PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Club still deciding on starting point guard

ducks
10-13-2005, 11:03 AM
Lakers: Club still deciding on starting point guard

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com
Thursday, October 13, 2005

News
The Lakers are undecided about who will be the starter at the point guard position—something that injuries clearly haven't helped clarify. Forward Luke Walton was a candidate until he severely strained his hamstring on Tuesday. Guard Smush Parker didn't exactly earn rave reviews from coach Phil Jackson following the team's first preseason game. The team has even considered playing forward Lamar Odom at point forward if necessary. The only other realistic option is free agent signee Aaron McKie, who is still trying to get a grasp on the Lakers intricate triangle offense. "It's taking some time, but I think for the most part I've gotten it down to where I need to be," McKie told the Los Angeles Times. "It's just some of the smaller details that I'm going to need to learn."

Views
KcKie is clearly the most seasoned option at the point guard spot and should be who the Lakers inevitably settle on. If an offense with players like Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom, it's safe to assume whoever holds down the point will be a decent source of assists for fantasy owners.