PDA

View Full Version : Official LMA Trainwreck Thread

Mikeanaro
04-22-2017, 10:59 PM
We expect more from him, max player that used to give you 40 point games and now looks like an abortion, no presence in the low post, no scoring, no hustle, no blood I dont know what he thinks Spurs expect from him but Im pretty sure is not playing like a poor´s man Oberto.

dabom
04-22-2017, 11:00 PM
He played decent. The refs aren't calling all the fouls he is getting.

BillMc
04-22-2017, 11:01 PM
This

Arcadian
04-22-2017, 11:01 PM
He made 6 of 11 shots. Why is Parker taking more shots than him?

Granted, Tony made 9 of 19 tonight, but still.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-22-2017, 11:02 PM
His entire game this series has reverted into a twisted version of The Carbonaro Effect

davidbowie
he had that cool jam

cjw

This. Expect game to be called differently in SA. He's not the problem at all - easily the best of the bigs.

dabom
Also Tony shooting more gives LMA less shots.

thekingrobert
04-22-2017, 11:03 PM
soft

SASdynasty!
04-22-2017, 11:04 PM

Parker started shooting because literally not another soul had made a basket 8 minutes into the 2nd quarter. You have to be able to make shots at some rate to stay in the game, so Tony took over and played well. Not really rocket science if you were watching.

UZER
At least parker, at 6'2", can score in the paint.

Mikeanaro
We need more than decent from him, no heart I dont like passive players if Kiwi played like that we would be saying he is a retard, LMA is the second option we cant expect to be saved by Porker because it won happen all the time.

LaMarcus Bryant
That dunk woke him up, but we went away from him down the stretch.

kaji157
2 rebounds in 41 minutes for "the best" of our bigs, we better pack our things and go fishing.

SASdynasty!
04-22-2017, 11:05 PM
Also Tony shooting more gives LMA less shots.
Lol what? Every shot everyone takes gives every other player less shots then.

BillMc
04-22-2017, 11:06 PM
Since none of our other bigs can play d except the offensive albatross that is Dedmon, LMA is in the pit facing the strength of the Grizz. He's got the toughest job on the team.

timtonymanu
He takes too fucking long to get into rhythm or even giving full effort. I wanted him going hard to the rim instead of that post dribble/pass out to shooter or settling for those inefficient jumpers. I know he's going up against a tough frontline. But he also is better than he's showing. You bitched about being left off the all star team, well fucking play like one.

Mikeanaro
His entire game this series has reverted into a twisted version of The Carbonaro Effect
Great show, his particles must be expanding, because of the heat that help polymers shine.

spursparker9
He will be fine in the hou series

FkLA
04-22-2017, 11:07 PM
He's not soft. I think he's a tough ass dude with a lot of pride, actually. But his confidence is super fragile...if he misses a couple in a row that's enough for his entire offensive game to go to shit. He requires plays like that dunk to get him out of it.

dabom
04-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Lol what? Every shot everyone takes gives every other player less shots then.

I didn't say that in a bad way faggot. :lmao

noles1983
04-22-2017, 11:08 PM
Thread title should be changed from LMA Trainwreck to Spurs Trainwreck tbh.

Trainwreck2100
train wreck is two words trainwreck is me.

Slippy
LA wasnt the problem. He finally got the team going in the third but hardly saw the ball come his way in the 4th & ot. Was easily the spurs best bigman defender where gasol & Randolph were contained.

The key was crowded because Spurs overall 3 point shooting was woeful. Our shot selection towards the end was good enough.

Mainly though, Manu sadly is fading into retirement.

Mikeanaro
04-22-2017, 11:09 PM
He will be fine in the hou series
Sure, thats because Nene is a traffic cone and moves like Dwert.

Russ
04-22-2017, 11:10 PM
The bench couldn't contribute quite enough. Don't overthink this.

Nathan89
Get this cancer off the team asap tbh.

UZER
If he feels any resistance while banging in the post, he does his stupid one legged fadeaway.

BillMc
04-22-2017, 11:11 PM
The bench couldn't contribute quite enough. Don't overthink this.

Yeah. The bench has been awful in these 2 losses

100%duncan
Looking forward for him to be gone next year. Sadly, no one will take the fat pos.

Mikeanaro
train wreck is two words trainwreck is me.
Are you soft? if you are it was not my intention to offend you.

daslicer
04-22-2017, 11:12 PM
He played with heart down the stretch. He wasn't the reason why the Spurs lost. The refs also called 2 bs fouls on him in the OT when he was battling Zbo for position. I look at a big being soft when he's not willing to be physical with opposing bigs but that wasn't the case for LMA in this game.

Mikeanaro
04-22-2017, 11:15 PM
If he feels any resistance while banging in the post, he does his stupid one legged fadeaway.
Most times, and others he makes some spins and counter moves but there is no place to that in this series because there are pushy bigs.

