PDA

View Full Version : Pop's two major flaws this series

$pursDynasty
04-22-2017, 10:30 PM
1) His insistence on playing long stretches of the game with no starters on the court. The Grizz only play 8 players, but Pop can't stop going full bench. Yet he still doesn't substitute correctly.
2) His not realizing Manu is NOT for this series

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 10:30 PM
Pop doesn't care anymore. He's said it. Fire his ass.

apalisoc_9
04-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Problem is...Manu has been so bad. If he's at least giving us 6ppg Pop wouldn't need to figure out ways to get Points from the SG position.

He's had Mills-Parker, Simmons.

If the Spurs lose game 5.

You might just need to play Leonard 45 minutes to cover for Ginobili and Play Anderson at the 3.

UZER
04-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Pop will still play Manu in game 5. Manu will contribute 14 points giving pop false hope again. He will then play Manu 20 minutes again in game 6 even though he is shitting the bed.

ElNono
04-22-2017, 10:35 PM
how about throwing games that are within reach? Look at the 'message' he sent!

duncan2k5
04-22-2017, 10:36 PM
Problem is...Manu has been so bad. If he's at least giving us 6ppg Pop wouldn't need to figure out ways to get Points from the SG position.

You might just need to play Leonard 45 minutes to cover for Ginobili and Play Anderson at the 3.

play WHO at the WHERE????? get the FUCK out

duncan2k5
04-22-2017, 10:36 PM

exactly...idiot coach...senile fuck

bic50
04-22-2017, 10:38 PM

spursistan
04-22-2017, 10:45 PM

sasaint
04-22-2017, 10:46 PM
Pop will still play Manu in game 5. Manu will contribute 14 points giving pop false hope again. He will then play Manu 20 minutes again in game 6 even though he is shitting the bed.

Please no!

timtonymanu
04-22-2017, 10:46 PM

Knew this shit would be 2-2 after that. Pop needs to keep his antiquated schticks in his pocket and get with the fucking times. His players won't keep taking that shit.

sasaint
04-22-2017, 10:48 PM
1) His insistence on playing long stretches of the game with no starters on the court. The Grizz only play 8 players, but Pop can't stop going full bench. Yet he still doesn't substitute correctly.
2) His not realizing Manu is DONE

FIFY

Mikeanaro
Used all the timeouts too soon, doesnt have a word on the reffing.

noles1983
Pop's cancer nose and Manu both need to gtfo

Slippy
04-22-2017, 11:15 PM

Yah im still bitter about this. Numerous times this team was down 10but kept coming back to make ita winnable game. spurs were 12secs away from a win. Game 3 was a wasted lesson on the players.

Maybe pop thaught himself a lesson

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 03:29 AM

Play the group that was scoring with no problems in the 4th Q of game 3, Murray Simmons Anderson and Bertans with Dedmon if you must bc they need help rebounding

It won't happen. Pop will stick with Manu and Lee maybe play some Simmons but not enough... and there's no point if Manu is still on the floor and the minutes you gave Simmons were Anderson'S bc the guy who needs to be benched is Manu.
he needs to bench Lee and Manu but I don't see Pop being this radical.

spurs1990
04-24-2017, 04:17 AM
I'd say I'm on the boat as far as wanting a change from Popovich as he's probably lost his fire after 20 years (and to be fair who wouldn't).

But then I realize I really don't know who's a worthy enough successor who'll get more out of this current roster.

But anyway it's only game 5 and Spurs are still two losses from any of this mattering.

Ice009
04-24-2017, 05:27 AM
2) His not realizing Manu is NOT for this series

I'm about done with his retarded resting. NO, I WAS FUCKING DONE WITH HIS RESTING YEARS AGO. I never agreed with it in the first place.

Does this clown realize that he used to play Tim Duncan 40+ minutes a game in the playoffs? You know, when the Spurs won 4 of their 5 Championships, Tim was getting big minutes.

Since the resting started, he's won one ring resting players and may have cost the team more with the resting (2013 comes to mind with that idiotic lineup to start the 4th quarter to get all the starters their "rest"). Resting Kawhi for long stretches in the OKC series certainly hurt the Spurs chances of advancing like they should have last season.

I don't agree at all with this clown's "resting" shtick. Again, like I said last playoffs, what the fuck is he resting them for? They won't get to the later rounds with him resting them all the freaking time and limiting the minutes of his best players in the playoffs.

