PDA

View Full Version : Relax, Spurs will win Game 5 and 6

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:30 PM
We are going back home where we will get some home cooking and our role players will step up, we are fine, we will win game 5 and 6, book it

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 10:31 PM
No, Spurs are getting backdoor swept. Memphis has all the momentum. This one's over.

TampaDude
04-22-2017, 10:31 PM
No, they won't. BDS.

timtonymanu
04-22-2017, 10:32 PM
Hard to believe in this team the way they flamed out the last two playoff runs

PopTheGOAT
04-22-2017, 10:33 PM
I agree. Sending their whining fans home crying in game 6

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:33 PM
No, Spurs are getting backdoor swept. Memphis has all the momentum. This one's over.

It is amazing to me, your commitment to trolling the Spurs forums as a Laker fan. You have been doing this since 2013, saying every year we were done, just stop dude, you are the biggest troll on this board.

Get a fucking life and go root for lottery balls to bounce your way so your worthless fucking lakers can finally win more than 30 games in a season you pathetic fuck.

davidbowie
04-22-2017, 10:34 PM
only bright side of this series is at least tony allen is hurt so these games arent blowouts

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:34 PM
Hard to believe in this team the way they flamed out the last two playoff runs

This Memphis team doesnt hold a candle to the 3rd seeded Clippers or OKC.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:35 PM
only bright side of this series is at least tony allen is hurt so these games arent blowouts

Tony Allen is a traffic cone on offense, 0% chance he would make any difference, he may actually hurt them.

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 10:35 PM
It is amazing to me, your commitment to trolling the Spurs forums as a Laker fan. You have been doing this since 2013, saying every year we were done, just stop dude, you are the biggest troll on this board.

Get a fucking life and go root for lottery balls to bounce your way so your worthless fucking lakers can finally win more than 30 games in a season you pathetic fuck.

I'm a Spurs fan, but I see the game for what it is. This team is playing pathetic basketball. If ISOs for Kawhi is the only way we can even contend against a seventh seeded team, then it's all over. I've been on this board since 2011 too. Not 2013.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:37 PM
I'm a Spurs fan, but I see the game for what it is. This team is playing pathetic basketball. If ISOs for Kawhi is the only way we can even contend against a seventh seeded team, then it's all over. I've been on this board since 2011 too. Not 2013.

You are a lying sack of shit, you are a Lakers fan, you have been outed before.

You literally post every fucking year, including the years we won it all, that we are a garbage fucking team that wont win shit. You are a fucking clown, a meme, a worthless piece of shit with no life. Go hang out with your gayboys at Lakersground, I know you remember me because I have called you out every year the last few years, you are a troll.

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 10:39 PM
You are a lying sack of shit, you are a Lakers fan, you have been outed before.

You literally post every fucking year, including the years we won it all, that we are a garbage fucking team that wont win shit. You are a fucking clown, a meme, a worthless piece of shit with no life. Go hang out with your gayboys at Lakersground, I know you remember me because I have called you out every year the last few years, you are a troll.

Lmao get out of here idiot. I've never been ousted as a Lakers fan. If you need to get out your anger because the Spurs are a trash team online so be it.

BillMc
04-22-2017, 10:40 PM
We got to see that you can play Davis against Grizz without being too exposed. Will be useful going forward.

DarrinS
04-22-2017, 10:41 PM
My gut says Spurs win next game by double figures.

BatManu20
I think we win in 7 tbh.

DarrinS
Lmao get out of here idiot. I've never been ousted as a Lakers fan. If you need to get out your anger because the Spurs are a trash team online so be it.

You're not fooling anyone. :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:42 PM

Lmao dude, you have been outed, I know you are hoping the new people here dont know but the veterans do know, you are a troll, a Lakers fan, and frankly its obvious anyways.

If anyone took a look at your post history it is 99% you talking shit about the Spurs. Go back to Lakersground fagget.

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 10:42 PM
You're not fooling anyone. :lol

Where's the proof?

SPURt
04-22-2017, 10:43 PM
We got to see that you can play Davis against Grizz without being too exposed. Will be useful going forward.
It was good to see Pop try him with really important minutes. Why not at this point? The majority of the Grizz are D League players. Watching Kawhi tonight reminded me of watching Jordan play the Jordan rules Pistons. I just wish Kawhi had Pippen.

tmtcsc
04-22-2017, 10:49 PM
If the Spurs don't win this series, things are worse than I thought. As it is, having a 7th seed take you to 6 games is pretty fucking ridiculous. Its disgusting. The Spurs gave up 110 points to Memphis. I don't care it was in over-time.

