PDA

View Full Version : Will Manu ever score a single point again?

DAF86
04-17-2017, 10:59 PM
Imho, I'd have to say no.

vander
04-17-2017, 11:00 PM
possibly via free throw

ElNono
04-17-2017, 11:00 PM
I voted yes, homer vote, tbh

Play Boban
04-17-2017, 11:02 PM
:lol

TMTTRIO
04-17-2017, 11:02 PM
I wish they didn't still rely on him to play.

in2deep
04-17-2017, 11:07 PM
He could if we are ahead by 30 and he plays vs scrubs

Play Boban
04-17-2017, 11:08 PM
How embarrassing must it be for Porker to have Poop have his ass glued to the bench to close out the game? :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-17-2017, 11:14 PM
How embarrassing must it be for Porker to have Poop have his ass glued to the bench to close out the game? :lol
That's his rotation retard.

1Q 12:00-6:00
2Q 12:00-6:00
3Q 12:00-6:00
4Q 12:00-6:00

Play Boban
04-17-2017, 11:16 PM
That's his rotation retard.

1Q 12:00-6:00
2Q 12:00-6:00
3Q 12:00-6:00
4Q 12:00-6:00
I know, but he's basically a bench player if he's not closing out games. Embarrassing for a guy in his mid 30s tbh.

FkLA
04-17-2017, 11:16 PM

timtonymanu
04-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Still waiting for t Mac to score his first point as a Spur.

Play Boban
04-17-2017, 11:18 PM
Still waiting for t Mac to score his first point as a Spur.
:lmao

Brazil
04-18-2017, 07:05 AM

cutewizard
04-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Spurs fans have to be the most..........

(what's the best word.......)

HARD TO PLEASE FANS IN THE WHOLE WORLD????

Brazil
04-18-2017, 07:10 AM
Another one could be will Patty ever score 20 pts in a PO game ?

cd98
04-18-2017, 07:41 AM
Manu is due for a 11 to 12 point game on the road.

Canyonero
04-18-2017, 09:01 AM
No, he's done. TOSBili tbh.

Ship him and Parker.

NameLess Scrub
04-18-2017, 09:29 AM
No, he's done. TOSBili tbh.

Ship him and Parker.

They'll resign Manu for 20 mil next year, tbh.

Play Boban
04-18-2017, 09:32 AM

Well deserved. :bobo

Fireball
04-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Yes ...

Strategic
04-18-2017, 09:34 AM
Sure he will, and can't wait for another "Manu dagger" post.

Canyonero
04-18-2017, 09:39 AM

Key move so we can get Westbrook in 2018 imho.

Play Boban
04-18-2017, 09:40 AM
Next time Manure scores someone will bump the Ditka couldn't have stopped Manu tonight thread tbh. :lol

urunobili
04-18-2017, 09:43 AM
Next time Manure scores someone will bump the Ditka couldn't have stopped Manu tonight thread tbh. :lol:lmao

SAGirl
04-18-2017, 11:00 AM
Hmmm I had a jinx omen about this thread but not the way you expect.
If he were to get injured... he wouldn't score a single point in any other game b4 possible retirement.

bklynspursfan
04-18-2017, 11:10 AM
Of course he will

phxspurfan
04-18-2017, 11:38 AM
Funny I was recording a video of the game action from my seat to send to a friend and I had to stop recording bc it was a manu turnover.

Paid over 300 bucks to see manu throw the other team the ball

Splits
04-18-2017, 12:11 PM
Funny I was recording a video of the game action from my seat to send to a friend and I had to stop recording bc it was a manu turnover.

Paid over 300 bucks to see manu throw the other team the ball

At least you didn't have to pay to watch 8 of them in Miami. Or his retard foul on Dirk. Or failing to guard Fisher on 0.4. Cost this franchise so many chips

rjv
04-18-2017, 12:30 PM
well he did say the playoffs don't mean the same thing for him anymore.

DPG21920
04-18-2017, 01:15 PM
Manu played hard but his shot really comes and goes and even more than TP he's lost that step for getting into the lane consistently. He played really hard last night though especially on defense.

