PDA

View Full Version : Forbes active over Murray?

spursistan
04-15-2017, 09:33 PM
Is this the first act of playoff Poop? :lol

Please someone tell Forbes isn't getting trotted out in in 2nd quarter of Game 6 when we're down 2-3 vs the Rockets. How the hell you don't give your point guard of the future an opportunity to feel the postseason even in garbage time?

spurraider21
04-15-2017, 09:37 PM
all forbes has to do is shoot. murray has to run an offense. it's much easier for forbes to come in and do his task for a few minutes than dijon

SAGirl
04-15-2017, 09:38 PM
Murray just didn't get run at the end. No chemistry with teammates whatsoever.

CGD
04-15-2017, 09:39 PM
all forbes has to do is shoot. murray has to run an offense. it's much easier for forbes to come in and do his task for a few minutes than dijon

Exactly.

There will be a point in this playoffs that Pop will need a spark and might seen if Forbes or Bertans can hit a 3 or two in limited minutes. Murray has a different skill set.

Thomas82
04-16-2017, 04:45 AM

Right on!! Honestly, I would be surprised if we saw him again before the Summer League tipped off.

duncan2k5
04-16-2017, 07:41 AM
Exactly.

There will be a point in this playoffs that Pop will need a spark and might seen if Forbes or Bertans can hit a 3 or two in limited minutes. Murray has a different skill set.

this makes no sense...we have enough 3 point shooters...murray can do what no one else can...break down a defense at will...speed up the game at will...thats like saying let's bench a rookie tony parker because he cant shoot. he is infinitely better than forbes...especially on defense...plus he has played more with the team than forbes has...he is our PG of the future...why not give him a taste of the playoffs? i have a feeling pop doesnt think highly of him, and either his growth will be stunted, or he will go to another team and we will regret it. im still baffled how ppl cant see he is exactly what we need RIGHT NOW!

cd98
04-16-2017, 09:06 AM
Neither Murray or Forbes are getting minutes unless the Spurs are up 25 in the fourth. Not sure why you care so much. I mean by the time Forbes got in the game, it was junk time and junk time in the playoffs is no different than junk time in the regular season. So it's not like Murray missed out on valuable playoff experience.

Forbes probably earned the right to be the last benchwarmer on the team given his play and Murray's injury. But Pop will probably mix up who suits up on the last roster spot each game. I'm sure Murray will get a chance to play a little junk time too.

DPG21920
04-16-2017, 10:11 AM
this makes no sense...we have enough 3 point shooters...murray can do what no one else can...break down a defense at will...speed up the game at will...thats like saying let's bench a rookie tony parker because he cant shoot. he is infinitely better than forbes...especially on defense...plus he has played more with the team than forbes has...he is our PG of the future...why not give him a taste of the playoffs? i have a feeling pop doesnt think highly of him, and either his growth will be stunted, or he will go to another team and we will regret it. im still baffled how ppl cant see he is exactly what we need RIGHT NOW!

Lol you being baffled at a completely obvious situation tbh..

sasaint
04-16-2017, 01:00 PM

To me this is a perfect rationalization for choosing Forbes over Murray. Still I am not sure it is the best decision. Moreover, it explains why Pop would go with Forbes in the playoffs, but I still wonder about Murray's inactivity for that long of a stretch at the end of the season. I am not completely convinced that it was a groin/hip injury. It seems to have taken Dijon an inordinate length of time to recover from his injury. Makes me a little suspicious.

sasaint
04-16-2017, 01:01 PM
Neither Murray or Forbes are getting minutes unless the Spurs are up 25 in the fourth. Not sure why you care so much. I mean by the time Forbes got in the game, it was junk time and junk time in the playoffs is no different than junk time in the regular season. So it's not like Murray missed out on valuable playoff experience.

Forbes probably earned the right to be the last benchwarmer on the team given his play and Murray's injury. But Pop will probably mix up who suits up on the last roster spot each game. I'm sure Murray will get a chance to play a little junk time too.

:tu

Chinook
04-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Hopefully Murray works on his D this summer. Actually, he should get with Anderson or whomever Kyle got with. Imagine if DeJounte could learn how to use length and timing like Kyle can while still having his athleticism.