The Spurs are supposed to be the best defensive team in the league and on the most important stage, they can't get stops against an offensively challenged Grizzlies squad. Memphis basically has 3 players, one of which is in his mid to late 30's. Once again, THE REGULAR SEASON doesn't mean jack shit. This team is exactly what your eyes say they are - a 1 man team surrounded by role players who don't take accountability or bring the juice.

Geezus, this shouldn't be tied. WTF?? This should have been a sweep without Parsons or Allen. Fucking Grizzlies.

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 10:51 PM
If the Spurs don't win this series, things are worse than I thought. As it is, having a 7th seed take you to 6 games is pretty fucking ridiculous. Its disgusting. The Spurs gave up 110 points to Memphis. I don't care it was in over-time.

The Spurs are supposed to be the best defensive team in the league and on the most important stage, they can't get stops against an offensively challenged Grizzlies squad. Memphis basically has 3 players, one of which is in his mid to late 30's. Once again, THE REGULAR SEASON doesn't mean jack shit. This team is exactly what your eyes say they are - a 1 man team surrounded by role players who don't take accountability or bring the juice.

Geezus, this shouldn't be tied. WTF?? This should have been a sweep without Parsons or Allen. Fucking Grizzlies.

Agree 100%. If by some miracle of God the Spurs do come out against Memphis, they'll be beat up and exhausted... Meanwhile the Rockets and Warriors are lolligagging and messing around into the second round.

DarrinS

Damn, that was a pretty strong truth nuke. I'll need to hit the hard booze now. :lol

noles1983
Yeah I'm with OP. This game showed me we have a real chance despite KL and TP combining for 65 points and still losing. /s

Spurs 4 The Win

Exactly, the defense is atrocious and the biggest reason for our problems. And everyone outside of Leonard and Tony being cucks isnt helping.

DarrinS
04-22-2017, 10:52 PM
Agree 100%. If by some miracle of God the Spurs do come out against Memphis, they'll be beat up and exhausted... Meanwhile the Rockets and Warriors are lolligagging and messing around into the second round.

Your Lakers didn't even tank properly. :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Yeah I'm with OP. This game showed me we have a real chance despite KL and TP combining for 65 points and still losing. /s

Eh, Mills and Green will probably have big games because they play better at home. It is what it is, lets just hope we have a Mavs 2014 reaction to having our backs against the wall.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:53 PM
Your Lakers didn't even tank properly. :lol

:lol

Budkin
04-22-2017, 10:56 PM

Don't agree. We had all the momentum at the end. Gasol misses that shot, we win.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 10:59 PM
Don't agree. We had all the momentum at the end. Gasol misses that shot, we win.

Exactly, I felt that the Spurs were confident leaving that game, I think we win double digits in game 5

FkLA
04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
People who make threads like this are idiots. Spurs are in a dangerous position, thats the reality of the situation. Your gut feeling or your overconfidence as a fan doesn't change that. I wouldn't bet on MEM winning in San Antonio, so the Spurs might win on just HCA...but they have a shot. They're capable of having one great game in SA and that's all it would take.

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
Exactly, I felt that the Spurs were confident leaving that game, I think we win double digits in game 5

Saving this comment for when the Spurs expectedly lose Game 5.

sasaint
04-22-2017, 11:01 PM

WE got to see it, but does Pop? To me it looked like he was experimenting with lineups almost as if he doesn't realize this is the playoffs and the regular season is over. Playing Tony and Patty together? Sending in DLee specifically for D? Heck some of his lineups were changed so fast it was hard to keep up with who was on the floor! He doesn't seem to be trying to settle on rotations or keep effective units on the floor together for long enough to get the individual players any rhythm or the unit any chemistry. Bertans is just as likely to get a DNP next game as he is to play.

spurtech09
04-22-2017, 11:04 PM
Would like to see more Bertans and simmons .....even Murray......Don't forget Dedmon didn't play tonight....

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 11:07 PM
People who make threads like this are idiots. Spurs are in a dangerous position, thats the reality of the situation. Your gut feeling or your overconfidence as a fan doesn't change that. I wouldn't bet on MEM winning in San Antonio, so the Spurs might win on just HCA...but they have a shot. They're capable of having one great game in SA and that's all it would take.

Go look at my post history, made a thread like this for Game 4 against Dallas in 2014, Game 6 against the Thunder in 2014, and Game 3 against the Heat in 2014. Good track record.

