PDA

View Full Version : Curry needs Kawhi and kawhi needs Curry....

apalisoc_9
04-12-2017, 04:12 PM
With Recent news about Curry being in the top list of hated players among players and kawhi just a hair behind him, Why shouldn't the organization use this cultural and social situation to their advantage?

Curry would make Kawhi unstoppable. Vice Versa.

It's the perfect situation.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-12-2017, 04:12 PM
Fuck no. This thread belongs in Auschwitz.

Brazil
04-12-2017, 04:19 PM
Kawhi is hated ?

wtf :lol

DPG21920
04-12-2017, 04:22 PM
Kawhi is hated ?

There have been reports that he's not in the "in crowd". I don't know if he's hated, he's just viewed as an outsider by the Lebron crew (CP3, Melo, Paul George, Lebron, etc..).

apalisoc_9
04-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Kawhi is hated ?

Yup..

apparently same reason why Curry is hated. They rose to fame and succeed way too early.

this isnt just false reporting from some writers as this is something people in the NBA that know NBA circles have been saying for a year and half now.

Which is crazy because Kawhi and Curry actually had to work hard and make sacrifices for all this thing to happen.

apalisoc_9
04-12-2017, 04:24 PM
There have been reports that he's not in the "in crowd". I don't know if he's hated, he's just viewed as an outsider by the Lebron crew (CP3, Melo, Paul George, Lebron, etc..).

He's probably not as "Hated" as Curry though.

But I wouldn't doubt that if he starts winning championships and MVPs again..He will be just as hated if not more.

LittleCriminal
04-12-2017, 04:30 PM

Maybe cuz Nobody in that "In Crew" list can guard Kawhi...
Im sure Kawhi is the youngest of that almost ready for retirement crew list..

Brazil
04-12-2017, 04:45 PM
I knew that Lebron tries to disminish as much as he can Kawhi's achievements but did not know he was put aside by the lebron crew... neither Curry btw

Brazil
04-12-2017, 04:58 PM
BTW I was looking at some woj articles and found dat stuff about Curry

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-james-nbas-biggest-stars-164059383.html

I guess this is the report Apa is talking about

resistanze
04-12-2017, 05:03 PM
I'm pretty 80% of players in the NBA don't associate with each other outside of the season tbh

r0drig0lac
04-12-2017, 05:04 PM
I'm sure Curry is doing very well without Kawhi.

skulls138
04-12-2017, 05:28 PM
There have been reports that he's not in the "in crowd". I don't know if he's hated, he's just viewed as an outsider by the Lebron crew (CP3, Melo, Paul George, Lebron, etc..).Oh no, what is Kawhi ever to do! Say it aint so Ledouchbag! SAY...IT...AINT...SO!!!! :cry

Lebron only wants people to be beneath him. Thats why he is every position on his team. Its why he sabotages his own teams success if hes not the reason for it. I love it.

look_at_g_shred
04-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Maybe cuz Nobody in that "In Crew" list can guard Kawhi...
Im sure Kawhi is the youngest of that almost ready for retirement crew list..

TD 21
04-12-2017, 06:10 PM
Of course Curry and Leonard are hated; it's obvious. It's not only the meteoric rise to top 5ish player status, it's how popular they are, little criticism they receive and the fact that neither checks all the cliché boxes, in terms of look, sound, act and background. Aka, they're not "black" enough for them. Duncan wasn't/isn't either and like Leonard, he never tried to be in the "cool kids" clique. The only reason he was mostly above reproach was because he was a near immediate and continuous champion.

Leetonidas
04-12-2017, 06:56 PM
I doubt he's hated but as a quiet dude who's probably to himself or keeps his own company the majority of the league's top players probably find that weird and kinda leave him alone....which if you watched the all star game you could tell Kawhi doesnt have the whole buddy buddy thing going on with the other players. He's not one of the in crowd not because he's hated but because he simply don't give a shit imo

MultiTroll
04-12-2017, 07:31 PM
Oh noes, does Kwa have to mount a banana boat and ride with the *In* crowd?

phxspurfan
04-12-2017, 07:39 PM

Def not in the in crowd. U can tell whos in the in crowd at the ASG

99 Problems
04-12-2017, 07:46 PM

well Whi has handed them their ass when matched up. It wouldn't surprise me with some older vets as this new wave of young stars are burning extremely bright and these other guys are on their way to being yesterday's news.

Chews
04-12-2017, 08:02 PM
jealousy and envy, bitch traits. Curry and Kawhi are two of the best leaders in the game right now, fuck whoever hates either of them

rasuo214
04-12-2017, 08:10 PM
I can see why Curry is disliked, he has gotten cocky (showboating antics on the court) the last few years. That will always rub guys the wrong way. Kawhi seems to limit himself to his friends, other Californians and maybe the Jordan brand guys.

daslicer
04-12-2017, 08:13 PM
I can see why Curry is disliked, he has gotten cocky (showboating antics on the court) the last few years. That will always rub guys the wrong way. Kawhi seems to limit himself to his friends, other Californians and maybe the Jordan brand guys.

