PDA

View Full Version : Selective outrage over crime

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Coming to an observation that while on different ends of the political spectrum, the people who get outraged over killings by muslims aren't much different than the group they also seem to dislike, the #BLM faction. Crimes only matter when done by a particular group.

When a white guy kills a black guy, BLM is outraged.
Whenever a black guy kills a black guy, instant reaction from the other side tends to be "where is BLM now?"

When a muslim guy kills a white guy, right wingers are outraged. religion of peace again LOL
But when a white guy kills a white guy... shrug.

blm only cares if the shooter is white, other side only cares if the shooter is muslim. IMO these groups should embrace each other as they are mirror images.

discuss

boutons_deux
04-18-2017, 04:04 PM
BLM is concerned ONLY with cops harassing, brutalizing, killing, slaughtering blacks.

BLM is an anti-COP movement, not an anti-crime movement.

Trill Clinton
04-18-2017, 04:14 PM
blm's main focus was bringing attention police brutality and the systematic racism that is rampant in police departments across america. some of the officers who participate in these practices are non white. most recently, several of the cops that played a part in freddie grays death were black and blm voiced their displeasure in how the case was handled. so i have to disagree that they only care if the shooter is white.

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 04:33 PM
BLM is concerned ONLY with cops harassing, brutalizing, killing, slaughtering blacks.

BLM is an anti-COP movement, not an anti-crime movement.so BLM had nothing to say about Dylan Roof? or other black churches burnt after the election? i'm calling bullshit

Trill Clinton
04-18-2017, 04:44 PM
so BLM had nothing to say about Dylan Roof? or other black churches burnt after the election? i'm calling bullshit i believe they did have something to say as the crime was demonic, calculated and rooted in racism towards african americans. african americans are victims of racism to this very day and i don't think there is anything wrong with a group expressing their anger towards a hate crime.

boutons_deux
04-18-2017, 04:46 PM
so BLM had nothing to say about Dylan Roof? or other black churches burnt after the election? i'm calling bullshit

bullshit is as bullshit calls.

where was the outrage from alt-right/KKK/Breitbart about Dylan Roof?

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 04:46 PM
i believe they did have something to say as the crime was demonic, calculated and rooted in racism towards african americans. african americans are victims of racism this very day and i don't think their is anything wrong with a group expressing their anger towards a hate crime.i don't think there's anything wrong with that, either. i was just pointing out that BLM isn't "just about police" it's about black lives in general, contrary to boo-boo's point

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 04:47 PM

where was the outrage from alt-right/KKK/Breitbart about Dylan Roof?i dont even get what you're arguing anymore. a second ago you said BLM only cared about police misconduct. that's simply not true. i'm not saying that's a good or bad thing. just that your claim was wrong.

boutons_deux
04-18-2017, 04:57 PM
BLM arose due to so many pics, videos showing police brutalizing, killing blacks, NOT because whites have been killing blacks for 100s of years.

clambake
04-18-2017, 04:58 PM
i'll tell about crime. you should be shot in the head if you drive without a license/registration/insurance.

Shot-In-The-Head. all colors, mostly all colors

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 05:08 PM
this isn't really aimed at any particular political stance... the media only blows up when there's a ratial/ethnic element to it, regardless of which media outlet it is. they might focus on different demographics, but that's their MO regardless

this had been a pretty obvious trend, but i rewatched nighcrawler the other day (awesome movie) and there's a scene where they discuss this very concept, and just wanted to hear thoughts on it, instead of getting on tangents with booboo

Chucho
04-18-2017, 05:46 PM

BLM is an anti-COP movement, not an anti-crime movement.

Black KKK is a payola scheming, big-nonprofit that helps no one and has massive coffers they haven't put to use.

You sure are selective with what "big" whatever the fuck you pretend to hate and with what you apologize for. I bet you're anti Komen Cure for Cancer, but only because BLM hasn't gotten their garbage scams licensed to the NFL and other outlets so they can continue to fuck donors while the Board members keep pockets fat...

Chucho
04-18-2017, 05:47 PM

where was the outrage from alt-right/KKK/Breitbart about Dylan Roof?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Clipper Nation
04-18-2017, 05:50 PM
BLM is an anti-COP movement
Glad you're finally admitting it. Now how long until it dawns on you that BLM is just another paid "protest" movement brought to you by George Soros?