Horse
04-22-2017, 11:07 PM
They should have our attention now. We play 48 min we'll blow them
out. Besides how long can they keep hitting bad shots

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 11:08 PM

How long has it been since the Lakers have been relevant, since 2011? Must be rough fagget

spurtech09
04-22-2017, 11:10 PM
They should have our attention now. We play 48 min we'll blow them
out. Besides how long can they keep hitting bad shotsAlways happens....Spurs getting hit back with a bunch of fluke shots by the Grizz....

cjw
04-22-2017, 11:10 PM

No, it would take one game in SA and holding serve at home. Spurs losing game 6 even if they blow game 5 isn't a given.

But would be very tough to win game 6 either way - probably a 40% shot. Lack of Dedmon tonight actually meant something - Spurs got absolutely destroyed on the boards. Game wouldn't have been as close if not for turnovers.

Nathan89
04-22-2017, 11:13 PM
I'd still be on the Spurs to win the series but the margin or error is very slim.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 11:17 PM
No, it would take one game in SA and holding serve at home. Spurs losing game 6 even if they blow game 5 isn't a given.

But would be very tough to win game 6 either way - probably a 40% shot. Lack of Dedmon tonight actually meant something - Spurs got absolutely destroyed on the boards. Game wouldn't have been as close if not for turnovers.

Yeah with Kawhi, he can take over any game, we will win game 6, book it

siraulo23
04-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Spurs better win game 5. Not sure about game 6

Grizz just won after committing so many turnovers and and Kawhi going insane in the 4th, TP having a vintage performance. Kinda scary

Spurs 4 The Win
04-22-2017, 11:33 PM
Spurs better win game 5. Not sure about game 6

Grizz just won after committing so many turnovers and and Kawhi going insane in the 4th, TP having a vintage performance. Kinda scary

Yeah and if Manu or Green had just combine for 4-5 3 pointers, we would have won by double digits. The team played like total fucking shit outside of two players.

TampaDude
04-23-2017, 04:02 AM
Yeah and if Manu or Green had just combine for 4-5 3 pointers, we would have won by double digits. The team played like total fucking shit outside of two players.

Yup...it's like the 2007 or 2015 Cavs. One superstar and a bunch of scrubs.

Robz4000
04-23-2017, 05:15 AM
Yup...it's like the 2007 or 2015 Cavs. One superstar and a bunch of scrubs.

Basically this. The current iteration of the Spurs reminds me of the first iteration of the LeBron Cavs. Just hope Kawhi doesn't jump ship; he got a ring already, it's just on the Spurs to give him the talent to have a chance.

UZER
04-23-2017, 06:50 AM
Winning game 5 & 6 is not really the problem. It's seeing that once again Pop it's up to his old stubborn coaching tricks. Moving to the next rounds does not bring any confidence.

Capt Bringdown
04-23-2017, 08:21 AM
This team doesn't have an identity other than Leonard and hope for the best. The regular season circus masks this reality, but in the playoffs you can't hide from the truth.
The Spurs historically have bounced back from playoff blow-out losses, but I wonder what's their record of responding to losing on the last possession? Not very good I'm guessing.

UZER
04-23-2017, 11:08 AM
This team doesn't have an identity other than Leonard and hope for the best. The regular season circus masks this reality, but in the playoffs you can't hide from the truth.
The Spurs historically have bounced back from playoff blow-out losses, but I wonder what's their record of responding to losing on the last possession? Not very good I'm guessing.

Aldridge does not give me any hope.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 12:14 PM
my pick was spurs in 6. feels like that could still happen, idk what pop's rotations are gonna be like though...

Spurs 4 The Win
04-23-2017, 04:39 PM

Yeah we sure shit the bed after Vince Carter hit that buzzer beater in Game 3 :rolleyes

Budkin
04-23-2017, 04:49 PM
Rockets about to go up 3-1.

itzsoweezee
04-23-2017, 04:57 PM
I thought this Spurs team was a paper tiger, much like the one that list to the grizzlies the last time around. Is be surprised at this point if the Spurs win this series. Pop insists on playing unproductive vets over guys who can score. The Spurs offense simply can't keep up, which is an amazing thing to say considering they're playing the fucking Memphis grizzlies.

TD 21
04-23-2017, 05:07 PM
I predicted 6 beforehand, but this team should be embarrassed that it's actually going to take that and it speaks volumes about them. An all-time great two way performance from Leonard, arguably the best (at least, considering the stakes) post prime Parker performance and they still lost to a Grizzlies team that has no superstar, pathetic depth on the perimeter and doesn't cause matchup issues.

This series was about getting out of it in 5, so that their old asses could get at least equal rest to the Rockets before that track meet ensues. Now, that's more than likely not happening and the only positive about this prospective series is, Harden's wrist injury has derailed his shot.

