PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul...

apalisoc_9
04-09-2017, 01:48 AM
Every team this 5'11 PG has played for was competitive. A legit top 5 superstar every year. He might have declined this year, but who in the history of the NBA can we honestly say His prescne alone would turn the franchise into a 50+ team..

He's better than system player Nash, better than Kid, better than stockton.

Realisticly, he's the third best PG ever behind Aids and Curry.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2017, 01:50 AM
It's a shame people are so enormed with counting stats, but my god his advanced numbers are so Godly. Paul, Lebron, Durant might have very well been the three best players in the world in the last 7 years.

Kobe was never top 5, realistixly speaking.

illusioNtEk
04-09-2017, 03:08 AM
You just found out he was a superstar?

midnightpulp
04-09-2017, 05:32 AM
Always been a fan of his game (he can be a bitch sometimes). He's a bit of a choker, though.

BatManu20
04-09-2017, 05:35 AM
Chris Paul, even at his slightly declined state this season, on this Spurs team would be godly. Also the best defensive PG in the league, along with Avery Bradley and Patrick Beverly.

Horse
04-09-2017, 07:21 AM
No way he's better than Kidd and relax with bitch boy curry

MaNu4Tres
04-09-2017, 08:12 AM
He's the best PG of the past decade. One of the most underrated to ever play.

I'd put him up against any point guard in history.

Even if Parker has 4 rings, I take Chris Paul over him any day of the week.

spursparker9
04-09-2017, 08:14 AM
Best leader in the current NBA. The legit and real head of the snake

Clipper Nation
04-09-2017, 08:48 AM
Choke Paul is trash, he just looks like the GOAT PG when compared to Porker.

daledondale
04-09-2017, 09:27 AM
Always been a fan of his game (he can be a bitch sometimes). He's a bit of a choker, though.

No way he's better than Kidd and relax with bitch boy curryThis. Stockton could run in circles around him.

cd98
04-09-2017, 10:12 AM
Uptime Kidd was better, but he punched his wife, so I'd expect Kidd not to play fair.

coachmac87
04-09-2017, 10:19 AM
I'm on the CP3 train..

I want him to be a Spur next season. He's exactly what this team needs....a floor general who can execute and run an offense to get others involved and play better.

I know it's a long shot or pipe dream but Spurs gottta kick the tires

kaji157
04-09-2017, 10:28 AM
If he wants to come here i´d gladly take him, i don´t think it´s real to expect it.
Would have to give up a lot of money and the Spurs would need to ship off Parker and another player.

UZER
04-09-2017, 10:32 AM
I'm on the CP3 train..

I want him to be a Spur next season. He's exactly what this team needs....a floor general who can execute and run an offense to get others involved and play better.

I know it's a long shot or pipe dream but Spurs gottta kick the tires

Paul will be 33 by next playoffs. That's right at the severe drop off line for a point guard. And knowing the Spurs, they would give him a huge contact and be stuck with another old PG waisting Kawhis prime years.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-09-2017, 10:34 AM
OP's post lost all credibility when it listed Curry (:lmao) as 2nd best PG ever... is this a joke?

kaji157
04-09-2017, 10:36 AM
Paul will be 33 by next playoffs. That's right at the severe drop off line for a point guard. And knowing the Spurs, they would give him a huge contact and be stuck with another old PG waisting Kawhis prime years.

I really don´t think Paul´s game will age that badly, he s a consistent shooter from midrange, has good court vision, is serviceable on defense and doesn´t depend much on athleticism. He seems like the kind of player that works on his game as he ages like TD before, and Manu now have shown.

tholdren
04-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Every team this 5'11 PG has played for was competitive. A legit top 5 superstar every year. He might have declined this year, but who in the history of the NBA can we honestly say His prescne alone would turn the franchise into a 50+ team..

He's better than system player Nash, better than Kid, better than stockton.

Realisticly, he's the third best PG ever behind Aids and Curry.

realistically, how are you not pinked?

UZER
04-09-2017, 10:47 AM
I really don´t think Paul´s game will age that badly, he s a consistent shooter from midrange, has good court vision, is serviceable on defense and doesn´t depend much on athleticism. He seems like the kind of player that works on his game as he ages like TD before, and Manu now have shown.

I don't disagree, but he's also always been very injury prone... that doesn't get better with age.

Leetonidas
04-09-2017, 11:35 AM
Every time he plays SA he's unconscious. Fucker never misses it seems like and has no problem scoring on SA when he seems passive to take over vs other teams. Just glad they're not in our playoff bracket tbh

coachmac87
04-09-2017, 11:48 AM

That's cool. Still would love the Spurs to build a team around CP3 and Kawhi...

Everybody else wants to pay Hill, Mills or Holiday or hand the keys to Murray. Neither one of those players are true point guards and this team needs a player who can properly facilitate an offense and be a leader..

skulls138
04-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Kawhis all the leader I need. Paul would dominate the ball too much and take it away from Kawhi and team passing (though be good for LA). If I could I would take a younger Parker, which would be Murray with a medium range shot. Murrays also got good size.

I think we have to wait til summer league and check Murray out. Im good with George Hill too.

Brazil
04-09-2017, 12:23 PM
Paul is a great player but deep inside a loser... he is never the one to blame because he hides like a bitch when times are tough. He quits on his team in those POs late 4th quarters games.

I'm not a big fan tbh

sananspursfan21
04-09-2017, 12:25 PM
Every time he plays SA he's unconscious. Fucker never misses it seems like and has no problem scoring on SA when he seems passive to take over vs other teams. Just glad they're not in our playoff bracket tbh

This. He's a great player but he has like 3 extra gears he brings to the Spurs games

Mr. Body
04-09-2017, 12:36 PM
I don't get why he always crashes out in the second round. There's something in him that just loses, in the end.

JohnnyMax
04-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Parker is the better player.

