PDA

View Full Version : Media is Praising and Drooling over Pop Hockey Sub in game 3...

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 03:08 PM
Mainstream media after game 3..

Just not fair.

Super Not fair to kawhi
not fair to green
Not fair to Parker

Just not fair for the players.

But but Look liberal Media, Pop is against trump :cry

How anyone would praise Popvich after game 3 is beyond insane. Just beyond insane.

Dex
04-21-2017, 03:28 PM
Team was playing like shit to start the half.

I know it was 4/20 and all, but can't afford to have the starters come out looking like they smoked a fucking blunt in the locker room. Gotta send a message somehow.

The series is bigger than one game, and the playoffs are a lot bigger than one series.

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Muted my TV when I heard Greg Anthony on the broadcast say "This is Gregg Popovich at his best."

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 03:32 PM

I know it was 4/20 and all, but can't afford to have the starters come out looking like they smoked a fucking blunt in the locker room. Gotta send a message somehow.

The series is bigger than one game, and the playoffs are a lot bigger than one series.

:lmao

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Muted my TV when I heard Greg Anthony on the broadcast say "This is Gregg Popovich at his best."

Was he at his best too when he subed out Duncan in 2013 game 6 and subed out Leonard in 2016 :lmao

peacemaker885
04-21-2017, 03:35 PM
Pop didn't want to loose with his best hand.

cd98
04-21-2017, 03:42 PM

Oh then you missed them giving a running total of total foul calls every time someone shot a free throw. They stopped after 4 or 5 and ones the Grizz got late into the 3rd quarter. It was annoying how they gave Credence to Fizdale's rant.

dabom
04-21-2017, 03:48 PM

The game was single digits. Wtf are you smoking? :lol

dabom
04-21-2017, 03:48 PM
In no way wasn't the game decided until pop blew it up. :lol

TheGreatYacht
04-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Oh then you missed them giving a running total of total foul calls every time someone shot a free throw. They stopped after 4 or 5 and ones the Grizz got late into the 3rd quarter. It was annoying how they gave Credence to Fizdale's rant.
I noticed Pop didn't bitch at the refs like he usually does... probably wanted to look "classy" compared to the other guy across the sideline. His ego is just too much for the team to overcome.

Grizzlies were allowed to handcheck Kawhi, while you can't breathe on Harden. Disgusting.

Dex
04-21-2017, 04:04 PM
The game was single digits. Wtf are you smoking? :lol

2 turnovers without getting up a shot, while giving up a wide open jumper to ZBo and even wider-open three to Gasol.

They turned the ball over on the fucking inbound pass to start the half.

I don't care if they were up 10 or down 50, Pop isn't going to stand for that shit. Especially in the first round against the goddamn Grizzlies.

We can argue over whether it was the right move or not all night, but the starters deserved the benching.

Spurs in 5.

dabom
04-21-2017, 04:14 PM
2 turnovers without getting up a shot, while giving up a wide open jumper to ZBo and even wider-open three to Gasol.

I don't care if they were up 10 or down 50, Pop isn't going to stand for that shit. Especially in the first round against the goddamn Grizzlies.

We can argue over whether it was the right move or not all night, but the starters deserved the benching.

Spurs in 5.

Kawhi never deserves a bench. And afraid to pull everyone except kawhi is exactly why pop is a pussy nowadays.

bklynspursfan
04-21-2017, 04:16 PM

Thank you... So many people are not understanding this.

I like our chances much more tomorrow after a performance like this.

Dex
04-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Kawhi never deserves a bench. And afraid to pull everyone except kawhi is exactly why pop is a pussy nowadays.

If there is one point I will concede, it is that.

Kawhi was the one reason the Spurs were as close as they were. He probably should've stayed on the floor...and probably should be on the floor as much as he effectively can be.

Proxy
04-21-2017, 04:34 PM
You pull Kawhi with all of the starters to send the message that they perform as a unit. Maybe to get Kawhi to get on them vocally... but whatever. Pop put Kawhi and LMA back in before the other 3

FkLA
04-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Pop could literally take a shit on the court and the media would call him a genius for it. He knows it too, which is why he has no problem pulling stupid shit like this. If it works he's a an absolute genius, if it doesn't he's still a genius anyway bc 5 rings.

dabom
04-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Pop could literally take a shit on the court and the media would call him a genius for it. He knows it too, which is why he has no problem pulling stupid shit like this. If it works he's a an absolute genius, if it doesn't he's still a genius anyway bc 5 rings.

