PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Express - a model of inconsistancy

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 01:54 PM
Depending on where I go, it's either pretty good or the shit has been sitting around for the day. And I've found that the places that have bad food also always fuck up the order. I'm not one of those people that stops in the lane and checks to make sure everything is right. But damn if they don't always forget the 6 extra rolls. Which is sometimes the only decent thing they serve.

Fuckers.

I. Hustle
04-18-2017, 01:55 PM
You sound like a Laundry Crew member. or is it Krew to be edgy

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 02:25 PM

I don't know that I was ever allowed into the Laundry Krew. I never heard the qualifications. If it involved shooting someone, I'm probably not down. But I'd be more than willing to prove myself by beating someone to death with a sock full of kitty litter.

As to Chicken Express, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame on me. I've gone to one of them about 10 times and I'd say that 70% of the time, they've fucked up the order. And 70% of the time, the food is bad. So that's like a 4900% dissatisfaction rate.

clambake
04-18-2017, 03:03 PM
I don't know that I was ever allowed into the Laundry Krew. I never heard the qualifications. If it involved shooting someone, I'm probably not down. But I'd be more than willing to prove myself by beating someone to death with a sock full of kitty litter.

As to Chicken Express, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...shame on me. I've gone to one of them about 10 times and I'd say that 70% of the time, they've fucked up the order. And 70% of the time, the food is bad. So that's like a 4900% dissatisfaction rate.
this is how it goes
http://youtu.be/eKgPY1adc0A

Chris
04-18-2017, 03:34 PM
Better to go inside and see what you're getting. Drive through and you're probably setting yourself up for disaster. The one located at I-10 and Highway 87 in Comfort is pretty decent.

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 03:59 PM
Better to go inside and see what you're getting. Drive through and you're probably setting yourself up for disaster. The one located at I-10 and Highway 87 in Comfort is pretty decent.

that doesn't sound very efficient.

Me: walks in to Chicken E...."excuse me, do you mind moving over, I'd like to look at the chicken".
Worker: "ugh...whatever."
Me: "wow...it doesn't look very fresh. I think I'll go back out to my car and go somewhere different".'

The fact that I'm driving through somewhere means I'm already committed to getting something not as good as Chilis.
But that doesn't take away from the point that the quality between the Chicken E restaurants varies greatly.

DJR210
04-18-2017, 04:14 PM

Hell no this sucka ain't no Laundry Krew.. He makes way too many threads about things other than hating on Fapps to be down with us

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 04:16 PM
Hell no this sucka ain't no Laundry Krew.. He makes way too many threads about things other than hating on Fapps to be down with us

Fine by me. I'll start my own Krew.

I. Hustle
04-18-2017, 04:19 PM
Us like US us? Or like you guys us?

Fine by me. I'll start my own Krew.

I would like to inquire about your Krew but I am awaiting an answer from DJR210 first. I might already be affiliated with another Krew.

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 04:20 PM

I would like to inquire about your Krew but I am awaiting an answer from DJR210 first. I might already be affiliated with another Krew.

well...you better make a decision quickly.

DJR210
04-18-2017, 05:06 PM

You're one of the founding members of the Laundry Krew and The Rimmies.. Of course I'm including you

I. Hustle
04-18-2017, 05:16 PM
You're one of the founding members of the Laundry Krew and The Rimmies.. Of course I'm including you

ORALE! Eff you SFS with your black diaper POS Krew

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 09:34 PM
ORALE! Eff you SFS with your black diaper POS KrewYou'll regret this decision.But was it the name? Is it too off putting?

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 09:40 PM
ORALE! Eff you SFS with your black diaper POS Krew

Ok...so the Laundry Krew felt threatened enough to delete the Black Diaper Krew roll call.
Dirty fuckers.

Xevious
04-18-2017, 10:46 PM
I don't go to chicken express often, but when I do it has been okay for what it is. Taco Cabana on the other hand, I don't think I've ever driven through there without either looping back around or going inside. They always fuck up my food. I've also never been to any other fast food restaurant that argues with me about a special being expired when they're still advertising it on their website and in the damn store.

SpursforSix
04-18-2017, 10:49 PM
I don't go to chicken express often, but when I do it has been okay for what it is. Taco Cabana on the other hand, I don't think I've ever driven through there without either looping back around or going inside. They always fuck up my food. I've also never been to any other fast food restaurant that argues with me about a special being expired when they're still advertising it on their website and in the damn store.

I used to love Taco Cabana but either I was young and didn't know better or they've dropped off in quality and service. For fast food Mex, I'll pick Rosas most of the time. Although they aren't open at 1:00 AM

UNT Eagles 2016
04-19-2017, 01:18 AM
Protip: don't get something from the drive thru from a location of which you've never been on the inside. In high school I knew a girl named Nicole who thought it was fun to participate in her (female) coworkers' "game" of spitting/sneezing in the food order of any "cute guy" who pulled up to the drive thru. She worked at Bill Miller's.

SpursforSix
04-19-2017, 09:08 AM
Protip: don't get something from the drive thru from a location of which you've never been on the inside. In high school I knew a girl named Nicole who thought it was fun to participate in her (female) coworkers' "game" of spitting/sneezing in the food order of any "cute guy" who pulled up to the drive thru. She worked at Bill Miller's.

How would that change anything? So if you walk into the restaurant, you can see the people in the back sneezing and spitting on shit? If you're going through a drive through, you're accepting that there is a chance of something happening to your food. I always get paranoid when I order something that contains gravy or sour cream and it takes longer than it seems like it should.

But with all the chains, they've got cameras in there so I'm thinking that mitigates some of the risk.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Memba that time Manny Is God ate 5 pounds of fried chicken at Bill Millers?

UNT Eagles 2016
04-19-2017, 12:12 PM
How would that change anything? So if you walk into the restaurant, you can see the people in the back sneezing and spitting on shit? If you're going through a drive through, you're accepting that there is a chance of something happening to your food. I always get paranoid when I order something that contains gravy or sour cream and it takes longer than it seems like it should.

But with all the chains, they've got cameras in there so I'm thinking that mitigates some of the risk.
They've got cameras in there, yeah, but do you really think the managers and shit are going to spend their time watching video unless there's a legitimate complaint raised? You'd be surprised at how relatively useless cameras are despite adults portraying them to kids and teens as some kind of deus-ex-machina. They never caught the idiots who spray painted the brick pillars and walls of my high school at night before the day of my graduation in 2013.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Memba that time Manny Is God ate 5 pounds of fried chicken at Bill Millers?

It's actually pretty damn good. But my mom would go inside and get it and take it to go so I could eat in the nice cool house and use my KC Masterpiece barbecue sauce. Their sauce and restaurant A/C both are terrible.