PDA

View Full Version : Dijon Mustard is playable against the Grizz

playbonner15
04-21-2017, 08:15 AM
We can see the kid can get inside the paint, draw fouls or pass outside to get the 3. I believe Pop played Parker as a rookie so I think he can be persuaded to give Dejounte some meaningful minutes. And looks like Kyle is kinda effective. Manu, Aldridge and Lee not so much. It's last year's OKC situation all over again

duncan2k5
04-21-2017, 09:10 AM
We can see the kid can get inside the paint, draw fouls or pass outside to get the 3. I believe Pop played Parker as a rookie so I think he can be persuaded to give Dejounte some meaningful minutes. And looks like Kyle is kinda effective. Manu, Aldridge and Lee not so much. It's last year's OKC situation all over again

THANK YOUUUU!!!! I've been saying that since the beginning of the season! Parker does nothing better than Murray right now except shoot the corner 3...and that doesn't warrant heavy minutes as the starting PG...I completely disagree about kyle though...he is one of the worst players we ever had...I dont understand how ppl can be mad at Keith van horn, when kyle is bad at everything... He ISNT a playmaker...Boris was a playmaker...kyle can hardly dribble the ball...his passes are stupid...that pass that got picked on the fast break to end the quarter was utterly stupid...he can't shoot...is super slow...and passes up shots that cause our offense to stagnate... Get this guy ALL the way the FUCK out ta here...

rjv
04-21-2017, 09:40 AM
did he look good when there was nothing on the line? yes. but hard to say how that would translate in more meaningful minutes. then again, the way parker looked out there was abysmal.

MaNu4Tres
04-21-2017, 10:00 AM
did he look good when there was nothing on the line? yes. but hard to say how that would translate in more meaningful minutes. then again, the way parker looked out there was abysmal.

When Murray HAS received opportunities to start and play 20-24 minutes with the starters, against the opposing starters, Murray HAS performed well in all the those opportunities. In 8 games when Murray started, played more than 20 minutes, Murray not only passed the eye test, but he put up better numbers than what Mills and Parker are averaging.

11.4 points 4 and 4 on 53% shooting, 39% from 3 in 22mpg.

Those minutes he received during those stints actually accounted for more than 50% of the minutes he received all year.

I think its hilarious how fans dismiss these opportunities because of how undisciplined or careless he looked in a 3 minute mop up show case session.

Poolboy5623
04-21-2017, 10:01 AM
What is it going to hurt? The Spurs pg play last night was the weakest link, and that's really saying something..

rjv
04-21-2017, 10:03 AM
When Murray HAS received opportunities to start and play 20-24 minutes with the starters, against the opposing starters, Murray HAS performed well in all the those opportunities. In 8 games when Murray started, played more than 20 minutes, Murray not only passed the eye test, but he put up better numbers than what Mills and Parker are averaging.

Those minutes he received during those stints actually accounted for more than 50% of the minutes he received all year.

I think its hilarious how fans dismiss these opportunities because of how undisciplined or careless he looked in a 3 minute mop up show case session. there is stark contrast between the playoffs and regular season. that's not discounting the games he had during the season (as in the cleveland game) but just as it is premature to dismiss his performance in such games it is equally as premature to use last night's performance as proof for future success in these playoffs (or even this series). but it was definitely encouraging to see him settle in and play within the flow of the game.

MultiTroll
04-21-2017, 10:08 AM

I think its hilarious how fans dismiss these opportunities because of how undisciplined or careless he looked in a 3 minute mop up show case session.
No reason to hold Murray or Bertie back.

MaNu4Tres
04-21-2017, 10:11 AM
there is stark contrast between the playoffs and regular season. that's not discounting the games he had during the season (as in the cleveland game) but just as it is premature to dismiss his performance in such games it is equally as premature to use last night's performance as proof for future success in these playoffs (or even this series). but it was definitely encouraging to see him settle in and play within the flow of the game.

By no means am I saying Murray needs to play now. I know that's delusional thinking. Not because Murray doesn't have the ability, but because I know Pop would never disrespect TP or Mills this soon. Murray did all he can do to earn minutes, but he just wasn't going to get minutes over Parker or Mills because of how much Pop respects them. Not only that, but TP and Patty have been playing up to their decent/meh expectations.

playbonner15
04-21-2017, 10:22 AM
Dejounte will loosen up the defense on kawhi coz he can zigzag his way, scrambling the defenders. Really hoping he sees it this time that he cannot let the Grizz set their defense. The team cant let Kawhi get 'trapped on an island' again and again

