BillMc
04-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Take that for data.

NASpurs
04-19-2017, 09:44 PM
51 points on 43 shots crofl

Chinook
04-19-2017, 09:45 PM
Russ going for two at the end because he just wanted to make a shot. Dunno if I wanted Houston or OKC to lose. Part of me wants Kawhi to have a shot a Harden so that people can see James look just as ineffective as Russ does against Houston. But if D'Antoni got knocked out in the first round after all that hype...

BillMc
04-19-2017, 09:45 PM
Harden had 20 FTs. Why won't the media freak out about that? It was a closer game than Spurs-Grizz 2

BillMc
04-19-2017, 09:46 PM
Russ going for two at the end because he just wanted to make a shot. Dunno if I wanted Houston or OKC to lose. Part of me wants Kawhi to have a shot a Harden so that people can see James look just as ineffective as Russ does against Houston. But if D'Antoni got knocked out in the first round after all that hype...

I just love watching the Spurs torture D'Antoni in the playoffs...definitely want Houston to advance.

NASpurs
04-19-2017, 09:48 PM
I just love watching the Spurs torture D'Antoni in the playoffs...definitely want Houston to advance.

Plus isn't Houston the only team the Spurs have never beaten in a playoff series? I know who I want if that's the case.

BillMc
04-19-2017, 09:51 PM
Plus isn't Houston the only team the Spurs have never beaten in a playoff series? I know who I want if that's the case.
Not sure, but if true, good icing on the cake.

NASpurs
04-19-2017, 09:52 PM
I meant to say in the Western Conference but my point still stands. :lol

Chinook
Is Marv an idiot? He never seems to actually know what's going on during the game, and when he realizes his call was wrong, instead of admitting it, he makes up some shit.

"They've called a foul on Denver."

(Actually just signaled an out of bounds, Denver ball.)

"Wait, it looks like the officials got together and changed it. It seems like it's now just an out of bounds."

rasuo214
Harden had 20 FTs. Why won't the media freak out about that? It was a closer game than Spurs-Grizz 2

Because Westbrook had 18 FTs. I'm not a numbers guy but is appears that great offensive players who play aggressively get a lot of FTs...

Mikeanaro
04-19-2017, 09:53 PM
Wear and tear.

BillMc
I meant to say in the Western Conference but my point still stands. :lol

:lol:toast

apalisoc_9
Is Marv an idiot? He never seems to actually know what's going on during the game, and when he realizes his call was wrong, instead of admitting it, he makes up some shit.

"Wait, it looks like the officials got together and changed it. It seems like it's now just an out of bounds."

I'm not even sure why marv is not on Jail. The evidence against him by multiple women were pretty darn strong. Rapist.

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 09:55 PM
okc replaced durant with oladipo... people should stop acting like there's one shooter on that roster.

Perry Mason
04-19-2017, 09:58 PM
The Thunder offense in that game never looked smooth but they had some decent plays. Houston overall runs a better offense very clearly.

But that fourth quarter was disgusting. It was continued crappy Thunder iso's, with no offball movement, and complete ballhoggery by Westbrook. Possession after possession was wasted with him acrobatically flying through 3 defenders and throwing up a prayer.

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:00 PM
The Thunder offense in that game never looked smooth but they had some decent plays. Houston overall runs a better offense very clearly.

But that fourth quarter was disgusting. It was continued crappy Thunder iso's, with no offball movement, and complete ballhoggery by Westbrook. Possession after possession was wasted with him acrobatically flying through 3 defenders and throwing up a prayer.

"Objective" fans on RealGM saying they had to do that since Russ is the only NBA player on that roster.

BillMc
04-19-2017, 10:02 PM
Because Westbrook had 18 FTs. I'm not a numbers guy but is appears that great offensive players who play aggressively get a lot of FTs...

Fair enough. But according Fizzdale being "rugged" should earn you foul shots too. :lol

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 10:07 PM
their roster is null.

SpursBig3s
04-19-2017, 10:07 PM
I mean when your 2nd option is Victor Oladipo I'd shoot 40 times too. I honestly don't think anyone else on OKC had 10 points ��

gospursgojas
04-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Who is Houston's second option? They still seem to run a great offense and win games.

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:09 PM
Who is Houston's second option? They still seem to run a great offense and win games.

Gordon and Lou probably split that role. Spurs second unit is going to have its hands full.