BSfromTX
04-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Without a doubt, the worst thread of spurs talk history.

Bunch of ungrateful juveniles

FkLA
04-18-2017, 01:43 PM
The most hilarious sequence was when the the crowd started chanting his name after he drew a foul on an offensive rebound, then followed it up with a classic Manu turnover. :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Getting outscored by everyone on the team, even Deadman who is averaging 1.0PPG smh :lol

Played good defense yesterday though

UNT Eagles 2016
04-18-2017, 01:49 PM
In the regular season? No

TheGreatYacht
04-18-2017, 01:49 PM
At least you didn't have to pay to watch 8 of them in Miami. Or his retard foul on Dirk. Or failing to guard Fisher on 0.4. Cost this franchise so many chips
Ho Lee Shit :lmao :wow

UNT Eagles 2016
04-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Getting outscored by everyone on the team, even Deadman who is averaging 1.0PPG smh :lol

Played good defense yesterday though

Well he's tied with Timmy, so there's that

DAF86
04-18-2017, 01:53 PM
The most hilarious sequence was when the the crowd started chanting his name after he drew a foul on an offensive rebound, then followed it up with a classic Manu turnover. :lol

I was like: "Duuude, all you needed to do was make a simple pass and it would have been a beatiful moment". :lol

DPG21920
04-18-2017, 01:59 PM
It was cool being there though. Crowd was great but moments like the Manu TO or all the missed shots prevented the fans from really going crazy. There were a lot of those missed moments despite dominating majority of game.

I. Hustle
04-18-2017, 02:37 PM
It was cool being there though. Crowd was great but moments like the Manu TO or all the missed shots prevented the fans from really going crazy. There were a lot of those missed moments despite dominating majority of game.

I was there too. At the end of the game we were hanging out in the HEB Fanzone. Some drunk guy was all pissed off telling me and my friends that there is no way that "we" (Spurs) can lose a 20 point lead like that and expect to beat the Rockets. "They're going to kick our ass!"

Dude went on and on and seemed really angry. I told him, "Why are you yelling at me, bro? We are on the same side."

I guess I told that story to see if that was you.

DPG21920
04-18-2017, 02:38 PM
I was there too. At the end of the game we were hanging out in the HEB Fanzone. Some drunk guy was all pissed off telling me and my friends that there is no way that "we" (Spurs) can lose a 20 point lead like that and expect to beat the Rockets. "They're going to kick our ass!"

Dude went on and on and seemed really angry. I told him, "Why are you yelling at me, bro? We are on the same side."

I guess I told that story to see if that was you.

Lol Do I ever seem that mad at SA?

I. Hustle
04-18-2017, 02:42 PM
Lol Do I ever seem that mad at SA?

I don't know. The guy just really threw me off. Especially since we were winning and he was still upset. I figured that he HAD to be a Spurstalk member.

I hadn't eaten since breakfast and went and grabbed some Slider Provider at half time but if I hadn't eaten those sliders, I probably would have been right there with that guy.

DPG21920
04-18-2017, 02:46 PM
I don't know. The guy just really threw me off. Especially since we were winning and he was still upset. I figured that he HAD to be a Spurstalk member.

I hadn't eaten since breakfast and went and grabbed some Slider Provider at half time but if I hadn't eaten those sliders, I probably would have been right there with that guy.

Oh yea, it was probably Robz tbh..But I'm pretty much talking people off the ledge on here the majority of the time (to no avail).

dabom
04-18-2017, 03:09 PM

Was he a midget?

dabom
04-18-2017, 03:10 PM

Funny thing was some ST posters were mad we only had a 20 point lead at the half. :lmao

Dex
04-18-2017, 03:11 PM
Should we start on over/under on Turnovers vs. Points?

I. Hustle
04-18-2017, 03:21 PM
Funny thing was some ST posters were mad we only had a 20 point lead at the half. :lmao

Well he wasn't a midget. He was just some drunk older dude.

Yeah, people at the game were mad that we only won by 16. I was like WTF?

DAF86
04-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Sup?