In any event it sucks he doesn't have much of a role outside energy guy for now. Still a rawer Simmons.

Mr. Body
04-16-2017, 05:41 PM
They're both shitty, but Forbes is a three point threat. QED.

SAGirl
04-16-2017, 07:08 PM
To me this is a perfect rationalization for choosing Forbes over Murray. Still I am not sure it is the best decision. Moreover, it explains why Pop would go with Forbes in the playoffs, but I still wonder about Murray's inactivity for that long of a stretch at the end of the season. I am not completely convinced that it was a groin/hip injury. It seems to have taken Dijon an inordinate length of time to recover from his injury. Makes me a little suspicious.
Nah. not for me.
He really got injured worse than they thought.
He didn't play at all the last month, barely at all after the AS game. You just wouldn't be able to know how he'd play at all without any garbage time reps with teammates at all.

It was unfortunate. His season was basically over with the injury. I saw in twitter that it was a pelvic bone at some point so it wasn't just a groin thing.

SAGirl
04-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Also, yeah for the guy who mentioned the junk time experience... it couldn't hurt to get him some if there are any to be had. Maybe Pop will switch him with Forbes or alternate, but I also would not be surprised if he doesn't.

dabom
04-16-2017, 07:17 PM
Murray definitely needs the time in the Playoffs for next year. Forbes isn't a cog for the future, but Pop was playing his best bet to win yesterday. Pop will give Murray garbage minutes if it allows. These are the playoffs after all.

DeRozan m8
04-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Hopefully Murray works on his D this summer. Actually, he should get with Anderson or whomever Kyle got with. Imagine if DeJounte could learn how to use length and timing like Kyle can while still having his athleticism.

WHAT?

Murray needs to stay as far away from Anderson as humanly possible.

palangi
04-16-2017, 08:31 PM
WHAT?

No joke. I think Kawhi would be the better option. Holy hell

Chinook
04-16-2017, 08:55 PM
WHAT?

:rolleyes I hope Murray doesn't think like you do. That Kyle "Molasses" Anderson can be as good on that end as he is takes a number of mental tricks and a great feel for the game on that end. You better believe Murray could stand to learn from Slowmo.

skulls138
04-17-2017, 12:18 AM
Slo-mo and Murray.....thats some length. If they can work well together.....and learn to shoot.....lookout.

poop
04-17-2017, 04:41 PM

This is exactly right. Idk what is wrong with the other poptards on this thread... murray looks like a young tony parker, but with more length. Is he raw? Of course he is. But everyone seems to be underestimating the value of being able to break down a defense, something murray has shown exceptional ability to do. He can get to the rim at will and has shown decent finishing ability already. Forbes has shown some promise, but a backup pg is his absolute ceiling. Murray has serious potential...

I hope this isnt another classic case of pop falling in love with jaque vaughn or matt booner while better options sit on the bench and rot.

tholdren
04-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Murray needs burn in the next 3 rds, when sa needs scoring. if Murray plays against gsw spurs will win, but I could see poop playing dedmon, gasol, parker, lee, green at the same time.

duncan2k5
04-17-2017, 11:31 PM
Murray needs burn in the next 3 rds, when sa needs scoring. if Murray plays against gsw spurs will win, but I could see poop playing dedmon, gasol, parker, lee, green at the same time.

I agree...we NEED Murray vs the warriors

SequSpur
04-19-2017, 11:19 PM
forbes is bad ass..fo

UNT Eagles 2016
04-20-2017, 09:47 AM
Murray has Shaun Livingston style game which really translates well into the playoffs. Still don't get why Livingston never learned to shoot from 3 unlike anyone else, he might be the only non- three point shooting guard left in any NBA team's rotation, tbh.

