PDA

View Full Version : A Pop Schitck in a Playoff game..What an egotistical Coward.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2017, 10:58 PM
- 10 minutes is still a lot of minutes to go.

- His full Sub Ruined the Starters and Pau. Despite the strong first half from Memphis, the spurs were only down 4 and they were actually competing

- He made a full sub with 10 minutes in the third, down 9...and inserted scrubs. Grizz procceds to increase the lead.

- I can't believe this guy is stroking his ego in a playoff game.

Can you imgine Pop pulling this shit against a Superior Rocket or Warrior team.

It's insane.

spursistan
04-20-2017, 11:12 PM
There is usually a point of diminishing returns with tenured occupations even in real professional life-- especially with age.. it is been kinda happening with Pop since 2014; there is palpable sense of content and fulfillment he has conducted himself with ever since.

Subbing out Kawhi in that manner--with total disregard for his body of work in the series so far and season as whole-- was embarrassing and freaking disgusting..

Ditty
04-20-2017, 11:13 PM
If he pulls this in game four then I would be worried. I don't think it will hurt us in a long run at least in this series.

apalisoc_9
04-20-2017, 11:15 PM
There is usually a point of diminishing returns with tenured occupations even in real professional life-- especially with age.. it is been kinda happening with Pop since 2014; there is palpable sense of content and fulfillment he has conducted himself with ever since.

Subbing out Kawhi in that manner--with total disregard for his bodywork in the series so far and season as whole-- was embarrassing and freaking disgusting..

Probably wants to cement a legacy that every team he coached was about him. This Schtick has increased significantly since 2014...probably got too much ego streak after 14..Just doesn't care anymore.

DAF86
04-20-2017, 11:15 PM

Subbing out Kawhi in that manner--with total disregard for his bodywork in the series so far and season as whole-- was embarrassing and freaking disgusting..

Imagine Pop subbing Duncan like that in the early 2000's. Fucking hypocrite. :lol

Arcadian
04-20-2017, 11:19 PM
Just to clarify, in what manner did he sub out Leonard? Did he make some sort of mistake, or just subbed too soon?

DAF86
04-20-2017, 11:20 PM
Just to clarify, in what manner did he sub out Leonard? Did he make some sort of mistake, or just subbed too soon?

He benched the entire first squad 3 minutes into the 3rd because of a 4-0 run.

rasuo214
04-20-2017, 11:21 PM

He subbed out the entire SL and put in the bench unit - Manu.

kaji157
04-20-2017, 11:23 PM
It was fucking awful and a big fuck you to all NBA fans in general and Spurs fans in particular.

I don´t really care if they come back and win games 4 and 5 by 20 points because of this, you cannot go and fuck over an NBA game like that with 22 minutes left in regulation.

TheGreatYacht
04-20-2017, 11:25 PM
Kawhi looked like he was planning his next team during the 4th quarter on the bench.

Unfortunatly this senile fraud will retire after he left the franchise in shambles

midnightpulp
04-20-2017, 11:27 PM
:lol Today's Poop

HarlemHeat37
Subbing the entire lineup vs. an offensively inept team that routinely goes through scoring droughts and could have allowed the Spurs back in it within minutes was pretty puzzling, tbh:lol..well, not really, it's Pop..

dabom
Subbing the entire lineup vs. an offensively inept team that could easily go on a scoring drought and allow the Spurs back in it within minutes was pretty puzzling, tbh:lol..well, not really, it's Pop..

Let me just ice my best players. :lmao

apalisoc_9
04-20-2017, 11:28 PM
If he pulls this in game four then I would be worried. I don't think it will hurt us in a long run at least in this series.

That's a complete lack of respect to an NBA caliber team though. They have momentum and are only down 1 game. So many things can happen that can magnify this show shit show of a schtick.

rasuo214
04-20-2017, 11:29 PM
Incoming Game 4 starting Lineup - Murray, Simmons, Anderson, Bertans, Anthony. Kawhi and LMA inactives.

FkLA
04-20-2017, 11:35 PM
Yeah, that waving the white flag shit with 10 mins left is flying under the radar. It's a "I'm tired of y'alls pathetic asses so take a seat" kind of move. Emasculated them and shows a lack of belief even though this team just had a great come back at OKC a couple weeks ago after looking like shit most of that game.

HarlemHeat37
04-20-2017, 11:38 PM
:lol the media eats this shit up, too, tbh..

"oh that silly Pop!! only he would make a move like this!!"

FkLA
04-20-2017, 11:38 PM
This faggot just said in the presser that the game got out of hand "within the first minute, after two whole turnovers which ballooned the lead to 9". :lol

Floyd Pacquiao
04-20-2017, 11:41 PM
This faggot just said in the presser that the game got out of hand "within the first minute, after two whole turnovers which ballooned the lead to 9". :lol

:rollin :lmao this mother fucker

apalisoc_9
04-20-2017, 11:41 PM

:lmao

I've been really hard on Westbrook this year, but Pop is really showing him what true ego is. :lol

Never seen an Individual in a team sport ever pull this shit. Not baseball, not hockey, not soccer...never.

FkLA
04-20-2017, 11:50 PM
He's the most egotistical coach in the league that's for sure. By far. Maybe in all of sports. No other coach would even think of sabotaging a playoff game to emasculate his best players much less actually do it, tbh.

DPG21920
04-20-2017, 11:52 PM
Anyone have a link to the Pop presser

GSH
04-20-2017, 11:53 PM
:pop: "Is there a question in there somewhere? It's just a game."

SpursforSix
04-20-2017, 11:55 PM
He benched the entire first squad 3 minutes into the 3rd because of a 4-0 run.

And in which Parker had two dumb turnovers.

SpursforSix
04-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Anyone have a link to the Pop presser

Yeah...here it is.

:pop: "Is there a question in there somewhere? It's just a game."

YGWHI
04-20-2017, 11:59 PM

TO 9...9!!!

Cavs were -25 remaining 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter and Lou let his starters on court and also played them the whole 3rd quarter but Pop... SMH

HarlemHeat37
04-21-2017, 12:00 AM
TO 9...9!!!

Cavs were -25 remaining 3 minutes in the 2nd quarter and Lou let his starters on court and also played them the whole 3rd quarter but Pop... SMH

Not just 9, but 9 against the 20th ranked offense in the NBA:lol

Crazymaddopeyo
04-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Starters weren't going to comeback. Stupid to have them play hard and risk injury, plus...fuck them they weren't playing with any intensity. This guy has won championships doing this, you think you'd be used to it.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 12:08 AM
This is the reason no star ever comes here. Pop ruining Kawhi's PPG late in the season.... benching the starters in a playoff game down single digits.... ISO postup 1990's offense.... quitter

sasaint
04-21-2017, 12:09 AM
And in which Parker had two dumb turnovers.