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 10:39 AM
THANK YOUUUU!!!! I've been saying that since the beginning of the season! Parker does nothing better than Murray right now except shoot the corner 3...and that doesn't warrant heavy minutes as the starting PG...I completely disagree about kyle though...he is one of the worst players we ever had...I dont understand how ppl can be mad at Keith van horn, when kyle is bad at everything... He ISNT a playmaker...Boris was a playmaker...kyle can hardly dribble the ball...his passes are stupid...that pass that got picked on the fast break to end the quarter was utterly stupid...he can't shoot...is super slow...and passes up shots that cause our offense to stagnate... Get this guy ALL the way the FUCK out ta here...
whine whine whine whine...
sob, sob sob
cry baby
:lmao

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 10:46 AM
Frankly...
Pop's refusal to play Murray more minutes through the season is actually worth criticizing when the Spurs need quality guard play, and he instead kept Murray in the deep bench.
I know Pop wasn't going to bench Tony or Mills on his account, but Tony's inconsistency warranted taking a longer look at the rook than he got (as in more opportunities)...

MaNu4Tres
04-21-2017, 11:06 AM
Frankly...
Pop's refusal to play Murray more minutes through the season is actually worth criticizing when the Spurs need quality guard play, and he instead kept Murray in the deep bench.
I know Pop wasn't going to bench Tony or Mills on his account, but Tony's inconsistency warranted taking a longer look at the rook than he got (as in more opportunities)...

I know this will sound crazy to a lot of people on this board, but Murray is the 2nd best creator on the roster. He's the only other player outside of Kawhi that is a dual threat with the ball ( dual threat to score or create opportunities for others in the process of making a move to score). IMO Murray would have given this team a higher ceiling with him in the rotation at the PG position. Next year, most people on here will understand what I'm saying.

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 11:14 AM
I know this will sound crazy to a lot of people on this board, but Murray is the 2nd best creator on the roster. He's the only other player outside of Kawhi that is a dual threat with the ball ( dual threat to score or create opportunities for others in the process of making a move to score). IMO Murray would have given this team a higher ceiling with him in the rotation at the PG position. Next year, most people on here will understand what I'm saying.
I understand what you are saying.
I also agreed with you Murray didn't really get an opportunity this season (seniority, veterans ahead of him, etc....) that whole argument, I agreed with you.
I agreed with sasaint who wanted Pop to just start Murray and throw him in the fire when Tony was looking DONE.

I think it's kind of irresponsible Pop kept him in the deep bench considering how shaky his guard play is and now Manu is looking DONE as well.
Pop clearly bought in with Simmons. I believe there is only so many young players he can stand to be on the court at once. Pop is irascible and has a shorter fuse with young players... I don't want to throw shade on Simmons who the way he started the season led one to believe Pop's trust was well placed. Heh, maybe he does get some chances in the playoffs still when he rewards Pop's confidence in him, but he was really the only one who got the vote of confidence to grow this season. Murray didn't.

Anyways, I root for Dijon, I know what you are talking about and hopefully next season he earns the spot. :tu I also wish he would play more this postseason, so his injury to end the season was most unfortunate

Rob123
04-21-2017, 11:14 AM
Frankly...

It wasn't punishment or stubbornness. I don't think ya'll truly understand how to develop talent. I'm sure there's no doubt in Pops mind the kid can play and would be beneficial. But him sitting at the end of the bench watching how the offense is run, watching how the great players play the game and building the fire in him to want to be out there and never come off is how to develop a truly great player.

slacker77
04-21-2017, 11:41 AM
It wasn't punishment or stubbornness. I don't think ya'll truly understand how to develop talent. I'm sure there's no doubt in Pops mind the kid can play and would be beneficial. But him sitting at the end of the bench watching how the offense is run, watching how the great players play the game and building the fire in him to want to be out there and never come off is how to develop a truly great player.

I have to disagree with this. He could have done all of the above while still getting minutes throughout the season. When he is on the bench he has the vets right beside him for guidance . As matter of fact, he would probably develop even better if this was the scenario.

