PDA

View Full Version : If we manage to lose to the Grizlies, do we blow it all up?? What about Pop?

hater
04-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Sure we blow it all up. Only keep Kawhi, Dejunte and Bertans.

Everyone else get the fuck out

But I would also fire Pop. Old fuck is senile at this point. Fire Udoka with his stupid face and of course fire that chick that takes up that chair behind Pop. Shes useless

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Poop and Buford are untouchable. They will never get any blame for underperforming with the teams they've had. 1 ring in a decade. Pathetic.

Poop will blame the players, as per par. Buford won't do shit to the roster this offseason other than drafting some 25yr old euro fag that will be stashed until he's 34.

duncan2k5
04-21-2017, 12:30 PM
Poop and Buford are untouchable. They will never get any blame for underperforming with the teams they've had. 1 ring in a decade. Pathetic.

Poop will blame the players, as per par. Buford won't do shit to the roster this offseason other than drafting some 25yr old euro fag that will be stashed until he's 34.

Lmfao!!! Tbh...

hater
04-21-2017, 12:38 PM
I predicted this series was going to be tough and if Spurs lose one of the first 2 games we would lose.

We barely avoided a 26 point meltdown thanks to the refs in game 2.

But the way we are losing is just laughable. Pop with his shit loneups and most our players getting exposed for the league scrubs they are.

I called this team was going to be a 2nd round exit team but was in the process of upgrading my prediction given our playoff bracket.

Looks like I might not upgrade my prediction after all :lol if we manage to squeak past the Grizz I can see Houston going 2009 Suns on us

cd021
04-21-2017, 12:52 PM
Would certainly increase the chances that the Spurs move LMA and maybe even shop Green.

Chinook
04-21-2017, 12:58 PM
Blow it up. Build around Kawhi, DeJounte and Kyle.

RD2191
04-21-2017, 12:59 PM
TBH if we lose to the grizzlies then Kawhi should be traded too. No way in hell he should lose to the grizzlies in the 1st round. I have faith that he'll come through though.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 01:09 PM
and Kyle.
https://riecristiano.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/25p45z9.gif

cd98
04-21-2017, 01:09 PM

I know, I know, we've had some great teams, but there are like 26 NBA teams that would take that one championship in a decade and would be proud of it.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 01:11 PM
I know, I know, we've had some great teams, but there are like 26 NBA teams that would take that one championship in a decade and would be proud of it.
Those teams didn't have Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, and Marco Belinelli tbh

dabom
04-21-2017, 01:12 PM

I think that was the punchline. :lol

Chinook
04-21-2017, 01:12 PM

Gotta have faith:

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a9252ea077c37837329a48b9b5c0d97d/tumblr_inline_nvvqsfGkE31s6iikf_540.jpg

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 01:23 PM
Gotta have faith:

http://68.media.tumblr.com/a9252ea077c37837329a48b9b5c0d97d/tumblr_inline_nvvqsfGkE31s6iikf_540.jpg
Damn. At least I know the person that church worships is real tbh....

Chinook
04-21-2017, 01:30 PM
Damn. At least I know the person that church worships is real tbh....

Funny that you say that unless you've seen the episode.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 01:34 PM
Funny that you say that unless you've seen the episode.
No but I've heard of that show :lol I'll give it a try

hater
04-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Show? What show is that?

coachmac87
04-21-2017, 01:44 PM
Blow it up. Build around Kawhi, DeJounte and Kyle.

Kawhi will heading to the Lakers when he expires if that plan happens lol

gambit1990
04-21-2017, 01:48 PM
I think that was the punchline. :lol
:lol

Chinook
04-21-2017, 01:50 PM

Next Man Up. Kyle would move to SF and Bertans would go to PF. Or maybe Livio develops and comes back.

coachmac87
04-21-2017, 01:52 PM
Next Man Up. Kyle would move to SF and Bertans would go to PF. Or maybe Livio develops and comes back.

Troll hard....

Chinook
04-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Troll hard....

Murray, Anderson, Jean-Charles, Bertans, Lessort

Who was that guy who was always talking about getting a bunch of 6-5 to 6-10 players on the court at once? He'd have an orgasm if the Spurs ran that.