You could tell from Tony's closed mouth and clipped responses in the post-game interview that Pop had already threatened to castrate him.

apalisoc_9
This is the reason no star ever comes here. Pop ruining Kawhi's PPG late in the season.... benching the starters in a playoff game down single digits.... ISO postup 1990's offense.... quitter

Read the post above you..

YGWHI
Subbing out Kawhi in that manner--with total disregard for his body of work in the series so far and season as whole-- was embarrassing and freaking disgusting..

Kawhi was the only Spur making shots consistently...6/9 16 pts in the first half. After benched him early in the 3rd, he just took 2 shots in the 2nd half

Two things about that.

-Pop is the only one who can stop Kawhi in the series.

-Kawhi is quiet but not stupid.
After Pop benched him, he was passing the ball instead of being aggressive taking shots/forcing it/drawing fouls... Going on his own way, Kawhi made a strong statement vs Pop..."You NEED me"

Sadly, Pop doesnt give a shit about that "Need you? Nah...They ONLY need ME" :lol

FkLA
04-21-2017, 12:11 AM
Starters weren't going to comeback. Stupid to have them play hard and risk injury, plus...fuck them they weren't playing with any intensity. This guy has won championships doing this, you think you'd be used to it.

They for sure weren't coming back from a 9 point deficit with 22 mins left, against a mediocre offensive team? Idiots like you are why Pop can pull shit like this without any criticism.

On second thought, you have to be a fucking troll. No way are you for real.

dabom
04-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Kawhi was the only Spur making shots consistently...6/9 16 pts in the first half. After benched him early in the 3rd, he just took 2 shots in the 2nd half

Two things about that.

-Pop is the only one who can stop Kawhi in the series.

-Kawhi is quiet but not stupid.
After Pop benched him, he was passing the ball instead of being aggressive taking shots/forcing it/drawing fouls... Going on his own way, Kawhi made a strong statement vs Pop..."You NEED me"

Sadly, Pop doesnt give a shit about that "Need you? Nah...They ONLY need ME" :lol

This is what I saw too. He did this game 7 of the clippers series. "Trust the team" failed him then, and Pop is doing it again. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Read the post above you..

Fucking vanilla fans. Wouldnt be surprised if he believes in "CIA Pop"

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 12:17 AM

That's a shitty take. Bench Leonard because the Grizz made a tiny run. He needed to pull Parker at most. But you gotta let the stars try to figure it out and respond. Putting that second team in basically sent the message to Memphis that they were getting to the Spurs. Conley, Zee, and Gasol have been around long enough to know it was time to really get after it.

dabom
04-21-2017, 12:19 AM
It's like when pop benched kawhi after 5 minutes in game 6 vs okc and the game blew up. :lmao

spursistan
04-21-2017, 12:21 AM
There is a reason Pop wants no part of assertive and outspoken African american players. Him being a fan of Kobe/Lebron is one of the biggest facade put up in the entire league all over those years..

Going to be interesting to see how he deals with all those characters in Team USA..

ElNono
04-21-2017, 12:21 AM

risk injury? with 24 mins to play? this is the fucking playoffs

FkLA
04-21-2017, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't have even taken out Enrique and everyone knows how I feel about him. He's done a decent job on Conley defensively and Paddy was hot with the bench unit in the first half. Just call a timeout and chew them out, tell them to get their heads out of their asses like any other coach without an inflated ego would have. That would've been more than enough.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 12:23 AM
There is a reason Pop wants no part of assertive and outspoken African american players. Him being a fan of Kobe/Lebron is one of the biggest facade put up in the entire league all over those years..

Going to be interesting to see how he deals with all those characters in Team USA..
Will probably bronze it up again

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 12:27 AM
It's like when pop benched kawhi after 5 minutes in game 6 vs okc and the game blew up. :lmao

Yup...

That was disgusting

Robz4000
04-21-2017, 12:28 AM
Been saying it for two years now. Pop needs to go.

DMC
04-21-2017, 12:31 AM
Kawhi looked like he was planning his next team during the 4th quarter on the bench.

Unfortunatly this senile fraud will retire after he left the franchise in shambles

This is why Kawhi will be somewhere else in a few years as well. Today it's about your bank account and that's not just your payroll from the franchise now. Kawhi could be making serious bank if the franchise he played for treated him like a marquee player instead of a cog. He could have multiple endorsement contracts because his quiet demeanor is marketable to a large NBA population who are tired of the showboat stars. and are attracted to the work ethic, shut up and work... but I get it, I'm a Spurs fan, and I want him to stick around. His demeanor suggests he's not interested in all the hoopla but there are only so many Tim Duncans around, big impact stars who will forego all the big money to also forego all the bullshit that goes along with it. If Kawhi wants wealth, if he realizes he could now be in a situation where he's on the WCF bubble every year, he could opt to make some lesser team better instead of sharing the space with the Tony Parkers of the world.

Then I caught a lot of shit for saying it. :lol

I am a fucking prophet here. I truly am.

SpursforSix
I wouldn't have even taken out Enrique and everyone knows how I feel about him. He's done a decent job on Conley defensively and Paddy was hot with the bench unit in the first half. Just call a timeout and chew them out, tell them to get their heads out of their asses like any other coach without an inflated ego would have. That would've been more than enough.

I agree with the idea. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough. But he should have least given them that much respect. And a chance to somehow climb back...from 4 points. If they kept sucking, then whatever. But you're right..why not call a TO and get after them. Was he too lazy or was he overthinking everyone bitching about his predictable time outs?

Of all the times for him to call a TO, that would have been a good one.

HarlemHeat37
risk injury? with 24 mins to play? this is the fucking playoffs

Wouldn't surprise me if that's what Pop was thinking, tbh:lol

Didn't Kawhi only play like 35 MPG vs. OKC in last year's playoffs?

weeks
04-21-2017, 12:32 AM
pop starting to believe his own shit :lmao
"get over yourself", thinks he's the genius behind all 5 rings :lmao
can't just dump it to timmy anymore; immediately gets exposed for the senile retard he really is :lmao
thinking this team can seriously compete for a championship without someone to regulate pop's insane ego :nope

the more and more i see of pop the less and less impressed i am.

makes me respect 21 even more tbh...what a legend that man was. GOAT with pop hiding behind his skirt

DMC
04-21-2017, 12:34 AM
But Pop knew he was dealing with the momentum from Fizdale's meltdown. He'll be better next game. He expects to see SA show Memphis respect, play hard defense, not that shit Pau and David Lee were doing by letting fat ass Zbo dunk down a wide open lane.

