PDA

View Full Version : Dubbies had more trouble with a worse team

UNT Eagles 2016
04-16-2017, 10:01 PM
Game was tied after 3. They had to play their guys the whole way against an inexperienced team who doesn't play defense and is missing their rock on the inside... etc.

I think we can take these fuckers in 6 if we both make the WCF.

Chews
04-16-2017, 10:14 PM
We match up very differently with the dubs than the blazers.

Mr. Body
04-16-2017, 10:26 PM
Jump shooting teams struggle in the playoffs, even extremely good ones.

Darius Bieber
04-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Warriors were barely playing at 50%, meanwhile the backcourt of Portland were unconscious the first three quarters AND they still lost by double digits. Warriors will sweep them easily.

cutewizard
04-16-2017, 10:40 PM
Look to Portland to get at least one game or two.......

Then the Clippers or Jazz shall press them in the second round,

I do not fear the Warriors.....................

Amuseddaysleeper
04-16-2017, 10:41 PM
Houston can probably beat the Spurs, Spurs struggled with both Portland and OKC. OKC got annihilated by the Rockets.

cutewizard
04-16-2017, 10:48 PM
Nah, ...........

Pop's coaching staff against Dantoni??

Ill take Pop, Messina, Becky and company............

skulls138
04-16-2017, 11:11 PM
Jump shooting teams struggle in the playoffs, even extremely good ones.GSW beat us by going inside first which opened up the outside. There outside shooting gets the headlines but Curry is a good layup guy too.

Having said that....WHO CARES WE'RE PLAYING THE GRIZZLIES!!!

spurs10
04-16-2017, 11:15 PM
GSW beat us by going inside first which opened up the outside. There outside shooting gets the headlines but Curry is a good layup guy too.

Having said that....WHO CARES WE'RE PLAYING THE GRIZZLIES!!! Haha! Yeah might be smart to take care of business! I do think Memphis will come back with a lot of fire! Anyone who thinks that's over s wrong. They are actually a great test for getting us ready for the next rounds.
:flag:

sananspursfan21
04-16-2017, 11:27 PM
The Warriors often have the luxury of watching their opponent self destruct when they go on a run. Portland panicked. They seemed patient the first three quarters and chipped away. Once the Warriors hit a little stride, you saw the Blazers start to chuck up shots and get really desperate. Started turning the ball over nervously. Not that they're a real quality team, but it looked to me like they abandoned what kept the game so close in the first place.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-16-2017, 11:34 PM
The Warriors often have the luxury of watching their opponent self destruct when they go on a run. Portland panicked. They seemed patient the first three quarters and chipped away. Once the Warriors hit a little stride, you saw the Blazers start to chuck up shots and get really desperate. Started turning the ball over nervously. Not that they're a real quality team, but it looked to me like they abandoned what kept the game so close in the first place.
Yep, can't win a road game against a superior team talent-wise if you're trying to beat them at their game. Got to remain smart and methodical in your half court offense and work to get the best shots, either something at the rim or a wide open outside shot. GSW's defense counts on this self implosion as you said; they're not the shutdown type who can make it tough for the most disciplined offenses.

In order to beat a team like GSW you have to maximize, maximize, maximize, you can't waste ANY possessions, a missed shot after good execution is one thing (that is normal; if you play your percentages you should be fine there) but the easiest way to lose is to start panicking and jacking up dumb shit and driving out of control 1-on-3 and turning it over any time the Warriors go on a 6-0 run.

That's where the Utah Jazz and Quin Snyder come into play. Gobert if healthy will be the best big man in the series, and their slow-paced, shot-selection driven offense will make the Warriors defense look like swiss cheese most of the type if they can stay disciplined and avoid wasting possessions on poor shots and bad turnovers, which I trust Quin Snyder and company far more than anyone on the Blazers to do. Also, the Jazz have the best defense in the league, and we all know the Blazers are bottom half leaguewide.

Jazz in 6 IS a possibility if and only if they keep to their guns and discipline as they pride themselves on.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-16-2017, 11:38 PM
Look to Portland to get at least one game or two.......

Then the Clippers or Jazz shall press them in the second round,

I do not fear the Warriors.....................
Portland will get ONE game, that's it. Game 3 or 4 likely with Lillard just exploding and big media raving over him, only for the Warriors to win by 20+ in a decisive game 5.

The Blazers just don't have enough discipline or defense to hang.

Hoops Czar
04-17-2017, 12:20 AM
Jump shooting teams struggle in the playoffs, even extremely good ones.

Not today. GS shot 53% and 41% from three. :lol

BatManu20
04-17-2017, 12:23 AM
Blazers will likely get swept, and they have a damn good backcourt.

tmtcsc
04-17-2017, 12:41 AM
No one will beat the Warriors playing the Dubs tempo & style.