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 10:11 PM
rockets with WB > okc with harden

gospursgojas
04-19-2017, 10:12 PM
Gordon and Lou probably split that role. Spurs second unit is going to have its hands full.

A case can be made that Oladipo is better than both of those players. I was trying to dispel the point that Westbrook HAS to shoot 50 shots a game bc he has no one else.

Robz4000
04-19-2017, 10:12 PM

If Beverly keeps up this level of play and those two are done being playoff chokers my confidence in that series is gone. Luckily Anderson is still dead and their defense is as bad as ever.

FkLA
04-19-2017, 10:13 PM
51 points on 43 shots crofl

Real MVP Kawhichael 69 points on 28 shots over two games.

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 10:13 PM
the rockets have a team. okc has a half a team.

rastaspur
04-19-2017, 10:14 PM
I'm not even sure why marv is not on Jail. The evidence against him by multiple women were pretty darn strong. Rapist.

When you are rich and famous you can do whatever you want. You can even grab them by the p####.

DPG21920
I definitely want OKC to win :lol. They are much worse than HOU. I'm pretty confident about SA v HOU. I mean, HOU is a solid team and SA goes through some offensive droughts, but Kawhi/Danny give SA an edge and SA will get good looks vs HOU as well. Just have to hit.

gospursgojas

:claw

Play Boban
04-19-2017, 10:16 PM
I bet Enrique could only dream of putting up so many shots in a quarter. :wow

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:16 PM
If Beverly keeps up this level of play and those two are done being playoff chokers my confidence in that series is gone. Luckily Anderson is still dead and their defense is as bad as ever.

I mean, they can't rain back a ton of step-back threes from like 30 feet away, but I'll trade them doing well if it means Harden doesn't.

TheGreatYacht
04-19-2017, 10:17 PM
Sounds about white

UZER
04-19-2017, 10:18 PM

Dude had gone senile. He's the Pop of commentating.

FkLA

Motherfucker makes Enrique look like John Stockton, tbh.

Chinook
Dumb-ass refs. Let Draymond berate them over an obvious offensive foul and then when it gets to be too much, they give a delay-of-game instead of the T that shit warranted.

GSH
04-19-2017, 10:19 PM

EXACTLY.

I said it the other night. If Harden, or Westbrook (or LeBron, or several others) got that many FT's nobody would blink an eye. Kawhi adjusted his game to counter how they were trying to defend him, and he forced them to foul him. We'll know before this postseason is over, but I think he may have taken another leap forward like he has in previous playoffs.

djohn2oo8
04-19-2017, 10:19 PM

lol no

gospursgojas
04-19-2017, 10:20 PM

No

GSH
04-19-2017, 10:22 PM
Ahhh hell. Why not?

https://media.giphy.com/media/k5cnWfaRTPgze/giphy.gif

TheGreatYacht
04-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

100%duncan
04-19-2017, 10:24 PM
MVP! :lmao

Mikeanaro
04-19-2017, 10:25 PM
I dont think so, they still have Kanter and Adams the supernova duo, they have Robertson the Kawhi killer, Gibson and Oladipo are decent but now those players are scrubs because of the Westchimp me me me thing.

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:25 PM
This game is such shit.

BillMc
04-19-2017, 10:26 PM
EXACTLY.

I said it the other night. If Harden, or Westbrook (or LeBron, or several others) got that many FT's nobody would blink an eye. Kawhi adjusted his game to counter how they were trying to defend him, and he forced them to foul him. We'll know before this postseason is over, but I think he may have taken another leap forward like he has in previous playoffs.

I think he has.. :flag:

gospursgojas
04-19-2017, 10:27 PM
I dont think so, they still have Kanter and Adams the supernova duo, they have Robertson the Kawhi killer, Gibson and Oladipo are decent but now those players are scrubs because of the Westchimp me me me thing.

I agree... Thunder without Westbrook = Rockets without Harden. Maybe the biggest edge if you take both out is the coaching. But if ever there was a argument for who's MVP, this series is it. Its Harden and its not even close.

DPG21920
04-19-2017, 10:27 PM
This game is such shit.

It really is. GM1 was sort of cool because CJ/Dame had it going, but that was the fluke of all flukes and this game sucks.

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:30 PM
It really is. GM1 was sort of cool because CJ/Dame had it going, but that was the fluke of all flukes and this game sucks.

I just can't believe Portland built their team with such awful players. Just awful asset management.