Darius Bieber
04-23-2017, 05:12 PM
Rockets and Warriors showing us how true contenders look in the playoffs. Beating up on lower seeded teams, even if your MVP doesn't show up in the game. Harden looked like shit today on the road, but his teammates showed up. Kawhi's teammates are just straight trash. Just shows the Spurs are trash.

Budkin
04-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Rockets and Warriors showing us how true contenders look in the playoffs. Beating up on lower seeded teams. Just shows the Spurs are trash.

Aside from Kawhi, The Biebs is right on the money this time.

Ice009
04-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Now that Cleveland has won today, what time would game 5 be? I think Sean mentioned last night during the broadcast it would be earlier if Cleveland advanced? Anyone know the time yet?

itzsoweezee
04-23-2017, 05:57 PM
Now that Cleveland has won today, what time would game 5 be? I think Sean mentioned last night during the broadcast it would be earlier if Cleveland advanced? Anyone know the time yet?

8pm ct

kaji157
04-23-2017, 06:21 PM
Basically this. The current iteration of the Spurs reminds me of the first iteration of the LeBron Cavs. Just hope Kawhi doesn't jump ship; he got a ring already, it's just on the Spurs to give him the talent to have a chance.

He got a ring, respect and a Finals MVP, courtesy of Pop and the Big 3, if he leaves he is a shit of a person and player.

AFMadison
04-23-2017, 06:49 PM
Aldridge does not give me any hope.
He's definitely got to play better, then again though he is facing arguably the best defensive big in the game. Still though just need to play better as a TEAM and not ride Kawhi. This series reminds me of Spurs vs Mavs first round back in 2014. Spurs kicked it into high gear in game 7. Only problem is this Grizz team is much better than that Mavs team, and this Spurs team is not as good, as of now. Let's hope they bring it game 5.

DMC
04-23-2017, 07:10 PM
He got a ring, respect and a Finals MVP, courtesy of Pop and the Big 3, if he leaves he is a shit of a person and player.

Thing about Kawhi is that he doesn't give a genuine fuck what you think. People who do never make it to where he is. He'll do what's in him to do. He's made a big enough splash this year to attract some star power attention. He's a superstar who's not a media whore, not a talker and wants you to get the spotlight over him. He just wants to win. That seems like anyone in the upper tiers would fight to get to play with that guy.

kaji157
04-23-2017, 08:54 PM
Thing about Kawhi is that he doesn't give a genuine fuck what you think. People who do never make it to where he is. He'll do what's in him to do. He's made a big enough splash this year to attract some star power attention. He's a superstar who's not a media whore, not a talker and wants you to get the spotlight over him. He just wants to win. That seems like anyone in the upper tiers would fight to get to play with that guy.

So by your logic, players will be killing themselves to come and play here with Kawhi.

I canīt do anything but hope you are right.

DMC
04-23-2017, 09:06 PM
So by your logic, players will be killing themselves to come and play here with Kawhi.

I canīt do anything but hope you are right.

The only caveat to that is if Pop continues to feature worn out faces for marketing purposes instead of building a solid team with strength in each position. This "bar of soap" shit needs to stop.

Keepin' it real
04-23-2017, 09:20 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder211/50883211.jpg

Spurtacular
04-23-2017, 10:11 PM
Spurs should win Game 5. I worry about their being a 7th game where anything can happen though.

kaji157
04-23-2017, 11:07 PM
The only caveat to that is if Pop continues to feature worn out faces for marketing purposes instead of building a solid team with strength in each position. This "bar of soap" shit needs to stop.

I donīt think the problem for the team will be the "bar of soap" as it wasnīt this season, and for sure wonīt be next season salary wise nothing is commited to him.
The glaring problems with this team donīt lay on Ginobiliīs contract or production, other than the last 4 games his production was enough, and his contract this year didnīt fuck our roster salary wise.
The problem lays within the players having bigger roles and longer contracts, who are not living up to the expectations we had on them. I can understand the furious approach about Manu for the money he is making, but like it or not, it didnīt really affect our team building.
The problem forward will be to add new pieces that can add to this team with the little cap weīll have.

DMC
04-23-2017, 11:27 PM
I donīt think the problem for the team will be the "bar of soap" as it wasnīt this season, and for sure wonīt be next season salary wise nothing is commited to him.
The glaring problems with this team donīt lay on Ginobiliīs contract or production, other than the last 4 games his production was enough, and his contract this year didnīt fuck our roster salary wise.
The problem lays within the players having bigger roles and longer contracts, who are not living up to the expectations we had on them. I can understand the furious approach about Manu for the money he is making, but like it or not, it didnīt really affect our team building.
The problem forward will be to add new pieces that can add to this team with the little cap weīll have.