Spurs9
04-21-2017, 12:01 PM
We had the same stats as Parker last night, I'm sure Murray can improve on that. I can't watch Parker struggle anymore, Murray is aggressive and is a better point guard in his current state.

playbonner15
04-21-2017, 12:01 PM
The injury made it harder for him to crack the rotation now. I dont think Pops gonna play a rookie who missed a lot of games and doesnt know much about the plays. It's stupid but he's willing to sink the ship with his vets Manu and Parker

Spurs9
04-21-2017, 12:02 PM
The injury made it harder for him to crack the rotation now. I dont think Pops gonna play a rookie who missed a lot of games and doesnt know much about the plays. It's stupid but he's willing to sink the ship with his vets Manu and Parker

Doesn't know many plays? What did Parker provide being in this system for years? Murray at least played alot with the Toros which play the same offense. I'll take aggression and passing over someone who knows all the plays but can't score or assist.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Would love to see either him or Simmons instead of Ginosebleed's carcass

duncan2k5
04-21-2017, 12:21 PM

Bro...me and u have been saying the same thing...I'm glad to see I have someone seeing the same thing...I'll ho even further...Murray will be an All Star

duncan2k5
04-21-2017, 12:24 PM
We had the same stats as Parker last night, I'm sure Murray can improve on that. I can't watch Parker struggle anymore, Murray is aggressive and is a better point guard in his current state.

Tbh...

Horse
04-21-2017, 12:29 PM
I just don't see the harm in giving him a chance if Parker is off.

poop
04-21-2017, 12:38 PM
Murray has shown consistent ability to break down the defense. He gets to the paint AT WILL. he creates. This is sorely needed.

Even tho it was trash time, memphis still had their starters in (lol) and murray had them on their backs every time down the court...he can break down their defense where parker and mills cannot.

Im not sure how anyone but a complete Poptard cant see this

Yuixafun
04-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Duncan, Parker and Manu are the system... and now Kawhi, it's an evolving thing.

Y'all wanna bag on Pop, but he is doing his due diligence. The Starters looked sloppy. 2 Turnovers out of timeouts? Green with a soaring dunk offensive board betweeb 2 bigs. Not showing enough respect to their 3 pt shooters. Who the hell is Seldon?

Anyway pop putting in the backups with 10 to go, I appreciated it.

Half he fools cry Pop is being egotistical for pulling out the white flag too early, but if it's one thing we learned from this season is for sone reason this team tends to come out flat. They seem to lack hunger.. that grit and grind that was on full display by the Grizz. The starters deserved to be pulled. You better come ready to play and all out or they aren't going anywhere. It sucks yes, but you have to get the message across, and look at the big picture. The need to be reminded what it is to play with passion.

And the other half claim Pop is an Ogre that stunts his players growth. Well the young bucks got plenty of burn last night, and acquitted themselves quite well. A few less defensive errors and couple more Bertans 3s and Murray and ones.... and we'd be arguing whether Pop should have put the Starters back in to finish the game.

I believe Pop would have left them in, they would have earned the right.

In the end many of you sound like hyper active ninnies. Pop is going to try to do what's best for the team. He's gonna give people the benefit of the doubt, but he'll pull the trigger when he needs to.

Last night was a puzzling frustrating game that left hope on the horizon, through the smoke of defeat. There are turning points in every season. Some players need to be humbled and shown pouting is not going to be tolerated, some need to have better focus, from moronic fouls and also to be ready to come in unexpectedly, some players need to relax, even though they are out of their comfort zone, and some players just needed to be given a chance to show what they're made of... in one fell swoop Pop did all that. He still has that it that makes him a great coach.

It was the right thing to do imo. Lets see if this years Spurs react like Champions or chumps.

duncan2k5
04-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Duncan, Parker and Manu are the system... and now Kawhi, it's an evolving thing.

Y'all wanna bag on Pop, but he is doing his due diligence. The Starters looked sloppy. 2 Turnovers out of timeouts? Green with a soaring dunk offensive board betweeb 2 bigs. Not showing enough respect to their 3 pt shooters. Who the hell is Seldon?

Anyway pop putting in the backups with 10 to go, I appreciated it.

Half he fools cry Pop is being egotistical for pulling out the white flag too early, but if it's one thing we learned from this season is for sone reason this team tends to come out flat. They seem to lack hunger.. that grit and grind that was on full display by the Grizz. The starters deserved to be pulled. You better come ready to play and all out or they aren't going anywhere. It sucks yes, but you have to get the message across, and look at the big picture. The need to be reminded what it is to play with passion.

And the other half claim Pop is an Ogre that stunts his players growth. Well the young bucks got plenty of burn last night, and acquitted themselves quite well. A few less defensive errors and couple more Bertans 3s and Murray and ones.... and we'd be arguing whether Pop should have put the Starters back in to finish the game.

I believe Pop would have left them in, they would have earned the right.

In the end many of you sound like hyper active ninnies. Pop is going to try to do what's best for the team. He's gonna give people the benefit of the doubt, but he'll pull the trigger when he needs to.