You don't win with scrubs getting too many minutes in the playoffs, you tool, Pop.

DAF86
04-24-2017, 01:09 PM
Biggest flaw was not benching Tony for defensive purposes at the end of game 4, tbh.

ceperez
04-24-2017, 01:15 PM
The flaw is he didn't go out mid season and find a player that can create his own offense.

That and alway playing Parker during defense! If he had like Green on Conley, Conley would have a harder time making that shot.

Seventyniner
04-24-2017, 01:19 PM
My biggest gripe was playing Manu so much, but benching him screwed the rotation so badly that he played Parker and Mills together, a recipe for defensive disaster. Green would have had a far easier time finishing that break, and Simmons would have thrown that shit down and probably gotten fouled too.

That and allowing Aldridge to switch onto Conley multiple times, only for LMA to get blown by with no help at the rim.

bklynspursfan
04-24-2017, 01:48 PM
I actually thought he was staggering Kawhi/LMA's mins fairly well to ensure 1 of them was on the court. Different approach than the reg season. I would not say long stretches without any starters.

I think it's simple... We shot 9-30 from 3, and had so many good looks. Grizz shot 12-27 from 3. We can't let them outshoot us from 3. Personally, I would play Bertans a bit more, and give w/e mins Anderson/Simmons would get to him. I think Lee is getting a bit of a bad rap this series, but thought he battled Z-Bo pretty dam well last game and had a key offensive board that again, the timekeeper screwed us on.

Bertans/Pau/Mills/Green/Manu, those guys have to get going from 3

Proxy
04-24-2017, 01:57 PM
losing games to a 7th seed is because of minor substitution changes and our one SG vet not playing well? lol

MultiTroll
04-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Biggest flaw was not benching Tony for defensive purposes at the end of game 4, tbh.
This is just coaching 101.

The ones who call him the best coach in the league. :lmao

Sad because I thought he doing really well for the most part this series. Every other time out he says move the ball.

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 11:32 PM
Pop had more than these blunders.
Game management and substitutions down the stretch were awful.
Agreed with Manu4tres there.
Damn Pop :td

Ice009
04-24-2017, 11:42 PM
As I said above in my previous post - Why is he resting players in the playoffs? Why was he resting Kawhi for long stretches in last season's OKC series? You gotta play your best players big minutes in the playoffs, especially when your team is full of scrubs. When the Spurs won most of their Championships he played Tim Duncan big minutes - which was necessary for the spurs to win those rings IMO.

Right now, though, he needs to play Kawhi more minutes just to win games, but he continues to rest him for stretches that are still a little too long IMO. The reserves and his backups just aren't getting it done.

TheDoctor
04-25-2017, 12:18 AM

This man knows tbh. Game 5s are always Manu's games. Game 6s not that much.

mookie2001
04-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Manu is not for the world. He is crap

MultiTroll
04-25-2017, 09:48 AM
Doc Rivers
Billy Donovan
Fizdale Thickrims

Can Pop complete the trifecta?

Lets hope for some TEAM ball.

duncan2k5
04-25-2017, 01:25 PM
Pop rather win in his unconventional way, than to do the obvious... Wants it to appear to be because of his decisions... Sometimes the obvious is the obvious for a reason.

TD 21
04-25-2017, 06:14 PM
1) Not true. He's been getting Aldridge out around the 4 minute mark of the 1st/3rd quarters and playing Leonard the entirety of them all series. Then, when the former comes back to start the 2nd/4th quarters, the latter goes out. Also, all bench isn't the same with the Spurs as most teams. They get better at center, oftentimes at point and shooting guard and sometimes power forward.

2) He's never going to totally faze out any of the big three, especially when the alternatives are as unappealing as Anderson/Simmons. Sure, they've outplayed Ginobili in this series, but that's more about his struggles than them playing particularly well and the previous 82 games worth indicate he's still better than both. He's handled this well though, by having him on a short leash and not just handing him 20 mpg.

MultiTroll
04-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Popovich struck a philosophical tone when asked about Ginobili’s slump.
“Sometimes the ball goes in, sometimes it doesn’t,” the coach said.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/yYCmhHFhopA/hqdefault.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjK8M6A58DTAhUN82MKHaFtCUAQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DyY CmhHFhopA&psig=AFQjCNFljRwYn-Mgmz5XCEGK49SFobmGpw&ust=1493250829608636)
That is soo deep. Hall of Fame.