I'm not talking about Manu specifically. I am talking about relying too much on soon-to-retire guys as if it's a last hoorah for this or that soon-to-retire Spurs face. We went down that road, and Kawhi isn't about to retire so get some real talent. KL is a gazelle, he needs speed on the floor with him. All this pudgy slow barely out of D-league talent or old washed up guys who need days off every other day aren't going to allow these Spurs to capitalize on KL's abilities, and KL will spend years on the bubble getting noticed like CP3 but not getting further than that. There aren't many (if any) prime Manu or Tony types running around for sale, but at least get a Dragic type point guard who can attack the paint, some real 3pt shooting and a legit big with an up and coming backup. If the Spurs want to go the cheap route, they deserve what they get if it backfires.

Tim is gone, and he was the best defensive big in the game (maybe next to Gobert) when he left. That's a big hole to fill with rim protection. We have almost zero rim protection now, outside of Danny or KL. Our bigs just usher players to the rim and stand there, hands waist high, and watch the action or they foul without even stopping the play, with that queer ass swipe down at the ball instead of standing ground like Marc Gasol did against KL. Makes me miss Tiago.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 11:31 PM
WE got to see it, but does Pop? To me it looked like he was experimenting with lineups almost as if he doesn't realize this is the playoffs and the regular season is over. Playing Tony and Patty together? Sending in DLee specifically for D? Heck some of his lineups were changed so fast it was hard to keep up with who was on the floor! He doesn't seem to be trying to settle on rotations or keep effective units on the floor together for long enough to get the individual players any rhythm or the unit any chemistry. Bertans is just as likely to get a DNP next game as he is to play.
He's going to have to rely on younger players to even get out of the first round and I don't think he's ready for that. But someone will have to make him be ready.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:43 AM
I'm not talking about Manu specifically. I am talking about relying too much on soon-to-retire guys as if it's a last hoorah for this or that soon-to-retire Spurs face. We went down that road, and Kawhi isn't about to retire so get some real talent. KL is a gazelle, he needs speed on the floor with him. All this pudgy slow barely out of D-league talent or old washed up guys who need days off every other day aren't going to allow these Spurs to capitalize on KL's abilities, and KL will spend years on the bubble getting noticed like CP3 but not getting further than that. There aren't many (if any) prime Manu or Tony types running around for sale, but at least get a Dragic type point guard who can attack the paint, some real 3pt shooting and a legit big with an up and coming backup. If the Spurs want to go the cheap route, they deserve what they get if it backfires.

Tim is gone, and he was the best defensive big in the game (maybe next to Gobert) when he left. That's a big hole to fill with rim protection. We have almost zero rim protection now, outside of Danny or KL. Our bigs just usher players to the rim and stand there, hands waist high, and watch the action or they foul without even stopping the play, with that queer ass swipe down at the ball instead of standing ground like Marc Gasol did against KL. Makes me miss Tiago.

I agree with your analysis. The problem is the Spurs are in a financial bind. As long as they refuse to part with LMA, Pau, Green or (especially) Tony, they have too little cap space to sign "a Dragic type point guard who can attack the paint, some real 3pt shooting and a legit big with an up and coming backup." This off-season, they will have to (once again) rely on turning up a diamond-in-the-rough, serviceable veteran or two on the cheap and/or a draft pick that Pop can bury on the bench/in Austin for a year or two. The signing of soft, fade-away shooting, iso-dependent LMA has altered the Spurs's style of play, Kawhi's developmental arc and placed the team in a cap bind for several years of Kawhi's prime. The sharp decline of Tony and Manu, coupled with PATFO's failure to recognize this inevitable eventuality and prepare for it has doomed the Spurs to several years of mediocrity - even if their regular season record seems to indicate otherwise. What realistic moves would you recommend this off-season - given the cap constraints and PATFO's blind loyalty/stubbornness?

Tbh, the best thing working in the Spurs' favor this offseason is the financial bind facing the Warriors.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:45 AM
He's going to have to rely on younger players to even get out of the first round and I don't think he's ready for that. But someone will have to make him be ready.

What "someone" do you recommend?

Keepin' it real
04-24-2017, 08:49 AM

http://images.memes.com/meme/1050317

sasaint
04-24-2017, 09:16 AM
http://images.memes.com/meme/1050317

:lol Maybe as good a choice as the Spurs currently have!

