PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts re: Pineapple on pizza

InRareForm
04-11-2017, 02:15 PM
Some people say no to this but I like it with a few exceptions.

I think it's amazing when you put it with jalapeņos especially. If it's not with anything salty and by itself, it's a terrible idea however.

clambake
04-11-2017, 02:33 PM
get in here tsa.

he will expand on this.

Chris
04-11-2017, 02:37 PM
Pineapple and ham go together like pb and j. I like that Hawaiian from Little Sleezers imo

DJR210
04-11-2017, 03:07 PM
Hawaiian pizza is the shit

baseline bum
04-11-2017, 03:16 PM
Yeah pineapple and jalapenos are great together on pizza. I had a Mexican friend introduce me to it and it sounded horrible and looked like shit, but when I tried it the shit really worked.

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:20 PM
I don't like Canadian bacon/ham on pizza but I love pineapple.

It's good with jalapeņo for sure

Reck
04-11-2017, 03:25 PM
I used to like it but grew out of it. Probably because Dominos fucked up the way they did it 10+ years back.

I remember back in the day when they made actual, good genuine pizzas.

DJR210
04-11-2017, 03:29 PM
I used to like it but grew out of it. Probably because Dominos fucked up the way they did it 10+ years back.

I remember back in the day when they made actual, good genuine pizzas.

Their stuffed cheesy bread is about the only thing worth ordering there IMO

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:38 PM
Domino's has been disgusting lately.

I've gone with Pizza Hut, ask for well done pizza cooked extra time and you will be glad you did.

Chucho
04-11-2017, 03:42 PM

I've gone with Pizza Hut, ask for well done pizza cooked extra time and you will be glad you did.

Pizza Hut's thin crust and white sauce with whatever on it is just delish. No need to over cook, it's just about as good as Pizza Hut pizza can get.

There is this one joint locally called GoldDust Pizza...holy fuck is it ever deeecent.

DJR210
04-11-2017, 03:44 PM
BJ's Brewhouse deep dish paired pretty good with their house brewed IPA

Xevious
04-11-2017, 03:45 PM
I love pineapples but I don't care for anything that sweet on a pizza.

Blake
04-11-2017, 03:56 PM
Pizza Hut's thin crust and white sauce with whatever on it is just delish. No need to over cook, it's just about as good as Pizza Hut pizza can get.

There is this one joint locally called GoldDust Pizza...holy fuck is it ever deeecent.

Well yeah you can't ask for extra time on thin crust. I meant hand tossed or deep

baseline bum
04-11-2017, 03:57 PM
BJ's Brewhouse deep dish paired pretty good with their house brewed IPA

Dude their stout is good too man.

DJR210
04-11-2017, 04:00 PM
Dude their stout is good too man.

Dat Tatanka Stout is good, it's their strongest beer I believe

DAF86
04-11-2017, 04:27 PM
Pineapples are for desert.

My fucking ex girlfriend used to make me order half a pizza with pineapple. I would eat my half and still be hungry, and she would eat just two slices of her half, so then I had to take the fucking pineapple parts of the other two slices to eat them. I don't know why, because that shit would still be sweet.

leemajors
04-11-2017, 04:29 PM

Opposite here, Dominos with hearty marinara is the best of chains IMO, they turned it around last 3-4 years. Pizza Hut is always kinda nasty imo.

Blake
04-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Everyone got their favorite I guess

I know people that love Peter piper shit pizza

Kim Jong-il
04-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Pineapple on pizza is fucking disgusting.

Spur|n|Austin
04-11-2017, 05:19 PM

I've actually thought the crust at Domino's has been good lately. I always ask for well done with Papa Johns and it's :tu

DPG21920
04-11-2017, 05:47 PM
Been mostly vegetarian for a while now (still eat meat 20% of the time) and I love pineapple/jalapeno pizza.

chunticakes
04-11-2017, 06:59 PM
BJ's is legit. I always get their personal sized favorite and the Hopstorm IPA with it. I have the Tatanka with dessert. :bobo

Now if you all want some really good fucking pizza try Dough's over on Blanco. That place shits on everyone else trying to sell pizza.