Mikeanaro
04-19-2017, 10:31 PM
I agree... Thunder without Westbrook = Rockets without Harden. Maybe the biggest edge if you take both out is the coaching. But if ever there was a argument for who's MVP, this series is it. Its Harden and its not even close.
Both are similar teams, OKC has better bigs and HOU has better 3 point shooters, Nene was horrible lacks mobility like his upper body is glued, and WB kills all the pace to let other team mates even contribute something.

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:31 PM
West with the short-roll.

BillMc
04-19-2017, 10:32 PM
I just can't believe Portland built their team with such awful players. Just awful asset management.

Just making the playoffs after LMA bolted is an achievement.

DPG21920
04-19-2017, 10:33 PM

Ya. Nurkic would definitely help, but they didn't have them when building this team. They gave Evan Turner money and he's clearly not worth it. Crabbe got paid big time and has developed at all which is disturbing. They just have a bunch of Celtics type players (but slightly worse) and limited ceiling on both ends.

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 10:33 PM
harden has: ryan anderson, ariza, capela, beverley, nene, eric gordon, lou williams

westbrook has: taj, adams, roberson... oladipo, kanter, grant, singler, christon, abrines

DPG21920
04-19-2017, 10:34 PM
harden has: ryan anderson, ariza, capela, beverley, nene, eric gordon, lou williams

westbrook has: taj, adams, roberson... oladipo, kanter, grant, singler, christon, abrines

Didn't you love Adams last year? I thought you wanted SA to get him? Wasn't Kanter a legit 6MOY candidate? I thought Roberson was an elite defender and hit big shots vs SA last playoffs? Dipo was a lottery pick right? Kawhi has to play with the worst starting PG in the league, a guy who can't dribble in Danny, LMA who has regressed and Dedmon who can't shoot or score and fouls a lot.

Mikeanaro
04-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Ya. Nurkic would definitely help, but they didn't have them when building this team. They gave Evan Turner money and he's clearly not worth it. Crabbe got paid big time and has developed at all which is disturbing. They just have a bunch of Celtics type players (but slightly worse) and limited ceiling on both ends.
Agreed on Nurkic, the one I find useless is Meyers Leonard... big time scrub.

GSH
04-19-2017, 10:37 PM

Bad management AND a lot of bad luck. Brandon Roy, Joel Przybilla, and Nicolas Batum getting hurt. Greg Oden was bad management + bad luck. Probably some others I've forgotten about. Honestly, they never fully recovered from the JailBlazer days. They don't have the FO talent to let them figure out how to keep the talent they do get.

sasaint

That technique worked perfectly back in his radio days.

gambit1990
Didn't you love Adams last year? I thought you wanted SA to get him? Wasn't Kanter a legit 6MOY candidate? I thought Roberson was an elite defender and hit big shots vs SA last playoffs? Dipo was a lottery pick right? Kawhi has to play with the worst starting PG in the league, a guy who can't dribble in Danny, LMA who has regressed and Dedmon who can't shoot or score and fouls a lot.
i love adams this year... doesn't mean he's viable scoring option.

-was never big on kanter
-roberson can play but he doesn't make up for the rest of okc's roster
-was never big on olly

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Agreed on Nurkic, the one I find useless is Meyers Leonard... big time scrub.

Was gonna say. Leonard, Turner, Crabbe, Ezeli. How much money can you waste?

Ice009
04-19-2017, 10:39 PM

How is Harden playing in the series? Isn't Andre Roberson guarding him? And do you consider Andre Roberson a very good defender? I'm really starting to like him. I'd actually like to see the Spurs try and get him.

Chinook
04-19-2017, 10:41 PM
How is Harden playing in the series? Isn't Andre Roberson guarding him? And do you consider Andre Roberson a very good defender?

Roberson is competent, but he's not Green or Leonard. He's certainly not Green AND Leonard. And he still plays for OKC.

Mikeanaro
04-19-2017, 10:42 PM
Lol Ezeli, thats overpaying for a scrub just because he comes from a winning team.

DPG21920
04-19-2017, 10:43 PM
Roberson is competent, but he's not Green or Leonard. He's certainly not Green AND Leonard. And he still plays for OKC.

He's the type of guy in the playoffs that kill you. He fluked out vs SA last year, but 99/100 times he will sink you vs game planning.

GSH
04-19-2017, 10:45 PM

I still cant' believe what they're paying Allen Crabbe. It's like their FO got their intel from some fantasy league fansite.

sasaint

His rug is criminal. I'd put him in the slammer just for that. That and his ignorant commentary. Make him and Brent Mussberger cell mates.