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Simmons NEEDS those minutes. Was great today

kaji157
04-21-2017, 12:19 AM
No, Never Again.

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 12:34 AM
well so far counts continues to be 0

The Whopper
04-21-2017, 12:37 AM
NY Met Willie Mays thinks Manu hung on too long.

sasaint
04-21-2017, 12:39 AM
Pop will not abandon Manu completely, and even Manu can draw shooting fouls.

But for all those ST posters who want the Spurs to bring back Manu for even 1 second or 1 cent: please feel free to move to Argentina if you do not already live there.

Hoops Czar
04-21-2017, 12:43 AM
He clearly could have used more rest during the regular season. Damn you Pop.

UZER
04-21-2017, 07:05 AM
This thread started as a joke but now it's legit, like Apollo Creed vs Drago.

rjv
04-21-2017, 09:41 AM
manu had two airballs last night. i think the question can now become: will manu ever hit the rim again?

Poolboy5623
04-21-2017, 10:02 AM
14 million lol!!!

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 10:27 AM
heh Timmy Duncan had more fight on no knees last season.
I hope that either Manu gets it together or that if he doesn't Pop is brave enough to realize father time finally caught up with his "bar of soap" and it's time to scale back those minutes.

bklynspursfan
04-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Manu had a pretty good regular season, I think that's fair to say right? Amazing, he's had a few games where he's struggling, and people are overreacting as usual.

Conversely, TP struggled much of the regular season, and after his first 2 games, people loved him suddenly.

Some guys are better matchups for different teams. TP could struggle next round and Manu could be great, then there will be no more "he needs to retire!" talk. He's too much of a competitor to not bounce back.

UZER
04-21-2017, 11:03 AM
Manu had a pretty good regular season, I think that's fair to say right? Amazing, he's had a few games where he's struggling, and people are overreacting as usual.

Conversely, TP struggled much of the regular season, and after his first 2 games, people loved him suddenly.

Some guys are better matchups for different teams. TP could struggle next round and Manu could be great, then there will be no more "he needs to retire!" talk. He's too much of a competitor to not bounce back.

He needs to retire.

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 11:05 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ea/38/eb/ea38eb74a8c27e84b30ee54af664cc2a.jpg

He needs to retire even if he does have a bounce back game where he makes a few shots. Having a bounce back game just justifies him keeping his minutes at this point.

I have called Tony done b4. I was happy as a bee that he had 2 good games. It does show how when Tony plays well the team looks very different. When Tony struggles it's very hard to overcome, but Manu is less important to the team right this moment and his minutes could more easily go to someone else. Considering Pop, he may just shorten Manu's leash, but he will get an opportunity to get out of this rut.

bklynspursfan
04-21-2017, 11:11 AM
I'm not one to say whether he needs to retire, only Manu knows if he Needs to. What if he's willing to stay and play even fewer minutes and be more of a guide on the bench to some younger guys? No one can say if he Needs to. You may want him to, but that's different.

I mean if he played an amazing games 1-3, I doubt people are talking about he needs to retire. Like how many people said he needs to retire after 2013?

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 11:26 AM
I'm not one to say whether he needs to retire, only Manu knows if he Needs to. What if he's willing to stay and play even fewer minutes and be more of a guide on the bench to some younger guys? No one can say if he Needs to. You may want him to, but that's different.

I mean if he played an amazing games 1-3, I doubt people are talking about he needs to retire. Like how many people said he needs to retire after 2013?
There have been guys saying he needs to retire the entire season.
I think it's time. He has nothing left to give at this point. He's on fumes and he's taking playing time from players that are hungrier than he is.

HOpefully he's upset with himself and will come back with some fire. If he doesn't, one has to seriously consider benching him and not as a trolling move, but for real. It would be a shock bc much as I like the younger players they also were deprived of an entire season's worth of playing time to develop their confidence and their games bc Manu was playing those minutes instead to now look done in the playoffs. That is what we are looking at.