Paul only started dominating this matchup after Parker's decline.

Mikeanaro
04-09-2017, 01:17 PM
Parker is the better player.

Paul only started dominating this matchup after Parker's decline.

CP3 never had Duncan, Ginobili, Bowen, Horry to make him look better.
Prime TP with NO and Clips would be a joke.

phxspurfan
04-09-2017, 01:24 PM
I don't get why he always crashes out in the second round. There's something in him that just loses, in the end.

Is it him or is it his teams? Remember, he's been on teams with notable choking histories like the Hornets with ultimate choker Peja, and the Clippers (one of the worst franchises ever in sports history along with the Browns) with other chokers like Griffin

But damn watching the way he controls the tempo of the game is beautiful. Games with him in it always play at his pace. And Kawhi needs to watch some tape on how CP3 can absolutely destroy a double team

Vic Petro
04-09-2017, 01:24 PM
The only thing Chris Paul loves more than the perfect assist is the perfect nut punch. Gimme Kidd. He dragged a couple of shitty rosters to the NBA Finals.

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 01:26 PM
CP3 never had Duncan, Ginobili, Bowen, Horry to make him look better.
Prime TP with NO and Clips would be a joke.

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 01:31 PM
Always been a fan of his game (he can be a bitch sometimes). He's a bit of a choker, though.most clutch player since jordan :lol

Clipper Nation
04-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Is it him or is it his teams? Remember, he's been on teams with notable choking histories like the Hornets with ultimate choker Peja, and the Clippers (one of the worst franchises ever in sports history along with the Browns) with other chokers like Griffin

Choke Paul is the primary reason why those teams have notable choking histories. Nobody else on any of the teams he's been on has choked harder than he has.

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 01:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEd8fCgwMJU
#10 is cp3 breaking tony's ankles :lol

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 01:54 PM
#1 in that video was cp3 scoring an and 1 on tony :lol

D-Wade
04-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Andre Miller's reaction :lol

DAF86
04-09-2017, 02:46 PM
Don't know if even possible but Spurs should try to go for him, even with the injury proness and age questions. He would fit like a glove here, he might even turn Dedmon into an all-star by just throwong lobs to hin like he did with Deandre.

r0drig0lac
04-09-2017, 02:48 PM
No way he's better than Kidd and relax with bitch boy curry

This, and a few others above, but this is probably not a serious thread

GSH
04-09-2017, 03:55 PM
CP3 is a very good PG. You could have just said that. But saying that every team he's been on has been competitive? His teams won 37, 38, 39, and 46 games, in four of his six years in NO. And his first year in LAC, they won 40 games.

Bottom line, his teams have NEVER been competitive just because of him. He's been on several good teams with both Blake Griffen and DeAndre Jordan. And he was on one good team in NO, when David West and Tyson Chandler were both at their peak, and Peja was knocking down close to half of his 3P attempts. As good as CP3 is, and I don't dispute that he's good, he's never been an automatic 50-win kind of guy.

spurraider21
04-09-2017, 03:59 PM
op did you ever pop this guy's cherry?

Damn..reminds me of the fact that I havent had sex in two months. Been wanting to Pop a legal 17 year old cherry but his dad is intimidating. Wouldn't surprise me if he breaks a part of my body :lol

SASdynasty!
04-09-2017, 04:10 PM
This is true except for the times we bounced him out of the playoffs.

TD 21
04-09-2017, 04:20 PM
Paul's better than Curry all-time. I don't care how historically great the latter's previous 2 regular seasons were, it's not like he has an amazing individual playoff track record and he damn sure doesn't have the longevity of elite play that the former does. Paul long ago usurped Stockton as the greatest pure point guard of all time.

:lmao At the notion of him being a "choker". Most of his "clutch" (nonsense, since there is no such thing, but people buy into it) stats have always been good. In addition, he's a 5'11'' guy, who hasn't had explosive speed/quickness since his knee injuries over a half decade ago, nor has he ever played on a top 2 team in the West. Sure, the door was open in '15 to at least make the WCF and they collectively pissed it away, but still. There's no track record in the history of the game of someone of his stature being able to win a championship as the clear cut best player.

skulls138
04-09-2017, 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEd8fCgwMJU
#10 is cp3 breaking tony's ankles :lolWhat kind of fan are you??? Parker has schooled Paul plenty of times and you bring one play that shows opposite. Addicted to hate.

EDIT - Ok I watched it and it is funny...but still....

04-09-2017, 08:33 PM
Paul's better than Curry all-time. I don't care how historically great the latter's previous 2 regular seasons were, it's not like he has an amazing individual playoff track record and he damn sure doesn't have the longevity of elite play that the former does. Paul long ago usurped Stockton as the greatest pure point guard of all time.

:lmao At the notion of him being a "choker". Most of his "clutch" (nonsense, since there is no such thing, but people buy into it) stats have always been good. In addition, he's a 5'11'' guy, who hasn't had explosive speed/quickness since his knee injuries over a half decade ago, nor has he ever played on a top 2 team in the West. Sure, the door was open in '15 to at least make the WCF and they collectively pissed it away, but still. There's no track record in the history of the game of someone of his stature being able to win a championship as the clear cut best player.
:lmao

cd98
04-09-2017, 09:52 PM
I can't say Paul is better than Stockton. Stockton owning the all time assist and steal record and much better playoff success puts him ahead. TBH, Stockton was a victim of being great in the Jordan era as it cost him 2NBA titles.

apalisoc_9
04-09-2017, 10:01 PM
I can't say Paul is better than Stockton. Stockton owning the all time assist and steal record and much better playoff success puts him ahead. TBH, Stockton was a victim of being great in the Jordan era as it cost him 2NBA titles.

The Jordan Era was weak. It's why no one couldn't win a damn thing. They couldn't even beat a 6th seed Hakeem.

