Nbadan
10-13-2005, 04:11 AM
From Keith Olbermann..

Main Entry: es·cha·tol·o·gy
Pronunciation: "es-k&-'tä-l&-jE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -gies
Etymology: Greek eschatos last, farthest
1 : a branch of theology concerned with the final events in the history of the world or of mankind
2 : a belief concerning death, the end of the world, or the ultimate destiny of mankind; specifically : any of various Christian doctrines concerning the Second Coming, the resurrection of the dead, or the Last Judgment

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?book=Dictionary&v...

Main Entry: sca·tol·o·gy
Pronunciation: ska-'tä-l&-jE, sk&-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek skat-, skOr excrement; akin to Old English scearn dung, Latin muscerdae mouse droppings
1 : interest in or treatment of obscene matters especially in literature
2 : the biologically oriented study of excrement (as for taxonomic purposes or for the determination of diet)
- scat·o·log·i·cal /"ska-t&l-'ä-ji-k&l/ adjective

So no more public "scatology" (eschatology) was Bush acknowledging to Miers that he can't talk about his real religious beliefs in his public addresses, especially those concerning the end of the world that he believes he's presiding over (creating).

Leave it to Bush to turn his and Miers religious beliefs into something about shit and obscenity. Of course that's how I feel about the religious right anyway so I kinda prefer the "Bushism" form.

jochhejaam
10-13-2005, 05:31 AM
From Keith Olbermann..

So no more public "scatology" (eschatology) was Bush acknowledging to Miers that he can't talk about his real religious beliefs in his public addresses, especially those concerning the end of the world that he believes he's presiding over (creating).

Leave it to Bush to turn his and Miers religious beliefs into something about shit and obscenity. Of course that's how I feel about the religious right anyway so I kinda prefer the "Bushism" form.

Dan, would you care to expound on your feelings about the religious right and why you feel they are "shit". Do you lump Bush into the "religious right" category? Would you lump all who voted for Bush and consider themselves Christians into the "religious right/shit" category?

j-6
10-13-2005, 07:24 AM