UZER
04-21-2017, 11:32 AM

Shhhhh.... It's time.

bklynspursfan
04-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Shhhhh.... It's time.

lol.. I guess we'll see. I will say, if we had another reliable ball handler where Manu could just shoot the ball and facilitate less, that would've helped tremendously. He had to do far too much this season

rjv
04-21-2017, 12:49 PM
hell, paul pierce has been better in the playoffs than manu has been. and vince carter has been exponentially better.

kaji157
04-21-2017, 01:26 PM
LOL at the overreaction, its been 3 games, he took 9 shots, missed them all.
Was not needed during the first two games, and barely played in the third one.

And something else, those who prefer Manu to play all out now, and not later are plain and simple losers, you need to win this series no matter how Manu does, he will be needed later when the usual suspects shrink under pressure.

dabom
04-21-2017, 01:27 PM

And something else, those who prefer Manu to play all out now, and not later are plain and simple losers, you need to win this series no matter how Manu does, he will be needed later when the usual suspects shrink under pressure.

Shit porker missed more in a row in one Finals game I remember. :lol

rjv
04-21-2017, 04:02 PM

And something else, those who prefer Manu to play all out now, and not later are plain and simple losers, you need to win this series no matter how Manu does, he will be needed later when the usual suspects shrink under pressure. it's not just the missed shots. it's his presence on the court. even last season there was a certain steadiness that manu would consistently bring to the game (he even did this occasionally this season), but that has not been evident as of late or in this series. last night he just seemed too frantic and almost eager to get rid of the ball, and the three which he missed so badly was a wide open three that he missed because he hesitated to take the shot. that reeks of a lack of confidence in his offense. yes, he'll still hustle and get a rebound or a loose ball but not sure that is enough to justify his presence on the court in light of the other deficiencies. he is manu though and he has always been able to get back with that game where you see that championship persona, but whereas before i was sure we would get that i am now just hopeful we will.

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 04:32 PM

There is no such thing. If you are in the rotation you need to come to play.
This loss was not on Manu. Others played poorly, specially the bigs. Lee was terrible on defense for example. Pau too, he missed many easy shots, and gave things on defense as well. Dedmon: the team needs him to play better than what he's doing out there. He's been making too many silly mistakes when in reality the team needs him bc Lee can't guard any of their bigs except maybe J.Green (and probably not very well)... That loss was not on Manu frankly. But that is just it, Manu can't just save himself for later either. If he doesn't play right now Spurs could underachieve, and one has to consider benching him the rest of the way, bc it's unfair to his teammates if they are playing well in this round in his stead, not to mention it won't work well for his confidence.

I expect Manu to be better next game. If he isn't, Pop really needs to look at Simmons, Anderson and possibly Murray depending on what's going on in the court.

cd98
04-21-2017, 05:05 PM
Manu has been pretty bad, but it's not like he's shooting 15 times and getting zero points. Pop went away from him in the last game, tho.

DPG21920
04-21-2017, 05:51 PM
Manu has to look to score. Passing up attempts or just flat out bricking open ones is massive.

Manus value is not typically tied to scoring but in a series where there aren't going to be a ton of assists Manu has to score some.

kaji157
04-21-2017, 06:19 PM
There is no such thing. If you are in the rotation you need to come to play.
This loss was not on Manu. Others played poorly, specially the bigs. Lee was terrible on defense for example. Pau too, he missed many easy shots, and gave things on defense as well. Dedmon: the team needs him to play better than what he's doing out there. He's been making too many silly mistakes when in reality the team needs him bc Lee can't guard any of their bigs except maybe J.Green (and probably not very well)... That loss was not on Manu frankly. But that is just it, Manu can't just save himself for later either. If he doesn't play right now Spurs could underachieve, and one has to consider benching him the rest of the way, bc it's unfair to his teammates if they are playing well in this round in his stead, not to mention it won't work well for his confidence.

I expect Manu to be better next game. If he isn't, Pop really needs to look at Simmons, Anderson and possibly Murray depending on what's going on in the court.

