PDA

View Full Version : United Is Under Fire for Dragging a Passenger Off an Overbooked Flight

ElNono
04-10-2017, 05:21 PM
United Is Under Fire for Dragging a Passenger Off an Overbooked Flight

Overselling is a way to cover no-shows while maximizing revenue. But sometimes it leads to confrontation.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-04-10/united-s-forcible-removal-from-overbooked-flight-triggers-outrage

Reck
04-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Saw that earlier. That was so fucked.

Thought for a second it was Kojima being dragged. :lol

TeyshaBlue
04-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Dude hit the lottery, tbh.

DarrinS
04-10-2017, 06:26 PM
I heard it was to make room for United emoyees. Smh

boutons_deux
04-10-2017, 06:45 PM
Who is liable? United or the SS goon squad?

apalisoc_9
04-10-2017, 07:09 PM
A gook in a sea of White people had to be the one "randomly" selected. How comvenient.

DarrinS
04-10-2017, 07:21 PM
A gook in a sea of White people had to be the one "randomly" selected. How comvenient.

What color were the guys that forcibly removed him?

ElNono
04-10-2017, 07:50 PM
United/Continental have been on my shit-list for a few years now, tbh... Even 'low cost' like Southwest or JetBlue are above and beyond these fucks.

DarrinS
04-10-2017, 07:51 PM
United/Continental have been on my shit-list for a few years now, tbh... Even 'low cost' like Southwest or JetBlue are above and beyond these fucks.

I'm glad I don't have to travel much for work these days.

DarrinS
04-10-2017, 07:54 PM
I remember one trip sitting on the tarmac at DFW for hours -- and it was July.

It would've been a relief to get dragged off that plane, tbh.

hater
04-10-2017, 08:06 PM
I have traveled all over the world in dozens of airlines

American brand airlines are the worst of the fucking worst. You fuckers dont know how bad you are compared to the rest of the world.

apalisoc_9
04-10-2017, 08:22 PM

American brand airlines are the worst of the fucking worst. You fuckers dont know how bad you are compared to the rest of the world.

Yup. I'm glad I've never needed to travel that much ro the US. The couple times I did, I tried my best to not ride any US airlines...

Had to ride united once though. No reason for me to ever go back.

To be fair, Jetwest in Canada is fucking terrible too. The people that work there are obnoxious self centred white people. Awful customer service. Just awful.

AirCanada is mediocre, but at least its not torture.

Granted I don't travel a lot and only ever been in three International airlines...but The Emirates is just wonderful. The customer service is just top notch.

DarrinS
04-10-2017, 08:31 PM
In my experience, I've encountered obnoxious self-centered people of all colors.

hater
04-10-2017, 08:37 PM
Yup. I'm glad I've never needed to travel that much ro the US. The couple times I did, I tried my best to not ride any US airlines...

Had to ride united once though. No reason for me to ever go back.

To be fair, Jetwest in Canada is fucking terrible too. The people that work there are obnoxious self centred white people. Awful customer service. Just awful.

AirCanada is mediocre, but at least its not torture.

Granted I don't travel a lot and only ever been in three International airlines...but The Emirates is just wonderful. The customer service is just top notch.

within the US I try to fly Virgin America. That one is not bad but its not really an american line

But I never ever ever fly American, Delta or United

Thise are probably the 3 worst airlines in the entire world

pgardn
04-10-2017, 08:40 PM

You are on crack.
Totally.
And you are a liar.

The Western European airlines are good. Except good luck losing luggage.

Tell me truthfully, have you ever flown Aeroflot?
Tell me your experience.

The US airlines make an effort to find luggage. That, I appreciate over service. Apo flying Emirates? When did you inherit this money?

Trill Clinton
04-10-2017, 08:40 PM
i used to work part time for american airlines(one of my favorite jobs) and i can say that this happened often. yes, the pilots will refuse to fly the plane if they don't feel comfortable. i remember a pilot refusing to fly until a man who he thought was muslim was taken off...the guy was a punjabi http://i66.tinypic.com/141744.jpg

Will Hunting
04-10-2017, 08:43 PM
within the US I try to fly Virgin America. That one is not bad but its not really an american line

I'm not saying those are great (they're not) but Spirit is easily the worst. Trust me when I say it's its own breed of horrible airline.

I agree with your general sentiment though that America has by far a shittier flying experience than any other country. Smaller seats and shittier customer service but still somehow the most expensive, by far. This is somewhat due to the fact Boeing airplanes are the widely used planes in America when airbus planes are way better.

DarrinS
04-10-2017, 08:44 PM
i used to work part time for american airlines(one of my favorite jobs) and i can say that this happened often. yes, the pilots will refuse to fly the plane if they don't feel comfortable. i remember a pilot refusing to fly until a man who he thought was muslim was taken off...the guy was a punjabi http://i66.tinypic.com/141744.jpg

Yeah, that's not what this was about. It was about kicking off passengers for United's employees to take their seats. They asked for four passengers to volunteer to get off -- no one volunteered (I don't blame them). They randomly selected four people. I'm assuming three got off, begrudgingly, but this doctor refused.

Trill Clinton
04-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Yeah, that's not what this was about. It was about kicking off passengers for United's employees to take their seats. They asked for four passengers to volunteer to get off -- no one volunteered (I don't blame them). They randomly selected four people. I'm assuming three got off, begrudgingly, but this doctor refused. yes i know. i saw that the flight was overbooked and the asian was dragged out. i was just adding my .2 about how fucked up the airline industry can be.

pgardn
04-10-2017, 08:49 PM
You are on crack.
Totally.
And you are a liar.

The Western European airlines are good. Except good luck losing luggage.

Tell me truthfully, have you ever flown Aeroflot?
Tell me your experience.

The US airlines make an effort to find luggage. That, I appreciate over service. Apo flying Emirates? When did you inherit this money?

Oh. Going West Frontier is very cheap. But horribly uncomfortable. Lol those thinking United and others are uncomfortable.
Fat fck s outta shape. Delta has crashed and burned last 10 years imo.

clambake
04-10-2017, 09:23 PM
i have never had a problem with any airline or charter.

tlongII
04-10-2017, 09:34 PM

Alaska owns Virgin America.

DMX7
04-10-2017, 09:42 PM
i have never had a problem with any airline or charter.

Fly enough and you'll have a problem. I've been involuntarily reaccomodated before. I was pissed as fuck but didn't go out kicking and screaming like this guy.

DMX7
04-10-2017, 09:46 PM
6Bw_GPI0_do

InRareForm
04-10-2017, 09:49 PM
That lady Complaining is annoying af

DMX7
04-10-2017, 09:59 PM
That lady Complaining is annoying af

lol, Bill was laughing. I'm not sure at who though. :lol

InRareForm
04-10-2017, 10:23 PM
What a bizarre situation lol. Is that passenger a doctor?