The counting Stats will hurt Paul, but no way in hell os stockton every carrying a team.

gospursgojas
04-09-2017, 10:30 PM
Him and Durant all time- lifetime loser team.

skulls138
04-09-2017, 10:46 PM
The Jordan Era was weak. It's why no one couldn't win a damn thing. They couldn't even beat a 6th seed Hakeem.

The counting Stats will hurt Paul, but no way in hell os stockton every carrying a team.That a 6th seed Rockets team beat the Jazz doesnt prove the Jordan era was weak. To me it shows that Houston could turn it on when it matters. Also I would take Hakeem on my team against ANY era.

barbacoataco
04-09-2017, 10:50 PM
Only s great regular season player since he's never had any success in the playoffs. Since NBA players really only try in the playoffs, that means his success has all come when the other team isn't trying.

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 11:27 PM
What kind of fan are you??? Parker has schooled Paul plenty of times and you bring one play that shows opposite. Addicted to hate.

EDIT - Ok I watched it and it is funny...but still....
i didn't post the video to disparage tony. i posted it cause i'm a big cp3 fan.

it just happened that #10 and #1 came against him.

TD 21
04-09-2017, 11:30 PM

Pure = small guard, that's a full time point guard on both sides of the ball.

James and Johnson are the greatest point guards ever, but they're 6'8'', the former is a combo forward defensively and I believe the latter spent plenty of time defending forwards too.

:lmao Cliché, vanilla fan, believing in the "clutch" myth. It's all about sample size. Over time, if given enough chances most players will progress or regress to the mean.

MaNu4Tres
04-09-2017, 11:33 PM

James and Johnson are the greatest point guards ever, but they're 6'8'', the former is a combo forward defensively and I believe the latter spent plenty of time defending forwards too.

:lmao Cliché, vanilla fan, believing in the "clutch" myth. It's all about sample size. Over time, if given enough chances most players will progress or regress to the mean.

About time someone else on this damn site recognizes this. Props TD :toast

gambit1990
04-09-2017, 11:40 PM
He's a bit of a choker, though.

most clutch player since jordan :lol

NameLess Scrub
04-10-2017, 08:39 AM

Bit of an understatement :lol.. but overall yes to this post

NameLess Scrub
04-10-2017, 09:53 AM

Clutch is just a cool name to being mentally tough when the pressure increases in a game/series.
The more consistent someone is performing in those situations, the more clutch he is considered.

I'm curious about why do you guys think this aspect does not exist, even when the statistics and probability concepts you're mentioning are true, of course.

Brazil
04-10-2017, 10:09 AM

:lol it won't happen in Paul case, dude avoid shooting in the clutch anyway because he is too afraid

For the rest it seems you both never play any competitive sport. Shooting in the clutch during the finals, serving for the game in tennis for a great slam or whatever is the holy grail for your level etc... if you compare those moments to a normal play you are at best ignorant of how it works.
Some will forget about pressure, others will freeze, others will avoid those moments and differ...

Brazil
04-10-2017, 10:10 AM
Clutch is just a cool name to being mentally tough when the pressure increases in a game/series.
The more consistent someone is performing in those situations, the more clutch he is considered.

exactly

MultiTroll
04-10-2017, 11:23 AM
but who in the history of the NBA can we honestly say His prescne alone would turn the franchise into a 50+ team..
GTFO

New Orleans
'06 38-44
'07 39-43
'08 56-26 Dynomite David West in prime dropping 20/9, Tyson Chandler prime, Peja Stoyakovich dropping treys at 44%. Please.
'09 49-33
'10 37-45
'11 46-36

Clippers
'12 40-26

offset formation
04-10-2017, 11:40 AM
OP's post lost all credibility when it listed Curry (:lmao) as 2nd best PG ever... is this a joke?

Lost credibility? Lol.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 11:50 AM

How someone can watch Choke Paul's playoff career and not believe that clutchness and choking exist is beyond me. Like, how often can you watch that faggot start overdribbling, bricking, turning it over and expecting Jamal Crawful/Jannero Pargo to bail him out down the stretch of playoff games before it sinks in that he can't be counted on in those situations? Plus he comes out passive and scared in nearly every elimination game.

Maybe his "sample size" would be bigger if he didn't choke against inferior or evenly-matched teams in Round 1 or 2 every year.

eDizzle20
04-10-2017, 12:02 PM
CP3 gets a raw deal. Blake is a very good offensive player, but you can't depend on him defensively. Jordan is primarily a rebounder and good help defender. CP3 sets up offense for him. He'll never win one with this Clippers team. He would thrive with Spurs. Kawhi would be able to play off the ball and still actually get the ball. If he passes up on re-signing with the Clips I have to imagine the Spurs would be #1 on his list.

gambit1990
04-10-2017, 12:06 PM
CP3 gets a raw deal. Blake is a very good offensive player, but you can't depend on him defensively. Jordan is primarily a rebounder and good help defender. CP3 sets up offense for him. He'll never win one with this Clippers team. He would thrive with Spurs. Kawhi would be able to play off the ball and still actually get the ball. If he passes up on re-signing with the Clips I have to imagine the Spurs would be #1 on his list.
that is how i feel. that's why i still have some small sliver of hope...

Horse
04-10-2017, 12:19 PM
I like paul, like him to take a dirtnap fuck this faggot motherfucker

SpursFan86
04-10-2017, 12:21 PM
CP3 is up there as one of the most underrated players of this generation, IMO. GOAT-tier regular season stats, and his playoff struggles are vastly exaggerated/blown out of proportion.

He's really only shat the bed in 2 playoff series in his career - '09 1st round against Denver, and '12 2nd round against SA. Outside of those 2 series, he's performed pretty damn well in every series he's played. Yes, he's had some choke moments and deserves some of the criticism he receives...but he's also been clutch a lot as well, and consistently ranks near the top in terms of clutch stats. His postseason numbers are still incredibly impressive as a whole. Given the strength of the opponents he's faced in the West throughout his career + his individual performance, his lack of even a WCF appearance can at least somewhat be excused.