I think if you can play those players over Manu against real competition then pop should do it. I just suspect that it won't be the case most often than not. Aside from Anderson who performed well the first two games, Murray and Simmons just had their best performance during the last three minutes of the game when Memphis threw the scrubs in.
Manu has, again, had a lot more workload than we all wanted all year because the usual suspects took weeks and months off during the season. Whether it was because of clubbing, mental issues, not coming into shape or suspect injuries.

Spurtacular
04-22-2017, 01:12 AM
Turnobili f'd up my first quarter bet, giving the ball away instead of getting a shot for the team.

DeRozan m8
04-22-2017, 03:03 AM
$15m

Fifteen fucking million

ace3g
04-22-2017, 07:30 PM
I hope age is just catching up with Manu because I haven't seen him play this bad for this long of a stretch, in terms of scoring. Hoping he doesn't have some type of injury that he isn't talking about.

Play Boban
04-22-2017, 07:37 PM
Baby steps tbh. His second missed three point attempt wasn't too far off at least. :lol

vander
04-22-2017, 07:38 PM
Perhaps he should rest every other game, or every away game. he is only hurting the Spurs the way he's playing now, he's worse than kyle Anderson.

hater
04-22-2017, 07:41 PM
:lmao I could have scored already in this series :lmao

Holy shit this guy is finished

Splits
04-22-2017, 07:54 PM
13 scoreless quarters of playoff basketball and counting.

midnightpulp
04-22-2017, 08:06 PM
Jesus Christ he sucks.

:cry I bet he dove for a loose ball though :cry

urunobili
04-22-2017, 08:08 PM
:depressed

Play Boban
04-22-2017, 08:08 PM
0/14

Splits
04-22-2017, 08:09 PM
Jesus Christ he sucks.

midnightpulp
04-22-2017, 08:18 PM

And I don't want to hear the age excuse from his fluffers. 40 year old Vince Carter is out there dropping 11 points on 70% shooting.

ElNono
04-22-2017, 08:18 PM
Manu will score, tbh... if he plays in this second half...

Canyonero
04-22-2017, 08:20 PM

We have to do something tbh.

midnightpulp
04-22-2017, 08:21 PM

He's done.

I understand the gamble, though. Had to roll with him. Not many SG FAs worth picking up out there on market.

ElNono
04-22-2017, 08:22 PM
He's done.

I understand the gamble, though. Had to roll with him. Not many SG FAs worth picking up out there on market.

I never worry about Manu, tbh...

cd98
04-22-2017, 08:31 PM
I feel like I'm rooting for him like he has cancer. I'm rooting not with the hope that he scores to help the Spurs win, but bc he looks so bad that I hate seeing his career ending in front of us.

TheGreatYacht
04-22-2017, 10:09 PM
Jesus Christ he sucks.

Fucking PATFO pandering to their Mexican fan base.

Enough is enough.

SAGirl
04-22-2017, 11:33 PM
I had hoped this game would be it but it wasn't it. what was maybe a troll thread to start ended up being a real issue.

SAGirl
04-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Jesus Christ he sucks.

Not this game...

TheGreatYacht
05-05-2017, 11:07 PM
Most washed player I've ever seen... even Raptors Hakeem had more in him

Clipper Nation
05-09-2017, 10:14 PM
:lmao Porkersuckers, hold this L.

DeRozan m8
07-18-2017, 04:25 PM
Have all you idiots forgotten how bad he was?

He could not score a single fucking point.

TheGreatYacht
07-18-2017, 04:27 PM

:cry he dove for det ball tho :cry

DAF86
07-18-2017, 05:02 PM

Still much better than Simmons, tbh.

DeRozan m8
07-18-2017, 05:21 PM
Still much better than Simmons, tbh.

Yeah okay mate

Stick to your stereotypes and not reality.

DAF86
07-18-2017, 08:47 PM
Yeah okay mate

Reality shows that Manu's numbers are way better than Simmons.

Mikeanaro
07-18-2017, 08:56 PM
Yeah okay mate

Simmons is pretty raw, no court vision passes or good D just good hops, his shooting is nothing spectacular and I wish the best to him, but there is a reason why he was out of every league, not even Europe, tbh.