DeRozan m8
04-17-2017, 01:15 AM
Doesn't mean anything tbh

Spurs da champs
04-17-2017, 01:18 AM
Blazers will likely get swept, and they have a damn good backcourt.

Everyone else just stunk today. It's a shame that Nurkic is hurt.

Spur|n|Austin
04-17-2017, 02:04 AM
Nah, ...........

Pop's coaching staff against Dantoni??

Ill take Pop, Messina, Becky and company............

Uriel
04-17-2017, 05:07 AM
By the same logic, the Rockets beat a stronger opponent by the same margin as we did so they should beat us in the second round.

boutons_deux
04-17-2017, 05:29 AM
Blazers were in the game only because of not one but two players having unusually hot hands. Won't happen again. Sweep

cutewizard
04-17-2017, 06:24 AM
Yep, can't win a road game against a superior team talent-wise if you're trying to beat them at their game. Got to remain smart and methodical in your half court offense and work to get the best shots, either something at the rim or a wide open outside shot. GSW's defense counts on this self implosion as you said; they're not the shutdown type who can make it tough for the most disciplined offenses.

In order to beat a team like GSW you have to maximize, maximize, maximize, you can't waste ANY possessions, a missed shot after good execution is one thing (that is normal; if you play your percentages you should be fine there) but the easiest way to lose is to start panicking and jacking up dumb shit and driving out of control 1-on-3 and turning it over any time the Warriors go on a 6-0 run.

That's where the Utah Jazz and Quin Snyder come into play. Gobert if healthy will be the best big man in the series, and their slow-paced, shot-selection driven offense will make the Warriors defense look like swiss cheese most of the type if they can stay disciplined and avoid wasting possessions on poor shots and bad turnovers, which I trust Quin Snyder and company far more than anyone on the Blazers to do. Also, the Jazz have the best defense in the league, and we all know the Blazers are bottom half leaguewide.

Jazz in 6 IS a possibility if and only if they keep to their guns and discipline as they pride themselves on.

-------------------------------------------------------------

This.

May it be.

May Gobert heal in time........

Chinook
04-17-2017, 06:26 AM

So much this. The only teams to beat GS twice this year are SA and Memphis. You can get lucky for a game by outscoring them, maybe. But no one is going to be the Warriors better than the Warriors

sananspursfan21
04-17-2017, 08:09 AM

That's also why I remain confident about our guys in a series with the Drubs. I'm not even expecting the Jazz to beat them if they beat the Clips. I just want them to beat up on the Warriors and make them a little nervous

SupremeGuy
04-17-2017, 08:24 AM
There is hope.

http://basketballsocietyonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Kawhi-Leonard.jpg

$pursDynasty
04-17-2017, 08:43 AM
In the NBA it is all about matchups. The Thunderrefs and the Clips give us fits but the Dubs beat them both like a drum, however the Grizz give the Dubs problems and we can beat the Grizz any time we really want to. The Cavs are in the Dubs head but (unless driven by the revenge machine) the Spurs handle the Cavs easier than the Dubs do.

tmtcsc
04-17-2017, 01:01 PM
To beat GS, I believe teams have to:

1. Limit turnovers / protect the ball
2. Out-rebound them (to limit GS shot attempts) and slow down the pace of the game.
3. Play disciplined basketball & maximize opportunities (This is a GS weakness. They will give you the ball back because they like to showboat / play loose with their passes.) This means making good passes and limiting alley-oop attempts to "sure-things".
4. Play a half-court game (as opposed to trying to score too fast in transition).

The last Spurs / Warriors game was strange. They gave the DUBS so many easy layups it was disgusting. I'd rather GS take lower percentage 3 point attempts with defenders in the vicinity.

spurraider21
04-17-2017, 01:13 PM
So much this. The only teams to beat GS twice this year are SA and Memphis. You can get lucky for a game by outscoring them, maybe. But no one is going to be the Warriors better than the Warriors
I don't see how you beat them without outscoring them tbh

Chinook
04-17-2017, 01:19 PM
I don't see how you beat them without outscoring them tbh

Force them to forfeit by framing them for PEDs?

BillMc
04-17-2017, 02:34 PM
Blazers were in the game only because of not one but two players having unusually hot hands. Won't happen again. Sweep

These

SpursBig3s
04-17-2017, 03:08 PM
To beat GS, I believe teams have to:

1. Limit turnovers / protect the ball
2. Out-rebound them (to limit GS shot attempts) and slow down the pace of the game.
3. Play disciplined basketball & maximize opportunities (This is a GS weakness. They will give you the ball back because they like to showboat / play loose with their passes.) This means making good passes and limiting alley-oop attempts to "sure-things".
4. Play a half-court game (as opposed to trying to score too fast in transition).

The last Spurs / Warriors game was strange. They gave the DUBS so many easy layups it was disgusting. I'd rather GS take lower percentage 3 point attempts with defenders in the vicinity.

Agreed. If they beat us with making contested 3s, then fine. Whatever