NY seat in the house, and if Hilary runs again in 2020, she would still be the favorite to win the Democratic primary because of all the establishment support she'd get as well as the spear chucking chimpanzees in the dirty south who'd vote for a retarded beagle so long as its last name was Clinton.

spurraider21
04-08-2017, 09:05 PM
It's also far from a sure thing the Clintons are done. They're already pushing Chelsea Clinton for a NY seat in the house, and if Hilary runs again in 2020, she would still be the favorite to win the Democratic primary because of all the establishment support she'd get as well as the spear chucking chimpanzees in the dirty south who'd vote for a retarded beagle so long as its last name was Clinton.can't believe people are still playing the narrative of clinton running again. it's not going to happen, and no, there's no way the establishment puts her up again after they got shellacked in the elections

Will Hunting
04-08-2017, 09:11 PM
can't believe people are still playing the narrative of clinton running again. it's not going to happen, and no, there's no way the establishment puts her up again after they got shellacked in the elections
Who in the Democratic establishment is going to support someone else over Hilary? All of the key people are Clinton surrogates.

spurraider21
04-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Who in the Democratic establishment is going to support someone else over Hilary? All of the key people are Clinton surrogates.nobody has run after a loss since nixon. it's not going to happen. the DNC wants to win too, not just cozy up to friends. they thought they could do both in '16 and they failed.

baseline bum
04-08-2017, 09:48 PM
horseshit. if you believed that, you would have voted for trump. its just a nice way to rationalize what's going on

God damnit, I'm trying to find a silver lining to this fucked up presidency.

spurraider21
04-08-2017, 10:05 PM
God damnit, I'm trying to find a silver lining to this fucked up presidency.yeah, like i said

cd021
04-08-2017, 10:49 PM

Sort of like saying someone should cut off my arm because of a bad rash. Trumps flopping pretty badly right out of the gate and the entire country will suffer for it.

Reck
04-08-2017, 10:52 PM
I dont get the chemotherapy analogy myself.

So if Trump is it, he'll cure us. I dont think so. We'll be worst off and definitely not be better off in the long term under him.

florige
04-08-2017, 11:02 PM
[QUOTE=baseline bum;8959902]I mean how the hell can you defend Clinton, Reck, after seeing the smoldering mess she has left the DNC in? The DNC is completely powerless until in the absolute best case 2019 and it's because everyone in the party but Sanders was scared of her (and he's not really in the party). Even Biden wouldn't run against her. She was so unpopular and yet her loyalists just forced her through anyways like it was her turn to be president. Thank you Clinton you fucking twat, you just gave us another 35 years of Scalia and probably another 35 on top of that if Uncle Thomas retires early like he said he has always planned to.[/

Actually Martin O' Malley was the first one who called out Hillary Clinton and the DNC for being unfairly biased towards her. Heck during the primaries he had to literally beg the moderator for time to get his point across.

Kim Jong-il
04-08-2017, 11:31 PM
I dont get the chemotherapy analogy myself.

So if Trump is it, he'll cure us. I dont think so. We'll be worst off and definitely not be better off in the long term under him.
We're cured of never seeing a Clinton sniff the White House again. In the long run that could absolutely be worth the short term damage of Trump. Trump isn't curing America of it's woes, nobody is. He cured America of the Clintons and their bullshit.

Reck
04-08-2017, 11:34 PM
We're cured of never seeing a Clinton sniff the White House again. In the long run that could absolutely be worth the short term damage of Trump. Trump isn't curing America of it's woes, nobody is. He cured America of the Clintons and their bullshit.

Clittery has signal that she wants to run for mayor in New York and there is the prospect of their daughter to run for something in the future.

The Clinton name is embedded in US politics for better or worse. Just like Trump is now. Unfortunately.

Kim Jong-il
04-08-2017, 11:38 PM
Clittery has signal that she wants to run for mayor in New York and there is the prospect of their daughter to run for something in the future.

The Clinton name is embedded in US politics for better or worse. Just like Trump is now. Unfortunately.
Chelsea isn't doing shit. Once mommy and daddy are dead, people will have no use for her. She's already being villified among the left for being exactly the spoiled entitled rich white girl that she is.

SnakeBoy
04-09-2017, 12:32 AM
Thank you Clinton you fucking twat, you just gave us another 35 years of Scalia and probably another 35 on top of that if Uncle Thomas retires early like he said he has always planned to.

You better hope old Ruthie can hang on. Colon cancer, pancreatic cancer, heart disease...reaper has been gunning for her for awhile.