It doesn't matter though, whether its Memphis or the next team. The Spurs have a glass ceiling called the Warriors. There's no trophy in store for winning the 1st or 2nd round, and unlike the Clippers they don't hang division banners.

FkLA
04-21-2017, 12:35 AM
Bigger ego: Pop or fat boy DMC?

DMC
04-21-2017, 12:35 AM
I agree with the idea. Maybe it wouldn't have been enough. But he should have least given them that much respect. And a chance to somehow climb back...from 4 points. If they kept sucking, then whatever. But you're right..why not call a TO and get after them. Was he too lazy or was he overthinking everyone bitching about his predictable time outs?

Of all the times for him to call a TO, that would have been a good one.

Pop got disgusted when fathead couldn't bring the ball up the floor without dribbling it out of bounds.

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 12:38 AM
Pop got disgusted when fathead couldn't bring the ball up the floor without dribbling it out of bounds.

Anderson has no business being in this series. I think Pop has lost whatever fire and edge he had. And a Duncan. I think he's gotten lazy and just tries some drastic shit to see if it works.

Like a poker player going on tilt.

weeks
04-21-2017, 12:39 AM
seriously though, pop is way too fucking cute, way too enamored with his reputation, and he gives up way too easily

a rebound away from your 5th championship and he subs the greatest player to ever carry his ass
now he just waves the white flag the second he feels like he might get humiliated again
"you didnt beat us we just stopped playing" yeah pop my 10 year old son would coach that way too

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 12:41 AM
But Pop knew he was dealing with the momentum from Fizdale's meltdown. He'll be better next game. He expects to see SA show Memphis respect, play hard defense, not that shit Pau and David Lee were doing by letting fat ass Zbo dunk down a wide open lane.

It doesn't matter though, whether its Memphis or the next team. The Spurs have a glass ceiling called the Warriors. There's no trophy in store for winning the 1st or 2nd round, and unlike the Clippers they don't hang division banners.

Lol. I hope it's just a glass ceiling. Our backcourt tells me, it's fucking concrete. I'm still not giving up, but I've accepted the fact that the Spurs will need some opponents to have some terrible games.

Snaq O'Meal
04-21-2017, 12:46 AM

They will try to "re-accommodate" him if he tries to pull his egotistical shit on them.

vander
04-21-2017, 12:48 AM

Tim Duncan won championships, Pop helped about as much as Spoelstra/Lou

DMC
04-21-2017, 12:49 AM
Anderson has no business being in this series. I think Pop has lost whatever fire and edge he had. And a Duncan. I think he's gotten lazy and just tries some drastic shit to see if it works.

Like a poker player going on tilt.

Like a play money poker player going all in every hand. He's got on paper a decent squad. They have a good record. They have a sterling reputation. They'll fold like hot sheets out of a dryer as soon as they meet a team with more than one offensive threat.

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 12:55 AM
seriously though, pop is way too fucking cute, way too enamored with his reputation, and he gives up way too easily

a rebound away from your 5th championship and he subs the greatest player to ever carry his ass
now he just waves the white flag the second he feels like he might get humiliated again
"you didnt beat us we just stopped playing" yeah pop my 10 year old son would coach that way too

:wow

Bold this man

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 12:57 AM
Like a play money poker player going all in every hand. He's got on paper a decent squad. They have a good record. They have a sterling reputation. They'll fold like hot sheets out of a dryer as soon as they meet a team with more than one offensive threat.

I don't know about all that. I'm just saying Pop might be too lazy to grind it out. You have one of the best players in the league. There's no other coach in the league that benches their best player in a critical game like that. And it's not like Leonard fucked up terribly. Benching the whole team was basically admission that Pop wasn't cognizant enough to identify what the specific issues were. I'm not sure if he even pays much attention to the game. Maybe he looks up at the score once in awhile.

DMC
04-21-2017, 01:08 AM
I don't know about all that. I'm just saying Pop might be too lazy to grind it out. You have one of the best players in the league. There's no other coach in the league that benches their best player in a critical game like that. And it's not like Leonard fucked up terribly. Benching the whole team was basically admission that Pop wasn't cognizant enough to identify what the specific issues were. I'm not sure if he even pays much attention to the game. Maybe he looks up at the score once in awhile.

No, else they'd be the Grizzlies or Jazz or some other cusp team. Pop has a reason, it doesn't make sense and if it doesn't pan out it never will, but to him it does. He knows it's a series, not a single game. Remember against the Thunder when Pop did something similar and CoJo went top shelf on Ibaka? That ignited the Spurs who would go on to win the series and make the Finals, and I think to win the ring (don't recall which year that was tbh). Either way it was one of those moments that trash ball was happening but the Thunder kept their players in because they stat padded like fuck (like Doc's players). As if they were going to win 3 games in one night.

It annoys me too, but I think he doesn't get that worked up over it. He just knows they aren't in synch for whatever reason. Tbh, they should have been up double digits at the half but they were playing like shit. Manu has dropped off the face of the planet, not sure what happened to him but he even looks like he's different, in the face and his body language.

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 01:20 AM
No, else they'd be the Grizzlies or Jazz or some other cusp team. Pop has a reason, it doesn't make sense and if it doesn't pan out it never will, but to him it does. He knows it's a series, not a single game. Remember against the Thunder when Pop did something similar and CoJo went top shelf on Ibaka? That ignited the Spurs who would go on to win the series and make the Finals, and I think to win the ring (don't recall which year that was tbh). Either way it was one of those moments that trash ball was happening but the Thunder kept their players in because they stat padded like fuck (like Doc's players). As if they were going to win 3 games in one night.

It annoys me too, but I think he doesn't get that worked up over it. He just knows they aren't in synch for whatever reason. Tbh, they should have been up double digits at the half but they were playing like shit. Manu has dropped off the face of the planet, not sure what happened to him but he even looks like he's different, in the face and his body language.

IDK. Maybe. But you try something enough, it will work. And if you get a ring in the process, you're a genius. Pop definitely gave up one. 2014 redeemed him to everyone but he should have had 2013. We'll never know how another coach would have done. But it's still hard to fathom they never repeated. Not saying it's all Pops fault by any means. Without him, Spurs probably don't have Manu and Parker. And maybe Duncan doesn't stay. But some of his in game decisions in critical moments are confounding. But of course it's all hindsight. But there have been plenty of WTF decisions that were recognized at the time. When Phil and Riley had their prime players, they repeated. Pop never did.