DJR210
04-11-2017, 07:32 PM
BJ's is legit. I always get their personal sized favorite and the Hopstorm IPA with it. I have the Tatanka with dessert. :bobo

Now if you all want some really good fucking pizza try Dough's over on Blanco. That place shits on everyone else trying to sell pizza.

You got a Yard House near you? I don't believe they brew in house, but they do have their own beers. Either way, I can give a fuck less about their beers when they have like 140 different beers on draft.

Clown Shoes Space Cake, Great Divide Hercules, Karbach Rodeo Clown, and Green Flash West Coast IPA are all the shit on tap.

Their food is varied, comes out fast with large portions, and has all tasted good from the few things I've ordered. This place is great at happy hour.

leemajors
04-11-2017, 08:52 PM

They contract all their brewing out to St. Arnold's FYI

chunticakes
04-11-2017, 08:58 PM
You got a Yard House near you? I don't believe they brew in house, but they do have their own beers. Either way, I can give a fuck less about their beers when they have like 140 different beers on draft.

Clown Shoes Space Cake, Great Divide Hercules, Karbach Rodeo Clown, and Green Flash West Coast IPA are all the shit on tap.

Their food is varied, comes out fast with large portions, and has all tasted good from the few things I've ordered. This place is great at happy hour.

Funny you mention Yardhouse. I love that place. Whenever I'm up in SA I usually hit up the one @ Cantera. I also like Bar Louie.

All the IPAs you mentioned are legit. Try and look out for Palate Wrecker from Green Flash. I don't know how hoppy you like your IPAs but I'm all about that bitterness.

Will Hunting
04-11-2017, 09:09 PM
Its disgusting. Not sure how/why it became a thing but it's fucking gross.

leemajors
04-11-2017, 09:17 PM

Have you had Bell's Two Hearted Ale yet?

DJR210
04-11-2017, 09:21 PM
Funny you mention Yardhouse. I love that place. Whenever I'm up in SA I usually hit up the one @ Cantera. I also like Bar Louie.

All the IPAs you mentioned are legit. Try and look out for Palate Wrecker from Green Flash. I don't know how hoppy you like your IPAs but I'm all about that bitterness.

Yup, Bar Louie is dope too, they don't have as many choices, but they do have 22 oz Hopadillos so I'll roll with one of those. Good place to chill outside on a Friday night.

And yeah, I prefer the bitter hoppy brews too.. Knee Deep Hop-De-Ranged is damn near 15% ABV, and 138 IBU.. Lagunitas Hop Stoopid is only 8%v but it's 102 IBU, and only 5 bucks for a 22 oz. Both good af.

DPG21920
04-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Hoppy Monk in SA is where it's at FYI.

YardHouse is better than pretty much all other chains for sure and BJ's is solid too. Irish Rootbeer is really good. I had no idea BJ's subbed out brewing to St Arnold's :lol No wonder they are good.

DPG21920
04-11-2017, 09:25 PM
Barbaro's in SA has great pizza as well and yes, Dough is amazing.

Will Hunting
04-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Hoppy Monk in SA is where it's at FYI.

YardHouse is better than pretty much all other chains for sure and BJ's is solid too. Irish Rootbeer is really good. I had no idea BJ's subbed out brewing to St Arnold's :lol No wonder they are good.
Have you ever had the mac and cheese dish at yardhouse? It's maybe the most delicious dish I've ever had at a chain restaurant.

DPG21920
04-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Have you ever had the mac and cheese dish at yardhouse? It's maybe the most delicious dish I've ever had at a chain restaurant.

Nah - only thing I've had at YH is the ahi tuna poke dish (only been twice and I love sushi/etc..). I like MnC but I can never eat a lot of it because it's so damn rich. But I'll try it next time.

chunticakes
04-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Damn I can't believe I've never eaten there lol. Best MnC I've had is the lobster MnC over @ Perry's down the road.

RGMCSE
04-11-2017, 10:37 PM
Damn I guess I'm the only one in here that didn't like yard house. Went to the one in River Center on st pattys day to pre-game a bit before getting nice. We were chillin at the bar and I couldn't help but notice the shit slow 60's melodic rock they were playing. It was bringing me down. I took a look around and noticed a shit ton of gray hairs dining. The bartender was cute but she looked suicidal while working there. What a depressing place. We got two quick drinks and got the hell outta there.