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 09:48 AM
I would expect one of the assistants to help there. I'd hope Becky who has coached summer league maybe... but who knows? We don't know what goes on behind close doors. Someone had to have pointed to him it was time to bench Pau at some point mid season so maybe it's not lost on the coaching staff that Pop needs to do something.
I have little faith in Pop making adjustments when it comes to putting more faith in younger players. I tell you I think Murray should be playing too.

rjv
04-24-2017, 09:59 AM
i will say this: if you follow the playoff format, you will generally see younger players perform much better at home than on the road. so with that in mind, i expect some of the role players for memphis such as ennis III to drop off in game 5. conversely, i would expect green and patty to play better here. if that happens, and kawhi is kawhi and aldridge and parker show they can at least compete then the spurs will take game 5. i had picked the spurs in a grueling six game series and i still stand by that, but i have seen some problems that i did not fully anticipate so it could go the full seven.

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 10:00 AM
If the Spurs want to go the cheap route, they deserve what they get if it backfires.
They haven't gone the "cheap route". They have spent to add talent.... they are very high over the cap, close to the lux line.
The problem is the talent they have added the past couple of seasons consists of Lamarcus who is underachieving... He was not signed just for the defense (Dedmon instead was!)... he was signed to be a second star and is playing like a roleplayer.
the other high ticket guy they have added is Pau.. who might as well be TOSB Pau instead of MVPau... bc he's being inefficient having cooled off and can't guard a soul. I have doubts he will be able to stay on the floor the rest of the other rounds if he's already getting benched against Memphis and Pop instead playing DLee who is in a vet min deal 33 minutes, and in fact he should have played rook Bertans more! What does that say about Pau?

Can't place the blame on the "so called barely out of dleague" guys when they are actually having a good series shooting efficiently and have the short hook, get in and out with weird lineups and the whole thing is not about them, not even sure Pop cares to get those guys going. No... this debacle is in the old washed up guys like Manu and Pau and in Danny and Patty Mills being off and Patty, on top of his poor shooting, being a defensive liability who can't guard anyone. Then it's on Pop himself who threw away game 3 with a hockey substitution with 22 minutes still to be played and the team down by 9. He just doesn't know who he needs to play. He should have benched some veterans by now, but he can't bring himself to do it bc they are veterans. Instead the young players have the short hook, and they are actually having decent series and quality play.

DMC
04-24-2017, 10:02 AM
I agree with your analysis. The problem is the Spurs are in a financial bind. As long as they refuse to part with LMA, Pau, Green or (especially) Tony, they have too little cap space to sign "a Dragic type point guard who can attack the paint, some real 3pt shooting and a legit big with an up and coming backup." This off-season, they will have to (once again) rely on turning up a diamond-in-the-rough, serviceable veteran or two on the cheap and/or a draft pick that Pop can bury on the bench/in Austin for a year or two. The signing of soft, fade-away shooting, iso-dependent LMA has altered the Spurs's style of play, Kawhi's developmental arc and placed the team in a cap bind for several years of Kawhi's prime. The sharp decline of Tony and Manu, coupled with PATFO's failure to recognize this inevitable eventuality and prepare for it has doomed the Spurs to several years of mediocrity - even if their regular season record seems to indicate otherwise. What realistic moves would you recommend this off-season - given the cap constraints and PATFO's blind loyalty/stubbornness?

Tbh, the best thing working in the Spurs' favor this offseason is the financial bind facing the Warriors.

look at every top 4 conference team, all have elite point guards except spurs.

rjv
04-24-2017, 10:04 AM
it's tough to question pop. he has one superstar, a false favorite (horse racing term) and an aging point guard. then he inconsistent role players and a bevy of untested younger players. easy to guess what rotation when we get to do that from our living rooms but much harder to do so when there is very little margin of error.

Rummpd
04-24-2017, 10:20 AM
Spurs other than Leonard do not do better than 2-20 on threes (many wide open) Spurs will be backdoor swept.

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 10:29 AM
I agree, but this is the first round and Tony has played well in 3 out of 4 games. With Tony playing like he is and Kawhi being an MVP... the rest of the team is giving squat and you place the burden according to who is getting the minutes and the roles they have had.

Sure, there were guys that were available like George Hill who Utah traded for last season.. I am sure that opportunities could have been available to add a more reliable younger point guard in the course of the past couple of seasons, but obviously Pop wasn't going to move on from Tony... and it's tough to blame Tony specifically bc he has played well in 3 out of 4 games.