Mitch
04-10-2017, 10:34 PM
Dude is gonna get a few hundred grand for this :lol

boutons_deux
04-10-2017, 10:39 PM
USA police state and war mongering destroying America's brand across the planet

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 06:14 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV28_ENzFog

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 06:28 AM
United CEO Blames ‘Belligerent’ Customer For Overbooked Flight Melee

CEO Oscar Munoz says airline agents were “left with no choice” but to call security.

Munoz acknowledged “there are lessons we can learn from this experience,” and admonishes employees to treat customers “with respect and dignity.”

But he gives no hint that the airline did anything wrong.

“While I deeply regret this situation arose, I also emphatically stand behind all of you, and I want to commend you for continuing to go above and beyond to ensure we fly safe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/united-airines-ceo-email-employees-us_us_58ec20e0e4b0c89f9120c8be?&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The%20Morning%20Email%20041117&utm_content=The%20Morning%20Email%20041117+CID_e5e 321906736f7cef781d3b0217bcb0b&utm_source=Email%20marketing%20software&utm_term=According%20to%20the%20United%20CEO&%20Morning%20Email%20041117

"left no choice", as if the Corporate-American "person" FORCED the goons to go SS on the doctor, so WITH NO FREE WILL, nobody, except the BLAMED victim, is responsible.

Corporate America the Beautiful. America is fucking corporatocracy fascist police state.

As Godwin knows well, Ms of Americans, ordered by their Corporate-American employer, would round up Americans and turn on nozzles for Zyklon B.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/robocop/images/2/2e/Ocp.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100730163941

hater
04-11-2017, 07:19 AM
Well they cant drag white americans out of a plane. They would need heavy equipment for that :lol

rmt
04-11-2017, 08:24 AM
Dude is gonna get a few hundred grand for this :lol

United should have offered more - even $2k x 4 would be peanuts compared to what this PR nightmare will cost (especially after the leggings incident).

unleashbaynes
04-11-2017, 08:50 AM
That dude is a little bitch.

CavsSuperFan
04-11-2017, 08:56 AM
There was a time when we treated middle age women with respect in this country. To hear that women scream as she is being brutally dragged down the aisle is disgusting!

pgardn
04-11-2017, 09:00 AM
"I am being forceably removed from this plane for no other reason than it is overbooked."

*scream translation*

CavsSuperFan
04-11-2017, 09:41 AM
"I am being forceably removed from this plane for no other reason than it is overbooked."

1- Why are airlines allowed to overbook?
2- News reports that the flight was not actually overbooked but that United wanted to make room for 4 United employees who wanted to hitch a ride.
3- United employees are saying that the stewardess was authorized to double the offer to 1600.00 to entice customers to give up their seat. The stewardess decided on her own to hold the bidding to $800.00
4- Why pick on a middle age Asian women. What happened to Men protecting women? A woman was much safer on the streets of Dodge City than an airplane seat on United Airlines. Disgusting! :ihit

hater
04-11-2017, 09:48 AM
Lol why is this called overbooked

Overbooked IMO is when there are too many passengers and they are able to fix this issue at the gate

What they really had is employees who wanted to be on the flight and they had to kick out some passenger for them thats not overbooked :lol

The asian victim will get at least a couple millions off this.

rmt
04-11-2017, 10:09 AM
Penny wise and pound foolish - United Airline stock down 4% today.

Trill Clinton
04-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Dr. Dao was no angel

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 10:55 AM
Dao's past doesn not justify being brutalized by United Airlines goons.

Same racist rightwingnutjob logic that says Freddy Grey deserved to have cops break his back and execute him because he had a record

or justifiably stand by while strangled Eric Garner gurgled to death because he was selling onesies.

MultiTroll
04-11-2017, 10:59 AM
Lol why is this called overbooked

Overbooked IMO is when there are too many passengers and they are able to fix this issue at the gate

What they really had is employees who wanted to be on the flight and they had to kick out some passenger for them thats not overbooked :lol

The asian victim will get at least a couple millions off this.

Trill Clinton
04-11-2017, 11:05 AM
There was a time when we treated middle age women with respect in this country. To hear that women scream as she is being brutally dragged down the aisle is disgusting!

Lol

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 11:10 AM
The Passenger Dragged Off a United Plane Is a Symptom of Airlines’ Ridiculous, Outdated Overbooking System

For an airline, every empty seat on a flight is an economic tragedy—an airline seat is a perishable item that can be sold only once. So over the years air carriers have become ruthless about increasing their load factor: switching to smaller planes, cutting capacity, and of course, routinely and strategically overbooking. Everybody knows that a certain percentage of people who make reservations—at hotels, restaurants, cruises, and flights—don’t show up for one reason or another. But they can still be monetized.

These efforts have worked. The load factor, which was at 79 percent in 2006, has hovered at around 83 percent for the past several years. (https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/press_releases/bts013_17)

The airlines want to optimize to the point that, whenever possible, 100 percent of every flight is full. And if that means building overbooking into the system, and having to compensate or induce people to get bumped to later flights, so be it. It’s worth the cost.

And as they deploy software and algorithms, airlines have improved their management of overbooking.

In 2000, the data shows, (https://www.rita.dot.gov/bts/sites/rita.dot.gov.bts/files/publications/national_transportation_statistics/html/table_01_64.html) 1.12 million people (or .2 percent of all travelers) were denied boarding, almost all of them voluntarily.

By 2010, the figure had dropped to about 746,000.

However, in 2015, after having fallen for four straight years, the number of bumps rose 15 percent to 552,000, of which 46,000 were involuntary.

We don’t have the numbers for 2016 and early 2017, but my guess would be that the incidence of bumping has risen—and that it is becoming harder and harder for airlines to convince people to get bumped.

So for lots of people sitting on planes today, there is simply no price at which it would make sense to get bumped, especially on sparsely traveled routes.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2017/04/10/united_punished_a_passenger_for_its_own_outdated_o verbooking_system.html

Spurminator
04-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Dr. Dao was no angel

Clickbait character assassination on a guy that didn't ask to be national news. Classy.

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Royal Jordanian Airlines is brilliantly trolling United over the passenger dragging scandal

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/CMiX-nOKEffBoD-2GDMtc9IvO4o=/0x0:1128x554/1320x880/filters:focal(378x123:558x303):format(webp)/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/54195175/Screen_Shot_2017_04_11_at_12.51.49_PM.0.png

https://twitter.com/RoyalJordanian/status/851526371327311873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.vox.com%2Fworld%2F2017%2F 4%2F11%2F15258814%2Froyal-jordanian-airlines-trolling-united-scandal-twitter

http://www.vox.com/world/2017/4/11/15258814/royal-jordanian-airlines-trolling-united-scandal-twitter

unleashbaynes
04-11-2017, 12:11 PM
Clickbait character assassination on a guy that didn't ask to be national news. Classy.