InRareForm
04-11-2017, 11:01 PM
Yard house has a tinder date vibe to it around the bar

DJR210
04-12-2017, 02:01 AM
Have you had Bell's Two Hearted Ale yet?

Not yet, but I just looked it up. Sounds good.

DJR210
04-12-2017, 02:03 AM

That mac n cheese is fucking great! The kids meal one is some huge ass portion for like 5 bucks

DJR210
04-12-2017, 02:04 AM
Damn I guess I'm the only one in here that didn't like yard house. Went to the one in River Center on st pattys day to pre-game a bit before getting nice. We were chillin at the bar and I couldn't help but notice the shit slow 60's melodic rock they were playing. It was bringing me down. I took a look around and noticed a shit ton of gray hairs dining. The bartender was cute but she looked suicidal while working there. What a depressing place. We got two quick drinks and got the hell outta there.

It's all tourists at the River Center one.. Fine ass UTSA broads at La Cantera

benefactor
04-12-2017, 06:31 AM
No to pineapple tbh

My favorite BJ's pizza is the chicken garlic pesto. It's the shit paired with Hopstorm or a Rogue Dead Guy.

StrengthAndHonor
04-12-2017, 08:29 AM
I developed my love for pineapple pizza because my GF always tried to order the "healthiest" option at any fast-food joint which is also weird since she's half italian lol but eversince then I fall squarely into the I love Pineapple on Pizza camp. ❤️

Blake
04-12-2017, 09:27 AM
Barbaro's in SA has great pizza as well and yes, Dough is amazing.

Dough is really really good. Really really pricey for what it is.

Avante
04-12-2017, 12:57 PM
My thoughts.

If others buy the pizza, I couldn't care less what's on it. If I buy the pzza, no pineapples. But, will eat pineapples right out of the can and drink the juice.

Spurminator
04-12-2017, 01:10 PM
I feel like pineapple on pizza only works if you're eating Hut/Domino's/PJ's. I like it on those, but I can't imagine getting it on a Cane Rosso or Grimaldi's, or other better quality places.

RD2191
04-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Anyone who puts pineapple on their pizza is a faggot.

SpursforSix
04-12-2017, 01:30 PM
Anyone who puts pineapple on their pizza is a faggot.

Well this faggot put 5 into your mom's badger vagina.

RD2191
04-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Well this faggot put 5 into your mom's badger vagina.

Whole or sliced?

SpursforSix
04-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Whole or sliced?

:lol

DJR210
04-12-2017, 10:37 PM
The server at BJ's was raving about that Jeremiah Red.. Wasn't impressed

hater
04-12-2017, 10:55 PM
I used to HATE Hawaiian pizza

But grown to like it

Still canteat more than 2 slices but I enjiy the taste especially with Sriracha on it

SpursforSix
04-12-2017, 11:27 PM
I used to HATE Hawaiian pizza

But grown to like it

Still canteat more than 2 slices but I enjiy the taste especially with Sriracha on it

Yeah..same here but I put Franks on it. Also one of my favorites at Dominos is pineapple and jalapeņos

cd021
04-13-2017, 12:59 AM
Opposite here, Dominos with hearty marinara is the best of chains IMO, they turned it around last 3-4 years. Pizza Hut is always kinda nasty imo.

Stuffed crust is what keeps me coming back to Pizza hut, too damn good. Haven't had much Domino's, grew up in a small town where the only pizza places were Pizza Hut, Papa John's and Little Cesars all within a mile of each other.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Pizza causes cancer and heart problems, it's literally one of the worst things you can consume outside of tobacco... I do admit to eating it 4-6 times a year but no more.

pgardn
04-13-2017, 07:55 AM
My thoughts.

If others buy the pizza, I couldn't care less what's on it. If I buy the pzza, no pineapples. But, will eat pineapples right out of the can and drink the juice.

So if you decide to put a Pineapple in lane 4 out of the University of Hawaii, where do you put the other sweet produce in lanes 1-3 and 5-8? And please list the schools as well. I've got a starting 8 from Spurs46. So how does it feel to be tardy mister........ hmmmmmm.......... ?