In the end, I agree with the notion of him being a top 3 PG of all-time.

Arcadian
04-10-2017, 12:28 PM
Isn't he still a conference finals virgin?

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 01:22 PM
He's really only shat the bed in 2 playoff series in his career - '09 1st round against Denver, and '12 2nd round against SA. Outside of those 2 series, he's performed pretty damn well in every series he's played.
Not true. He also shat the bed against the Spurs in '08, the Grizzlies in '13, the Warriors in '14 (which we still won because of Blake carrying CP0's choking ass and getting no credit for it), the Thunder in '14, and the Rockets in '15.

Yes, he's had some choke moments and deserves some of the criticism he receives...
What criticism? Blake is the one who always gets blamed when we lose in the playoffs. Choke Paul has always had excuses made for him and scapegoats to hide behind. He and Durbeta have both been coddled their whole careers.

Given the strength of the opponents he's faced in the West throughout his career
None of the teams he's faced have even made it to the Finals, let alone won it. They've always been evenly matched or inferior. LeBron has been vilified for not beating championship teams and dynasties all by himself with D-League supporting casts, but we're supposed to feel bad for Choke Paul because he can't beat any team with a pulse in the playoffs? Gimme a break.

coachmac87
04-10-2017, 01:30 PM
Not true. He also shat the bed against the Spurs in '08, the Grizzlies in '13, the Warriors in '14 (which we still won because of Blake carrying CP0's choking ass and getting no credit for it), the Thunder in '14, and the Rockets in '15.

What criticism? Blake is the one who always gets blamed when we lose in the playoffs. Choke Paul has always had excuses made for him and scapegoats to hide behind. He and Durbeta have both been coddled their whole careers.

None of the teams he's faced have even made it to the Finals, let alone won it. They've always been evenly matched or inferior. LeBron has been vilified for not beating championship teams and dynasties all by himself with D-League supporting casts, but we're supposed to feel bad for Choke Paul because he can't beat any team with a pulse in the playoffs? Gimme a break.

Where were the Clippers before CP3??

Quit hating

MaNu4Tres
04-10-2017, 01:38 PM

You're a moron.

In the playoffs, CP3 only has averaged: 21 points, 9 assists, 5 boards and 2 steals per game on 49% shooting 38% from 3. BPM of 8 for his playoff career, VORP of 6.5, PER of 25.5.

As a comparison. Our 4 time champion Tony Parker has avg.: 18 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds on 46% shooting, 30% from 3. BPM of 0 for his playoff career, VORP of 3.7 and PER of 16.8.

CP3 haters are morons.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 01:57 PM
You're a moron.

In the playoffs, CP3 only has averaged: 21 points, 9 assists, 5 boards and 2 steals per game on 49% shooting 38% from 3. BPM of 8 for his playoff career, VORP of 6.5, PER of 25.5.

As a comparison. Our 4 time champion Tony Parker has avg.: 18 points, 5 assists and 3 rebounds on 46% shooting, 30% from 3. BPM of 0 for his playoff career, VORP of 3.7 and PER of 16.8.

CP3 haters are morons.
When did I say Porker wasn't a massive choke artist in his own right? Porker was dragged to his rings by Duncan, Manu and Kawhi. The guy gets outplayed by his own backups when it matters most.

The thing with Choke Paul is that he's talked about like he is a Duncan/Manu/Kawhi type of figure for his teams, not an Enrique Porker type of player who has to be carried by the Duncan/Manu/Kawhi types. He carries himself like a twelve-time champion, hogs the ball and screams at his teammates like they're holding him back from winning his thirteenth ring, and gets paid an obscene amount of money (and is about to sign a historic $210 million deal this summer). The media treats him with a level of reverence that they otherwise only reserve for champions who are easily marketable to casual fans. He puts up gaudy regular season stats and has rarely faced a significantly better team in the playoffs. And despite the easy ride he's had, he still can't get past round 2. It's pathetic.

I wouldn't be so hard on Choke Paul if he was willing to let Blake be the first option, take less money to win, take responsibility for his own playoff failures instead of hiding behind scapegoats, and stop being such a control freak. It would be nice if he stopped flopping and whining at refs, too. Right now, he's a totally unlikeable player who thinks he's so much better than he really is.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 02:02 PM
Where were the Clippers before CP3??

Quit hating
Before Choke Paul, we were a young team on the rise with one of the league's brightest new stars in Blake Griffin.

With Choke Paul, we're an aging capped-out treadmill team with no future. And Choke Paul still hasn't led us any farther in the playoffs than Cassell and Brand did.

Emperor
04-10-2017, 02:12 PM
Isn't he still a conference finals virgin?

That cherry would get popped once he joins the Spurs.

gambit1990
04-10-2017, 02:19 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/zw5ob087StkWc/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/eE8mTqOYLPAWc/giphy.gif

gambit1990
04-10-2017, 02:23 PM
imagine the defense, between paul, green, and kawhi...
https://media.giphy.com/media/XXPDuRCXh8hOM/giphy.gif

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Lost credibility? Lol.

meaning, he never had any in the first place?

btw I like your username. What formation are you referring to?

SpursforSix
04-10-2017, 03:46 PM
meaning, he never had any in the first place?

btw I like your username. What formation are you referring to?

He's probably talking about two brothers on your mom.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2017, 03:46 PM
Before Choke Paul, we were a young team on the rise with one of the league's brightest new stars in Blake Griffin.

With Choke Paul, we're an aging capped-out treadmill team with no future. And Choke Paul still hasn't led us any farther in the playoffs than Cassell and Brand did.
A young team that won how many games, like 25?