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 01:22 AM
And he only made the Finals twice in a row one time.

DMC
04-21-2017, 01:23 AM
IDK. Maybe. But you try something enough, it will work. And if you get a ring in the process, you're a genius. Pop definitely gave up one. 2014 redeemed him to everyone but he should have had 2013. We'll never know how another coach would have done. But it's still hard to fathom they never repeated. Not saying it's all Pops fault by any means. Without him, Spurs probably don't have Manu and Parker. And maybe Duncan doesn't stay. But some of his in game decisions in critical moments are confounding. But of course it's all hindsight. But there have been plenty of WTF decisions that were recognized at the time. When Phil and Riley had their prime players, they repeated. Pop never did.

We know what 29 other coaches didn't do.

DMC
04-21-2017, 01:27 AM
And he only made the Finals twice in a row one time.

He's rarely had the far and away best team. He's had to beat the stacked teams to get anything. Had to beat the Lakers, the SSOL, the Heatles, the Pistons who were probably our hardest out and who were defending champs, having beaten probably the most talented team ever assembled (on paper). He had to beat Lebron 2x. Had to beat the good versions of the Knicks and the Nets.

You think that's luck? 5 is 5. Same as Phil has after he left Chicago and had numerous stacked teams and 140m a year in salary.

FkLA
04-21-2017, 01:30 AM
Surprisingly the media did ask the players about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmoEa5Oo1OY

Here's Poop's response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEJaYn2Zek

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 01:32 AM
He's rarely had the far and away best team. He's had to beat the stacked teams to get anything. Had to beat the Lakers, the SSOL, the Heatles, the Pistons who were probably our hardest out and who were defending champs, having beaten probably the most talented team ever assembled (on paper). He had to beat Lebron 2x. Had to beat the good versions of the Knicks and the Nets.

You think that's luck? 5 is 5. Same as Phil has after he left Chicago and had numerous stacked teams and 140m a year in salary.

No...it's not luck. But you're over estimating a lot of those Eastern teams in those years. Other than that Pistons team.

Proxy
04-21-2017, 01:48 AM
Pulling the starters is playing the long game imo... he leaves the starters in and there's a good chance they keep it within striking distance and wake up in the 4th. If they want to advance to the WCF and have any kind of miracle chance of beating GS, they can't come out like they did in the 3rd quarter. If that's the reason Pop pulled them like that, then I'm for it.

Most likely though, Pop is an egotistical controlfuck, LMA and Pau are pussies, Kawhi choked, TP and Manu are tosbs, and Green and Patty suck. ;

Snaq O'Meal
04-21-2017, 01:50 AM

Sam Presti was credited for discovering Parker, while PATFO got very lucky for selecting Ginobili as an afterthought after getting their man in Giricek.

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 02:16 AM
Pulling the starters is playing the long game imo... he leaves the starters in and there's a good chance they keep it within striking distance and wake up in the 4th. If they want to advance to the WCF and have any kind of miracle chance of beating GS, they can't come out like they did in the 3rd quarter. If that's the reason Pop pulled them like that, then I'm for it.

Most likely though, Pop is an egotistical controlfuck, LMA and Pau are pussies, Kawhi choked, TP and Manu are tosbs, and Green and Patty suck. ;
Don't forget afathead has no business playing and Simmons is a scrub...

we are leaving Dijon and Davis out of it bc it's not their season to save but I am sure guys will cook something up for next season... along the lines of how skinny one is and how the other doesn't grab a rebound to save his life and gets bullied by true bigs. Lol

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 02:50 AM

Here's Poop's response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEJaYn2Zek

Manu didn't sound too happy with the decision. :lol

siraulo23
04-21-2017, 03:53 AM
Literally zero production from Parker and Manu

TP blew his load, it's obvious his production was gonna drop off. Manu too, old af, at this point I aint event mad at TP and Manu, they just dont have it physically anymore obviously. Lee and Dedmon basically no impact in the game, what happens when Pau stops hitting 3s? Its gonna happen sooner or later. Basically Kawhi needs to score 30+ every night, Aldridge at least 20, then a couple of players need to get hot, Mills etc... just to get past the Grizzlies.

Jsn
04-21-2017, 04:05 AM
It's obvious pop made a mistake to pull the starters in the first minute of the 3rd quarter.In his press conference he actually spoke on the topic of some type of emotion, being his frustration. He also mentioned how he was disappointed. Disappointed his starters didn't respond with the proper fear to start the 3rd and disappointed his bench couldn't make some type of response, they had proven all year they were capable of that, and probably disappointed in the very decision.

The spurs battled hard in the first half and were only down by four when memphis was rolling. The incident to start the 3rd quarter happened and the game just got away. It's obvious pop wishes he could take it back, you don't think he's human and thoughts are not going through his brain? It was a horrible decision to not let our guys fight through the turmoil as they had all of the first half, no shit he f-ed up, everyone sees it.

The starters come back in at the 8 minute mark, and for Kawhi to not take it upon himself at that point and lead by example and bail pop out and dominate like he's supposed to dominate, was also very disappointing. That's the next step in his game that he needs to take. Instead of steadying the ship like Timmy might have been able to, he let memphis tip us over. Instead of fighting with every ounce of strength to get us back into this game, he folded, into a passive state. He's missing that killer instinct that a kobe had, and a manu had. He needs to realize sometimes it's going to be on him and only him to win a basketball game. He should have had pops back, cause coaches make mistakes too.

Timmy covered up 1000x mistakes and flaws in the spurs, pop toasts to it at all team dinners from what I've read. Thank Timmy for this, this is all because of Timmy. Kawhi needs to become that guy to be the best player in the NBA and for us to have a chance at beating the warriors. Everyone who knows and watches ball can see he has the talent. Timmy is gone, it's his time to become that guy. He should have had pops back, or should have at least fought like he had his back.

But Saturday will be here quick and he'll get another chance. Kawhi will dominate. Spurs in 5.

Slippy
04-21-2017, 04:19 AM
May not agree with it but sending a msg during the rugular season to his players i understand. Its pops style.

Benching starters 1min into the third, down 9 of a playoff game is crazy . Cant remember the last time pop did this if ever.

Theres been plenty of games this season where the team has been down like this in the second half , has regrouped to win. Doesnt make sense when all was needed is a timeout & a earful from pop.