DPG21920
04-21-2017, 01:57 PM

Damn - Kawhi & Paul George finally united like it should have been.

Spurtacular
04-21-2017, 02:37 PM
I'd call this a cliff jumper thread; but tbh, it's just a troll thread.

r0drig0lac
04-21-2017, 02:44 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

SAGirl
04-21-2017, 02:56 PM
Outside the trolling... I doubt they consider a real "blow it up"...
The reality is they needed to upgrade at the guard spots and didn't. we knew tony and Manu weren't going to cut it.

Pop does need to push Kyle more, and Dijon, Bertans and if they reup Simmons, him too. They just need to move on from Tony and Manu at this point.

If they can't acquire the help they need externally, then it means internal growth is the way to go, which means Pop needs to play his young players and not leave them in the doghouse behind Tony and Manu all season.

Dex
04-21-2017, 03:36 PM
One road loss in the playoffs, and people are already set to blow it up and rebuild.

Never change, SpursTalk.

hater
04-21-2017, 05:22 PM
One road loss in the playoffs, and people are already set to blow it up and rebuild.

Never change, SpursTalk.

Thanks to the refs we are not in a 1-2 hole and our 2 Hall Of Famers have yet to score in the city of Memphis one of them haz zero points in the series

Yeah nothing to worry about :lol

Dex
04-21-2017, 05:44 PM

Thanks to the refs we are not in a 1-2 hole and our 2 Hall Of Famers have yet to score in the city of Memphis one of them haz zero points in the series

Yeah nothing to worry about :lol

Still up 2-1, and no one has lost on home court yet. :lol That's how the playoffs go.

And don't give me nonsense about the refs. Fizdale bought the easiest fucking calls I've ever seen from the refs last night for only 30k (which his players are covering for him).

Series will be over on Tuesday.

TD 21
04-21-2017, 05:48 PM

Never change, SpursTalk.

:lmao Cliché, vanilla take, pretending this was isolated and not symptomatic of the same issues they've had for 3 years, that have rendered them pretenders.

This series might be more difficult than it should be, simply because you never know whether Parker or Ginobili will "have it" that night and if at least one doesn't, they're vulnerable no matter the opponent. Ultimately though, the Grizzlies just don't have the goods to win it.

They'll probably lose to the Rockets, it'll probably be in typical pseudo close fashion and then they'll probably mostly run it back for another year and pretend publicly that they believe they're still contenders, when in reality they just lack the flexibility and assets to improve the team and want to remain as competitive as possible.

Capt Bringdown
04-21-2017, 05:50 PM
I don't think LMA has performed up to expectations. We need someone with grit at that position.

Dex
04-21-2017, 06:03 PM
:lmao Cliché, vanilla take, pretending this was isolated and not symptomatic of the same issues they've had for 3 years, that have rendered them pretenders.

This series might be more difficult than it should be, simply because you never know whether Parker or Ginobili will "have it" that night and if at least one doesn't, they're vulnerable no matter the opponent. Ultimately though, the Grizzlies just don't have the goods to win it.

They'll probably lose to the Rockets, it'll probably be in typical pseudo close fashion and then they'll probably mostly run it back for another year and pretend publicly that they believe they're still contenders, when in reality they just lack the flexibility and assets to improve the team and want to remain as competitive as possible.

"Pretenders".

Give me a break. Spurs have a decent shot at a title, and one bad performance against a 7-seed isn't enough to make me want to jump ship. What happened against the Clippers and the Thunder is about as relevant as what happened against the Rockets in '95 as far as I'm concerned.

Are they front-runners? No...and that has been the case since Timmy started declining in '06.

Nobody said that we'd be guaranteed to win a championship this year. The same thing can be said for 29 other teams in the league, even the ridiculously-stacked Warriors. Curry and crew won 73 games last year and fell on their sword when it mattered most.

You want to bitch that we won a title three whole years ago? Tell that to the 21 other teams who haven't won a title in over two decades.

I want the Spurs to win as much as anybody, but our fans are seriously spoiled as gold-glittered shit.

spurs10
04-21-2017, 06:11 PM
"Pretenders".

