PDA

View Full Version : Feel bad for Kawhi and TP.

midnightpulp
04-22-2017, 10:13 PM
Wasted a memorable game by Leonard and a throwback game by TP. Sickening that we have "shooting" guards who can't fuckin' shoot.

Hand-wring about "Poop," lucky Grizzlies shots, adjustments all you want, but when an SG who was a rookie during the Clinton administration outscores 4 of your guards BY HIMSELF, you ain't winning shit. Not to mention detritus like Troy Daniels and Andrew Harrison outperforming an "advanced metrics" favorite, a supposed 6MOY candidate, and a Hall of Famer making 15 million per year.

I won't even criticize our front-line. They were efficient and have the heavy task of banging with Z-Bo and Marc, while all the backcourt rotation needs to do is outplay a 50 year old, Troy Daniels, and Andrew Harrison.

Again. Sickening.

apalisoc_9
04-22-2017, 10:21 PM
TP was killer tonight.

Pop needs to have a very short lease on Manu.

See of the can get anything from Simmons-Anderson

And murray needs to play..like badly. He's not going to get punked by Andrew Harrison.

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Just feel bad in general for Kawhi. Hopefully he leaves the Spurs when his contract is up and finds a team who isn't shit.

ernest787
04-22-2017, 10:23 PM
If danny green and manu each hit 1 three we win this game. Not much you can do when they are missing wide open 3s.

The game really shouldn't have been close if Kawhi hadn't gone LBJ.

$pursDynasty
04-22-2017, 10:24 PM
TP was killer tonight.

And murray needs to play..like badly. He's not going to get punked by Andrew Harrison.
short leash hell sit his butt in a suit from now on

PopTheGOAT
04-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Man, hope they will be re energized by game 5. Incredible effort by those 2.

where is the "best bench in the NBA"?

What did Danny/Patty/Manu combine from 3? I have a good 3 ball, where's my contract?

ElNono
04-22-2017, 10:25 PM
They making a ton on dough... couldn't care less, tbh...

noles1983
04-22-2017, 10:26 PM
Sorry KL, sorry you have to carry a team of AIDS infected shitters.

spursistan
04-22-2017, 10:44 PM
Massive letdown and should be a wake-up for PATFO as far as this roster is concerned. To add, 23 TOs by the opposing team -- one that is medicore by all metrics-- and still took an L for the night.

FkLA
04-22-2017, 10:51 PM
Gutsy ass performance from HOTS today. Earned a little respect from me today.

DarrinS
04-22-2017, 10:54 PM
Sorry KL, sorry you have to carry a team of AIDS infected shitters.

This made me laugh, but only because I have a very dark sense of humor. :lmao

siraulo23
04-22-2017, 10:57 PM
Parker's played as well as anyone can expect 3/4 games. The scary thing is sooner or later his body is just gonna fail and he gonna have dud playoff performances game after game

noles1983
04-22-2017, 10:57 PM
This made me laugh, but only because I have a very dark sense of humor. :lmao

:bobo

SPURt
04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
this Spurs team is reminding me of the pre-Duncan D Rob teams. It's like falling in love with a prostitute. Heart breaking.

TheGreatYacht
04-22-2017, 11:03 PM
Kawhi's best game of his career, historic actually.... HOTS showing up on the road with 22/4/5.... WASTED.

Fuck, man.

100%duncan
04-22-2017, 11:10 PM
How does LMA get a pass? Sorry I wasnt able to wake up to watch :lol

sasaint
04-22-2017, 11:13 PM
short leash hell sit his butt in a suit from now on

:tu

apalisoc_9
04-22-2017, 11:15 PM

Giving Aldridge about 15+fga in this series is disastrous.

daslicer
04-22-2017, 11:15 PM

This. I agree with you hundred percent.

100%duncan
04-22-2017, 11:21 PM
Giving Aldridge about 15+fga in this series is disastrous.

I mean how does a 2nd option continue to get a pass for like the 2nd straight year in a row my dude? The fuck is wrong with ST :lol

Robz4000
04-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Parker's been damn good outside G3 and it's already been said about Kawhi; dude is the MVP and clear-cut second best player in the league.

FkLA
04-22-2017, 11:27 PM
I mean how does a 2nd option continue to get a pass for like the 2nd straight year in a row my dude? The fuck is wrong with ST :lol

Because SA was always the fat chick that nobody ever asked out until he did. Coming off four straight all-star selections and with teams clamoring for him. And he plays hard despite his struggles.