Getting too old for the nba perhaps. Losing patience quicker is a old person trait.

tenbeersbold
04-21-2017, 06:51 AM
Pop didn't go far enough tbh
He should've rested Kawhai and LA cause the NBA's prescripted narrative guaranteed a Spurs loss.

From the hilarious script Fisdale's rant which believe me was written and prepared in advance and most likely approved of by Grizz ownership all probably cleared at NBA HQ to the fake Conley 500 ticket giveaway that was surely a front office stunt,no player is forking out that dough lmfao,though Conley should counter to popular narrative he's the most overpaid PG in the league.

NBA needs a narrative as other series are boring and they know Patfo won't play those games so they run them

Seventyniner
04-21-2017, 08:05 AM
The benching was inexplicable and a bad idea. But claims that it definitely cost the team the game are just plain untrue. Nobody can know what would have happened, the Spurs very well could have lost anyway.

Clipper Nation
04-21-2017, 08:06 AM
:lol Today's Poop
Poop needs to stop letting P0rker "pull him back in," tbh.

Mark Celibate
04-21-2017, 08:12 AM
:lol the media eats this shit up, too, tbh..

"oh that silly Pop!! only he would make a move like this!!"

Yeah the media obsession with Pop is at strange levels. There's a semen cloud over ESPN studios every time he takes a breath.

"Oh, you better behave in San Antonio no matter who you are! Yuck yuck good 'ol pop! what a class act"

Everything he does is a class act because he has 5 rings. He was a complete asshole to Sager for years, but in some weird distortion of reality, it was called "class".

rjv
04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
i'm not sure what to think of the move. he did the same in 2014 against OKC and the move seemed to work. fact is, we were getting our asses handed to us so getting parker and green off the court wasn't all that terrible. in fact, when LMA came back he seemed more focused. i think the squad comes back with greater focus in game 4. on a side note, murray got some great PT and it was hilarious that manu was kept out entirely.

rjv
04-21-2017, 09:39 AM

You think that's luck? 5 is 5. Same as Phil has after he left Chicago and had numerous stacked teams and 140m a year in salary. you'll never convince the self proclaimed experts here that they are off on their takes regarding pop. apparently, years of watching basketball on TV makes one an authority on the sport.

rasuo214
04-21-2017, 10:08 AM
If Pop wanted to send a message he should have benched Parker and Dedmon, the 2 guys who actually made mistakes. That would have shown that Pop wasn't tolerating any mistakes, or he could have gone the Murray or Bertans route to try and get a spark with the rest of the SL. There's just so many other things Pop could have done (and has done in the past) that gets the message across without shooting the team in the foot. Who knows though, if the team straightens shit out then maybe there really is a method to the madness. It just didn't work last night.

DMC
04-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Yeah the media obsession with Pop is at strange levels. There's a semen cloud over ESPN studios every time he takes a breath.

"Oh, you better behave in San Antonio no matter who you are! Yuck yuck good 'ol pop! what a class act"

Everything he does is a class act because he has 5 rings. He was a complete asshole to Sager for years, but in some weird distortion of reality, it was called "class".
No one gave 2 shits about Sager until he was diagnosed with cancer.

DMC
04-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Pop didn't go far enough tbh
He should've rested Kawhai and LA cause the NBA's prescripted narrative guaranteed a Spurs loss.

From the hilarious script Fisdale's rant which believe me was written and prepared in advance and most likely approved of by Grizz ownership all probably cleared at NBA HQ to the fake Conley 500 ticket giveaway that was surely a front office stunt,no player is forking out that dough lmfao,though Conley should counter to popular narrative he's the most overpaid PG in the league.

NBA needs a narrative as other series are boring and they know Patfo won't play those games so they run them

I don't get the 9PM starts for the Spurs. That's ludicrous. You play till 11pm at night. They should all start around the same time, and you should be able to select which one you want to watch. Fuck TNT.

DMC
04-21-2017, 11:21 AM
No...it's not luck. But you're over estimating a lot of those Eastern teams in those years. Other than that Pistons team.

Dude, there are 30 teams in the league every year. Every year 29 of them go home without a ring. You can only beat who you have in front of you, but you have to get there first. So are you saying Pop is overrated because the rest of the league is weak? As if Pop has other-worldly level talent on his roster?

Tim, Tony, Manu. Everyone else was a scrub until Kawhi. That's basically the truth.

The_Coyote
04-21-2017, 11:26 AM
This will all come out in the wash by the end of the week. Spurs in 5.

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 11:43 AM
It's obvious pop made a mistake to pull the starters in the first minute of the 3rd quarter.In his press conference he actually spoke on the topic of some type of emotion, being his frustration. He also mentioned how he was disappointed. Disappointed his starters didn't respond with the proper fear to start the 3rd and disappointed his bench couldn't make some type of response, they had proven all year they were capable of that, and probably disappointed in the very decision.

The spurs battled hard in the first half and were only down by four when memphis was rolling. The incident to start the 3rd quarter happened and the game just got away. It's obvious pop wishes he could take it back, you don't think he's human and thoughts are not going through his brain? It was a horrible decision to not let our guys fight through the turmoil as they had all of the first half, no shit he f-ed up, everyone sees it.

The starters come back in at the 8 minute mark, and for Kawhi to not take it upon himself at that point and lead by example and bail pop out and dominate like he's supposed to dominate, was also very disappointing. That's the next step in his game that he needs to take. Instead of steadying the ship like Timmy might have been able to, he let memphis tip us over. Instead of fighting with every ounce of strength to get us back into this game, he folded, into a passive state. He's missing that killer instinct that a kobe had, and a manu had. He needs to realize sometimes it's going to be on him and only him to win a basketball game. He should have had pops back, cause coaches make mistakes too.

Timmy covered up 1000x mistakes and flaws in the spurs, pop toasts to it at all team dinners from what I've read. Thank Timmy for this, this is all because of Timmy. Kawhi needs to become that guy to be the best player in the NBA and for us to have a chance at beating the warriors. Everyone who knows and watches ball can see he has the talent. Timmy is gone, it's his time to become that guy. He should have had pops back, or should have at least fought like he had his back.

But Saturday will be here quick and he'll get another chance. Kawhi will dominate. Spurs in 5.
Good post... 1 post count and this one is it.
well said.
I think Kawhi will be upset and come back with fire and I think the rest of the team too.
For what it's worth, the young players Pop had in the 4th Q fought hard and some of them discovering their games in the playoffs and showing confidence is a good thing.

coachmac87
04-21-2017, 12:17 PM
The move was somewhat head scratching but I can't make judgement until Game 4 is played.