'06 was a fluky year. The Clippers in '06 were the Sonics in '05. Fluky one hit wonder teams

Brazil
04-10-2017, 03:58 PM
You're a moron.

CP3 haters are morons.

I don't see any CP3 hater except clitoris but dude hates all kind of PG anyway

When you are in a close game of a decisive game and offense starts to slow down, role players disappear you count on your star player to solve the issue... Spurs have been blessed to have his leaders taking their responsabilities... CP3 just prefer defer to the Pargo and Peja of the NBA last 5 minutes of the game. This is not being a hater than saying that.

Clipper Nation
04-10-2017, 04:13 PM
A young team that won how many games, like 25?
32, but we had one of the youngest teams in the league and plenty of assets to keep building around Blake with.

'06 was a fluky year. The Clippers in '06 were the Sonics in '05. Fluky one hit wonder teams
It took severe injuries to our top two point guards and the Mavs tanking like idiots to face the Warriors to keep us out of the playoffs in 2006-07. Then 2007-08 was ruined before it even began when Brand tore his Achilles during preseason workouts. The playoff appearance wasn't a fluke, the fact they only made the playoffs once with that core was the fluke.

Thomas82
04-10-2017, 04:48 PM

I most certainly wouldn't rule it out. I feel like if the Clippers flame out early again this year, they'll start breaking the team up this summer.

FkLA
04-10-2017, 05:00 PM
Paul is a great player but deep inside a loser... he is never the one to blame because he hides like a bitch when times are tough. He quits on his team in those POs late 4th quarters games.

I'm not a big fan tbh

Yet you consider Enrique a winner bc he was lucky enough to play alongside the great Timothy Duncan and the great Emmanuel Ginobili. Even though he's needed Claxton, Barry, Kerr, CoJo, and Paddy to bail his sorry ass out. :lol

CP3 on the Spurs alongside Manu, TD, and towards the end Kawhi would've been the greatest modern day dynasty, tbh.

TD 21
04-10-2017, 05:35 PM
:lol it won't happen in Paul case, dude avoid shooting in the clutch anyway because he is too afraid

For the rest it seems you both never play any competitive sport. Shooting in the clutch during the finals, serving for the game in tennis for a great slam or whatever is the holy grail for your level etc... if you compare those moments to a normal play you are at best ignorant of how it works.
Some will forget about pressure, others will freeze, others will avoid those moments and differ...

:rolleyes Sure he does. More nonsense. According to cliché, vanilla fans, every player that doesn't have a championship(s) or at least fit the mold of a Jordan, Bryant, etc., is soft, a choker, etc.

I played plenty of competitive sports, most notably basketball and I'm as competitive as humanly possible . . . but that doesn't mean I don't have a brain and independent thoughts. Sure, some are more comfortable in clutch situations, but I'm talking about the results.

How someone can watch Choke Paul's playoff career and not believe that clutchness and choking exist is beyond me. Like, how often can you watch that faggot start overdribbling, bricking, turning it over and expecting Jamal Crawful/Jannero Pargo to bail him out down the stretch of playoff games before it sinks in that he can't be counted on in those situations? Plus he comes out passive and scared in nearly every elimination game.

Maybe his "sample size" would be bigger if he didn't choke against inferior or evenly-matched teams in Round 1 or 2 every year.

I pretty much covered the majority of this above, but I'll add: the '15 WCSF is the only series he's lost that he absolutely should have won and he sure as hell didn't come out passive and scared in the '15 WCQF. He also didn't fail to come through in the clutch, but I guess that doesn't count because it doesn't fit the narrative. Also, as MaNu4Tres outlined, his playoff stats are ridiculous. The reality is, he's never played on a top 2 team in the conference and his stature makes it extremely difficult for him to be the best player on a championship team.

You're a moron.

CP3 haters are morons.

:tu

skulls138
04-10-2017, 06:13 PM
Yet you consider Enrique a winner bc he was lucky enough to play alongside the great Timothy Duncan and the great Emmanuel Ginobili. Even though he's needed Claxton, Barry, Kerr, CoJo, and Paddy to bail his sorry ass out. :lol

CP3 on the Spurs alongside Manu, TD, and towards the end Kawhi would've been the greatest modern day dynasty, tbh.You forget that Manus sloppy play and Kawhis missed FT thwarted 2013 from being a championship that Parker wouldve been the hero of. That wouldve been another cherry on his already stellar career. Parker is a better scorer than CP3 and at one time was the best inside scorer of ANY player of ANY position in the NBA.

Snaq O'Meal
04-10-2017, 08:19 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/zw5ob087StkWc/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/eE8mTqOYLPAWc/giphy.gif

:lol

UNT Eagles 2016
04-10-2017, 09:06 PM
32, but we had one of the youngest teams in the league and plenty of assets to keep building around Blake with.

It took severe injuries to our top two point guards and the Mavs tanking like idiots to face the Warriors to keep us out of the playoffs in 2006-07. Then 2007-08 was ruined before it even began when Brand tore his Achilles during preseason workouts. The playoff appearance wasn't a fluke, the fact they only made the playoffs once with that core was the fluke.

:lol that's the worst take ever.

Brazil
04-10-2017, 10:39 PM
:rolleyes Sure he does. More nonsense. According to cliché, vanilla fans, every player that doesn't have a championship(s) or at least fit the mold of a Jordan, Bryant, etc., is soft, a choker, etc.

I played plenty of competitive sports, most notably basketball and I'm as competitive as humanly possible . . . but that doesn't mean I don't have a brain and independent thoughts. Sure, some are more comfortable in clutch situations, but I'm talking about the results

The results are obviously influenced by how much you are comfortable in clutch situations... tons of athlete are getting mental preparation for those moments but yet :cry there is no such a thing about clutch :cry so vanilla :cry

what is vanilla is taking stat law and apply it whatever context is and say as a big hot take... clutch does not exist... news flash it does exist. The fact some are more or less comfortable is proof of that, there is no denial unless being an idiot that cp3 tends to defer in those moments see pargo and Pena to the rescue

Brazil
04-10-2017, 10:40 PM

CP3 on the Spurs alongside Manu, TD, and towards the end Kawhi would've been the greatest modern day dynasty, tbh.