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Glad you're finally admitting it. Now how long until it dawns on you that BLM is just another paid "protest" movement brought to you by George Soros?
Do you check under your bed for George soros every night?

DMC
04-18-2017, 08:25 PM
this isn't really aimed at any particular political stance... the media only blows up when there's a ratial/ethnic element to it, regardless of which media outlet it is. they might focus on different demographics, but that's their MO regardless

this had been a pretty obvious trend, but i rewatched nighcrawler the other day (awesome movie) and there's a scene where they discuss this very concept, and just wanted to hear thoughts on it, instead of getting on tangents with booboo

BLM = fighting the norm (norm being black males being the largest demographic per race capita killed by police). It doesn't matter why they were killed, just that they were killed. Since it's the norm, perhaps the rest of America sees it as ho hum just another day.

The muslim issue: Fighting to keep the norm (norm being that Americans aren't systematically killed by religious zealots from another country).

It doesn't matter if the victim is black/white/purple... if they are killed by terrorists we treat it all the same, whereas BLM only cares about black lives that are ended in a way that can be sensationalized as victimization by authority or establishment.

The two aren't the same regardless of what you think you learned from the movies.

DMC
04-18-2017, 08:27 PM

One could ask you the same question except you live with your parents so they probably check for you.

spurraider21
04-18-2017, 09:02 PM
BLM = fighting the norm (norm being black males being the largest demographic per race capita killed by police). It doesn't matter why they were killed, just that they were killed. Since it's the norm, perhaps the rest of America sees it as ho hum just another day.

The muslim issue: Fighting to keep the norm (norm being that Americans aren't systematically killed by religious zealots from another country).

It doesn't matter if the victim is black/white/purple... if they are killed by terrorists we treat it all the same, whereas BLM only cares about black lives that are ended in a way that can be sensationalized as victimization by authority or establishment.

The two aren't the same regardless of what you think you learned from the movies.
Didn't learn anything "from movies." The dynamic of selectively sensationalism isn't new. Was just reminded of it by a flick.

But there are similarities in the selective element. Murder only newsworthy if perp is Muslim

One could ask you the same question except you live with your parents so they probably check for you.
:lol

DMC
04-19-2017, 07:12 AM
Didn't learn anything "from movies." The dynamic of selectively sensationalism isn't new. Was just reminded of it by a flick.

But there are similarities in the selective element. Murder only newsworthy if perp is Muslim

:lol

You conveniently ignore my points to hit the slow pitches. Then you reiterated your false claim.

So is it a "newsworthy" issue or an "other side" issue? You moved the goalpost.

Will Hunting
04-19-2017, 07:21 AM
:lmao

pgardn
04-19-2017, 07:35 AM

I don't blame the entertainment media. Some people just enjoy getting pissed. But it does clearly point out one's inclinations. And it does lead to some interesting social studies.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/15/515336658/researchers-examine-race-factor-in-car-crashes-involving-pedestrians

Also we have branded certain kinds of crimes that involve an ethnic or racial element as hate crimes.

I am also interested in the number of TV shows that brand fathers of any color as impulsive and in need of learning a lesson. I don't watch them very long so I can't say how many episodes revolve around this theme, it just seems very common. Then the adds about how important fathers are and big bothers/mentors for boys. Strange stuff.

pgardn
04-19-2017, 07:39 AM
BLM is an anti-COP movement.

How much pushback before things get evened out?
You figure we need about 100,000 random targeting of cops to get even?

pgardn
04-19-2017, 07:41 AM
You conveniently ignore my points to hit the slow pitches. Then you reiterated your false claim.

So is it a "newsworthy" issue or an "other side" issue? You moved the goalpost.

OMG...

The king of screwing with the kicker...

Spurminator
04-19-2017, 11:06 AM
so BLM had nothing to say about Dylan Roof? or other black churches burnt after the election? i'm calling bullshit

I honestly don't recall any marches protesting Dylann Roof. Boutons is right that BLM was born out of a reaction to perceived police brutality against blacks. "Having something to say" about general murder/vandalism targeting blacks is relevant but not at all the focal point of the movement.

spurraider21
04-19-2017, 12:04 PM
I honestly don't recall any marches protesting Dylann Roof. Boutons is right that BLM was born out of a reaction to perceived police brutality against blacks. "Having something to say" about general murder/vandalism targeting blacks is relevant but not at all the focal point of the movement.
What it's born out of isn't necessarily the same as what it's all about.

