PDA

View Full Version : 32/33 vs 13/15 .....

UNT Eagles 2016
04-17-2017, 11:20 PM
Let's not act like there wasn't home cooking tonight, :lol Are they just trying to pre-balance it out for when we play the Thunder and/or Warriors?

But yes, the Spurs are the better team regardless.

In the early and middle Duncan era, this would have been 18/33 or something shitty like that. Bank on it.

Although, the 19/19 from Kawhi reminds me of the time Duncan made 15/15 against the Suns. Next game, iirc he was 2/11 or something like that :lol

8FOR!3
04-17-2017, 11:24 PM
Uhh or maybe their game plan against Kawhi just resulted in a lot of fouls bc they couldn't stop him? And yeah but Kawhi's a much better FT shooter than Duncan was.

FkLA
04-17-2017, 11:24 PM
How the fuck was it home cooking? It's not like it was a bunch of phantom fouls on shots. Most of them weren't even shooting fouls, it just so happened that the Grizzlies played pretty stupid and were in the penalty for long stretches.

DAF86
04-17-2017, 11:27 PM
Grizzlies tried to up the defensive pressure and commited more fouls as a result, tbh.

04-17-2017, 11:28 PM
missed the game, but aren't the Grizzlies all about being physical? Quick look on bball ref and they rank 29th in fouls/pg...while spurs rank 7th.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Grizzlies tried to up the defensive pressure and commited more fouls as a result, tbh.

Well the Heat in the Lebron era trapped all the damn time and they never got this many called against them??

UNT Eagles 2016
04-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Uhh or maybe their game plan against Kawhi just resulted in a lot of fouls bc they couldn't stop him? And yeah but Kawhi's a much better FT shooter than Duncan was.

Looks like nobody is buying Pop a new car this year. :D

DAF86
04-17-2017, 11:33 PM
Well the Heat in the Lebron era trapped all the damn time and they never got this many called against them??

The Heat did it by design, they did it smartly, with studied movements. Grizzlies just went full bully, desperation mode.

Pissdale losing his shit on the press conference. :lol

dabom
04-17-2017, 11:34 PM
They were all fouls. I'm impartial too.

GSH
04-17-2017, 11:35 PM

:lol

spurraider21
04-17-2017, 11:36 PM
trying to defend kawhi one on one with vince carter :lol

Horse
04-17-2017, 11:36 PM
Fuck jizzdale who even knows who this clown is.

GSH
04-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Although, the 19/19 from Kawhi reminds me of the time Duncan made 15/15 against the Suns. Next game, iirc he was 2/11 or something like that :lol

Kawhi's not going to go 2/11 from the line. Not even on a bad night.

dabom
04-17-2017, 11:37 PM
Kawhi is a fucking machine and the grizz can't stop him. It's not the refs.

Dverde
04-17-2017, 11:38 PM
David Jizdale just blew his load at the podium.

blizz
04-17-2017, 11:40 PM
Yeah he did. He's gon' get fined like a mofo and he's definitely not gonna get calls now. That's not the way to do it.

dabom
04-17-2017, 11:41 PM
Yeah he did. He's gon' get fined like a mofo and he's definitely not gonna get calls now. That's not the way to do it.

Best way to lose a series is talk shit about the refs. I mean Pop doesn't even fucking do it when he loses a series because of bad calls. :lol

blizz
04-17-2017, 11:41 PM
He's acting like KL doesn't get to the line. I saw one missed call on Conley. The rest looked fine to me but maybe it's just my homer glasses. You can't just go off of attempts in the paint. If there's no foul there's no foul no matter how many attempts are made from where. That's just stupid. There's nothing that says you should get X amount of FTs if you attempt X amount of FGs from the paint. Stupid. Remember Mark Cuban. Bitch about the refs in that manner, fuck your team. Thanks for the sweep bro.

UZER
04-17-2017, 11:44 PM
The Spurs finally gets calls for once at home and the coach is going to bitch about it.

The warriors get phantom fouls all season long, and nary a peep.

blizz
04-17-2017, 11:45 PM
And el oh el re: jizzdale. Hilarity.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-17-2017, 11:49 PM

Unless you're Phil Jackson, that's how he got half his rings.

04-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Worked for Phil Jackson all the time, and more recently Doc Rivers

UNT Eagles 2016
04-17-2017, 11:50 PM
Best way to lose a series is talk shit about the refs. I mean Pop doesn't even fucking do it when he loses a series because of bad calls. :lol

again, Phil Jackson

daslicer
04-17-2017, 11:54 PM

I wouldn't go that far. Rivers bitched about the refs after the Clippers went down 3-2 to the spurs and the Clippers ended up getting favorable ref treatment for the rest of the series. Donovan bitched about the refs after the Thunder went down 2-1 to the Spurs and the Thunder ended up getting favorable ref treatment for the rest of the series.

blizz
04-17-2017, 11:54 PM
This dude is no Phil Jackson or doc rivers and it's how he did it. Did you see the presser? He was wining like a bitch and was very angry blatantly calling them and the league out and stormed out. Nice try tho.