He knew what he was doing. He could have acted like an adult but chose to be dragged out kicking and screeching like a banshee. Like i said, what a fucking pussy.

Trill Clinton
04-11-2017, 12:12 PM

Yup. Straight out of the trayvon Martin playbook.

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 12:13 PM
https://twitter.com/RoyalJordanian/status/851782245606150144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheoldreader.com%2Fposts%2Fa ll

Spurminator
04-11-2017, 12:28 PM
He knew what he was doing. He could have acted like an adult but chose to be dragged out kicking and screeching like a banshee. Like i said, what a fucking pussy.

We can agree his reaction was over the top but not sure the punishment should be national shaming. Ultimately United is still in the wrong here, and his past isn't relevant to the incident.

spurraider21
04-11-2017, 01:56 PM
Yup. Straight out of the trayvon Martin playbook.had there been video of how the entire martin incident played out, the character stuff would have been much less impactful tbh

spurraider21
04-11-2017, 02:02 PM
what would have been the proper course of action for United to take under the circumstances? not talking about the whole system of overbooking, but in the particular incident at hand. ask a guy to leave, he says no. give up and ask somebody else? and if people can refuse to leave, what if everybody refuses?

not suggesting the level of force used here was appropriate. it wasn't. but realistically what is their course of action in general?

IceColdBrewski
04-11-2017, 02:07 PM
We can skip all the outrage and discussion about police brutality since all the officers involved were black, right?

hater
04-11-2017, 02:19 PM
what would have been the proper course of action for United to take under the circumstances? not talking about the whole system of overbooking, but in the particular incident at hand. ask a guy to leave, he says no. give up and ask somebody else? and if people can refuse to leave, what if everybody refuses?

not suggesting the level of force used here was appropriate. it wasn't. but realistically what is their course of action in general?

They could just find another flight for their employees

Its not like they were transporting a heart for an emergency transplant.

Let them wait for d next one. Its horrible customer service to kick ppl off a plane

Its like giving an O of merchandise to my customer just to take it away for my employee. Ppl get shot this way in my line of bizniz

Chris
04-11-2017, 02:23 PM

Yup he decided to act a fool and got what was coming to him imo

hater
04-11-2017, 02:24 PM

A million dollar check to settle the lawsuit?

hater
04-11-2017, 02:29 PM
The CEO just publicly apologized :lol

They lost 700 million in 1 day :lol

They got whats coming to them right?

Chris
04-11-2017, 02:33 PM
A million dollar check to settle the lawsuit?

Is that what he got? I'd be surprised if this doucher got anything besides a complimentary bowl of rice. He got so caught up in his lie about 'muh patients' that he regressed to an adolescent within seconds.

hater
04-11-2017, 02:36 PM
Is that what he got? I'd be surprised if this doucher got anything besides a complimentary bowl of rice. He got so caught up in his lie about 'muh patients' that he regressed to an adolescent within seconds.

If he has 2 braincells he will get a couple of million from the airline.

Pretty good per minute salary fro his performance IMO

Props to him

baseline bum
04-11-2017, 02:39 PM

At that point their course of action should have been bumping their employees to the next flight. I'm fine with overbooking since bumps are extremely rare, but this should have been handled at the gate before boarding. Then there is no way it could have gotten physical and people would be more inclined to take the voucher + flight a couple of hours later offer. It's a lot easier to sell people on taking that offer before they're sitting in their seats and ready to go.

baseline bum
04-11-2017, 02:48 PM
I'm fine with dude refusing the order too. It's on the airline to keep increasing the offer until people take them up on it.

Sportcamper
04-11-2017, 02:50 PM
They lost 700 million in 1 day :lol

All over a few hundred bucks. Up the buyout to $1500 and other passengers would have given up their seat. Now there is outrage in Asian communities throughout the world. Getting trolled by Jordanian airlines was awesome. Late night TV making phony United commercials. United share holders have got to be pissed. :lmao

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:00 PM

United should have kept upping the reward to leave until someone finally raised their hand.

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm fine with dude refusing the order too. It's on the airline to keep increasing the offer until people take them up on it.

Ditto

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:01 PM

A big fat paycheck

Mark Celibate
04-11-2017, 03:03 PM
Dr. Dao was no angel

So that gave them the right to beat him up and drag him off the plane?

Mark Celibate
04-11-2017, 03:05 PM
We can skip all the outrage and discussion about police brutality since all the officers involved were black, right?

Well there's still a lot of outrage over the police brutality but yeah, I would say it's a 7 on the national outrage scale compared to the 10 it would've been if it was white on black.

clambake
04-11-2017, 03:07 PM
thats why they picked a chink.

Reck
04-11-2017, 03:16 PM

Massive retard alert. :lol conservative hard liner way of thinking.

Retard.

spurraider21
04-11-2017, 03:27 PM
ah, i didnt realize it was for their employees. yeah, they should have just stuck them on the next flight instead of a passenger who already boarded

tlongII
04-11-2017, 03:36 PM

Offer more money. They had that option and failed to use it. If they raised the reward to say $1,600 I'm sure they would have had enough takers. Dumb move by the Airline.

Chucho
04-11-2017, 03:39 PM
So that gave them the right to beat him up and drag him off the plane?

Why not? If it's good for the Coloreds, it's good for the less-colored-but-still-colored-nonethelesses too, pal. Equal opportunity racism for all.

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:40 PM
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2013/09/20/business/Adco1/Adco1-master1050.jpg

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:42 PM
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2013/09/20/business/Adco2/Adco2-blog427.jpg

baseline bum
04-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Offer more money. They had that option and failed to use it. If they raised the reward to say $1,600 I'm sure they would have had enough takers. Dumb move by the Airline.

Or if they would have offered $800 in cash in addition to tickets to the next flight, instead of an $800 voucher plus tickets to the next flight.

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:44 PM
http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/58ecfb1be0dc5__700-png.jpg

IceColdBrewski
04-11-2017, 03:45 PM
Well there's still a lot of outrage over the police brutality but yeah, I would say it's a 7 on the national outrage scale compared to the 10 it would've been if it was white on black.

A 7? Outrage from the left over the police brutality aspect of this indecent has been practically nonexistent ever since they found out all the officers were black. Most of the heat has shifted to United Airlines and its CEO We're even starting to some lefties try to shift some blame to the passenger. But yeah, if those officers had been white, it would be a completely different narrative. Lefties would not only want them fired, but also prosecuted.