I understand Pop frustration though..Spurs played like shit the first half and missed a ton of FT's and the focus and urgency was lacking. I left to go get food in the 2nd quarter cause I could feel the momentum and energy...Spurs didn't look ready.

People are asking why Pop just didn't call a TO?? They literally just left the locker room and I'm sure he said what was needed to be said and it didn't work..

The lack of energy and focus continued..YOU CANNOT TURNOVER THE BALL INBOUNDING AFTER A MAKE!! Pop didn't waive the white flag he just tried to send a message and it didn't work.

The team came out flat but that's expected when you completely dominate for 85% of the first two games..Grizz had their backs against the wall and felt inspired by their coaches rant...

Again we can judge this move after Game 4. If we win it won't matter and it could be the thing that lit a fire..or we can lose Game 4 and look back on this and use this as the swing in the series

unleashbaynes
04-21-2017, 12:19 PM
:madrun how dare Pop lose a playoff game!! We should go 16-0! :madrun

I wasn't a fan of the the benching, and i don't like watching Kyle Anderson attempt to play NBA level basketball, but the team flat out stank last night. The Grizzlies were on fire from downtown, and Gasol and Randolph were playing very physical in the post. Gotta give them their props there.

Before last might we'd won 10 straight playoff games against them. They were due.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Second year in a row he calls out that god awful bench. They've really shitted the bed the last 3 years, getting shat on by Austin Rivers and Big Baby, Kanter and Adams, Vince Carter and Ennis...

UZER
04-21-2017, 12:47 PM

It's because he speaks out against trump.

rjv
04-21-2017, 02:04 PM
by the way, on the FSN broadcast, neither elliott or land made any comments about the move. i mean, they come back from the break and all the starters are off and they just kept going off on one of their tangents, as usual.

Barfunk
04-21-2017, 02:44 PM
Agree with most everyone here. I thought I was hallucinating when I came back to notice that Kawhi was out of the game at the 10 minute mark. Fucking disgraceful by Pop. Really makes your blood boil as a fan. The only way he makes up for that shit is a championship this year.

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 02:44 PM
by the way, on the FSN broadcast, neither elliott or land made any comments about the move. i mean, they come back from the break and all the starters are off and they just kept going off on one of their tangents, as usual.

Typical...

UZER
04-21-2017, 02:56 PM

If they would've talk about it, then during mid qtr timeout they would have also be subbed out and the new guys on the telecast would've carried on with nary a peep of bill land and Sean.

04-21-2017, 03:19 PM
2015-2017, has Pop been the worst playoff coach on a contender?

04-21-2017, 03:22 PM

Here's Poop's response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMEJaYn2Zek"Does it surprise you that Pop would do that in a playoff game"

"uh no"

LMAO

TD 21
04-21-2017, 05:20 PM
Outside of Leonard, I didn't have a problem with it. As cliché as it sounds, it was obvious they didn't have the same intensity as the Grizzlies and the usual laboring offense was about to go into full effect. He tried to pre-emptively guard against it; it just didn't work this time.

I don't care if "the deficit was only 9 and the Grizzlies are a mediocre team", you've got to take things on a case by case basis and not just default to sweeping generalizations. Other than Leonard, this is a team that requires constant mixing and matching to be at their best. They can't sustain anything because unfortunately their fortunes are still largely tied to whether at least one of Parker or Ginobili "has it" that night.

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 08:22 PM
Dude, there are 30 teams in the league every year. Every year 29 of them go home without a ring. You can only beat who you have in front of you, but you have to get there first. So are you saying Pop is overrated because the rest of the league is weak? As if Pop has other-worldly level talent on his roster?

Tim, Tony, Manu. Everyone else was a scrub until Kawhi. That's basically the truth.

I'm saying that Pop makes some dumb in game decisions. And they seem to be getting more frequent with his age. Why is it so hard to believe that he might be mentally slipping? It's what happens when people get old.

FkLA
04-21-2017, 10:10 PM
Oh look, OKC gives up the lead because they gave up a 9-0 run out of the half. Donovan calls a timeout but instead of going on an ego trip he leaves his best horses in and OKC comes back, regains the lead, and pushes it back up to 7.

DMC
04-21-2017, 10:27 PM
Oh look, OKC gives up the lead because they gave up a 9-0 run out of the half. Donovan calls a timeout but instead of going on an ego trip he leaves his best horses in and OKC comes back, regains the lead, and pushes it back up to 7.
Oh look, Thunder are down 0-2. Spurs are up 2-1.

DMC
04-21-2017, 10:30 PM
I'm saying that Pop makes some dumb in game decisions. And they seem to be getting more frequent with his age. Why is it so hard to believe that he might be mentally slipping? It's what happens when people get old.

You went from saying something everyone might agree with to saying Pop was never that good, that he never beat any good teams, that's he's been overrated because he had Tim Duncan.

"But you try something enough, it will work. And if you get a ring in the process, you're a genius. Pop definitely gave up one. 2014 redeemed him to everyone but he should have had 2013. We'll never know how another coach would have done. But it's still hard to fathom they never repeated. Not saying it's all Pops fault by any means. Without him, Spurs probably don't have Manu and Parker. And maybe Duncan doesn't stay. But some of his in game decisions in critical moments are confounding. But of course it's all hindsight. But there have been plenty of WTF decisions that were recognized at the time. When Phil and Riley had their prime players, they repeated. Pop never did."

This has absolutely zero to do with this:

"I'm saying that Pop makes some dumb in game decisions. And they seem to be getting more frequent with his age."

SpursforSix
04-21-2017, 11:08 PM
You went from saying something everyone might agree with to saying Pop was never that good, that he never beat any good teams, that's he's been overrated because he had Tim Duncan.

"But you try something enough, it will work. And if you get a ring in the process, you're a genius. Pop definitely gave up one. 2014 redeemed him to everyone but he should have had 2013. We'll never know how another coach would have done. But it's still hard to fathom they never repeated. Not saying it's all Pops fault by any means. Without him, Spurs probably don't have Manu and Parker. And maybe Duncan doesn't stay. But some of his in game decisions in critical moments are confounding. But of course it's all hindsight. But there have been plenty of WTF decisions that were recognized at the time. When Phil and Riley had their prime players, they repeated. Pop never did."

This has absolutely zero to do with this:

"I'm saying that Pop makes some dumb in game decisions. And they seem to be getting more frequent with his age."

I stand behind everything I said. Fire him.