dabom
04-17-2017, 11:55 PM
The coach dude was talking good but then he slapped the table and remarked and left. Made his whole point look fucking dumb and embarrassing. :lol

sasaint
04-17-2017, 11:56 PM

Refs will swallow their whistles on those same plays in Memphis.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-17-2017, 11:57 PM
https://twitter.com/GrizzliesOnFSSE?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5E serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Twitter feed can't get enough of the refs. It's painfully awkward and unusual for us to be on this side of that coin.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-17-2017, 11:58 PM
This dude is no Phil Jackson or doc rivers and it's how he did it. Did you see the presser? He was wining like a bitch and was very angry blatantly calling them and the league out and stormed out. Nice try tho.
there goes a year of his daughter's tuition money he'll never get back.

Dverde
04-17-2017, 11:58 PM
David Jizzdale, Head Coach of Memphis Jizzlies doesn't need to be good at numbers to see he is down 0-2.

blizz
04-18-2017, 12:02 AM
You look at that feed. Nothing about the refs till they lost. The reason is because during the game other than a call or two it all looked legit. Fair calls during the course of the game based on how they played. Once they lose they look at the stat sheet for excuses and find one. Only then does it become an issue. Bullshit. They had their chance and their time against us. They beat us one year. We retooled and reconstructed to beat them. We haven't lost against them since then in the playoffs. They stood pat and this is the result. Fuck them.

DAF86
04-18-2017, 12:02 AM

You are way too naive if you think that. The best way to get calls is to whine. Refs are human and all that external pressure takes a toll. If you are constantly reminded of something you start to believe it, no matter if it's true or not. Fizdale knew pretty damn well what he was doing in that press conference. Watch the Grizzlies get away with murder in Memphis. Spurs need to be ready.

ElNono
04-18-2017, 12:03 AM

Of course that's the way to do it. Now they're going to their own court, they're going to have a rowdy crowd yelling at the refs and pressuring them to make calls.

blizz
04-18-2017, 12:04 AM
Seriously did you see the presser or are you just going off this? It's HOW he did it.

DMC
04-18-2017, 12:04 AM
Like I said in the 1st quarter: Just get to the rim.

blizz
04-18-2017, 12:05 AM
Some of y'all are morons.

theman21
04-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Grizzlies aren't as talented and are forced to foul to compete...the Spurs played physical and the combination made it seem unfair, like the Spurs were benefiting from calls.

I think in general the refs are wanting to let both teams play physical but they can't allow illegal contact like pushing or obvious hacking. Spurs defense style benefits from this, Grizzlies do not...and like I said it looks unbalanced.

DAF86
04-18-2017, 12:07 AM
Some of y'all are morons.

Dude, just wait and see. You will realize what we are talking about.

Benoit
04-18-2017, 12:10 AM
you guys going to ignore that tim Donaghy literally admitted he rigged games for the Spurs?? lmao

this isnt anything new, been going on since Jim Duncan joined the spurs

blizz
04-18-2017, 12:11 AM
So I agree that in some cases that works. This is different. It didn't look that bad. You can't just sit there and say because we had this many attempts from here we should get this many fts. Bullshit. Then you can't yell and slam tables as a rookie coach either. IF there is a legit case and IF you complain about it tactfully And IF you have garnered some respect yes complaining can help.

dabom
The laker fans talking about rigged games. :lmao

Benoit
fvkKdXLwt0U

UNT Eagles 2016
Of course that's the way to do it. Now they're going to their own court, they're going to have a rowdy crowd yelling at the refs and pressuring them to make calls.

They haven't beaten us in a single playoff game in franchise history over the course of 5 playoff series, except those 4 awful games in 2011.

blizz
04-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Says the guy whose team gets a call if curry is looked at the wrong way. Lol. Fuck you.

daslicer
04-18-2017, 12:14 AM
you guys going to ignore that tim Donaghy literally admitted he rigged games for the Spurs?? lmao

this isnt anything new, been going on since Jim Duncan joined the spurs

Kool I'm shocked to see you with the epic meltdown. I just wonder how big your meltdown is going to be when the Lakers don't get a top 3 pick.

UZER
04-18-2017, 12:18 AM
Kool I'm shocked to see you with the epic meltdown. I just wonder how big your meltdown is going to be when the Lakers don't get a top 3 pick.

He won't care. He's a warriors fan now.

daslicer
04-18-2017, 12:21 AM
He won't care. He's a warriors fan now.

He's a Laker troll trying to ride the Warriors bandwagon.

phxspurfan
04-18-2017, 12:31 AM

Same. I was there in the 3rd row and saw every one. All legit

dabom
04-18-2017, 12:35 AM
Same. I was there in the 3rd row and saw every one. All legit

:tu

Going to sleep now.

Laughing Gravy
04-18-2017, 12:40 AM
Member when Dallas shot 51/52 from the line against us in the playoffs? Membeeeerrrr?????

