PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Why Kawhi will win the MVP

ambchang
04-13-2017, 12:24 PM
Kawhi may not get the most first place votes (Westbrook will), but there are still 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th place votes.

1st place votes get 10 points each, 2nd 7 points, 3rd 5, 4th 3, and 5th 1.

Those who vote for Westbrook 1st will not likely vote for Harden 2nd, as the voters are pretty much at odds at each other, and will likely game the system by putting the other candidate artificially low to bolster the chances of his/her own guy's chance of winning the MVP.

Those who vote for Harden are clearly not strictly looking at stats, because if they did, they would have gone with Westbrook. Instead, they look at team success as well, of which those voters will almost certainly vote Kawhi in 2nd.

Then there are those that would vote Kawhi #1 as well.

My take is that Westbrook will get about 50% of the 1st place votes, Harden about 30%, and Kawhi the majority of the remaining 20%, with a few votes going to Lebron. What would be interesting would be that Kawhi would get much of the 2nd and 3rd place votes, with those voters putting Harden and Westbrook at 4th place in a lot of cases.

By points alone, this would help vault Kawhi into #1 in MVP voting, and then people will be crying foul over it.

apalisoc_9
04-13-2017, 12:33 PM
He finishes second. Also the fact that awards are now announced by the end of the playoffs makes cries for foul mininmal.

I also suspect with this NHL format, winning will be an even factor next year specially if Westbrook gets humiliated in the first round.

Thomas82
04-13-2017, 03:17 PM
It would be nice if he could steal it with 2nd place votes.

DAF86
04-17-2017, 06:50 PM
No chance imho.

Last update:

My picks:

1-Kawhi
2-Harden
3-Westbrook
4-Isiah Thomas

How it will probably end:

1-Westbrook
2-Harden
3-Kawhi
4-Lebron

Arcadian
04-17-2017, 08:12 PM
Interesting hypothesis! Hope it happens.

I mean, he got 2nd place last year with mostly 2nd place votes. And that was with a unanimous 1st place.

Chris
04-18-2017, 02:39 AM
"He's arrived"

DMC
04-18-2017, 09:12 AM
No chance imho.

Since Zeke has been retired for many years, I doubt he's going to win an MVP.