Spurminator
04-20-2017, 09:02 PM

Jones then added, under oath, that he had determined that the weed these days is far too strong, a development he blamed on billionaire investor and major progressive political donor George Soros. Soros, Jones claimed, has “brain damaged a lot of people.”

http://www.avclub.com/article/alex-jones-celebrates-420-accusing-george-soros-ma-254048?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing

DMC
04-20-2017, 11:09 PM
OMG...

The king of screwing with the kicker...

I don't move goalposts. I fight you fuckers until I get you boat side then I just flip your asses onto the deck. Then you flop around and swear you're not the target species.

Clipper Nation
04-21-2017, 08:01 AM
[/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.avclub.com/article/alex-jones-celebrates-420-accusing-george-soros-ma-254048?utm_content=Main&utm_campaign=SF&utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMarketing
Okay? I don't watch Alex Jones or keep up with his conspiratard drivel. Apparently you do, though.

I thought you guys were against money in politics? I guess Soros' money gets a special exception from that?

boutons_deux
04-21-2017, 08:17 AM
Soros? :lol you fuckers are so fucking stupid. Soros? :lol

Spurminator
04-21-2017, 09:41 AM
Okay? I don't watch Alex Jones or keep up with his conspiratard drivel. Apparently you do, though.

:lol Why would my posting an article about Alex Jones lead you to believe i watch him? I'm just pointing out that your ongoing obsession with Soros sounds a lot like his conspiratard drivel.

I thought you guys were against money in politics? I guess Soros' money gets a special exception from that?

I'm not sure what this really has to do with anything. I'm all for transparency when it comes to financing anything in politics, and limitations on contributions to specific candidates (which we're not talking about right now... Maybe you want to start a Campaign Finance Reform thread?)

pgardn
04-21-2017, 09:46 AM
I don't move goalposts. I fight you fuckers until I get you boat side then I just flip your asses onto the deck. Then you flop around and swear you're not the target species.

I like the analogy.
You f ers?

And you are quite proud of yourself. But when you make stupid statements, and you do, prepare to admit you are in the ice chest.

pgardn
04-21-2017, 09:48 AM
Soros? :lol you fuckers are so fucking stupid. Soros? :lol

Soros has not given to or even started liberal think tanks and organizations?

DMC
04-21-2017, 01:19 PM
I like the analogy.
You f ers?

And you are quite proud of yourself. But when you make stupid statements, and you do, prepare to admit you are in the ice chest.

I don't keep the fish, I let them go to tell their friends about how, when enough force is applied to their faces, they become real interested in whatever project I am working on at the time because they come to see.

boutons_deux
04-21-2017, 02:30 PM
Soros has not given to or even started liberal think tanks and organizations?

So what if he did? you rightwingnutters don't object to VRWC's much longer and larger SUCCESSFUL efforts to fuck up America.

Clipper Nation
04-21-2017, 03:36 PM
:lol Why would my posting an article about Alex Jones lead you to believe i watch him? I'm just pointing out that your ongoing obsession with Soros sounds a lot like his conspiratard drivel.
In what universe is pointing out that a leftist cause célèbre is being funded by Soros even remotely equivalent to accusing Soros of growing weed that damages people's brains? Could you possibly reach any harder?

pgardn
04-21-2017, 03:41 PM
So what if he did? you rightwingnutters don't object to VRWC's much longer and larger SUCCESSFUL efforts to fuck up America.

Oh look DMC?

Now I'm a right wing nutter.

Boots, DMC thinks I'm a liberal nutter, see how that works.

pgardn
04-21-2017, 03:48 PM

Oh.

So they are one in the same, one group is just more SUCCESSFUL.

Spurminator
04-21-2017, 03:56 PM
In what universe is pointing out that a leftist cause célèbre is being funded by Soros even remotely equivalent to accusing Soros of growing weed that damages people's brains? Could you possibly reach any harder?

Explain how Soros' continued funding of BLM works. Who, specifically, is on the payroll?

Spurminator
04-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Paranoid people never recognize their own paranoia, naturally.