Ya you did not understand a single word of what I wrote... not that I'm surprised... you should see a doctor or better go to school brah... reading is not your strength, French pg hate is but not sure it will help your career.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 08:24 AM
:lol that's the worst take ever.
Do you not remember that season? The Mavs were so overconfident, they really did tank to face the Warriors. Two of their last six games of the season were against the Clippers and the Warriors. They played us at full strength and then rested all their starters against the Warriors. It was a monumentally idiotic decision, considering that we were starting Jason Hart at point guard at that point and we weren't one of those high-octane small-ball teams that gave the Mavs fits. But that's Avery Johnson for you.

coachmac87
04-11-2017, 08:45 AM
You forget that Manus sloppy play and Kawhis missed FT thwarted 2013 from being a championship that Parker wouldve been the hero of. That wouldve been another cherry on his already stellar career. Parker is a better scorer than CP3 and at one time was the best inside scorer of ANY player of ANY position in the NBA.

CP3 has always been the better player...and it's not even close

NameLess Scrub
04-11-2017, 08:54 AM
You forget that Manus sloppy play and Kawhis missed FT thwarted 2013 from being a championship that Parker wouldve been the hero of. That wouldve been another cherry on his already stellar career. Parker is a better scorer than CP3 and at one time was the best inside scorer of ANY player of ANY position in the NBA.

Regardless of the CP3 vs Parker discussion, this is in part true. However, Timmy could've easily won the FMVP in 2013. Sad we won't know..

NameLess Scrub
04-11-2017, 08:58 AM
The results are obviously influenced by how much you are comfortable in clutch situations... tons of athlete are getting mental preparation for those moments but yet :cry there is no such a thing about clutch :cry so vanilla :cry

what is vanilla is taking stat law and apply it whatever context is and say as a big hot take... clutch does not exist... news flash it does exist. The fact some are more or less comfortable is proof of that, there is no denial unless being an idiot that cp3 tends to defer in those moments see pargo and Pena to the rescue

Of course stats and probability are not out of the equation. But that doesn't mean the mental aspect of the game is not critical in the clutch moments of the game.

sasaint
04-11-2017, 09:28 AM

Reasonable takes except Paul would never decline a max offer from the Clips. They can offer him tens of millions more than any other team. The only way CP3 leaves the Clips is if the Clips refuse to offer him a max deal (or close to it), and instead offer him a deal that is merely competitive with what other teams can offer him. In that case, the Spurs would need to make some drastic moves (Parker) and strip their roster more than the Dubs did in order to sign Durant. Paul ain't coming to San Antonio.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 11:05 AM
Regardless of the CP3 vs Parker discussion, this is in part true. However, Timmy could've easily won the FMVP in 2013. Sad we won't know..
Danny Green would have won it, until fatass said "I can't believe they're leaving him open!" and then got outplayed by Mario Chalmers down the stretch of the series.

dabom
04-11-2017, 11:16 AM
Danny Green would have won it, until fatass said "I can't believe they're leaving him open!" and then got outplayed by Mario Chalmers down the stretch of the series.

NameLess Scrub
04-11-2017, 04:13 PM

I miss that Danny Green :(

gambit1990
04-11-2017, 04:36 PM
who was the last player to take a paycut comparable to what cp3 would be doing to join the spurs? no one? the lakers could've paid dwight more than the rockets iirc, but i can't remember how much more.

david west comes to mind. that was only around ~$10 million though.

TD 21
04-11-2017, 05:19 PM

No, they're not. Bryant was about as confidence as they come, yet his "clutch" stats were terrible. The notion that athletes are more or less predisposed to perform based on the time of the game, is illogical.

Generally speaking, high IQ types understand end of game situations are about making the right play, not playing hero ball to satisfy cliché, vanilla fans.

Brazil
04-11-2017, 09:03 PM
No, they're not. Bryant was about as confidence as they come, yet his "clutch" stats were terrible. The notion that athletes are more or less predisposed to perform based on the time of the game, is illogical.

Generally speaking, high IQ types understand end of game situations are about making the right play, not playing hero ball to satisfy cliché, vanilla fans.

smh... speaking of vanilla take... of course you perform different, I doubt you ever played anything in your life tbh...

GSH
04-11-2017, 09:32 PM
When did I say Porker wasn't a massive choke artist in his own right? Porker was dragged to his rings by Duncan, Manu and Kawhi. The guy gets outplayed by his own backups when it matters most.

The thing with Choke Paul is that he's talked about like he is a Duncan/Manu/Kawhi type of figure for his teams, not an Enrique Porker type of player who has to be carried by the Duncan/Manu/Kawhi types. He carries himself like a twelve-time champion, hogs the ball and screams at his teammates like they're holding him back from winning his thirteenth ring, and gets paid an obscene amount of money (and is about to sign a historic $210 million deal this summer). The media treats him with a level of reverence that they otherwise only reserve for champions who are easily marketable to casual fans. He puts up gaudy regular season stats and has rarely faced a significantly better team in the playoffs. And despite the easy ride he's had, he still can't get past round 2. It's pathetic.

I wouldn't be so hard on Choke Paul if he was willing to let Blake be the first option, take less money to win, take responsibility for his own playoff failures instead of hiding behind scapegoats, and stop being such a control freak. It would be nice if he stopped flopping and whining at refs, too. Right now, he's a totally unlikeable player who thinks he's so much better than he really is.

Those are some pretty freaking amazing numbers. I don't think the guy is an automatic 50-win guy, but dayum.