Like I said, Lamarcus has not been a star, Pau can't stay on the floor, his defensive shortcomings have cost the Spurs game 3 and 4.. and Manu is done. You can't bench the first two ... you can only limit Pau and by playing Lee or Dedmon the team isn't necessarily better but Pop has to get to Pau's ego somehow. So maybe Bertans helps a little bit. I am realistic in what I can expect from Bertans, and 10-15 minute should be enough. His shooting does make life easier on others. He's been a huge positive, while Lee is in the negative and he can't score against Zbo. I'd even play Murray, he gives the team a different look. I am not even high on JSimms but I don't hate him and he's been playing well and shooting well when he's gotten chances. He maybe should get more chances. He or Murray should get Manu's minutes. Kyle had played well except 5 minutes in the last game bc Pop put him in a lineup of non shooters and tried to go through Lamarcus which is a horrible choice, bc Lamarcus has been uber passive, is not decisive in the post, and if you double him quickly he can't make the right reads or passes. He got flash doubled and stripped twice. It was a terrible few minutes Kyle played but that was hardly about him and more about Lamarcus, Manu's passiveness passing the ball like a hot potato and maybe Pop's lineups.

Pop is being antiquated. I don't think he gets out of the first round unless his faith in his veterans pays off and they show up for game 5 or he simply makes adjustments and benches some guys who are having an awful series. The easiest to bench is Manu bc he's shooting 0 out there, playing gambling bad defense, getting lost, passing the ball like a hot potato, not being a threat to score and Pop has suitable replacements for him...

I am still a spurfan and root for whoever Pop has out there. If he chooses veterans again, I hope they don't go down with the ship and maybe rise to the occasion. Maybe Danny gets hot again at home, maybe Manu finally makes a shot... etc. I am not rooting for anyone to fail who is playing...

sasaint
04-24-2017, 12:16 PM
I would expect one of the assistants to help there. I'd hope Becky who has coached summer league maybe... but who knows? We don't know what goes on behind close doors. Someone had to have pointed to him it was time to bench Pau at some point mid season so maybe it's not lost on the coaching staff that Pop needs to do something. G
I have little faith in Pop making adjustments when it comes to putting more faith in younger players. I tell you I think Murray should be playing too.

:tu Yep. Preaching to the choir. I've been calling for Murray to start since before the ASG, using Tony on the second unit and as Murray's Speedy Claxton security blanket. Pop has just forgotten what those kind of bold moves are like.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 12:19 PM
it's tough to question pop. he has one superstar, a false favorite (horse racing term) and an aging point guard. then he inconsistent role players and a bevy of untested younger players. easy to guess what rotation when we get to do that from our living rooms but much harder to do so when there is very little margin of error.

To be obvious, the margin of error was in the regular season which Pop really squandered in terms of really developing young guys.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 12:21 PM

Absolutely! And the time to find out about Murray was last season. He absolutely must pan out or the Spurs are in a world of hurt next season.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 12:23 PM
i will say this: if you follow the playoff format, you will generally see younger players perform much better at home than on the road. so with that in mind, i expect some of the role players for memphis such as ennis III to drop off in game 5. conversely, i would expect green and patty to play better here. if that happens, and kawhi is kawhi and aldridge and parker show they can at least compete then the spurs will take game 5. i had picked the spurs in a grueling six game series and i still stand by that, but i have seen some problems that i did not fully anticipate so it could go the full seven.

Exactly! :toast

Seventyniner
04-24-2017, 01:17 PM
Game 4 was the Grizzlies' best shot by far, featuring fluky-high 3-point shooting by them and fluky-low for the Spurs outside of Kawhi. And it still took a minor miracle for them to win.

People melting down right now are the same ones ready to jump off a cliff during the first round in 2014.

DMC
04-24-2017, 05:31 PM
I agree, but this is the first round and Tony has played well in 3 out of 4 games. With Tony playing like he is and Kawhi being an MVP... the rest of the team is giving squat and you place the burden according to who is getting the minutes and the roles they have had.

Sure, there were guys that were available like George Hill who Utah traded for last season.. I am sure that opportunities could have been available to add a more reliable younger point guard in the course of the past couple of seasons, but obviously Pop wasn't going to move on from Tony... and it's tough to blame Tony specifically bc he has played well in 3 out of 4 games.