MarCowMar
04-20-2017, 11:46 AM
I hope it's just a health issue because it kills me to not see Murray getting at least a few garbage time minutes in the playoffs.

rjv
04-20-2017, 12:10 PM
:rolleyes I hope Murray doesn't think like you do. That Kyle "Molasses" Anderson can be as good on that end as he is takes a number of mental tricks and a great feel for the game on that end. You better believe Murray could stand to learn from Slowmo. slomo has a high basketball IQ if nothing else. and that's not discounting the value of such an asset, either.

dabom
04-20-2017, 12:15 PM
Slomo does not have a high bbiq faggot. :lmao

DPG21920
04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Slomo does not have a high bbiq faggot. :lmao

Why do you just go around posting garabage and calling everyone fa**ot? It's annoying as hell.

rjv
04-20-2017, 12:34 PM
Why do you just go around posting garabage and calling everyone fa**ot? It's annoying as hell. fag discourse typically suggests a self-assurance of one's masculinity (usually associated with adolescents in high school). the more one uses it the more that individual requires such assurance. either that, or a very limited vocabulary.

dabom
04-20-2017, 05:37 PM
fag discourse typically suggests a self-assurance of one's masculinity (usually associated with adolescents in high school). the more one uses it the more that individual requires such assurance. either that, or a very limited vocabulary.

My vocabulary is higher than yours, faggot. :lmao

dabom
04-20-2017, 05:38 PM
Why do you just go around posting garabage and calling everyone fa**ot? It's annoying as hell.

You don't need to read it. :lol :tu

dabom
04-20-2017, 05:59 PM
fag discourse typically suggests a self-assurance of one's masculinity (usually associated with adolescents in high school). the more one uses it the more that individual requires such assurance. either that, or a very limited vocabulary.

You used the word incorrectly, and then the post was deleted. MOD? :lol

rjv
04-20-2017, 06:01 PM
My vocabulary is higher than yours, faggot. :lmao i was just making a generalized observation; only you would know if it was tautological.

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:01 PM
And then you post the comment. :wow

:lol

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:03 PM
i was just making a generalized observation; only you would know if it was tautological.

FYI, you're using the word wrong. :tu

rjv
04-20-2017, 06:04 PM
You used the word incorrectly, and then the post was deleted. MOD? :lol what word? antecedent?

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:05 PM
what word? antecedent?

tautological

rjv
04-20-2017, 06:06 PM
And then you post the comment. :wow

:lol now that's tautology in the grammatical sense (the first one, by the way, was tautology as in formal logic).

rjv
04-20-2017, 06:07 PM
tautological

do i really have to be didactic about this?

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:08 PM
now that's tautology in the grammatical sense (the first one, by the way, was tautology as in formal logic).

Doesn't matter what form. You're using it wrong. And I'm not gonna be an english teacher and solve that for you. :lol

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:10 PM
And by the way, unless there was a skip in the matrix, you somehow deleted your earlier comment. MOD MUCH? :lmao

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:11 PM
I have a reply from you on my replies tab, but you deleted your comment. :lol

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Hey dude can you bold me? K thanks.

rjv
04-20-2017, 06:20 PM
Doesn't matter what form. You're using it wrong. And I'm not gonna be an english teacher and solve that for you. :lol i simply made an observation of your propensity to engage in fag discourse, which is just a sociologically observed pattern among high school boys. you retorted with fag discourse. my initial observation was merely generalized. whether or not, in your case, the statement "dabom engages in fag discourse because he is deficient in his masculinity" is true in every possible interpretation (i.e., tautological) is only something you would know.

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:21 PM
Again, you're using it wrong. :lmao

rjv
04-20-2017, 06:22 PM
Again, you're using it wrong. :lmao well you can take it up with wittgenstein or quine if you're convinced of that.

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:26 PM
well you can take it up with wittgenstein or quine if you're convinced of that.

This guy is a MOD.

You can tell when he completely ignores the assertion. :lol

rjv
04-20-2017, 06:30 PM
This guy is a MOD.

You can tell when he completely ignores the assertion. :lol see now that proposition is not tautological. it just begs the question.

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:31 PM
I take that back.

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:33 PM
I have evidence because it shows you replied on my "replies tab". :lol

Keep sweating. :lol

dabom
04-20-2017, 06:33 PM
But now it;s deleted. :lol

gambit1990
04-21-2017, 01:00 PM
forbes being active over murray is backwards. shouldn't happen again.