It's hard to hate him, tbh.

100%duncan
04-22-2017, 11:42 PM
Because SA was always the fat chick that nobody ever asked out until he did. Coming off four straight all-star selections and with teams clamoring for him. And he plays hard despite his struggles.

It's hard to hate him, tbh.

Meh that's beside the point. So LMA gets a pass because he chose us? Not taking into account the money, and the changes the team has made for him?

DMC
04-22-2017, 11:45 PM
Just feel bad in general for Kawhi. Hopefully he leaves the Spurs when his contract is up and finds a team who isn't shit.

Well that rules out the Lakers.

DMC
04-22-2017, 11:48 PM
Parker's been damn good outside G3 and it's already been said about Kawhi; dude is the MVP and clear-cut second best player in the league.

He's been ok. He has that tendency to pull up when no one is really set on defense in the front court, and he could just blow by the defender and attack the rim in transition. That in itself isn't the whole issue, but the fact he dribbles to 12 seconds on the shot clock before trying to force the action through LMA or someone on the perimeter means the Grizz only have to really defend their man for a few seconds each possession. The ball needs to move earlier or it needs to go to the hole. That over dribbling to survey the land shit needs to stop.

$pursDynasty
04-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Tony with more points than the entire Spurs bench combined smdh

YGWHI
04-23-2017, 12:06 AM

F*ck Pop. Throwing a playoff game away...Sitting Kawhi just to send a message.

F** Pop and his "loyalty" contracts still playing guys who are 0-17 in this series.,

SnakeBoy
04-23-2017, 12:09 AM

LMA had a decent game. Can't really expect any of our bigs to dominate against Memphis.

Manu/Green/Mills combine to shoot 19%...that's the story of the game. Well that and Kawhi is a stud.

tmtcsc
04-23-2017, 12:16 AM
Massive letdown and should be a wake-up for PATFO as far as this roster is concerned. To add, 23 TOs by the opposing team -- one that is medicore by all metrics-- and still took an L for the night.

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. RC has some work to do.

Play Boban
04-23-2017, 12:18 AM
If danny green and manu each hit 1 three we win this game. Not much you can do when they are missing wide open 3s.

The game really shouldn't have been close if Kawhi hadn't gone LBJ.
That's not how it works.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 12:28 AM
TP was killer tonight.

:toast
Plus, I will add... find some playing time for Bertans...
I don't know how ready Pop is for this, but he really needs to bench Manu. If any of Simmons/Anderson/Bertans/Murray was putting up 0fers consistently and not being a threat to do anything out there they would be benched WITHOUT A DOUBT. I think he's hoping Manu snaps out of it, but it's time to move on.. and to do it b4 the series is against the wall.

They all played very well against the Memphis starters the last game for example, and then are reduced to spotting up and don't get that involved. Pop has to look at footage of game 3 when Anderson scored 15 points, Simmons 10 and Bertans 6 and look to get them going. Him not maximizing what these guys can do, when Manu Ginobili has given 0 points for 4 games in a row is a shame. He needs to figure out to get the bench going and the key is with these guys. I am afraid if he sticks to same ol, same ol Spurs will be sent packing if not this round, the next. And it would be a shame bc these guys can play.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 12:31 AM
Gutsy ass performance from HOTS today. Earned a little respect from me today.
Coming from you .. tell us a lot.
showed guts.

skulls138
04-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Coming from you .. tell us a lot.
showed guts.Guts? Hes doing it because he has to to keep credibility. Stop being a dickhead and he wont have to be shut up.

UZER
04-23-2017, 12:36 AM

Neither does pop.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 12:39 AM
He doesn't... I mentioned it in the thread. When they tried to run offense through him he was a disaster. It was actually in a stretch Kawhi went to the bench.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 12:43 AM
Guts? Hes doing it because he has to to keep credibility. Stop being a dickhead and he wont have to be shut up.
the one who showed guts was Tony...
that wasn't clear.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 12:51 AM

F*ck Pop. Throwing a playoff game away...Sitting Kawhi just to send a message.

F** Pop and his "loyalty" contracts still playing guys who are 0-17 in this series.,
and 1
:claw

skulls138
04-23-2017, 12:51 AM
Oops. My point still stands. I like talking b-ball but the hate gets old and I love it when crow gets served. Thats 3 out of 4 games Parkers done well. I hope hes got one more in him.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 12:56 AM
Oops. My point still stands. I like talking b-ball but the hate gets old and I love it when crow gets served. Thats 3 out of 4 games Parkers done well. I hope hes got one more in him.
I love when crow gets served too.
I thought Tony was done myself... made a post about it. I am not a Tony hate troll... but did genuinely think he was done.
I am very glad he has something in the tank.