FkLA
Andre Roberson is the 2nd best perimeter defender after Kawhi. There I said it.

TheDoctor
04-19-2017, 10:48 PM
How is Harden playing in the series? Isn't Andre Roberson guarding him? And do you consider Andre Roberson a very good defender? I'm really starting to like him. I'd actually like to see the Spurs try and get him.

Roberson has roots with San Antonio. He played High School hoops in SanAn.

sasaint
04-19-2017, 10:55 PM

I'd like to see what Chip could do with Roberson's shot.

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 11:00 PM

GSH
04-19-2017, 11:02 PM
I'd like to see what Chip could do with Roberson's shot.

Hopefully more than he's done with Dedmon. I'm a Chip Engelland fan. But I think he takes guys who are scorers and improves their mechanics. I'm not so sure he can turn just anyone into a shooter. I think Roberson shoots something like .250 from outside 3 feet. And he takes more than a third of his shots from 3P - so he obviously doesn't understand just how bad he is.

Chinook
04-19-2017, 11:07 PM
Hopefully more than he's done with Dedmon. I'm a Chip Engelland fan. But I think he takes guys who are scorers and improves their mechanics. I'm not so sure he can turn just anyone into a shooter. I think Roberson shoots something like .250 from outside 3 feet. And he takes more than a third of his shots from 3P - so he obviously doesn't understand just how bad he is.

Chip's not the miracle-worker a lot of folks think he is. There are plenty of Spurs who over the years never really developed a shot. The mechanics have to be fixable, and the player has to be willing and able to make the necessary changes. After four years in the league, I doubt Roberson would become a much better shooter simply by switching coaches.

DPG21920
04-19-2017, 11:08 PM

His last name is Engelland not Potter my man :lol

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 11:17 PM
how bad HOU is: someone could shoot 3 for 17 in the 4th and their team could still have chance to win :lmao

horsielove
04-19-2017, 11:22 PM
okc's bench = -64
rocket's bench = +41

SequSpur
04-19-2017, 11:23 PM
WHO GIVES A FUCK DUCKS!!!

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 11:25 PM
okc's bench = -64
rocket's bench = +41
:wow

my point exactly. people on here acting like WB has a team.

SequSpur
04-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Ballhog

WHY DO YOU POST STUPID SHIT YOUR WHOLE LIFE?

DPG21920
04-19-2017, 11:28 PM
:wow

my point exactly. people on here acting like WB has a team.

They have "talent" (for example you would take Adams over Dedmon, Dipo over TP, etc..) but it's not built well. Especially because Westbrook just isn't a great shooter. He's made himself good enough to be dangerous at what he does best, but it's really hard to have someone with that high of a usage rate that isn't an amazing shooter.

But his teammates don't make things easier that is for sure.

ducks
04-19-2017, 11:33 PM
WHY DO YOU POST STUPID SHIT YOUR WHOLE LIFE?

Dude their is a old Westbrook thread
This Westbrook will get MVP and be a fucking ballhog

gambit1990
04-19-2017, 11:57 PM
They have "talent" (for example you would take Adams over Dedmon, Dipo over TP, etc..) but it's not built well. Especially because Westbrook just isn't a great shooter. He's made himself good enough to be dangerous at what he does best, but it's really hard to have someone with that high of a usage rate that isn't an amazing shooter.

But his teammates don't make things easier that is for sure.
to put it gently... okc's roster is half talent, half trash.

i already said they only have half a team. and that was before i found out the bench was -64.

DPG21920
04-19-2017, 11:58 PM
to put it gently... okc's roster is half talent, half trash.

i already said they only have half a team. and that was before i found out the bench was -64.

It sucks that WB 4th was so awful. But he watched the lead he built evaporate when he was on the bench, was yelling at the coach to reinsert him and then pressed way too hard because of it.

gambit1990
04-20-2017, 12:07 AM
-if i'm the spurs i take any of: ryan anderson, ariza, capela, beverley, nene, eric gordon, lou williams

-if i'm the spurs i take 4, maybe 5 of: taj, adams, roberson... oladipo, kanter, grant:lol, singler:lol, christon:lol, abrines:lol

has a bench ever had -64 or worse in the playoffs? would appreciate if someone could find that stat. such a mind numbing number.