Ice009
04-18-2017, 12:52 AM
Member when Dallas shot 51/52 from the line against us in the playoffs? Membeeeerrrr?????

Yes I do. I think that was 2003 playoffs if I recall correctly. Game 2?

spurs10
04-18-2017, 01:23 AM
I guess when your name is Jizzdale you are expected to blow your load on national television.

james evans
04-18-2017, 01:49 AM
memphis got screwed tonight. Cmon guys, we hate it when they screw us, we should at least admit it when we get the benefit of whistles.

99 Problems
04-18-2017, 02:11 AM
Grizz only arrived at the half time interval. Home cooking was all eaten.

Ice009
04-18-2017, 04:31 AM
memphis got screwed tonight. Cmon guys, we hate it when they screw us, we should at least admit it when we get the benefit of whistles.

Those of you that are saying Memphis got screwed, how badly in your opinion did they get screwed? You think it cost them the game?

You've got one poster saying that it's a top 20 screw job of all time.

I just don't see it like some of you guys are seeing it. To me, it's maybe top 500, as I don't think it (a few bad calls with 95% of them being legit) even came close to costing them the game.

Having said all that, it should have went even further in our favour as they should have had more fouls called against them. So those few bad calls should have been more than irrelevant as they should have had more fouls called on them. They didn't play defense without fouling, and that's on them. They consequence of all their fouling is that they got the Spurs in the bonus, again, that was all on them.

I don't really want to hear anymore of this shit about them getting screwed. There were a couple of egregious calls, but the Spurs should have had even more fouls called for them. Play defense without fouling. If you can't, then shut the fuck up about it. It's not even like most of the fouls were touch fouls or phantom fouls, most of them were actual fouls. I just do not understand where some people are coming from on this subject.

cutewizard
04-18-2017, 05:29 AM
He should be fired, in my very humble opinion.

He is the one who is unprofessional.

cutewizard
04-18-2017, 05:31 AM
Spurs never complain.

That's a foul committed by miami on Manu in the 2013 NBA finals, tbh

james evans
04-18-2017, 10:50 AM
Spurs never complain.

That's a foul committed by miami on Manu in the 2013 NBA finals, tbh
ginobli had just gotten away with taking 4 steps hahaha. Besides, that Miami series was fairly officiated. If anything, we got more whistles than them. Hey, I'm glad to get the win, but but some of the calls on Memphis' comeback were crazy. You know like I know had we been on the end of those whistles, we'd all be pissed. I don't know what the league is trying to do but I don't like it in the long run. I don't trust Powder

Horse
04-18-2017, 12:47 PM
And in what universe would the nba wanna help the Spurs? Maybe all the high rated finals the Spurs played in? Or because they were so much more exciting then those steve nash suns teams?

Perry Mason
04-18-2017, 01:04 PM
ginobli had just gotten away with taking 4 steps hahaha. Besides, that Miami series was fairly officiated. If anything, we got more whistles than them. Hey, I'm glad to get the win, but but some of the calls on Memphis' comeback were crazy. You know like I know had we been on the end of those whistles, we'd all be pissed. I don't know what the league is trying to do but I don't like it in the long run. I don't trust Powder

Flat out BS. Post video proving your point. On PTR, you can see in the posted videos at least 3 plays by ZR where he fouled Pau or someone else, and there was no call. So let's give the Grizz their 3 missed calls, and give the Spurs their 3.

And when ZBo's headband came off? That is what happens when you pound your head against someone. Not a foul by the defender.

The people arguing "but stats" have Texas Instruments computers for brains. Not only do they pick stats that in no way entail that the Spurs "should" have had more foul calls against them, but in any single game, those long-term aggregated stats are by and large meaningless in the decision making process of an individual game. The Grizz play physical and foul because they are undisciplined. They are undisciplined because they are playing some D-League level players, and a 40 year old VC.

This whole narrative by Fitz and the Twitterazi (as JVG calls them) is disgusting and insulting to the Spurs. Spurs have haters again it seems. I mean, do all these viewers really feel that if the calls they wanted were made, the Grizz have a chance in this series? They aren't a typical 7 seed? How many 2's upset 7's? Honestly? It's ridiculous.

Anyway, this all just takes away from the pleasure of watching what a monster MVP Kawhi has been. He was great in the RS, but these last two games he has shown something I personally hadn't seen before - Duncan-like efficiency and taking over a game. He couldn't be stopped (without fouling anyway).

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 02:14 PM
Like I said in the 1st quarter: Just get to the rim.
Is that what you tell your boyfriend too?

UNT Eagles 2016
04-19-2017, 01:42 AM

It doesn't matter. Ray Allen hit his arm. That's 2 shots to potentially go up 1. But knowing Manu, he'd split em anyways

LittleCriminal
04-19-2017, 02:07 AM
I could understand all this complaining if Memphis where playing against James Harden or The Golden State Warriors...
But the spurs?

superbigtime
04-19-2017, 01:21 PM
A difference of 18 FTA in one game is not that unusual.