Like I said, Lamarcus has not been a star, Pau can't stay on the floor, his defensive shortcomings have cost the Spurs game 3 and 4.. and Manu is done. You can't bench the first two ... you can only limit Pau and by playing Lee or Dedmon the team isn't necessarily better but Pop has to get to Pau's ego somehow. So maybe Bertans helps a little bit. I am realistic in what I can expect from Bertans, and 10-15 minute should be enough. His shooting does make life easier on others. He's been a huge positive, while Lee is in the negative and he can't score against Zbo. I'd even play Murray, he gives the team a different look. I am not even high on JSimms but I don't hate him and he's been playing well and shooting well when he's gotten chances. He maybe should get more chances. He or Murray should get Manu's minutes. Kyle had played well except 5 minutes in the last game bc Pop put him in a lineup of non shooters and tried to go through Lamarcus which is a horrible choice, bc Lamarcus has been uber passive, is not decisive in the post, and if you double him quickly he can't make the right reads or passes. He got flash doubled and stripped twice. It was a terrible few minutes Kyle played but that was hardly about him and more about Lamarcus, Manu's passiveness passing the ball like a hot potato and maybe Pop's lineups.

Pop is being antiquated. I don't think he gets out of the first round unless his faith in his veterans pays off and they show up for game 5 or he simply makes adjustments and benches some guys who are having an awful series. The easiest to bench is Manu bc he's shooting 0 out there, playing gambling bad defense, getting lost, passing the ball like a hot potato, not being a threat to score and Pop has suitable replacements for him...

I am still a spurfan and root for whoever Pop has out there. If he chooses veterans again, I hope they don't go down with the ship and maybe rise to the occasion. Maybe Danny gets hot again at home, maybe Manu finally makes a shot... etc. I am not rooting for anyone to fail who is playing...

Playing well at moments and being an elite point guard are two completely different things.

Houston - Harden
Clippers - Paul
Warriors - Curry
Cavs - Irving
Wiz - Wall
Celtics - Thomas
Raptors - Lowry
Bulls - Rondo (out)
Pacers - Teague
Thunder - Westbrook
Grizz - Conley
Blazers - Lillard
Jazz - Hill
Spurs - Parker

You can see by color that the dark green is the elite PGs. The light green are the borderline elite and the yellow are the lower than borderline elite. Tony was elite, now he's not even really borderline elite but he has moments. You need more than moments in the playoffs.

Spurs don't have a good PG. They have a serviceable RS PG and an energetic "spark off the bench" guy who, unless his shot is falling, is almost useless.

DMC
04-24-2017, 05:32 PM
Spurs other than Leonard do not do better than 2-20 on threes (many wide open) Spurs will be backdoor swept.

The worm sometimes turns, and the Spurs aren't that type of shooting team. I'd be surprised if they shot that poorly all series.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-25-2017, 06:20 PM
Gameday balllaasss!!! Gameday!

Spurs 4 The Win
04-25-2017, 10:35 PM

LOL FAGG:lolT
LOL LAKERS
LOL TR:lolLL
LOL WR:lolNG PER PAR
LOL CUCK

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

tholdren
04-25-2017, 10:37 PM

Kyle sucks balls forreal

cjw
04-25-2017, 10:59 PM
If the Spurs win game 6, it seems likely for game 1 of the next round to be on Sunday. Unlikely that all of Bos-Chi, LAC-Uta and Was-Atl make it seven games (all would be on Sunday; Spurs-Grizz and Tor-Mil would be Saturday) so feels likely the league will want some series to start Sunday. Doubt any will start Saturday both of tomorrow's games are 2-2 series.

And no, not trying to get ahead of things... just curious about how much rest there may be before Houston. If Spurs-Grizz goes seven, likely a Mon or Tue start.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-25-2017, 11:36 PM
If the Spurs win game 6, it seems likely for game 1 of the next round to be on Sunday. Unlikely that all of Bos-Chi, LAC-Uta and Was-Atl make it seven games (all would be on Sunday; Spurs-Grizz and Tor-Mil would be Saturday) so feels likely the league will want some series to start Sunday. Doubt any will start Saturday both of tomorrow's games are 2-2 series.

And no, not trying to get ahead of things... just curious about how much rest there may be before Houston. If Spurs-Grizz goes seven, likely a Mon or Tue start.

We are closing this thing out in 6

SAGirl
04-26-2017, 04:28 PM
I do think it goes down in 6..
hot shooting needs to continue.. on the road Spurs were off... so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't pull it off, but I think Manu waking up was a good sign and Pop making adjustments by playing Bertans.

look_at_g_shred
04-26-2017, 04:44 PM

Per NBA, Round 2 is to commence no sooner than May 1st

Spurs 4 The Win
04-27-2017, 11:20 PM

BUMP FAGGGGGG:lolT

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:l ol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol :lol:lol:lol:lol

spurraider21
04-27-2017, 11:20 PM
people still respond to bieber?

Spurs 4 The Win
04-27-2017, 11:26 PM
people still respond to bieber?

I never get tired of him being wrong

BillMc
04-27-2017, 11:27 PM
OP with the prediction goods!:toast