ElNono
04-11-2017, 03:48 PM

Reck
04-11-2017, 03:53 PM

I saw an even funnier one.

https://racing-forums.com/attachments/img_0768-jpg.26071/

:lmao

CavsSuperFan
04-11-2017, 03:58 PM
Oh Snap! Yahoo is reporting that the passenger is 69 years old. That is assault on a senior citizen. $$$$$ Bloody images appearing on the web…Bad Bad day for United Airlines…

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 04:06 PM

they should keep auctioning off the seats, people being ALREADY FUCKING seated, until 4 people accept their bids.

If the airline can't buy 4 seats, then fuck 'em.

If they had to get 4 employees on that plane, then reserve fucking seats like all us cows do.

And start the fucking bump process in the gate boarding area, not after the cows are in the cattle car.

United showed how fucking little they value their customers.

Just your typical BigCorp selling the shittiest possible product for the highest possible price.

Reck
04-11-2017, 04:13 PM
Losers are already in the hole minus a billion dollars. And all for being cheapskate and not wanting to fork out 800 dollars cash.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 04:15 PM
United is run by retards. Why wouldn't they just keep upping the ante to get people to volunteer to leave the plane? It would have been way cheaper in the long run than this PR disaster.

TSA
04-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Times are changing. 10 years ago people had the luxury of being dragged off planes without the world knowing they traded illegal opiate prescriptions for butt sex.

Chris
04-11-2017, 04:43 PM
This guy put on a big show and a lot of you bought his victim act hook, line, and sinker.

"Please kill me, please kill me..." give me a break :lmao

Spurminator
04-11-2017, 05:27 PM
I definitely see this resulting in airlines having to continually bid up for volunteers to leave overbooked flights. Not really a terrible thing for customers, but I don't think even competing airlines are exactly thrilled with this incident.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 05:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9F1r0kV0AEQQlI.jpg

Spurminator
04-11-2017, 05:32 PM
American Airlines:
Hold My Beer

Kim Jong-il
04-11-2017, 05:57 PM
United is run by retards. Why wouldn't they just keep upping the ante to get people to volunteer to leave the plane? It would have been way cheaper in the long run than this PR disaster.
I read that the employees were authorized to increase it, but chose not to for whatever retarded reason.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 06:13 PM
I definitely see this resulting in airlines having to continually bid up for volunteers to leave overbooked flights. Not really a terrible thing for customers, but I don't think even competing airlines are exactly thrilled with this incident.

There is actually a fucking Federal law that limits what the airlines have to/can offer if they throw someone off. It's like $1200.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 06:22 PM
This guy put on a big show and a lot of you bought his victim act hook, line, and sinker.

"Please kill me, please kill me..." give me a break :lmao
Of course he was milking it. He's a doctor, so he's not stupid. He knew every pig squeal would just add to the $$$$ he's getting in court. Doesn't make it any less retarded for security to drag him off the plane instead of sweetening the pot.

Chris
04-11-2017, 06:55 PM
Of course he was milking it. He's a doctor, so he's not stupid. He knew every pig squeal would just add to the $$$$ he's getting in court. Doesn't make it any less retarded for security to drag him off the plane instead of sweetening the pot.

Both sides went full retard that's for sure.

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 07:01 PM
Both sides went full retard that's for sure.
How did the doctor go full retard? He's about to get paid, big league.

Chris
04-11-2017, 07:07 PM

You're giving him a lot of credit saying that in the heat of the moment he knew this was going to get national exposure and that he knew for a fact that he was going to "get paid" for putting on a show.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 07:22 PM

nope.

Laws pretty clear on it. They were within their right to do it, just terrible PR.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 07:25 PM
Not that it really matters in this case but the dude supposedly lost his DR license for trading scrips for sex.

hater
04-11-2017, 07:27 PM
nope.

Laws pretty clear on it. They were within their right to do it, just terrible PR.

:lmao you forget we live in the US of A

Ppl have gotten millions for way less. The airline is fucked and would just settle just to make this go away :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 08:04 PM
:lmao you forget we live in the US of A

Ppl have gotten millions for way less. The airline is fucked and would just settle just to make this go away :lol

You forget Airlines are kind of like Baseball...they operate under their own federal rules.

Guess who wrote the rules?

The Airlines.

resistanze
04-11-2017, 08:40 PM
I'm confused....why were passengers already boarded?...Anytime I've flown they started giving the vouchers while at the gate.

hater
04-11-2017, 08:49 PM
You forget Airlines are kind of like Baseball...they operate under their own federal rules.

Guess who wrote the rules?

The Airlines.

People have won lawsuits vs airlines

Most law experts are saying United was already scared of lawsuit thus why they made such a lukewarm apology. Thats coming to bute them in the ass so now they will settle at first chance. No way they would fight it

hater
04-11-2017, 08:50 PM
I'm confused....why were passengers already boarded?...Anytime I've flown they started giving the vouchers while at the gate.

Its called horrific management and customer service

Reck
04-11-2017, 08:57 PM
nope.

You really are a stupid fuck, aren't you?

pgardn
04-11-2017, 09:09 PM
The power of cell phone video.

Imagine just reading about this in some obscure news.
And people wonder why Donald might have had his head turned by pictures and video of gassed children...
Vietnam baby, once the cameras got rolling and the middle class was drafted. Pictures are worth what?

Mark Celibate
04-11-2017, 09:47 PM

It wasn't overbooking, it was the fact that they got caught with their pants down and realized at the last second that they needed to get their own employees to the next destination ASAP.

In short, they were idiots.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 10:11 PM

you are too stupid to even realize you are stupid.

Do your research. Your arrogant ignorance is appalling.

Airlines run mainly under federal law. They can kick anyone off their airplane they want.

They were stupid to do it the way they did it but all its gonna cost them is bad PR.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 10:17 PM
From the US DOT website:

nvoluntary Bumping

DOT requires each airline to give all passengers who are bumped involuntarily a written statement describing their rights and explaining how the carrier decides who gets on an oversold flight and who doesn't. Those travelers who don't get to fly are frequently entitled to denied boarding compensation in the form of a check or cash. The amount depends on the price of their ticket and the length of the delay:

If you are bumped involuntarily and the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to get you to your final destination (including later connections) within one hour of your original scheduled arrival time, there is no compensation.
If the airline arranges substitute transportation that is scheduled to arrive at your destination between one and two hours after your original arrival time (between one and four hours on international flights), the airline must pay you an amount equal to 200% of your one-way fare to your final destination that day, with a $675 maximum.
If the substitute transportation is scheduled to get you to your destination more than two hours later (four hours internationally), or if the airline does not make any substitute travel arrangements for you, the compensation doubles (400% of your one-way fare, $1350 maximum).
If your ticket does not show a fare (for example, a frequent-flyer award ticket or a ticket issued by a consolidator), your denied boarding compensation is based on the lowest cash, check or credit card payment charged for a ticket in the same class of service (e.g., coach, first class) on that flight.
You always get to keep your original ticket and use it on another flight. If you choose to make your own arrangements, you can request an "involuntary refund" for the ticket for the flight you were bumped from. The denied boarding compensation is essentially a payment for your inconvenience.
If you paid for optional services on your original flight (e.g., seat selection, checked baggage) and you did not receive those services on your substitute flight or were required to pay a second time, the airline that bumped you must refund those payments to you.

