View Full Version : 2018 Dodge Demon

benefactor
04-12-2017, 09:20 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vD6A6NxySQ

:wow

I need to win the lottery.

Chucho
04-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Big engine, but not much else. The Hellcat was smoked habitually by much weaker-powered cards in quarters and full miles.

If "I have 800 horses under the hood, but a 400 hp Mustang, or pickup truck can smoke me" is your desired tag line for your whip, do it big homie.

Sportcamper
04-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Definitely a “I don’t need one, probably too much power for me to drive safely but I am too old & fat to get in and out of a Corvette so this is pretty cool” kind of a car…:lol

They will be showing up at Bob’s Big Boy soon…

Chucho
04-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Definitely a “I don’t need one, probably too much power for me to drive safely but I am too old & fat to get in and out of a Corvette so this is pretty cool” kind of a car…:lol

They will be showing up at Bob’s Big Boy soon…

:lol On fucking point.

Kinda how I feel about what happened to the Camaro getting played out. I can't stand seeing the Camaro getting a fatter tail end and awful tail and headlights and now the V6 version becoming the signature "sports" car for thrice-divorced, fat, married, lonely middle aged women who put rhinestone license plate holders and shitty "sassy attitude" decals and stickers on these. Save that awful shit for V6 Mustangs.

benefactor
04-12-2017, 12:23 PM
Big engine, but not much else. The Hellcat was smoked habitually by much weaker-powered cards in quarters and full miles.

If "I have 800 horses under the hood, but a 400 hp Mustang, or pickup truck can smoke me" is your desired tag line for your whip, do it big homie.
Mid nines in the quarter and a 2.3 sec zero to sixty say otherwise. It's definitely a novelty...something to take to shows or out to a strip but there's not an off the line Camaro, Mustang, or Vette that can outrun it if those numbers are legit.

Also...John Hennessy made a video of a Hellcat unrunning a ZL1, so I'm not really sure about your claim about the Hellcat getting habitually smoked unless you had someone who had not idea how to drive.

Chucho
04-12-2017, 01:16 PM
^^^

Saw it first hand last summer at the drags in Sonoma. Three times, three different hellcats. One smoked by a Foxbody, 400 HP 92 Stang, a souped up rat-rod box-body pickup and by a souped up SRT '10 Charger. 3 drivers or three of the same car that is a heavy-ass car? I'm taking the latter. Plus, there are just too many videos of them getting embarrassed. I remember in 13 or 14, C+D ran it against like all the top cars in the category/range and it finished near the bottom.

It is a novelty car. I imagine if Hennesy made a Hellcat video, it was HIS Hellcat, not a stock one. Cool car, but definitely for someone trying to over-compensate moreso than someone serious about legit muscle that wins races.

lebomb
04-12-2017, 01:47 PM
I want one.

Chucho
04-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'd totally drive one. Wouldn't buy one if I had the funds as there are more legitimate cars for less.

benefactor
04-12-2017, 02:26 PM
^^^

Saw it first hand last summer at the drags in Sonoma. Three times, three different hellcats. One smoked by a Foxbody, 400 HP 92 Stang, a souped up rat-rod box-body pickup and by a souped up SRT '10 Charger. 3 drivers or three of the same car that is a heavy-ass car? I'm taking the latter. Plus, there are just too many videos of them getting embarrassed. I remember in 13 or 14, C+D ran it against like all the top cars in the category/range and it finished near the bottom.

It is a novelty car. I imagine if Hennesy made a Hellcat video, it was HIS Hellcat, not a stock one. Cool car, but definitely for someone trying to over-compensate moreso than someone serious about legit muscle that wins races.
I'd have to find it, but both cars were stock in the video. He made it as a grudge match to see which car was faster. Besides, why would John want to show a Hellcat beating a ZL1? He uses a GM made 7.0L LSX to power his Venom GT.

Narratives and videos are what they are...and legitimacy is in the eye of the beholder. I can show you just as many videos of races being very close or the Hellcat winning. All the cars are stupid fast(though this one appears to take it to a whole new level from an off the showroom floor standpoint). It's just a matter of preference.

benefactor
04-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Here you go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lEwMelXomY

Of course it is a manual vs auto and the auto will have the advantage, but HP made a good point about that:

If we had a manual Hellcat we would have run it instead of the auto. In the real world and on the street you don't get to pick the transmission of your adversary. Thus, we felt like this was a relevant test. The new ZL1 Camaro auto should be as fast as they Hellcat auto - maybe faster? We will find out when the 10-speed ZL1 comes out in a few months.

So would a ZL1 beat a Hellcat if all trannys were equal? Maybe so. But it's pretty obvious the race would be a close one.

Chucho
04-12-2017, 02:51 PM
^^^

That is why you're a fucking hoss. Good shit! THAT is how you show expertise. S46's days are numbered as the Authoritarian of Expertise.

Wild Cobra
04-12-2017, 06:42 PM

It helps top know how to drive. More power means harder not to lose traction.

Mitch
04-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Kind of a useless car :lol

It's impressive tho

Fabbs
04-12-2017, 07:45 PM
pretty sure beaniefactor is posting vs competition that is just the same as the Demon is, that being stock.

Fabbs
04-12-2017, 07:47 PM
:lol On fucking point.

Kinda how I feel about what happened to the Camaro getting played out. I can't stand seeing the Camaro getting a fatter tail end and awful tail and headlights and now the V6 version becoming the signature "sports" car for thrice-divorced, fat, married, lonely middle aged women who put rhinestone license plate holders and shitty "sassy attitude" decals and stickers on these. Save that awful shit for V6 Mustangs.
:lol

Beanie if you are loading up on cinnamon whiskeys please save your Demon driving for when you are sober.

RD2191
04-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Buying a 9 second car from the factory takes out all of the fun of buying a muscle car in the first place.

StrengthAndHonor
04-12-2017, 10:53 PM
I'm so horny for that Hellcat.

chunticakes
04-13-2017, 04:17 PM
When do they come out with the Antichrist?

benefactor
04-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Kind of a useless car :lol

It's impressive tho
Yeah it is...but so are most exotics. They are just bought to scare the shit out of your buddy or take it to shows.