Yuixafun
04-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Everyone giving Leonard a pass... he was passively a problem too. He was sort of tantrumming on offense, calling for the ball in odd places, and had some key defensive mistakes. It reminded me of when Kobe had that game where he stopped shooting to prove a point. Besides splashing a deep three, and one mean dunk Kawhi offense was so so... he left a few shots short... even that Jordan imitation fingeroll fail. I had to laugh at that trash. I love Kawhi but he needed to get his head out of his ass too.

FkLA
04-22-2017, 12:15 AM
Everyone giving Leonard a pass... he was passively a problem too. He was sort of tantrumming on offense, calling for the ball in odd places, and had some key defensive mistakes. It reminded me of when Kobe had that game where he stopped shooting to prove a point. Besides splashing a deep three, and one mean dunk Kawhi offense was so so... he left a few shots short... even that Jordan imitation fingeroll fail. I had to laugh at that trash. I love Kawhi but he needed to get his head out of his ass too.

Not everyone:

Kawhi needs to step the fuck up too. His passiveness is probably the second biggest reason (besides Poop's idiotic teaching moment) why their lead ballooned to 18.

skulls138
04-22-2017, 04:18 AM
Everyone giving Leonard a pass... he was passively a problem too. He was sort of tantrumming on offense, calling for the ball in odd places, and had some key defensive mistakes. It reminded me of when Kobe had that game where he stopped shooting to prove a point. Besides splashing a deep three, and one mean dunk Kawhi offense was so so... he left a few shots short... even that Jordan imitation fingeroll fail. I had to laugh at that trash. I love Kawhi but he needed to get his head out of his ass too.Maybe Kawhis "tantrums" are whats right for the team.

DMC
04-22-2017, 10:16 AM
Spurs don't play well with the "one man gets 40pts" style of play. That's what the Spurs are relegated to now. It works ok in the RS when it's a one-two movement but when there's the one-two-three ball movement (or even four and five), you see a better point balance. Right now the Spurs don't have a nice scoring balance. It's troubling.

UZER
04-22-2017, 12:30 PM
Spurs don't play well with the "one man gets 40pts" style of play. That's what the Spurs are relegated to now. It works ok in the RS when it's a one-two movement but when there's the one-two-three ball movement (or even four and five), you see a better point balance. Right now the Spurs don't have a nice scoring balance. It's troubling.

Because Aldridge is a pussy.

DMC
04-22-2017, 01:22 PM
Because Aldridge is a pussy.
He didn't become a pussy suddenly when he came to SA. He just had to adapt to the role of a cog instead of a star. Spurs are now cog heavy, star light. Tony and Manu no longer bring it, and there's no Boris Diaw/Tiago/Marco combo to move the ball around. Now you have a bunch of scrubs and Dedmon who is worse than Nazr. Pau Gasol and David Lee aren't the scorers they used to be, neither were ever even decent defenders. The Spurs built a 2nd round playoff team hoping that it would sell season tickets. They knew damn well what they were doing. Kawhi has surprised even them with his efficiency and abilities, but he cannot polish a turd into a diamond.

Spurs need a real point guard and a legit center. You could say the same for half the NBA but they don't have Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi is what you build around.

UZER
04-22-2017, 01:39 PM
He didn't become a pussy suddenly when he came to SA. He just had to adapt to the role of a cog instead of a star. Spurs are now cog heavy, star light. Tony and Manu no longer bring it, and there's no Boris Diaw/Tiago/Marco combo to move the ball around. Now you have a bunch of scrubs and Dedmon who is worse than Nazr. Pau Gasol and David Lee aren't the scorers they used to be, neither were ever even decent defenders. The Spurs built a 2nd round playoff team hoping that it would sell season tickets. They knew damn well what they were doing. Kawhi has surprised even them with his efficiency and abilities, but he cannot polish a turd into a diamond.

Spurs need a real point guard and a legit center. You could say the same for half the NBA but they don't have Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi is what you build around.

Yes, he's always been a pussy. He's just more of a pussy under Pop.

duncan2k5
04-22-2017, 03:09 PM
Pop doesn't know how to make easy shots for jawhi and Aldridge... They always end up catching the ball at the 3 point line, then trying to make something out of nothing...no sets are run that have Aldridge catching it down low, and tony isn't good enough to run a decent pick and roll/pop because he isn't an offensive threat...kawhi needs to catch the ball in the mid post, and run a pick with LA...third thing they can do is run a curl for kawhi ...he will garner enough attention to where he dumps it to LA or dedmon...and if he doesn't, he eats

poeticism707
04-22-2017, 04:04 PM
TO 9...9!!!

:rollin :rollin :rollin

timtonymanu
04-22-2017, 10:23 PM
The little things can shift momentum in a series. Team started the 2nd half today similar to how they did in Game 3. And almost took home the W. Another playoff run of us questioning Pops decisions and it's costing the team again.

spursistan
04-22-2017, 10:32 PM
How about this faggot punting playoff games, how does it look now? :lol

ElNono
04-22-2017, 10:34 PM
yup... now it's a 3 game series... we were down 9 in the 3rd too this game and took it all the way to OT, had a chance to win it in regulation

SAGirl
04-28-2017, 05:36 AM
Media:
What was the difference between game 6 coming from behind and game 3?
Kawhi:
We didn't get subbed out. Pop let us regroup and come back into the game and focus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGRDXk6V8w4

Slippy
04-28-2017, 06:03 AM
Thanks for posting sa girl.

Shocked to see media ask this question.

Surely, pops taught himself a lesson here

SAGirl
04-28-2017, 09:24 PM
Just bumping this thread bc I think it was referenced elsewhere how no one had made a thread about Kawhi calling Pop out.
Although many fans here had pointed out how Pop panicked and threw away game 3 with 22 minutes to go and only down 9...

bklynspursfan
04-28-2017, 09:38 PM
Very different circumstances... game 3 was the Grizz first playoff home game, they were fired up... even game 6, idk if anyone noticed, but from the jump it was nothing like game 3. Plus, it was coming after Fizales rant. No one knows for sure what Wouldve happened, but literally everything was going right for the Grizz that night.

Memphis had like 2 TO for the game, (had a couple extra in garbage time) and more of our guys looked ready to play last night. We missed like 12 FTs while Grizz went like 18-20..

I appreciate Kawhi saying that, hes a competitor, but there are many other differences between the 2 games

dabom
04-28-2017, 09:46 PM
Very different circumstances... game 3 was the Grizz first playoff home game, they were fired up... even game 6, idk if anyone noticed, but from the jump it was nothing like game 3. Plus, it was coming after Fizales rant. No one knows for sure what Wouldve happened, but literally everything was going right for the Grizz that night.

