PDA

View Full Version : The Spurs had the most Comeback wins in the NBA this year...IIRC

apalisoc_9
04-21-2017, 08:02 PM
But Poop decides to give up with 23 minutes left in the game down 9.

So much for all those Comeback wins..

:lmao

dabom
04-21-2017, 08:03 PM
:lol

I'm tired of his shtick. Motherfucker probably blamed the loss on the starters still. :lmao

Slippy
04-21-2017, 08:23 PM
They definitely showed a resilience when seeming out of games to come back & win . it happened through-out the season so you could say it was a characteristic of this spurs team.

Pop forgot that.

Barfunk
04-21-2017, 10:01 PM
They definitely showed a resilience when seeming out of games to come back & win . it happened through-out the season so you could say it was a characteristic of this spurs team.

Pop forgot that.

This is why there is no excuse for what Pop did. He threw a playoff game. He is not getting paid to prove his point, he is getting paid to win. 2014 showed the coaching genius he can be, but shit like this displays his "I'm bigger than the team" tendencies.

Arcadian
04-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Maybe he thought the bench would actually fuel a comeback. Granted, I'm not saying he was right - but maybe in his fucked up mind, he actually believed he was doing the right thing.

EIC
04-22-2017, 07:59 AM
This is the coach that refused to foul at the end of Game 6 when we were up by 6 against the Heat. And put Timmy in on D in that situation for God's sake. Stubborn mule.

GSH
04-22-2017, 03:28 PM
The Spurs had the most Comeback wins in the NBA this year...IIRC

But Poop decides to give up with 23 minutes left in the game down 9.

So much for all those Comeback wins..

:lmao

How many of those comeback wins were sparked or carried by the bench? Not trying to fight or suck up to Pop - I'm dead serious. With this team, the bench his been pretty key in turning games around, and getting the team out of holes the starting five got into.

I was fine with him bringing those guys in to try and change the momentum. I don't know if his plan was for it to be permanent. If the bench had closed the gap, I'm pretty sure Pop would have still tried to win the game. He may be a jackass, but he's not self-destructive.

TD 21
04-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Actually, I think the Raptors did. More importantly, Aldridge and Leonard returned about 2 and 3 minutes later and it's not like they get worse in the other three spots, so I don't see how Pop decided to "give up".

dabom
04-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Actually, I think the Raptors did. More importantly, Aldridge and Leonard returned about 2 and 3 minutes later and it's not like they get worse in the other three spots, so I don't see how Pop decided to "give up".

He "blew it up" actually. :lol

Slippy
04-22-2017, 07:27 PM
The Spurs had the most Comeback wins in the NBA this year...IIRC

How many of those comeback wins were sparked or carried by the bench? Not trying to fight or suck up to Pop - I'm dead serious. With this team, the bench his been pretty key in turning games around, and getting the team out of holes the starting five got into.

I was fine with him bringing those guys in to try and change the momentum. I don't know if his plan was for it to be permanent. If the bench had closed the gap, I'm pretty sure Pop would have still tried to win the game. He may be a jackass, but he's not self-destructive.

Dont remember any pop is a genious threads after a comeback win this season. Reckon its safe to say , none of those comeback wins came off a complete sub of the starters 1min into the third.

Also remember some of those comeback wins came with mix'n'match of starters & reserves.

Pop bucked a trend here. Rythm killer

Slippy
04-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Hard to not wonder how game 3 would of gone down if pop treated it with the same respect he gave game 4.

This spurs team has a fighting quality of never giving up.

TampaDude
04-23-2017, 03:48 AM
That Game 3 throw away will come back to haunt Pop. Grizz in 7.