I wish Manu would made me eat crow... but he isn't, doesn't, etc. You get the point. I am never in a bad mood when a Spur plays well that I thought couldn't.

I wish now for the Spurs youngsters to play well and get chances bc I don't think Manu has it anymore and he's preventing others from "getting it".

skulls138
04-23-2017, 01:17 AM
Definitely not complaining about your predictions right or wrong because youre just stating your opinion which is part of the fun.

I dont really make predictions because Im superstitious but of course Parkers ability to be effective is going to be a question mark because of his age.

I personally didnt see a way around not keeping Parker, even if he stunk it up all year. Its the curse of being a multi-championed team, you have to give the players who won us all the rings somewhat of a chance to retire on the team they had success with. Not an endless chance. And honestly this allows Murray to incubate without ruining him by throwing him out there too soon.

SnakeBoy
04-23-2017, 01:36 AM
I wish Manu would made me eat crow... but he isn't, doesn't, etc. You get the point. I am never in a bad mood when a Spur plays well that I thought couldn't.

I wish now for the Spurs youngsters to play well and get chances bc I don't think Manu has it anymore and he's preventing others from "getting it".

Manu has had a pretty good year, definitely more than I was expecting. I don't know what's up with him but I have to think he'll find some sort of groove. We don't need much from him just more than shooting 0%.

Arcadian
04-23-2017, 02:03 AM
:lol Manure
:lol D-league
:lol shooting guards who cant shoot

DMC
04-23-2017, 02:05 AM
:lol Shooting guards who cant shoot

Or guard

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 02:07 AM
Manu has had a pretty good year, definitely more than I was expecting. I don't know what's up with him but I have to think he'll find some sort of groove. We don't need much from him just more than shooting 0%.
I don't know.
Truth is I am conflicted about Manu. I have been vocal about his non-existence in this series...
but here's the thing. Pop has good young players. He has not relied on them all season though, which doesn't put them in position to succeed. I understand the last games of the season that Pop threw were to get them experience. Unfortunately Murray missed those opportunities. Simmons is the only guy who got consistent rotation minutes and was fizzing out to end the season. Anderson only came in more aggressive to end the season, but he didn't get as many reps and playing time all through the regular season with these guys. It's going to be tough for them to be consistent when they compete with each other for minutes, have a short hook and some trust from coach but not much.

Manu, ok he's gotten and earned that trust through a whole career, but he's looking done frankly. 4 games? He's not going to come back.
Actually I could elaborate and Manu has been declining in his production in the postseason for a couple of seasons already and worse: his usage goes down from around 20-24 in the past couple of regular seasons to the teens in the postseason and right now it is probably extremely low.

The regular season doesn't matter to me if Manu is not going to be reliable in the playoffs... and him playing takes playing time out from someone else, whoever (everyone knows I am an Anderson fan but I am not a troll and it should be whoever is deserving) a young player that needs it if you want him to help you in the postseason. So now, manu is done and others need to step up. Murray? He's played only about 300 minutes all season and about 75% of that is garbage time and got injured late in the season and didn't get any of the throw away games Pop gave to others.

It probably needs to be a combination of Simmons, Bertans or Anderson, but how was Pop going to figure that out without guys playing regularly... in fact, what is more, they play very well with each other and have more repetitions with each other than with any of the regular guys. I'd love for Murray to play too frankly. Now bc of the established structured bench, it might be too late to find a combination of bench guys that works for Pop. These guys had no trouble scoring against Memphis starters a couple of games ago. But they weren't playing in an offense around Aldridge when they did what they did, etc.

I hope any of them that get the minutes is better than this game. Bertans played well, but Manu, Simmons and Anderson were not factors and Simmons and Anderson combined for just one shot. The two of them can play better. They simply were not involved in what the team was doing, they were running offense through others and the ball didn't come to them except for a bailout shot scenario that was doomed. Ball did come to Manu though, he was wide open and was involved bc he's a team leader that is trusted. He was playing his game, but the team still got zero.

I think it's possible others can do more if they are more involved and playing their games. Maybe I am wrong... but Manu hasn't shown me anything to warrant playing time over the others... if he wasn't Manu and just some schmuck he wouldn't have been in the rotation for this game. Pop would have gone with the group that showed guts in the 4th Q of game 3.