Give me a break. Spurs have a decent shot at a title, and one bad performance against a 7-seed isn't enough to make me want to jump ship. What happened against the Clippers and the Thunder is about as relevant as what happened against the Rockets in '95 as far as I'm concerned.

Are they front-runners? No...and that has been the case since Timmy started declining in '06.

Nobody said that we'd be guaranteed to win a championship this year. The same thing can be said for 29 other teams in the league, even the ridiculously-stacked Warriors. Curry and crew one 73 games last year and fell on their sword when it mattered most.

You want to bitch that we won a title three whole years ago? Tell that to the 21 other teams who haven't won a title in over two decades.

I want the Spurs to win as much as anybody, but our fans are seriously spoiled as gold-glittered shit. Hear, hear! We aren't losing to the Grizzlies. We are trying to get better and will need to if we want to go all the way. Go Spurs!
:flag:

UZER
04-21-2017, 07:12 PM
I don't think LMA has performed up to expectations. We need someone with grit at that position.

Exactly. He plays with no heart.

skulls138
04-21-2017, 07:45 PM
He better start. Last night was a wakeup call. He looked tentative up until it was too late, then started getting aggressive. Hope that carries over.

Parker needs to be more aggressive too.

Russ
04-21-2017, 08:05 PM
But I would also fire Pop.

I'm pretty sure no one can fire Pop.

barbacoataco
04-21-2017, 08:30 PM

I think Aldridge is the main problem with the Spurs. I use to live in Portland and have season tickets. He has always been a choker in the playoffs. Period. This whole year he has been a disappointment. The Spurs biggest weakness is a lack of #2 scoring option. That is supposed to be Aldridge.

Still-- maybe this will be the year he does it. Go Spurs.

Chinook
04-21-2017, 09:49 PM
I thought LMA did a good job on both ends. He's the only big playing competent D, and he was efficient on O. 16 points on 14 possessions is nothing to sneeze at given that it look roughly 98 possessions to get the Spurs their 94 points.

hater
04-21-2017, 10:07 PM

yup the sad thing is this team need at least a decent Manu or Parker in order to have a chance at winning

sure I think we will have either one at decent level for about 75% of our games. But we won't have them for 25% which means we are bound to lose at least 1 or 2 games in ever series. that's tough to do for 4 straight seris.

actually near impossible

hater
04-21-2017, 10:08 PM
I'm pretty sure no one can fire Pop.

why thou

BSfromTX
04-21-2017, 10:28 PM
TBH if we lose to the grizzlies then Kawhi should be traded too. No way in hell he should lose to the grizzlies in the 1st round. I have faith that he'll come through though.

True, BUT in fairness he can't be benched in the third quarter either. Can't blame him if he's not given the chance

objective
04-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Circumstances will "Blow It Up" for the Spurs most likely by summer 2018 anyway.

Parker's deal over, Manu over even if he does another one year deal. Pau's deal over even if he picks up his option this summer. Aldridge and Green have opt outs. Anderson will be restricted. Bertans restricted. Probably no Lee or Dedmon after this summer, maybe no Mills.

The roster will likely have major turnover heading into Kawhi's late 20s.

DMC
04-21-2017, 10:32 PM

2 rings

DMC
04-21-2017, 10:33 PM
I think Aldridge is the main problem with the Spurs. I use to live in Portland and have season tickets. He has always been a choker in the playoffs. Period. This whole year he has been a disappointment. The Spurs biggest weakness is a lack of #2 scoring option. That is supposed to be Aldridge.

Still-- maybe this will be the year he does it. Go Spurs.
LMA was good when they went to him often. When the Spurs go to him sparingly, he doesn't do so well. He starts off great then just like KL, the PGs ignore the fuck out of him.

Slippy
04-21-2017, 11:19 PM
why thou

Pop is the president of operations or something to that effect. someone feel free to correct me on this

IE he's in charge of Buford & everybody else except the owner who doesn't get involved. Only he can fire himself I think. Which is not going to happen so retirement is probably when pop steps down.

