PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker is a non-threat.

apalisoc_9
04-12-2017, 10:36 PM
A player is only ever a threat if he can encourage offball defenses to react. He just doesn't have that anymore both offball and onball. Watching this game made me realize, and again, How much teams are happier with him trying to create buckets because it makes defending an already mediocre offensive team even easier to defend.

He can have a good statistical night where he goes 5-9 or 8-14, but defenses today are way too smart to react. They allow it to happen knowing full well it takes the remaining offense out of rhytem and parker can't keep up the production the whole night.

Also, Lamarcus Aldridge is a ball killer and a shitty offensive player. He doesn't create double teams, he doesnt roll. All his shots are shitty.

SpursBig3s
04-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Agreed. But at least Aldridge plays D. And if he's on, then he's pretty damn good.

Aldridge could be more diverse offensively, but he's not the problem. Parker is

TheGreatYacht
04-12-2017, 10:55 PM
Lmao @ thinking Parker is the problem offensively where there's 2 useless starters that went a combined 2/10 from the floor as well as 3 TO's...

That rest really worked for D-League

spursistan
04-12-2017, 11:11 PM
offense going to be exposed pretty badly in the playoffs--once more.

apalisoc_9
04-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Lmao @ thinking Parker is the problem offensively where there's 2 useless starters that went a combined 2/10 from the floor as well as 3 TO's...

That rest really worked for D-League

Well a huge part of that is Parker and Aldridge plus Leonard post ups in uncalled for situation.

When Parker and Aldridge are non-threats, you can't expect role players to score efficiently. Aldridge usage rate is way too high and Parker is still the PG of the team.

ElNono
04-12-2017, 11:16 PM
water is wet, grass is green, danny green can't hit a 3 thread, tbh...

ViceCity86
04-12-2017, 11:20 PM
RS

Hoops Czar
04-12-2017, 11:21 PM
Tony's coasting. Everybody knows that.

MaNu4Tres
04-12-2017, 11:22 PM
The offense is too easy to exploit. If I'm a coach that is playing the Spurs in the playoffs, I either show Kawhi a strong hedge in PnRs and make him get rid of it or funnel Kawhi in PnRs into two defenders and funnel the pass back to Aldridge around the free throw line where he will take his cute 17 footer. If it results in 15 long 2's then so be it. That style of offense is too easy to beat in a 7 game series.

I also never double Aldridge or Pau in the post. Never ever double. Stay at home and let them take their sub .40% contested post ups all day. I say contested because neither have the ability to make moves to put effective pressure towards the rim ( attracting weakside defenders). Spurs are great at manufacturing the shots the defense wants them to take.

The Grizzlies won't be an easy out. I wouldn't be surprised if they upset the Spurs tbh.

Hoops Czar
04-12-2017, 11:25 PM
The Grizzlies won't be an easy out. I wouldn't be surprised if they upset the Spurs tbh.

Spurs in three.

apalisoc_9
04-12-2017, 11:26 PM
The offense is too easy to exploit. If I'm a coach that is playing the Spurs in the playoffs, I either show Kawhi a strong hedge in PnRs and make him get rid of it or funnel Kawhi in PnRs into two defenders and funnel the pass back to Aldridge around the free throw line where he will take his cute 17 footer. If it results in 15 long 2's then so be it. That style of offense is too easy to beat in a 7 game series.

I also never double Aldridge or Pau in the post. Never ever double. Stay at home and let them take their sub .40% contested post ups all day. I say contested because neither have the ability to make moves to put effective pressure towards the rim ( attracting weakside defenders). Spurs are great at manufacturing the shots the defense wants them to take.

Maybe you've instrcuted coaches in the NBA because that's exatly how the Warriors played the spurs and how the next matchup played the spurs.

Opposing teams know Leonard is the only legitimate space and gravity guy in this team.

And Pau and lesser extent Lee..but as far as perimter players go..Just double team Kawhi and call it a night.