Robz4000
04-22-2017, 11:17 PM
LMA has been battling this series and when they've gone to him with confidence he does well. The problem is they keep trying to force feed him in the post and that just isn't his game. That's on Poo.

siraulo23
04-22-2017, 11:18 PM
I feel bad for Aldridge kinda. I thank him for choosing the Spurs but he just isnt a good fit around Kawhi

cd98
04-22-2017, 11:20 PM
LMA started bad but finished strong. Doing that shows mental toughness. He played well enough. Spurs lost by 2 in OT. TBH they played winning basketball. Grizz just got a good shot in the last 7 seconds.

UZER
04-22-2017, 11:25 PM
LMA has been battling this series and when they've gone to him with confidence he does well. The problem is they keep trying to force feed him in the post and that just isn't his game. That's on Poo.

He needs shooters feeding him and staying on that side of the floor to give him a pass it option and keep the defense honest. Instead, they clear out to the other side and leave him all by himself. He's proven to be too soft to go get buckets on his own.

KDKSpurs24
04-22-2017, 11:25 PM
He was soft until that dunk and he seemed to change his attitude and he made some tough shots afterwards with confidence.

Even the end contest was good but Marc Gasol has the softest touch I've ever seen..

cd98
04-22-2017, 11:30 PM
He was soft until that dunk and he seemed to change his attitude and he made some tough shots afterwards with confidence.

Even the end contest was good but Marc Gasol has the softest touch I've ever seen..

That and a couple inches that allowed him to get that shot off.

Arcadian
04-22-2017, 11:36 PM
Parker started shooting because literally not another soul had made a basket 8 minutes into the 2nd quarter. You have to be able to make shots at some rate to stay in the game, so Tony took over and played well. Not really rocket science if you were watching.

I know that, but in the grand scheme of things, your #2 option needs to get more shots up. Parker's shots were not bad this game, but he is the PG and needs to ensure his weapons get fed.

DMC
04-22-2017, 11:38 PM

He had plenty touches but passed up shots a lot. Tony is the PG and has to push the tempo. I cannot believe we aren't running the fuck out of Memphis, and instead allowing them to play half court.

KDKSpurs24
04-22-2017, 11:40 PM
That and a couple inches that allowed him to get that shot off.
Just rewatched it a couple of times and that's a stretch. That defense would have threw off a lot of other players. Any closer and he would have hit his elbow for a foul.

TD 21
04-23-2017, 12:03 AM
He's been pathetic. He needs to be cajoled or embarrassed into competing with the requisite intensity each game, instead of coming out and playing with it from start to finish.

His mid ranger is overrated, he hasn't embraced extending his range to 3 and he apparently can no longer create his own shot. All anyone defending him in the post has to do, is get up into him and force him to put it down, then watch while he frantically tries to kick it back out or shoot some low percentage shot.

A decision needs to be made this off season. I don't think either side is thrilled, he's a year away from potentially opting out and them either having to give him another long term contract of at least similar value or lose him for nothing. Also, since they lack the assets and flexibility to change this team in any meaningful way until '18 (barring Gasol unexpectedly opting out and leaving), they'd essentially be running it back again if he's kept.

Mikeanaro
04-25-2017, 11:57 PM
Still not impressed, TD is not around anymore and those jumpers are so unreliable, damn we expect some rebounds too, some hustle below the rim.

vander
04-26-2017, 12:35 AM
when Kawhi's not out there, I'd rather LMA in the post than TP trying to penetrate. the few times he got aggressive/angry today good things happened

Mikeanaro
05-01-2017, 10:45 PM
Soft, looking like a comfy fat kid that needs videogames and spoon feeding, manhandled by Beverley.
No balls, since Duncan left the pressure is too much for a beta, max player that gives you 4 points, some posters here said ZBo and Marc Gasol were bad for his health, now what?

Mikeanaro
05-20-2017, 11:23 PM
LMA-O needs to go, Dallas would be a nice destination for such a soft POS.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-20-2017, 11:44 PM
he was good cause Nene went down. That's all - too soft and too scared of shooting, etc. Horrible double team game and pretty bad passing to shooters rate. It's like his vision is 90 degrees only

Mikeanaro
05-20-2017, 11:58 PM
The thing is some guys said the Grizz were a bad matchup, but now it seems everyone is a bad matchup no matter his height you could put Danny Devito out there and LMA-O will miss the shot, also he is slow as fuck for a fast break, I dont wanna use his possible heart condition as an excuse but even if he has problems thats not Spurs material, you cant have serious competition ideas with that kind of play.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2017, 12:45 AM
sorry for those guys who are trying to defer blame onto someone else. LMA's failure was the trademark of these series and most of the weak showings of the past 2 series. He was only asked to at least be competitive like he had been before playing for another team. He wasn't asked to become the next Timmy because that would be out of his reach completely.

But he cannot even hit his trademark shots... he was brought it to score 20-30 pts a game a ease the burden on the likes of TP and KL. Why can't you guys see this? This isn't hating on the guy, he just isn't producing what he once was capable of and because of that and his salary the SPurs are overpaying and getting no results.

Even though we have gotten used to become spoiled, anything less than competing in the finals should be considered a failure to the Spurs, or for any team that has grabbed top 3 spot