Pretty much this. He has a tendency to rub salt in the wounds by showboating and rubbing it in when the Warriors are up big in a game. Acting that way will always garner hatred. Also I would say's he's very fake guy when it comes to acting tough and talking trash.

daslicer
04-12-2017, 08:17 PM
I'm definitely going to bump this thread when the Spurs play the Warriors. A lot of people are going to hate Curry's showboating and taunting in that series. This reminds me of way back in '08 when Spur fans loved Chris Paul and thought he was classy up until the Spurs played the hornets in the playoffs.

duncan2k5
04-12-2017, 08:22 PM
Oh noes, does Kwa have to mount a banana boat and ride with the *In* crowd?

Lmao! A lot of youngins won't get this reference

TheGreatYacht
04-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Sorry, OP. But Buford the most overrated GM in history runs things here. Clearing cap space is way too much work for that drunk.

Enjoy a Joel Anthony extension and a euro scrub first round pick instead.

Down Under
04-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Probably not concerned with player empowerment like those other guys. Not all people are like that though, just cause they're black and good at basketball.

SpursBig3s
04-12-2017, 10:56 PM
Yup..

apparently same reason why Curry is hated. They rose to fame and succeed way too early.

this isnt just false reporting from some writers as this is something people in the NBA that know NBA circles have been saying for a year and half now.

Which is crazy because Kawhi and Curry actually had to work hard and make sacrifices for all this thing to happen.

You think Kawhi gives a fuck if he's "hated"? :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-12-2017, 10:57 PM
A career playoff choker needs another career playoff choker? I don't think so :lol

YGWHI
04-12-2017, 11:13 PM

I'm definitely going to bump this thread when the Spurs play the Warriors. A lot of people are going to hate Curry's showboating and taunting in that series. This reminds me of way back in '08 when Spur fans loved Chris Paul and thought he was classy up until the Spurs played the hornets in the playoffs.
Exactly. :tu

That's why I dont get the comparision. I agree with Eberly about the quick ascension of both but I cant think in two players more different than Kawhi and Curry.

Kawhi was a poor kid from Moreno Valley, quiet and respectful on court. Curry was, is, and will be just a rich, annoying b*****

daslicer
04-12-2017, 11:48 PM

Exactly. :tu

That's why I dont get the comparision. I agree with Eberly about the quick ascension of both but I cant think in two players more different than Kawhi and Curry.

Kawhi was a poor kid from Moreno Valley, quiet and respectful on court. Curry was, is, and will be just a rich, annoying b*****

I will say this Curry is fake and the success has gotten to his head. Living in NC I saw his rise at Davidson when he was unknown prospect that wasn't even considered to be NBA worthy. He didn't talk trash or showboat in college. Factor in that he didn't start talking a lot of shit until Draymond joined the Warriors which definitely shows he's a pathetic follower and not a leader. Kawhi on the other hand has stayed the same person and hasn't let the success get to his head. Both are religious but Kawhi unlike Curry keeps it to himself while Curry goes into preacher mode. One is an attention whore while the other is very private. These two players have nothing in common other than being late bloomers.

Down Under
04-13-2017, 01:23 AM
Curry is just a freak though and his style is more conducive to winning than a pass first point guard. Anyone that can shoot mid 40's from 3 off the dribble with ridiculous handles is just a freak and as more and more emphasis has been placed on the 3 ball, his game is more suited to winning. He's a tool, but you can't hold it against him for his game being perfectly suited to the way the NBA has progressed. Melo was never winning anything from the get go. He never played defense, he doesn't pass the ball enough and in all honesty, he's carried too much weight virtually his whole career which has limited his athleticism and speed.

Down Under
04-13-2017, 01:28 AM
I love Paul's leadership, intelligence, competitiveness and his game, but it's just not suited to winning championships and hasn't been for over 30 years. Even then, Magic was scoring 24ppg as a 6'9 'Point Guard'.

DeRozan m8
04-13-2017, 02:00 AM
imagine the meltdowns when Kawhi got the ring and FMVP.

Mal
04-13-2017, 03:49 AM
Kawhi is hated ?

By players. It`s possible. I would hate to play against Kawhi

Mal
04-13-2017, 03:54 AM
Sorry, OP. But Buford the most overrated GM in history runs things here. Clearing cap space is way too much work for that drunk.

Enjoy a Joel Anthony extension and a euro scrub first round pick instead.

Dude, Spurs wouldnt been able think about clearing space or tank for a moment for the last 20 years.

skin27
04-14-2017, 07:02 AM
With Recent news about Curry being in the top list of hated players among players and kawhi just a hair behind him, Why shouldn't the organization use this cultural and social situation to their advantage?

Curry would make Kawhi unstoppable. Vice Versa.

It's the perfect situation.
And then you will bitch curry for freezing out kawhi!!!