YGWHI
04-12-2017, 11:31 PM
offense going to be exposed pretty badly in the playoffs--once more.

When teams like Clippers, Warriors, OKC, started to compete/dominate the Spurs? Since Parker's/Manu's decline, now the Spurs dont have an offensive PG/SG threat to match with those strong backcourts.

Pop made his play trying to improve, strengthening the frountcourt but you cant stay big against guards who can score 40 points in just one quarter.

Our bigs will get double teamed, they will face overcrowded paints because defense dont respect our guards/shooters....And the Spurs will lose that size advantage.

Like I've said before, this team is unbalanced af...The 3 main scorers are ALL frontcourt players.

gambit1990
04-12-2017, 11:31 PM
tony's defense makes up for it though

:lol

siraulo23
04-13-2017, 02:20 AM

I agree with everything tbh

This is why Im really not that excited for the POs and didnt watch the final 10 reg season games or so. This team showed some promise early in the season, had some new players perform well, Lee, Dedmon etc... but they barely improved throughout the season. The defense has been solid all year but the offense never really got going. Bertans didnt get enough exp to prepare him for the POs and the spurs pretty much get zero backcourt production. Parker, Green, Simmons. Yikes

SASdynasty!
04-13-2017, 07:52 AM
Here come the excuses if the Spurs have another early playoff exit with Kawhi as the main guy.

urunobili
04-13-2017, 08:21 AM
That elbow J when working is deadly!

coachmac87
04-13-2017, 10:45 AM

Ok...well you're completely leaving out how the Spurs can stop the Grizzlies lol. Spurs will exploit the fuck out of them..tbh.

They have the same core players in 11' except Randolph is not even close to being the same player..and they can't shoot from 3.

MaNu4Tres
04-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Ok...well you're completely leaving out how the Spurs can stop the Grizzlies lol. Spurs will exploit the fuck out of them..tbh.

They have the same core players in 11' except Randolph is not even close to being the same player..and they can't shoot from 3.

I'm not just talking about the Grizzlies. I was talking about the offense in general and how I see how teams will exploit them ( HOU and GS). I said Grizzlies won't be an easy out ( I expect SA to win), but wouldn't be surprised if MEM pulled off an upset.

spurraider21
04-13-2017, 12:06 PM
That elbow J when working is deadly!so his jumpers are good when they go in? fantastic

kidding aside, that's his best shot right now

https://i.gyazo.com/7c1d10f450342bddfc156af079578574.png

Arcadian
04-13-2017, 01:55 PM
"Tony Parker is unplayable vs life."

FkLA
04-13-2017, 02:26 PM
I don't think there is a Tony Parker on the team. Are you talking about Enrique Porker? If so, I agree. He sucks.

dabom
04-13-2017, 02:31 PM
I don't think there is a Tony Parker on the team. Are you talking about Enrique Porker? If so, I agree. He sucks.

Everytime I write porker, it auto corrects to porker. :lol

Seventyniner
04-13-2017, 02:33 PM
so his jumpers are good when they go in? fantastic

kidding aside, that's his best shot right now

https://i.gyazo.com/7c1d10f450342bddfc156af079578574.png

0.483 on 16+ long twos is actually really good for that distance, but it's still a long two.

FkLA
04-13-2017, 02:57 PM

:lol

SpursforSix
04-13-2017, 03:03 PM
-WuEJX3Ty9s

FkLA
04-13-2017, 03:09 PM
-WuEJX3Ty9s

Such a self absorbed heroballer. :lol

gambit1990
04-13-2017, 03:22 PM
he should not have more shot attempts than gasol OR patty.

Hoops Czar
04-13-2017, 05:11 PM

Maybe your auto correct is broken.

urunobili
04-14-2017, 08:52 AM
Will Pop have the guts to Antonio Daniel him next year?

UZER
04-14-2017, 09:22 AM
Such a self absorbed heroballer. :lol

Remember when Brent Barry was in his video? :lol

PopTheGOAT
04-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Maybe your auto correct is broken.

The joke

:wakeupyou