dabom
04-20-2017, 12:10 AM
Difference between Harden and Westbrook is that Harden can actually help his teammates to get better shots. Westy can't. :lol

Whether westy's team lost the lead for him is bad, but an MVP finds a way to win that game.

ducks
04-20-2017, 12:12 AM
How in hell do u shoot 3-17 in a quarter
13-17 may s 3-17 stop shooting

Mikeanaro
04-20-2017, 12:12 AM
Difference between Harden and Westbrook is that Harden can actually help his teammates to get better shots. Westy can't. :lol

Whether westy's team lost the lead for him is bad, but an MVP finds a way to win that game.
He used to make the same brick maneuvers when he had DuRbEtA, he cant control himself... HERO TIME!

gambit1990
04-20-2017, 12:33 AM
Harden can actually help his teammates to get better shots.
undeniable :tu

i LOVE WB's effort but it gets the better of him from time to time :lol

gambit1990
04-20-2017, 01:04 AM
i wonder if brooks or donovan have told him to slow it down a little.

westbrook almost seems to have no chill on offense. and some of his errant passes are like... how?

love him or hate him, you can't say he isn't trying to win.

cd021
04-20-2017, 01:18 AM

Liberal media tbh :lol

cd021
04-20-2017, 01:22 AM
How in hell do u shoot 3-17 in a quarter
13-17 may s 3-17 stop shooting

17 shots in any quarter is pretty damn insane. 3 makes is fucking awful.

I was hoping that the Spurs played OKC in the 1st round before Tony Allen went down because I knew Westbrook would have these bad shooting nights.

BillMc
04-20-2017, 01:49 AM
Liberal media tbh :lol
:lol

ViceCity86
04-20-2017, 02:34 AM
He did a John Starks in one quarter.

tbdog
04-20-2017, 03:50 AM

Celtics players are on really nice contracts. Blazers went out and paid their core. Bad decision.

04-20-2017, 08:02 AM
Chimpy missed in a quarter half the shots Kawhi took in 2 games :lol

04-20-2017, 08:03 AM
:lol tbh

NameLess Scrub
04-20-2017, 08:04 AM
I won't just make fun of D'Antoni like the Spurs will beat him automatically.
This Rockets team's offense looks like capable of putting up runs like crazy.

Horse
04-20-2017, 12:43 PM
The team is so used to getting westbrick triple-doubles they forgot how to play to win.

UZER
04-20-2017, 01:02 PM
The team is so used to getting westbrick triple-doubles they forgot how to play to win.

This is true. They don't even know how to go get rebounds anymore since their muscle memory tells them to block out so someone else can go get it.

rjv
04-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Plus isn't Houston the only team the Spurs have never beaten in a playoff series? I know who I want if that's the case. i'm pretty sure that's accurate. i know they lost back in the ice man days and i think they lost twice (once in a 7 game series when calvin murphy went off) in that time frame. then, of course, there was the infamous '95 meltdown when olajuwon ripped out the admirals heart and ate in front of everyone. rockets fans still refer back to this as if it were yesterday.

Brazil
04-20-2017, 02:54 PM
I posted that in NBA forum but this is a record. He is second player to ever attempt 17 shots in one quarter, he reaches Rick Barry mark in 1967... not even chamberlain ever had 17 FGAs in one quarter...

:lmao

TD 21
04-20-2017, 03:33 PM
A disgraceful performance by a disgraceful player. I don't care limited one's team is, 17 field goal attempts in a quarter is inexplicable, especially considering how ridiculous most of them were.

If he looked like Curry or had a personality like Leonard, he'd receive a lot more criticism.

FkLA
04-20-2017, 04:53 PM
He actually took 18 IIRC. Never been done before. Included 12 in a row playing 1-on-5. :lol

SASdynasty!
04-20-2017, 05:13 PM
He actually took 18 IIRC. Never been done before. Included 12 in a row playing 1-on-5. :lol
Unreal...and here we are complaining when Tony takes far less than that for the whole game.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 09:17 PM

lol no

No

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?
today harden was 5-16, 0-7 from 3, 7 turnovers... his team carried him to a W in the 4th.

if westbrook had that statline, only scoring 16 points... okc would lose by 30+.

Spurtacular
04-23-2017, 10:19 PM
14 assists though. I guess that's not hard when you have the ball so much that the rest the team only gets 6 assists.

Brazil
04-23-2017, 10:23 PM

:lol if it's 18 it's the record... Ricky Barry had 17 in the 69 iirc