And pineapples grow in soil, not cans. Sheesh....

pgardn
04-13-2017, 07:59 AM
Pizza causes cancer and heart problems, it's literally one of the worst things you can consume outside of tobacco... I do admit to eating it 4-6 times a year but no more.

Pizza from a food pantry will do that for Yas.

Blake
04-13-2017, 08:16 AM

Lolwut

leemajors
04-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Not yet, but I just looked it up. Sounds good.

If you can find Lagunitas Waldo it's out and the hoppiest beer they make. Delicious, had two last night

RGMCSE
04-13-2017, 10:13 AM
It's all tourists at the River Center one.. Fine ass UTSA broads at La Cantera

I guess that's the big difference there. La Cantera area has all the sexy hoes. Especially the incredibaly stuck up Mexico ones. Never fails at lifetime the International Mexicans always nose up.

I. Hustle
04-13-2017, 10:44 AM
Pineapple on pizza is gross. Dough was ok but nothing worth nutting over like most people. If I am going to go out for pizza, I usually just hit up Grimaldi's.
If a fast food place it's probably going to be pizza hut or papa john's thin crust. NEVER pineapple though.

DJR210
04-13-2017, 01:36 PM
If you can find Lagunitas Waldo it's out and the hoppiest beer they make. Delicious, had two last night

I love Lagunitas, Hop Stoopid is my go to.. I tried Maximus last night which is good, but not as good as HS or Special Midnight.

I. Hustle
04-13-2017, 02:03 PM
Not a big IPA drinking but I do like the Mosaic IPA from Community.

*trying to fit in*

baseline bum
04-13-2017, 03:00 PM
The server at BJ's was raving about that Jeremiah Red.. Wasn't impressed

They all do. Yeah that beer ain't shit. The stout is so much better.

FkLA
04-13-2017, 03:03 PM
Have any of y'all been to Gino's East? Originated in Chicago, easily the best deep dish pizza I've had. Not a pizza expert but tastes pretty authentic, imho.

Chucho
04-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Especially the incredibaly stuck up Mexico ones. Never fails at lifetime the International Mexicans always nose up.

LOL, I fucking HATE the scumbag "national" Mexicans. They really don't realize there is no massive class of dirt-poor Mexicans here they can condescend to and that middle class Americans live equal, or better (since it's not shitty Mexico), lifestyles than these fucking people.

Moreover, it seems they are fucking genetically dispositioned to be flea market vendors. I hate the ones that come in, buy up as much discounted, clearance and outlet merchandise at discount retailers/outlet malls to resell back home.

Fucking hate these douches. And I lived, and spent preK-12th grade in Alamo Heights, around real money. That's real douchebaggery.

FkLA
04-13-2017, 03:44 PM
LOL, I fucking HATE the scumbag "national" Mexicans. They really don't realize there is no massive class of dirt-poor Mexicans here they can condescend to and that middle class Americans live equal, or better (since it's not shitty Mexico), lifestyles than these fucking people.

Moreover, it seems they are fucking genetically dispositioned to be flea market vendors. I hate the ones that come in, buy up as much discounted, clearance and outlet merchandise at discount retailers/outlet malls to resell back home.

Fucking hate these douches. And I lived, and spent preK-12th grade in Alamo Heights, around real money. That's real douchebaggery.

Have you stepped foot on the South or West side? There's plenty of Mexican-Americans in SA to look down on, tbh.

FkLA
04-13-2017, 03:53 PM
Shit, I'm not even a stuck-up fresa but it's definitely embarrassing seenig the way these 2nd/3rd generation Mexican- Americans act. Popping out babies from multiple dads, smoking weed and drinking every day, working dead end jobs, using government assistance. They give hard working real Mexicans a bad name. Fuck them.

I. Hustle
04-13-2017, 04:00 PM

Yeah, it's Easter so they will be in flooding the malls and the outlet malls. My first encounter was when I was a teenager and worked at Finish Line. They would come in and act like they owned the place. I couldn't stand them. Then they wanted to haggle. For real? In the mall? Bitch, I don't set the prices!