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 10:17 PM
United's staff fucked up, called the goons to brutalize a paid up, seated passenger.

Fucking America is fucking and unfuckable. Nobody even questions the cops brutalizing, injuring, knocking out a non-threatening American citizen.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Airlines set their own "boarding priorities" -- the order in which they will bump different categories of passengers in an oversale situation. When a flight is oversold and there are not enough volunteers, some airlines bump passengers with the lowest fares first. Others bump the last passengers to check in. Once you have purchased your ticket, the most effective way to reduce the risk of being bumped is to get to the airport early. For passengers in the same fare class the last passengers to check in are usually the first to be bumped, even if they have met the check-in deadline. Allow extra time; assume that the roads are backed up, the parking lot is full, and there is a long line at the check-in counter.

Airlines may offer free tickets or dollar-amount vouchers for future flights in place of a check for denied boarding compensation. However, if you are bumped involuntarily you have the right to insist on a check if that is your preference. Once you cash the check (or accept the free flight), you will probably lose the ability to pursue more money from the airline later on. However, if being bumped costs you more money than the airline will pay you at the airport, you can try to negotiate a higher settlement with their complaint department. If this doesn't work, you usually have 30 days from the date on the check to decide if you want to accept the amount of the check. You are always free to decline the check (e.g., not cash it) and take the airline to court to try to obtain more compensation. DOT's denied boarding regulation spells out the airlines' minimum obligation to people they bump involuntarily. Finally, don't be a "no-show." If you are holding confirmed reservations you don't plan to use, notify the airline. If you don't, they will cancel all onward or return reservations on your trip.

boutons_deux
04-11-2017, 10:20 PM
Fuck the airlines and their fucking fascist fucking fuck-the-client rules

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 10:21 PM

So, yeah snowflake, the airlines can bump anybody the fuck they want to bump as long as they follow the USDOT rules.

TSA
04-11-2017, 10:24 PM
Nobody even questions the cops brutalizing, injuring, knocking out a non-threatening American citizen.I wonder why

Clipper Nation
04-11-2017, 10:25 PM
United's staff fucked up, called the goons to brutalize a paid up, seated passenger.

Fucking America is fucking and unfuckable. Nobody even questions the cops brutalizing, injuring, knocking out a non-threatening American citizen.

United is in the midst of a historic PR disaster, their stock prices are dropping, and it's been headline news all week. But don't let reality get in the way of your "REEEEEE!!! 'MURICA SUCKS!!!" rhetoric.

hater
04-11-2017, 10:27 PM
So, yeah snowflake, the airlines can bump anybody the fuck they want to bump as long as they follow the USDOT rules.

Its not about bumping them Einstein

Its about sending them to the ER and plublicly shaming them

Nigas get millions for way less :lol

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 10:28 PM
United is in the midst of a historic PR disaster, their stock prices are dropping, and it's been headline news all week. But don't let reality get in the way of your "REEEEEE!!! 'MURICA SUCKS!!!" rhetoric.

Probably a good time to buy United stock. People will forget about it after the next couple of youtube videos on something else that outrage Reck and Boutons.

Chris
04-11-2017, 10:31 PM

you are too stupid to even realize you are stupid.

Do your research. Your arrogant ignorance is appalling

He along with the Left fits your description perfectly. They have to be spoonfed information with the proper spin and narrative otherwise they lose their interest quickly similar to a prepubescent suffering from ADHD. Hence the shitty misinformed opinions and mud slinging- it's all they know.

CosmicCowboy
04-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Its not about bumping them Einstein

Its about sending them to the ER and plublicly shaming them

Nigas get millions for way less :lol

Suit yourself. The law is crystal clear. They were within their legal right to bump him as long as they compensated him per USDOT rules.

They handled it stupidly and it's terrible PR. I won;t argue that point at all.

Chris
04-11-2017, 10:32 PM

Fucking normies get off my stream! Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ElNono
04-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Suit yourself. The law is crystal clear. They were within their legal right to bump him as long as they compensated him per USDOT rules.

This is going to be a civil case (where the bar is way lower than a criminal case), with plenty of video evidence and photos of the dude being dragged and bleeding.

It doesn't matter whether the airline was within it's rights, they don't have a right to beat you out of your seat.

So it's going to be the airline (because they called the cops) and the cops themselves getting sued, and settling this shit in record time.

Reck
04-11-2017, 10:51 PM
LMAO cosmicgaylord went on an epic meltdown. :lol quoting my post twice.

:lol itchy.
:lol raving mad

ElNono
04-11-2017, 10:52 PM
Didn't they put the cop that dragged the dude on leave already?

Spurminator
04-11-2017, 10:56 PM
"No one's talking about the cops" is a dumb-vs-dumber argument between cop haters ("police brutality!") and racists ("cuz he's black!") based on the false premise that no one has criticized the cop's actions.

Mark Celibate
04-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Probably a good time to buy United stock. People will forget about it after the next couple of youtube videos on something else that outrage Reck and Boutons.

That's a good point since that pretty much sums up how the masses react to news in general.

Outrage about it for a few days, and then forget about it two weeks later.

ElNono
04-11-2017, 10:58 PM
:lol On top of everything, this is a senior and asian... and happened in Philadelphia... good luck finding a jury that won't hand over a trillion dollars for battery, assault...

United gonna write a check and move on... they have to.

Spurminator
04-11-2017, 11:00 PM
That's a good point since that pretty much sums up how the masses react to news in general.

Outrage about it for a few days, and then forget about it two weeks later.

Until earnings come out. Also expect another dip when news of the settlement hits.

pgardn
04-11-2017, 11:39 PM
I'd rather not go through any of that crap.
Keep your money.

"Oh cool. You were the guy freakn and then drug down an aisle of passengers. Lets have a beer on you"

ElNono
04-11-2017, 11:44 PM
I don't even care how much the dude gets... flying has turned into such a shit-show, tbh...

between the security lines, the $20 burgers and $8 bottle of water inside the walled gardens in the terminals and the airlines constant nickel and diming, what used to be an enjoyable 2 hour flight is now a cramped-up 5 hour ordeal...

love to see this shit getting to a boiling point, especially from customers...

pgardn
04-11-2017, 11:56 PM
I don't even care how much the dude gets... flying has turned into such a shit-show, tbh...

between the security lines, the $20 burgers and $8 bottle of water inside the walled gardens in the terminals and the airlines constant nickel and diming, what used to be an enjoyable 2 hour flight is now a cramped-up 5 hour ordeal...