People bashing CP3 mostly don't understand that his "choking" was just like Steve Nash's "choking". They both broke themselves on the cliffs of Tim Duncan.

lefty
04-11-2017, 10:18 PM
CP is the best PG tbh

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 10:21 PM
People bashing CP3 mostly don't understand that his "choking" was just like Steve Nash's "choking".

In other words, actual choking that's always been excused away or blamed on other players by Media.

They both broke themselves on the cliffs of Tim Duncan.

Duncan didn't play for the Kings when Bibby used to take wet shits on Nash every year. Duncan didn't play for the Nuggets, Grizzlies, Rockets and Thunder teams that Paul choked against.

lefty
04-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Better than Porker

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Better than Porker

http://i.imgur.com/gxLwEwD.jpg

GSH
04-11-2017, 10:47 PM
In other words, actual choking that's always been excused away or blamed on other players by Media.

Duncan didn't play for the Kings when Bibby used to take wet shits on Nash every year. Duncan didn't play for the Nuggets, Grizzlies, Rockets and Thunder teams that Paul choked against.

Not "other players". I'm only blaming it on one other player. Most of Nash's and CP3's best chances of at least getting to the Finals were ended by Tim Duncan and the Spurs. I don't remember every team those two guys lost to in the playoffs. But that SA-NO matchup was a close call, and was more about the Spurs (Tim Duncan) being better, than about CP3 choking. And there were several series against Nash's Suns that were the same way. They both lost with some teams that didn't have a real chance to go all the way. But the best teams they played on always got put down by Tim and the Spurs.

A lot like the way Michael Jordan kicked Karl Malone's ass in the Finals twice in a row. Malone was a serious badass. Jordan was just better.

If CP3 is a "choker" because he wasn't better than Tim, then you can make a list of a BUNCH of chokers in the league. And the Kings were a DAMN good team that played well enough to win a Championship - they just didn't get the ring.

Ice009
04-12-2017, 10:40 AM

If the Spurs won game 6 like they should have (I still give the Heat no credit, Spurs handed it to them), then from what I've read/heard, Tim was voted finals MVP up until that horrendous last 27 seconds.

NameLess Scrub
04-12-2017, 11:01 AM
If the Spurs won game 6 like they should have (I still give the Heat no credit, Spurs handed it to them), then from what I've read/heard, Tim was voted finals MVP up until that horrendous last 27 seconds.

Specially the bolded.

Chillen
04-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Of course you sign CP3 if he wants to be a Spur but keep in mind there is only a 3 year age gap between Parker and Paul. Spurs need to get younger and more athletic imo.

Clipper Nation
04-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Porker choked for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered if LeGOAT didn't step up and take that shit.

Chucho
04-12-2017, 11:56 AM
Unless he ring chases, he is in the GOAT-to-never-ring Club.

Love how people downlplay the teams he has played for when comparing Parker to him (especially the stretch of saying Bowen and Horry made Parker look good). Dude has played next to Blake and DeAndre (on paper, MUCH better now than Gino ever was (again, "on paper", for the tools) and also played next to an All-Star front court in Nawlins and he never did anything of note in his PO career. His biggest accomplishment is beating the Spurs.

He's just not a winner, just like Barkley, just like Malone, just like Ewing. There's nothing wrong with being second or third tier legends.

kaji157
04-12-2017, 04:26 PM
I do think it's difficult that he takes that huge of a paycut. But we are missing the fact that CP would make the spurs a complete team and even more of a contender than we already are for at least two years.
If he decides to go ring chasing the spurs should be his number one option.
And i also believe he is one of those players that would love to play for pop.

NameLess Scrub
04-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Porker choked for sure, but it wouldn't have mattered if LeGOAT didn't step up and take that shit.

Lebron did step up in game 7.

They still needed Tim to miss a point blank lay up over a player 4 inches shorter than him to win though..

BillMc
04-13-2017, 03:26 PM
Unless he ring chases, he is in the GOAT-to-never-ring Club.

Love how people downlplay the teams he has played for when comparing Parker to him (especially the stretch of saying Bowen and Horry made Parker look good). Dude has played next to Blake and DeAndre (on paper, MUCH better now than Gino ever was (again, "on paper", for the tools) and also played next to an All-Star front court in Nawlins and he never did anything of note in his PO career. His biggest accomplishment is beating the Spurs.

He's just not a winner, just like Barkley, just like Malone, just like Ewing. There's nothing wrong with being second or third tier legends.

Agree. But unlike Barkley, Stockton, Malone, Ewing and Reggie Miller, who all made at least one Finals, Paul's never even made a conference final. He's in the McGrady class now, fair or not, guy who can't get it remotely done in the playoffs. Hard to put him too high in the PG pantheon if he can't ever make an NBA final four much less win a ring.

That said, I do think he could be a winner for Pop, but we'll never get him. New CBA is just too generous for major players to stay put.

spursistan
04-23-2017, 11:12 PM
He's has been the 3rd best player in the playoffs after Kawhi/Lebron, but it probably won't matter and another first round exit could be in the cards..

Really wish he and Spurs can find a middle ground in free agency. He's probably got 2 or 3 more years of this level..Just too great of a talent from historical perspective to never get a shot at title..Even Nash's Suns were more of a threat than these Clippers..

MaNu4Tres
04-23-2017, 11:41 PM
He's has been the 3rd best player in the playoffs after Kawhi/Lebron, but it probably won't matter and another first round exit could be in the cards..

Really wish he and Spurs can find a middle ground in free agency. He's probably got 2 or 3 more years of this level..Just too great of a talent from historical perspective to never get a shot at title..Even Nash's Suns were more of a threat than these Clippers..

Spurs shouldn't just try to keep the boat afloat by applying temporary old band aids.