RGMCSE
04-13-2017, 04:20 PM

I'm not Heights but pretty fucking close in those circles. You see a few stuckup people once in a while but I couldn't be more at home in and around the area. I will say an easily approachable attitude goes a long way. Not like them internationals though. I've never seen more entitled people in my life. Avoid malls and department stores at all costs because there here to fucking look down on locals at all costs. I cringe every time I see the internationals all converge in a Macy's and here comes the white Spaniard looking patriarch dad wearing a sweater wrapped around the neck with the largest Ralph Lauren polo shirt logo known to man with flats and no socks in the middle of fucking July. Bitch are you crazy!?!

Chucho
04-13-2017, 07:04 PM
Oh man, and how they friggin double park everywhere, and of course they drive minivans almost exclusively. Funny how you mention their flocking to Macy's. I remember seeing some thuggy teens walking thru the North Star parking lot wi5h screw drivers puncturing National's tires. I almost felt bad about witnessing it.

DJR210
04-14-2017, 01:24 PM
Have any of y'all been to Gino's East? Originated in Chicago, easily the best deep dish pizza I've had. Not a pizza expert but tastes pretty authentic, imho.

Bro, after you going on record with your love of Little Caesars poverty pie in one of our last pizza connoisseur topics, I am a little skeptical of your pizza recommendations..

Chicago's Pizza is pretty good, its on Blanco I believe. I was just fucking w/ you ^, maybe I'll stop by that Gino's in Medical Center soon.

leemajors
04-14-2017, 01:25 PM
Bro, after you going on record with your love of Little Caesars poverty pie in one of our last pizza connoisseur topics, I am a little skeptical of your pizza recommendations..

Gino's East is fairly legit, tbh.

DJR210
04-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Gino's East is fairly legit, tbh.

:lol you're fucking fast.. avante level of response speed on display there.. Got me before I could edit

FkLA
04-14-2017, 02:44 PM

Chicago's Pizza is pretty good, its on Blanco I believe. I was just fucking w/ you ^, maybe I'll stop by that Gino's in Medical Center soon.

But yeah give it a shot brah. It won't dissappoint, imo. I'll have to try Chicago's sometime too.

chunticakes
04-14-2017, 04:35 PM

But yeah give it a shot brah. It won't dissappoint, imo. I'll have to try Chicago's sometime too.

You a fan of Pizza Patron too, scrah?

DJR210
04-14-2017, 04:40 PM
You a fan of Pizza Patron too, scrah?

Pizza Patron is seriously worse than the fucking 7-11 pizzas

chunticakes
04-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Pizza Patron is seriously worse than the fucking 7-11 pizzas

Yeah I know. Even Totinos makes Pizza Patron it's bitch. That's why I asked FkLA if he likes it, seeing how he's the resident shitty pizza expert.

FkLA
04-14-2017, 05:00 PM
That's the one you can use pesos to pay, right? :lol

I haven't tried it. The closest one I've seen to me is on the South side, thats too far a drive when I have all the other chains (especially the amazing Little Caesars) right down the street from me, tbh.

leemajors
04-14-2017, 05:00 PM
:lol you're fucking fast.. avante level of response speed on display there.. Got me before I could edit

I've been in Chicago and Austin. OG in Chicago was better, but that's a given. Is a bit pricey though :lol

chunticakes
04-14-2017, 05:21 PM
That's the one you can use pesos to pay, right? :lol

I haven't tried it. The closest one I've seen to me is on the South side, thats too far a drive when I have all the other chains (especially the amazing Little Caesars) right down the street from me, tbh.

Oh shit I forgot you could pay with pesos :lol

The only time I had that shit was back in college when I as broke. Never again :lol

InRareForm
04-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Someone would have to pay me to eat 7-11 pizza, wings, etc..

SpursforSix
04-14-2017, 06:14 PM
Someone would have to pay me to eat 7-11 pizza, wings, etc..

IDK. Late...drunk or otherwise...everything is closed. I've never tried it but I can see situations where I would eat 7-11 pizza. Or whatever they are warming up.

InRareForm
04-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Late night I go to Wendy's (one goes to 2am where I live) , in n out, Dennys.

SpursforSix
04-14-2017, 10:04 PM
Late night I go to Wendy's (one goes to 2am where I live) , in n out, Dennys.

No...I get that. No one walks into 7-11 with the sole intention of getting a pizza. But sometimes, that's where one ends up for whatever reason.