The carry-on has become ludicrous.
People head butting their "small" suitcase into a tiny overhead bin. Then can't pry it out and everyone sits waiting.
Or they have 1 bag in front and one in back... I make sure I can get my stuff under the seat in front.

Im quittin work.
Nah.

spurraider21
04-12-2017, 12:35 AM

They handled it stupidly and it's terrible PR. I won;t argue that point at all.:lol a restaurant can have the right to refuse service. doesn't mean they can beat and drag a guy out of the restaurant

ElNono
04-12-2017, 12:55 AM
:lol a restaurant can have the right to refuse service. doesn't mean they can beat and drag a guy out of the restaurant

there's certainly a point to be made that airline contracts are extremely one-sided, tbh... but a case with this kind of notoriety and public outrage, it would be even difficult to come up with a relatively impartial jury, IMO

Wild Cobra
04-12-2017, 02:24 AM
http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/robocop/images/2/2e/Ocp.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20100730163941

Can't resist:

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x262/Wild_Cobra/Politics/OCP-1.jpg

Wild Cobra
04-12-2017, 02:26 AM
We can agree his reaction was over the top but not sure the punishment should be national shaming. Ultimately United is still in the wrong here, and his past isn't relevant to the incident.

I suspect they lost a lot of business with travelers now afraid it can happen to them.

Wild Cobra
04-12-2017, 02:28 AM
Oh Snap! Yahoo is reporting that the passenger is 69 years old. That is assault on a senior citizen. $$$$$ Bloody images appearing on the web…Bad Bad day for United Airlines…

Could you imagine the lawsuit if he had a heart attack?

Wild Cobra
04-12-2017, 02:33 AM
From the US DOT website:

Difference I see is they were already "boarded."

UNT Eagles 2016
04-12-2017, 02:44 AM

Southwest is one of the best for true American.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-12-2017, 02:45 AM

thank you 9/11 for that

Blake
04-12-2017, 09:03 AM

Rofl. Yeah you go buy up that United stock

Blake
04-12-2017, 09:05 AM

how much do you think he gets from the airlines here.

Put a number on it.

boutons_deux
04-12-2017, 09:28 AM
United promised regulators that ticketed passengers are guaranteed seats

Less than three years before a passenger was forcibly removed from one of its aircrafts, United Airlines assured federal regulators that all ticketed passengers are guaranteed seats on flights. The promise was delivered in federal filings reviewed by International Business Times.

“Including advance-seat-assignment charges among the ‘basic ancillary service’ fees that must be disclosed as part of initial fare displays makes no sense,” the airline wrote to the Department of Transportation. “Every ticket, of course, guarantees a passenger a seat on the plane, with no additional mandatory seat-assignment charges."

Later in the filing, United Airlines expanded on its promise to regulators that it guarantees every ticketed passenger a seat.

“Importantly,

every passenger who buys a ticket on a United flight or a flight on any of United’s partners or competitors in the United States will be assigned a seat at no additional charge

(though in some cases this will still happen at the gate),” the airline wrote.

“Therefore, the rule does not need to prescribe how carriers must disclose charges concerning advance seat assignments because passengers need not purchase this service to receive a seat assignment.”

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/united-promised-regulators-that-ticketed-passengers-are-guaranteed-seats/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

hater
04-12-2017, 09:29 AM
thank you 9/11 for that

Many other countries had their 9/11 and are not near a shitty flying experience

This has a lot to do with the economic depression and the airlines suffering like little bitches and the stockholdres allowing their CeOs to take it out on the customers and the government allowing this

Too big to fail :cry

boutons_deux
04-12-2017, 09:33 AM
United Passenger “Removal”: A Reporting and Management Fail (http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2017/04/united-passenger-removal-reporting-management-fail.html)

what happened in this case does NOT happen all the time, and that has legal implications.

Lawyer here.

This myth that passengers don’t have rights needs to go away, ASAP. You are dead wrong when saying that United legally kicked him off the plane.

First of all, it’s airline spin to call this an overbooking. The statutory provision granting them the ability to deny boarding is about “OVERSALES”, specifically defines as booking more reserved confirmed seats than there are available.

This is not what happened. They did not overbook the flight; they had a fully booked flight, and not only did everyone already have a reserved confirmed seat, they were all sitting in them.

The law allowing them to denying boarding in the event of an oversale does not apply.

Even if it did apply, the law is unambiguously clear that

airlines have to give preference to everyone with reserved confirmed seats when choosing to involuntarily deny boarding.

They have to always choose the solution that will affect the least amount of reserved confirmed seats. This rule is straightforward, and

United makes very clear in their own contract of carriage that employees of their own or of other carriers may be denied boarding without compensation because they do not have reserved confirmed seats.

On its face, it’s clear that what they did was illegal– they gave preference to their employees over people who had reserved confirmed seats, in violation of 14 CFR 250.2a.

Furthermore, even if you try and twist this into a legal application of 250.2a and say that United had the right to deny him boarding in the event of an overbooking;

they did NOT have the right to kick him off the plane.

Their contract of carriage highlights there is a complete difference in rights after you’ve boarded and sat on the plane,

and Rule 21 goes over the specific scenarios where you could get kicked off. NONE of them apply here. He did absolutely nothing wrong and shouldn’t have been targeted.

He’s going to leave with a hefty settlement after this fiasco.

§ 250.2a Policy regarding denied boarding.

In the event of an oversold flight, every carrier (https://www.law.cornell.edu/definitions/index.php?width=840&height=800&iframe=true&def_id=07484bf83941ae23d154372db36c5724&term_occur=1&term_src=Title:14:Chapter:II:Subchapter:A:Part:250 :250.2a) shall ensure that the smallest practicable number of persons holding confirmed reserved space (https://www.law.cornell.edu/definitions/index.php?width=840&height=800&iframe=true&def_id=6c742050b195b869ca941aa09eb59560&term_occur=1&term_src=Title:14:Chapter:II:Subchapter:A:Part:250 :250.2a) on that flight are denied boarding involuntarily.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/united-promised-regulators-that-ticketed-passengers-are-guaranteed-seats/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

Blake
04-12-2017, 09:37 AM
But CosmicCowboy said nope.

boutons_deux
04-12-2017, 09:39 AM
But CosmicCowboy said nope.