If it works, he's a genius, if it blows up, it was a "teaching" moment. :lmao

Joseph Kony
04-21-2017, 04:40 PM
spurs fans are the only ones who have realized Pop has gone off his fucking rocker since '14

Joseph Kony
04-21-2017, 04:41 PM
i mean just look at this dumb shit: http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1554517

:lol thinking LMA and Parker are going to lead a kawhi-less spurs team past a Bron-less Cavs team because of Pop. Pop always get his shit pushed in by newb coaches for whatever reason and Lue fits the mold of shitty newb coach who would embarrass Pop by making obvious adjustments

dabom
04-21-2017, 04:42 PM
spurs fans are the only ones who have realized Pop has gone off his fucking rocker since '14

If OKC wins game 6, do they close us out? I don't trust Pop when the chips are down. Glad porker had that fucking "injury". :lmao

UZER
04-21-2017, 04:56 PM

Spurs in 5.

Please. Manu gets away with turnovers all the time.

cd98
04-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Please. Manu gets away with turnovers all the time.

I'd say Manu got benched too. He played, what, 10 minutes? That's a benching.

Spurtacular
04-21-2017, 10:58 PM
Pop shouldn't be subbing out Kawhi in the playoffs except for 2 to 3 minutes here and there for rest. And Green should generally be in there for defense. But if Parker sucks or Ginobili sucks, then yank them. This is a round about way of saying fuck the hockey sub shit.

Play Boban
04-21-2017, 11:30 PM
Mainstream media after game 3..

Just not fair.

Super Not fair to kawhi
not fair to green
Not fair to Parker

Just not fair for the players.

But but Look liberal Media, Pop is against trump :cry

How anyone would praise Popvich after game 3 is beyond insane. Just beyond insane.
Very fake news media sucks Poop's toot, per par tbh.

UZER
04-21-2017, 11:42 PM
I'd say Manu got benched too. He played, what, 10 minutes? That's a benching.

Yeah, yesterday.

DMC
04-22-2017, 01:43 AM
Pop just wanting to keep his head down until this peace craze blows over, then come on over to the good guys side for the big win.

DMC
04-22-2017, 01:45 AM
Very fake news media sucks Poop's toot, per par tbh.

All these ass clowns with alts using terms like "fake media" lol. Most don't even hold the opinions they espouse with these JV shticks. It's now shtick by committee, like all the little ants get together and decide on which 4chan shtick they are going to copy ad nauseum.

ElNono
04-22-2017, 04:00 AM
You don't throw playoff games, period. It's cocky as fuck, hypocritical from somebody that preaches humility and getting over yourself, and a giant fuck you to the fans.

Old School 44
04-22-2017, 08:02 AM
You don't throw playoff games, period. It's cocky as fuck, hypocritical from somebody that preaches humility and getting over yourself, and a giant fuck you to the fans.

Yep, Pop's moves scream, "LOOK AT ME!".

Generally speaking, how does any good, long-tenured coach lose the ability to coach? Are they not able to adjust to the changing game or players? Do they just get burnt out over time? It's not like a player where you can see when the "wheels fall off".

cd98
04-22-2017, 08:42 AM

I don't think he was trying to throw a playoff game. He tried a gimmick and it didn't work. My guess is Spurs would've lost regardless.

unleashbaynes
04-22-2017, 08:51 AM
Well hopefully next game the starters get their shit together.

ElNono
04-22-2017, 12:33 PM
I don't think he was trying to throw a playoff game. He tried a gimmick and it didn't work. My guess is Spurs would've lost regardless.

He's a guy that preaches giving your best too... our best is with your best players, players he rested all season for this moment.

He threw the game. Maybe he didn't do it intentionally, but if he did not, then this should be lesson learned, right?

He had 21 mins to revert a 9 point deficit. That's almost half the game. He didn't give our players a chance. He didn't give the fans a chance to see if it could happen.

And for what? It's not like there's a back to back or that players didn't rest like mofos the last week.

Ibleedslvrnblk
04-22-2017, 12:45 PM
It amazes me everyday I come here and read the brillance of each couch coach that you guys haven't been snatched up by some NBA team. Things I'll never understand. Oh wait it's cause none of us have the slightest clue how to run a professional sports team.

ElNono
04-22-2017, 01:02 PM
:lol why do you have to be a couch's coach to point out the obvious? This is a guy that got outcoached by Doc Rivers, Billy Donovan, Lionel Hollins... None of those guys (pretty much nobody really) pull the stunts this guy does.

I won't even mention Phil Jackson or Rick Carlisle because, they're clearly better coaches. And don't give me the ring argument, because Phil has more, and jury still out if Pop isn't just a product of Duncan's genius, tbh...

Plus, it's perfectly normal that after having a job for so long, you get burned out. There's nothing wrong pointing that out.