PDA

View Full Version : Powell: Ginobili's Colorful Career Winds Down

ElNono
04-08-2017, 06:17 PM
If this is end of road for Manu Ginobili, it's been a memorable ride
San Antonio Spurs' future Hall of Famer could be closing a colorful, distinctive international career

SAN ANTONIO -- Until right around 2003 or so, there was no documented proof that a human willingly traveled from Buenos Aires direct to San Antonio to seek a place of worship because, why would anyone do that, given the noticeable lack of historical or religious linkage between the cultures? One is a sensuous city in South America, robust and rife with all the urban charms and evils. The other is flat South Texas, magnetized by a muddy creek in the middle of town, buoyed by the military and flavored by Tex-Mex. Not only are they not sister cities, they’re not even distant cousins.

Yet, slowly and then consistently, people flocked by the dozens over the last dozen years, taking the pilgrimage up north and through customs to seek salvation, to see their very own "Basquetbol Jesus", up close and personal. They came to cheer the between-the-legs passes, the funky jumper with the crooked left elbow and the layups delivered by contorting body limbs. These trips have intensified the last few months because, as he acknowledged somewhat wistfully the other day: “A lot of fans are seeing that the window of opportunity to see me play is closing. They know it’s almost here.”

Read more:
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/04/06/ride-remember-san-antonio-spurs-manu-ginobili-if-end-line

SAGirl
04-09-2017, 12:00 AM
Bump.

Manu has been up and down this season but he's given all he has to give.

AT this point in time it's little of what he used to be, but there have been flashes of his game. Hopefully he has one last bit for the playoffs, but I think it's time to retire after that. He just can't bring it nightly and that is sad to see at times.

spursistan
04-09-2017, 12:02 AM
Looks like that thigh contusion is going ruin whatever effectiveness he's had left for the playoffs :pctoss..

vander
04-09-2017, 12:34 AM
He just can't carry the team this year anymore, but at least he's on a bargain contract.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2017, 01:54 AM
He just can't carry the team this year anymore, but at least he's on a bargain contract.

:lol

Seripusly though, the best Spurs PG of all time.

Pocho La Pantera
04-09-2017, 07:18 AM
Please retire after the playoffs, it will be sad, but it's time. Love to see him play, though.

Splits
04-09-2017, 07:30 AM
“A lot of fans are seeing that the window of opportunity to see me play is closing. They know it’s almost here.”

Can't come soon enough

TheGreatYacht
04-09-2017, 09:14 AM
“A lot of fans are seeing that the window of opportunity to see me play is closing. They know it’s almost here.”

Can't come soon enough

daledondale
04-09-2017, 09:25 AM
1 more year, depending how he wiil play in the playoffs.

FkLA
04-09-2017, 10:18 AM
:cry :worthy:

QrjGrRKSW_s