A

Slippy
04-21-2017, 11:21 PM
LMA was good when they went to him often. When the Spurs go to him sparingly, he doesn't do so well. He starts off great then just like KL, the PGs ignore the fuck out of him.

this . he has great first halves & seems to fade during the second

skulls138
04-22-2017, 01:50 AM
I thought LMA did a good job on both ends. He's the only big playing competent D, and he was efficient on O. 16 points on 14 possessions is nothing to sneeze at given that it look roughly 98 possessions to get the Spurs their 94 points.Its not about the final stats, its about what we need when we need it. LAs stats look much better than the effect he had on this game. Look at Randolph and Gasol and look at LA.

Chinook
04-22-2017, 04:23 AM
Its not about the final stats, its about what we need when we need it. LAs stats look much better than the effect he had on this game. Look at Randolph and Gasol and look at LA.

Neither Gasol or Randolph has Kawhi on their team. If there's one thing the Spurs don't need is to be Memphis.

davi78239
04-22-2017, 07:46 AM
You know you'd let that chik that sits behind behind Pop give u some brain son...

davi78239
04-22-2017, 07:48 AM
In all seriousness, I would make major changes around Kawai, Murray. Gotta make sure Kawai don't bolt on Spurs down the road.

EIC
04-22-2017, 07:53 AM
"Pretenders".

Nobody said that we'd be guaranteed to win a championship this year. The same thing can be said for 29 other teams in the league, even the ridiculously-stacked Warriors. Curry and crew won 73 games last year and fell on their sword when it mattered most.

I want the Spurs to win as much as anybody, but our fans are seriously spoiled as gold-glittered shit.

The Spurs are a top-10 player surrounded by a bunch of middling bench players. They have literally less than a 1% chance against GSW.

We need to punt Tony and Manu and go get some real top-level guards.

ElNono
04-22-2017, 12:35 PM
we should blow it up, tbh... bring back Kawhi, LMA and Manu for one more year...

SAGirl
04-22-2017, 01:15 PM

duncan2k5
04-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Get rid of tony and many...get a center that isn't foul prone...and a good starting SG that doesnt invoke fear when he dribbles, and who is a liability when he isn't hitting threes...Danny's defense doesn't overcome his bad offense...because to be honest, you put a SG who is average defensively at that spot, but reliable on offense, we would be next level...I'm almost to the point where I think Simmons would be better alongside kawhi than danny

TD 21
04-22-2017, 06:06 PM
"Pretenders".

:lmao Even more cliché and vanilla.

Spurs have no shot at a title unless they find suitable Parker and Ginobili replacements while a bunch of the key pieces are still in or at least close to their prime.

To be fair, no one does right now outside of the Warriors. Barring at least one of Durant, Curry or Green being injured, they will win the championship.

My stance has been long established and has nothing to do with one game against a mediocre and overmatched opponent.

sasaint
04-22-2017, 06:36 PM
:lmao Even more cliché and vanilla.

Spurs have no shot at a title unless they find suitable Parker and Ginobili replacements while a bunch of the key pieces are still in or at least close to their prime.

To be fair, no one does right now outside of the Warriors. Barring at least one of Durant, Curry or Green being injured, they will win the championship.

My stance has been long established and has nothing to do with one game against a mediocre and overmatched opponent.

PATFO should have dumped Anthony and grabbed Calderon. I almost started a thread: Calderon Would Have Been Playable Against Memphis. :lol

offset formation
04-22-2017, 06:39 PM

But I would also fire Pop. Old fuck is senile at this point. Fire Udoka with his stupid face and of course fire that chick that takes up that chair behind Pop. Shes useless

Screen name checks out.

offset formation
04-22-2017, 07:44 PM

Screen name checks out.

Robz4000
04-22-2017, 07:52 PM
This team is getting backdoor'd by the fucking Grizz. It's time to blow it sky high.

Russ
04-22-2017, 07:54 PM
we should blow it up, tbh... bring back Kawhi, LMA and Manu for one more year...

Terrorists get a lot of attention but never seem to win titles . . .

Rummpd
04-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Not if but when Spurs lose - horrible execution

tholdren
04-22-2017, 08:29 PM

you're such a douche. Anderson is terrible.