CosmicParasite has plenty of money he tells us, so that means he's fucking fascist, racist, authoritarian, pro-Business-at-all-costs rightwing ASSHOLE

Clipper Nation
04-12-2017, 09:58 AM
CosmicParasite has plenty of money he tells us, so that means he's fucking fascist, racist, authoritarian, pro-Business-at-all-costs rightwing ASSHOLE
Wew lad. Imagine being such a failure in life that you start viewing anyone with money as "racist," "authoritarian," a "parasite" and an "asshole" by default. You can just see the jealousy seeping from every word.

Well, except for guys like Soros, Steyer, Buffett, Bloomberg, Omidyar and Zuckerberg. Those rich guys are conveniently okay with Boutards.

Sportcamper
04-12-2017, 11:42 AM
United is getting "Crushed" in China…So glad that I do not own any airline stocks…

boutons_deux
04-12-2017, 03:06 PM
Fear of Flying, for Good Reason

Flying was once an adventure, more than just a way to get from here to there. But over the years, it has become something to dread. You wait in endless lines for the chance to be poked, patted, X-rayed, interrogated, generally insulted and, in the final indignity, separated by class as you, at last, board.

United’s mistreatment of the doctor was extreme, but inconveniencing customers is now standard airline operating procedure. This is an oligopolistic industry that has become increasingly callous toward customers as it rakes in billions in profits thanks to strong demand and low oil prices. In recent years, big airlines have squeezed seats in coach closer together, forcing average-size Americans to become intimately familiar with their knees. In addition to checked-bag fees, which have been standard on many airlines for years, more passengers are being required to pay extra (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/23/business/basic-economy-airline-service-can-pinch-business-travelers.html)for early boarding, more legroom and, in a recent insult, the right to stash bags in overhead bins.

There is no mystery why air travel has gotten so ugly. Four large airlines — American, Southwest, Delta and United — commanded nearly 69 percent (https://www.transtats.bts.gov/) of the domestic air-travel market in 2016, up from about 60 percent in 2012 (https://people.hofstra.edu/geotrans/eng/ch3en/conc3en/airlinemarketshare.html), according to government data. Those numbers actually overstate how much competition there is. Many people have only one or two options when they fly because the big airlines have established virtual fortresses at their hub airports. United, American Airlines and three regional airlines affiliated with them served nearly 80 percent (https://www.transtats.bts.gov/airports.asp?pn=1) of passengers at O’Hare last year.

airline executives know their bottom lines are for the moment secure. It was not surprising that none of the Big Four made a list of the 10 best airlines in the world that TripAdvisor published on Monday (https://tripadvisor.mediaroom.com/2017-04-10-TripAdvisor-Names-The-Best-Airlines-In-The-World) based on passenger reviews.

Much of the blame for the increased industry consolidation rests with antitrust officials in the Obama and Bush administrations who greenlighted a series of megamergers between airlines like

American and US Airways;

United and Continental; and

Delta and Northwest.

In addition, the Department of Transportation has historically been reluctant to regulate the industries it oversees — an unwillingness that persists in the Trump administration.

Just last month, the secretary of transportation, Elaine Chao, put on hold (https://skift.com/2017/03/03/trump-administration-backs-airlines-in-rollback-of-proposed-bag-fee-disclosures/) a much-needed Obama-era proposal (https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2017-01-19/pdf/2017-00904.pdf) to require airlines to more clearly disclose extra fees for things like baggage. She delayed for a year another rule (https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/flights/todayinthesky/2017/03/20/dot-postpones-airline-reports-bags-wheelchairs/99407866/) to require companies to disclose information about the mishandling of wheelchairs and motorized scooters for disabled passengers.

As long as the big airlines face neither rigorous competition nor a diligent government watchdog, they will be able to treat customers like chattel and get away with it.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/04/11/opinion/fear-of-flying-for-good-reason.html

No regulation, no competition, quasi-local monopolies, "free market" fucks customers every time.

Clipper Nation
04-12-2017, 03:08 PM
If it was never deregulated, air travel would still be a luxury reserved for the ultra-rich and Boutards would be crying about that instead.

Blake
04-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Yeah I hate flying too. Especially in coach.

Blake
04-12-2017, 03:09 PM
If it was never deregulated, air travel would still be a luxury reserved for the ultra-rich and Boutards would be crying about that instead.

Wut. The ultra rich have their own planes.

hater
04-12-2017, 03:47 PM

Because only rich people fly in regulated countries in Europe and Asia??

hater
04-12-2017, 03:48 PM
Wut. The ultra rich have their own planes.

:lmao pretty much

:lol thinking the rich would fly inthe same bird as the stinky dirty midle class and poor lol

Clipper Nation
04-12-2017, 04:49 PM
The middle class and the poor wouldn't be flying on any airplane at all before deregulation. There was a time when as much as 80% of the American public had never been on an airplane in their lives.

Between 1978 (when the airlines were finally deregulated) and 2013, airfare decreased by 50% and so did real cost per mile:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/02/how-airline-ticket-prices-fell-50-in-30-years-and-why-nobody-noticed/273506/

Deregulation is what made air travel affordable and accessible to the average Joe. It's a fact, and facts don't care about your feelings.

ElNono
04-12-2017, 09:37 PM
^ Interesting. The Atlantic itself making a counterpoint 3 years later though:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/03/why-is-flying-still-expensive-even-though-fuels-gotten-so-cheap/472359/

pgardn
04-12-2017, 09:57 PM
The middle class and the poor wouldn't be flying on any airplane at all before deregulation. There was a time when as much as 80% of the American public had never been on an airplane in their lives.

Between 1978 (when the airlines were finally deregulated) and 2013, airfare decreased by 50% and so did real cost per mile:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2013/02/how-airline-ticket-prices-fell-50-in-30-years-and-why-nobody-noticed/273506/

Deregulation is what made air travel affordable and accessible to the average Joe. It's a fact, and facts don't care about your feelings.

Just because the average Joe buys it does not mean he can afford it.

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 01:11 AM

Deregulation is what made air travel affordable and accessible to the average Joe. It's a fact, and facts don't care about your feelings.:lol ben shapiro

AaronY
04-13-2017, 02:49 AM
Ben Shapiro's videos on global warming show that he very much lets feelings dictate his facts lol

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 04:20 AM
Ben Shapiro's videos on global warming show that he very much lets feelings dictate his facts loli actually think he's quite intelligent... i listen to his podcast on a semi-regular basis. he's a conservative commentator who is willing to criticize conservatives (though every time he does, he gets this itch and has to say "but the democrats do it too"). i still give him credit for that

but when he's doing his lectures/tv appearances/arguments... he makes great efforts to be deceptive/dishonest but get away with it by talking so fast you forgot what he said 15 seconds ago. he's very much driven by his religious worldview, and confirmation bias is always a thing with politically charged characters

still, i had to lol at cn for dropping the "facts don't care about your feelings" line

boutons_deux
04-13-2017, 10:58 AM
Lawyer For David Dao, Dragged United Passenger, Says ‘Airlines Have Bullied Us’

a lawsuit from Dao was “likely.”