Memphis had like 2 TO for the game, (had a couple extra in garbage time) and more of our guys looked ready to play last night. We missed like 12 FTs while Grizz went like 18-20..

I appreciate Kawhi saying that, hes a competitor, but there are many other differences between the 2 games

We've swept the grizz a couple times now. It's not different. Kawhi is the Alpha and the Omega right now. :lol

YGWHI
04-29-2017, 01:39 PM

We can think they are differences but the real issue is how players feel about it.

Manu after that game and Kawhi after last game, talked about that decision. It's clear they think that Pop threw away that game with his substitution parody

DMC
04-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Just bumping this thread bc I think it was referenced elsewhere how no one had made a thread about Kawhi calling Pop out.
Although many fans here had pointed out how Pop panicked and threw away game 3 with 22 minutes to go and only down 9...

That was me.

cutewizard
04-29-2017, 09:31 PM
Onwards Spurs,

Yuixafun
04-29-2017, 11:11 PM
We can think they are differences but the real issue is how players feel about it.

Manu after that game and Kawhi after last game, talked about that decision. It's clear they think that Pop threw away that game with his substitution parody

It's a good thing they felt slighted. It means they cared, instead of being careless and Pop's ploy ultimately worked. Seems like game 3 fresh in the memory helped stoke the fire in their bellies to finish Memphis in game 6.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-30-2017, 01:51 AM
I think it was manufactured adversity from Pop, he saw that we looked like we were sleepwalking and he decided to piss away the game to make things harder on us in the first round. Im sure he figured if we couldnt close these clowns out before game 7 we werent winning jack shit anyways.

BillMc
04-30-2017, 01:59 AM
A 60 win team who is probably one of the top two teams in the world. Yet, so many are miserable...

Russo21
04-30-2017, 12:51 PM
Pop doesn't know how to make easy shots for jawhi and Aldridge... They always end up catching the ball at the 3 point line, then trying to make something out of nothing...no sets are run that have Aldridge catching it down low, and tony isn't good enough to run a decent pick and roll/pop because he isn't an offensive threat...kawhi needs to catch the ball in the mid post, and run a pick with LA...third thing they can do is run a curl for kawhi ...he will garner enough attention to where he dumps it to LA or dedmon...and if he doesn't, he eats

Sign a proper point guard. That will fix all those problems? Kawhi and LA Marcus are great 1 on 1 players butit doesn't bode too well for team ball.

The real answer is to get the ball OUT of Lma and Kawhi's hands and into the hands of a real pass first point guard who can set our two main men up. Imagine JKIDD and stevie Nash diming to Kawhi and LMA. It'd be quite a show. There'd be no one on ones, just crisp ball movemeny where the ball end up in anyone's hands. Chances are in that system then Kawhj and LMA woulk take a similar amount of shots.

ISO BALL would make it hard to win a ring
2014 BALL we don't really have the team for thag

I'd like to see us sign a real point guard this offseason. Someone like JKIDD or stevie nash, their offenses never stalled and everyone had plenty of touches in the team. Yes i know JKIDDs and Stevie Nash's dont come around very often but we need a pass first point guard who can distribute the ball into a teammates hands based on where he is and hoa position to score, not pass to him because his name is LMA or Kawhi. Juat pass the ball to the righg person and the right time.

No more iso's, get the ball out of LMA and Kawhis hands and try get a JKIDD type PG to help our team into the future. Leave the on court decisions and pass rate distribution rate up to him. Yes yes i know Stevie Nash's and JKIDDS don't grow on trees but we need to somehoe get a pass first PG who can get the ball moving and set Gasol, Aldridge and Leonard up non stop. The iso stuff isnt working well, the team ball isnt workinv as well. Time to sign an awesome floor reading/leading pass first PG who can make the team his own while helping Kawhi LMA Gasol to some pretty gaudy stats. New pass first point guard should be the number 1 priority this offseason

DMC
04-30-2017, 02:44 PM
Sign a proper point guard. That will fix all those problems? Kawhi and LA Marcus are great 1 on 1 players butit doesn't bode too well for team ball.

The real answer is to get the ball OUT of Lma and Kawhi's hands and into the hands of a real pass first point guard who can set our two main men up. Imagine JKIDD and stevie Nash diming to Kawhi and LMA. It'd be quite a show. There'd be no one on ones, just crisp ball movemeny where the ball end up in anyone's hands. Chances are in that system then Kawhj and LMA woulk take a similar amount of shots.

I'd like to see us sign a real point guard this offseason. Someone like JKIDD or stevie nash, their offenses never stalled and everyone had plenty of touches in the team. Yes i know JKIDDs and Stevie Nash's dont come around very often but we need a pass first point guard who can distribute the ball into a teammates hands based on where he is and hoa position to score, not pass to him because his name is LMA or Kawhi. Juat pass the ball to the righg person and the right time.

No more iso's, get the ball out of LMA and Kawhis hands and try get a JKIDD type PG to help our team into the future. Leave the on court decisions and pass rate distribution rate up to him. Yes yes i know Stevie Nash's and JKIDDS don't grow on trees but we need to somehoe get a pass first PG who can get the ball moving and set Gasol, Aldridge and Leonard up non stop. The iso stuff isnt working well, the team ball isnt workinv as well. Time to sign an awesome floor reading/leading pass first PG who can make the team his own while helping Kawhi LMA Gasol to some pretty gaudy stats. New pass first point guard should be the number 1 priority this offseason

Name a PG that will be available to sign this offseason that's like Kidd or Nash.

bic50
04-30-2017, 09:43 PM

Getting the ball out of you best players hands doesn't seem like a good idea. Spurs had plenty of success giving prime Timmy the ball all the time on offense.

DMC
04-30-2017, 11:35 PM
Getting the ball out of you best players hands doesn't seem like a good idea. Spurs had plenty of success giving prime Timmy the ball all the time on offense.

"your best player" almost never equals "prime Timmy".

Tim didn't bring the ball up the court. He got into his spot with the defender on his back, then he called for the ball. KL needs the ball up top but he doesn't need to point forward the ball up the court. The Spurs offense seems sometimes too geared toward going away from KL instead of going toward him. I think that's because the other team's best defender is often on KL, so KL is pulling him to the corner so Tony can operate, but it looks bad when KL just nailed a 3 and doesn't touch the ball again for 4 or 5 trips down the floor.