I said it last off-season, they need to start making moves towards the Warriors on a timeline that is 2-3 years out. There's no moves Spurs can make that can put them as equals to the Warriors for next year. There were none last summer either. That's why I didn't want to utilize the resources they did have on Gasol. They need to start building a young versatile/athletic roster to grow with Kawhi. Use resources to attain as many young two-way players as possible who are not defensive liabilities.

The next 3 years belong to Warriors, but if Spurs can build up to where they hit their peak while Warriors' level of play inevitably descends, Spurs may be right there again as Kawhi hits 28-30 years old. Kawhi's game should age well and Spurs should still win 50+ games going this route instead of the route they went last summer. It's time for change.

By no means does this mean, I"m suggesting they blow it up and be a lottery team. Spurs can still easily be a 50 win team going through this 2-3 year process.

dabom
04-23-2017, 11:44 PM
So no more blowing it up? :lol

ducks
04-23-2017, 11:55 PM
Spending 14 million on Manu was stupid

BatManu20
04-28-2017, 04:21 PM
As I stated before, he wants to stay in LA. He'll never win there, but he and his family love the city, weather, culture, etc. That's his choice.

BatManu20
04-28-2017, 04:27 PM
Plus $200M is $200M. Not going to get that from the Spurs.

gambit1990
04-28-2017, 05:23 PM
spurs have a shot at getting him but it depends how much effort and energy they put into the pursuit.

cp3 resigning is close to a lock but isn't 100% imo.

-their roster needs more work
-blake and deandre are pretty much at their ceiling
-kawhi > cp3 > blake

Seventyniner
04-28-2017, 05:31 PM
Spurs shouldn't just try to keep the boat afloat by applying temporary old band aids.

I said it last off-season, they need to start making moves towards the Warriors on a timeline that is 2-3 years out. There's no moves Spurs can make that can put them as equals to the Warriors for next year. There were none last summer either. That's why I didn't want to utilize the resources they did have on Gasol. They need to start building a young versatile/athletic roster to grow with Kawhi. Use resources to attain as many young two-way players as possible who are not defensive liabilities.

The next 3 years belong to Warriors, but if Spurs can build up to where they hit their peak while Warriors' level of play inevitably descends, Spurs may be right there again as Kawhi hits 28-30 years old. Kawhi's game should age well and Spurs should still win 50+ games going this route instead of the route they went last summer. It's time for change.

By no means does this mean, I"m suggesting they blow it up and be a lottery team. Spurs can still easily be a 50 win team going through this 2-3 year process.

I'm going the other way here. Play to win now. There's no telling what can happen in 2-3 years. Hell, I still think there's a small chance that one of Curry or Durant actually leaves because they'll have to gut their roster even more.

coachmac87
04-28-2017, 08:56 PM
Chris Paul needs the Spurs and the Spurs need Chris Paul...

It's gonna happen

sasaint
04-28-2017, 09:05 PM

Exactly! :tu Before last season I called it a "controlled descent into mediocrity.

sasaint
04-28-2017, 09:07 PM
I'm going the other way here. Play to win now. There's no telling what can happen in 2-3 years. Hell, I still think there's a small chance that one of Curry or Durant actually leaves because they'll have to gut their roster even more.

Or perhaps the Dubs keep Curry and Durant but dump Klay...?

SAGirl
04-28-2017, 09:09 PM
I only really see the possibility of getting cap space back doing something about Pau Gasol... like encouraging him not to reup by offering a trade. As of this moment, I wouldn't like for him to be reupped for more years. He's already looking over the hill.

DMC
04-28-2017, 09:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/gxLwEwD.jpg

:wakeup

spursistan
04-29-2017, 05:23 PM

If the Spurs plan to pursue him--not so sure about that yet-- they'll get a courtesy meeting out of respect (much like Durant)..And if there is any party that could manage to talk him out of resigning in LAC, it would be delegation including Pop/Duncan/Parker/Kawhi..Don't see CP3 leaving for anywhere else..

dabom
04-29-2017, 05:41 PM
Pop just needs to call CP3 if he cares about winning and if he wants to cement his legacy or be Melo2.0. It's up to him.

cd021
04-29-2017, 11:11 PM
I only really see the possibility of getting cap space back doing something about Pau Gasol... like encouraging him not to reup by offering a trade. As of this moment, I wouldn't like for him to be reupped for more years. He's already looking over the hill.

Threatening would probably be more accurate. If he opts in then the Spurs could move him to Minny or Toronto both teams were interested in him last off season. If he opts out then he can make his own decision. Him become a legit stretch 5 extends his career, he could probably still be a solid NBA player for another couple of seasons.

SAGirl
04-29-2017, 11:31 PM
Threatening would probably be more accurate. If he opts in then the Spurs could move him to Minny or Toronto both teams were interested in him last off season. If he opts out then he can make his own decision. Him become a legit stretch 5 extends his career, he could probably still be a solid NBA player for another couple of seasons.
You are right. Also Minny specially was looking for veterans.
I'll be honest, I haven't liked him for most of the season. He got insanely hot from 3 as of late... that is unsustainable... and he's so lacking in his game at times. ahhhh if he stays it's fine.. but I am disappointed that was the big offseason acquisition.. I'd just as soon play Bertans a whole lot more and a big like Dedmon (doesn't have to be him.. just the type and call it a bench)... they don't need Gasol to score, trust me.

SAGirl
04-29-2017, 11:44 PM
This is generating a lot of media... This thread could go a ton more pages.
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/keeping-chris-paul-blake-griffin-is-a-bad-idea-for-clippers-but-its-the-only-one-they-got/

TheDoctor
04-30-2017, 01:24 AM
Mainstream media still writing their articles from ST's material per par :lol

SASdynasty!
04-30-2017, 05:23 PM
CP3 continues to be a historic choker. Dude looked like he wasn't even trying out there. Had 4 points in the last 3 quarters in a G7 at home against a bad team.