Last night was a puzzling frustrating game that left hope on the horizon, through the smoke of defeat. There are turning points in every season. Some players need to be humbled and shown pouting is not going to be tolerated, some need to have better focus, from moronic fouls and also to be ready to come in unexpectedly, some players need to relax, even though they are out of their comfort zone, and some players just needed to be given a chance to show what they're made of... in one fell swoop Pop did all that. He still has that it that makes him a great coach.

It was the right thing to do imo. Lets see if this years Spurs react like Champions or chumps.

So basically pop is always right?

Mikeanaro
04-21-2017, 12:48 PM
Just let the kid play Grog Pocobitch.

gambit1990
04-21-2017, 12:49 PM
i've been murray over parker since the summer.

gambit1990
04-21-2017, 12:51 PM
"murray can't start or else kawhi might get another career high in points against a team like the defending champs."

"murray can't start or else he might put up something like 0 points, 0 assists, 1 turnover in a playoff game."

duncan2k5
04-21-2017, 12:52 PM

Me too!

rjv
04-21-2017, 12:53 PM
i just really look forward to this summer in that i hope murray has a nice stint in the summer league and bulks up just a bit while working on his jumper.

gambit1990
04-21-2017, 01:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-b5L4PXw0

dabom
04-21-2017, 01:13 PM

Emperor
04-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Would rather see Murray/Simmons/Bertans more that Parker/Manu/Kyle. We need that athleticism out there badly.

tonight...you
04-21-2017, 01:56 PM
Yes.

r0drig0lac
04-21-2017, 02:20 PM
No reason to hold Murray or Bertie back.

buttsR4rebounding
04-22-2017, 04:49 PM

This is right on the mark. Murray HAD started to get some regular minutes then he pulled the groin. That also allowed Forbes to get those minutes. Early in the season with all the new guys on the roster Pop really had to lean on his vet PG play trying to get everyone on the same page. That was not the time to be working in a rookie point guard as well. He got reps running the Spurs system in Austin and was getting regular run before the injury. Pop is in a tough spot. We lose a game and there is a cry for Murray. Pop plays him and he screws up a game and everyone is talking about how Pop got "rooked".

duncan2k5
04-22-2017, 05:28 PM
This is right on the mark. Murray HAD started to get some regular minutes then he pulled the groin. That also allowed Forbes to get those minutes. Early in the season with all the new guys on the roster Pop really had to lean on his vet PG play trying to get everyone on the same page. That was not the time to be working in a rookie point guard as well. He got reps running the Spurs system in Austin and was getting regular run before the injury. Pop is in a tough spot. We lose a game and there is a cry for Murray. Pop plays him and he screws up a game and everyone is talking about how Pop got "rooked".

Murray deserved time way before that...look what a young head coach did in Jason Kidd starting thon maker...look what it did for the bucks...sometimes you have to let go so you can move forward...pop hasn't been good at that lately...I saw nothing difficult about the decision to play murray at all...he should have been given the rookie tony parker treatment since the beginning of the season

UZER
04-22-2017, 07:22 PM
"murray can't start or else kawhi might get another career high in points against a team like the defending champs."

"murray can't start or else he might put up something like 0 points, 0 assists, 1 turnover in a playoff game."

:lol

tholdren
04-22-2017, 07:43 PM
so is Simmons. get that fucktard Anderson out

playbonner15
04-23-2017, 01:40 AM
Still no Dejounte, still the team struggles

duncan2k5
04-23-2017, 06:40 AM
so is Simmons. get that fucktard Anderson out

Tbh

Yuixafun
04-28-2017, 10:33 PM
So basically pop is always right?

No one is always right... but the masses are generally wrong when it comes to the sublime. It's annoying, but not entirely their fault, because they lack the ability, or mature intellect to see what's really there. You need a certain degree of genius.

Pop's move is definitely trending that way.

duncan2k5
04-30-2017, 09:48 PM
No one is always right... but the masses are generally wrong when it comes to the sublime. It's annoying, but not entirely their fault, because they lack the ability, or mature intellect to see what's really there. You need a certain degree of genius.

Pop's move is definitely trending that way.

Like when he took Duncan out?

Yuixafun
05-01-2017, 07:40 AM
Lol maybe... since 2014 was the most majestic awe inspiring triumphant run I ever witnessed.

For the Spurs to emerge from the bowels of 2013, to the Olympus of 2014... it's legendary to me.

So driven to exercise that demon, to be able to fight back from oblivion, to transform into the greatest version of the beautiful game we will probably ever see... if Pop didn't take Duncan out, none of that would have come to pass.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-01-2017, 07:35 PM
I would have liked to have seen Murray get some run in the playoffs. Too bad he was injured the last month of the regular season. He had some decent moments before he got hurt.

tholdren
05-01-2017, 09:15 PM
put in Murray