“Here’s the law, real simple: If you’re going to eject a passenger, under no circumstances can it be done with unreasonable force or violence,” Thomas Demetrio said during a press conference. “That’s the law.”

“I’m a physician and I have to work tomorrow at 8 o’clock,” Dao can be seen politely telling Chicago airport security officers in the footage.

Dao lost two front teeth and

sustained a concussion and

a broken nose.

He will need to have reconstructive surgery, his lawyer said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/united-passenger-david-dao-lawyer_us_58ef8daee4b0b9e98489f02b?

Just another example demonstrating sadistic sickos are attracted to law enforcement and prisons.

ElNono
04-27-2017, 05:58 PM
United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ual-passenger-idUSKBN17T2WM

:greedy:greedy:greedy

ElNono
04-27-2017, 06:05 PM
There is actually a fucking Federal law that limits what the airlines have to/can offer if they throw someone off. It's like $1200.

Apparently that's bullshit too, United just upped the limit to U$S 10,000...

Reck
04-27-2017, 06:12 PM
Apparently that's bullshit too, United just upped the limit to U$S 10,000...

Probably because they cant seem to get out of the bad news collum.

That CEO needs to step down. He's completely oblivious.

apalisoc_9
04-27-2017, 06:50 PM
United Airlines reaches settlement with passenger dragged from plane

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ual-passenger-idUSKBN17T2WM

:greedy:greedy:greedy

Damn...no figures.

I wonder if it reached the million mark..

pgardn
04-27-2017, 06:54 PM
Damn...no figures.

Hauled off like Canadian soft wood...

ElNono
04-27-2017, 07:52 PM
Damn...no figures.

When even the lawyer seems happy, you know it's a hefty payday...

spurraider21
04-28-2017, 01:00 AM

nope.

:lol

SnakeBoy
04-28-2017, 12:06 PM
Damn...no figures.

I'm sure it did, plural would be my guess. No way United wanted to a jury of airline passengers to decide their punishment and I don't think the guy would have settled so quickly if it wasn't an offer he couldn't refuse.

boutons_deux
06-14-2017, 11:56 AM
United apologizes after video shows employee pushing 71-year-old passenger to floor

there's a clear video

“The actions shown here do not reflect our core values or our commitment to treat all of our customers with respect and dignity,” :lol :lol :lol :lol

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/06/14/united-apologizes-after-video-shows-employee-pushing-71-year-old-passenger-to-floor/?utm_term=.17cddcddffbf&wpisrc=nl_most-draw7&wpmm=1

boutons_deux
07-05-2017, 10:15 PM
Mom feared beating by United employees — so she gave up toddler son’s $1,000 seat to standby passenger

United Airlines has formally apologized to a Hawaii middle school teacher after it forced her to hold her 27-month-old son on her lap for over three hours because it had given away his seat to a standby passenger.

Hawaii News Now reports (http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/35811846/hawaii-teacher-forced-to-hold-son-on-lap-after-united-gives-purchased-seat-to-standby-passenger) that Shirley Yamauchi last month had just boarded a flight from Houston to Boston to attend a teachers’ conference when a standby passenger arrived behind her and informed her that he had been given the seat that was supposed to go to her 2-year-old son

Yamamuchi tried in vain to get the flight attendant to help her resolve this problem, but the attendant told her the flight was full and simply walked away — thus forcing her to hold her young son in her lap for the duration of the flight.

United has now issued a formal apology to the woman, who paid $1,000 to secure her son’s ticket three months ago.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/mom-feared-beating-by-united-employees-so-she-gave-up-toddler-sons-1000-seat-to-standby-passenger/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

Blake
07-07-2017, 09:57 AM
Damn united is full of fucking morons.

I'd like to see the training video

boutons_deux
07-26-2017, 10:02 PM
United Airlines sued by owners of giant rabbit found dead after flight

http://2d0yaz2jiom3c6vy7e7e5svk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Giant-rabbit-Shutterstock.png

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/united-airlines-sued-by-owners-of-giant-rabbit-found-dead-after-flight/

boutons_deux
05-30-2019, 12:35 PM
SEMPER ... FIDO :lol

Passenger Sues Delta And Pet Owner After Emotional Support Dog Attacked Him

Marlin Jackson said he had to get 28 stitches after a fellow passenger’s dog lunged for his face.

accusing the airline and

the dog owner, a U.S. Marine,

of negligence and demanding an unspecified amount of damages.

He needed 28 stitches for lacerations that left permanent scars and loss of sensation in areas of his face.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/passenger-sues-delta-and-pet-owner-after-emotional-support-dog-attacks-him_n_5cef221de4b00cfa1965cbc0?ncid=newsltushpmgne ws__TheMorningEmail__053019&guccounter=1 (https://www.huffpost.com/entry/passenger-sues-delta-and-pet-owner-after-emotional-support-dog-attacks-him_n_5cef221de4b00cfa1965cbc0?ncid=newsltushpmgne ws__TheMorningEmail__053019&guccounter=1)

Permanently scarred face, emotional distress, damage?

Should be good for some $Ms

boutons_deux
09-13-2019, 07:22 PM
United Airlines Kicks Retired Professors Off Late-Night Flight

Dr. M. G. Wientjes and another passenger were issued boarding passes with duplicate seat assignments.

While trying to sort out the mess,

the couple says a flight attendant dropped Wientjes’ boarding pass several rows back,

then denied they had ever given it to her.

Although the pass was ultimately returned to the Wientjes,

they say by that time the situation had become confrontational,

with the flight attendant screaming “You’re coming out.”

an agent had arrived to assist the flight attendant, and the other person assigned the same seat had been seated elsewhere.

When another passenger handed them the dropped boarding pass, the Wientjes say, they tried to get the attention of the flight attendant. They were ignored.

“The flight attendant and gate agent both yelled at us.

We were traumatized.

You could hear them screaming throughout the plane.

“Don’t touch me! You are coming out! I’m going to kick you off the plane.”

Wientjes says the flight attendant, the ground personnel and even the pilot were “menacing and unpleasant.”

the pilot went on the intercom. He said there was a “situation” :lol

on the aircraft and all the passengers would have to deplane.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelgoldstein/2019/09/12/united-airlines-kicks-elderly-couple-off-late-night-flight/#251605956639 (https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelgoldstein/2019/09/12/united-airlines-kicks-elderly-couple-off-late-night-flight/#251605956639)