PDA

View Full Version : Bertans was part of the late comeback run then I didn't see him at the end or in OT..

dabom
04-22-2017, 11:46 PM
:td

Play Boban
04-22-2017, 11:53 PM
:td

Darius Bieber
04-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Pop won't live by Bertans. He'll die by Anderson or Ginobili. This is proven.

LaMarcus Bryant
04-22-2017, 11:54 PM
We got momentum then Pop went back to Lee to close out regulation. So typical, tbh

8FOR!3
04-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Bertans' length shows up on defense, wish we'd give him more chances

BillMc
04-23-2017, 12:03 AM
Davis did surprisingly well on ZBo.

timtonymanu
04-23-2017, 12:06 AM
We know he's not gonna play. Just another name on the long list of rookies Pop chooses to sit out because of his stubborn methods.

poop
04-23-2017, 12:08 AM
Just pop being pop.

MultiTroll
04-23-2017, 12:10 AM
What can you expect vs a #7 seed with a coach of the pedigree of Fizdale?

Cut Pop some slack.

TD 21
04-23-2017, 12:10 AM
He can't guard Randolph on the block. They were having Randolph duck in on the weak side, have Gasol and him play high low and he was burying Bertans. Only turnovers, fouls, etc., prevented him from scoring at will, but it was only a matter of time.

He could have played SF, with Leonard sliding down to SG though, since they couldn't find a SG that could make a shot. But Gasol should have been the 2nd big closing.

SAGirl
04-23-2017, 12:13 AM
I mentioned this in the game thread. He did surprisingly well and was making plays on defense and in transition. The team made a run not just bc of his shooting and space he provided but bc they played at a faster pace and he was surprisingly fine on defense.

I would have liked to have seen Davis more.

duncan2k5
04-23-2017, 06:39 AM
He can't guard Randolph on the block. They were having Randolph duck in on the weak side, have Gasol and him play high low and he was burying Bertans. Only turnovers, fouls, etc., prevented him from scoring at will, but it was only a matter of time.

He could have played SF, with Leonard sliding down to SG though, since they couldn't find a SG that could make a shot. But Gasol should have been the 2nd big closing.

Huh??? We were playing well when he was in...zbo couldn't score on him...yet your philosophy was that MAYBE he MIGHT have gotten scored on? David Lee was getting scored on EVERYTIME!!! AND he wasn't doing shit on offense...Bertans was FAR superior

jermaine
04-23-2017, 07:13 AM
Pop won't live by Bertans. He'll die by Anderson or Ginobili. This is proven.

I want to agree with you so bad. But I was impressed with the way he went with Mills over manu an Green. But I'd love to see more Bertans... He's always ready!

SPURt
04-23-2017, 09:02 AM
What I liked most about Bertans was how he seemed to enjoy the physicality of playing Z Bo. I'm kind of glad the Spurs are playing Memphis this round. The Spurs get to figure out who has heart. If this series doesn't break the Spurs it's going to send them into the rest of the playoffs ready to beat up some teams. Memphis makes the rest of the NBA look soft as hell.

testies
04-23-2017, 09:37 AM
Bertans played great defense.. Zbo has very hard time with tall discilpined europeans like Splitter

04-23-2017, 09:40 AM
He hasn't gotten over himself just yet

jeebus
04-23-2017, 09:50 AM
He hasn't gotten over himself just yetThis was Poop's reasoning when it was Shitter's first year and the Spurs were getting raped by the 8 seed Grizz. McDyess was pulling double duty since his backup was the ever pathetically awful and useless Bonner and they were getting their asses kicked. Finally Poop put in Shitter and he did way better defending, but it was too late. So his disgusting love affair with Asteroid Head isn't nothing to be surprised at.

tholdren
04-23-2017, 10:02 AM
This was Poop's reasoning when it was Shitter's first year and the Spurs were getting raped by the 8 seed Grizz. McDyess was pulling double duty since his backup was the ever pathetically awful and useless Bonner and they were getting their asses kicked. Finally Poop put in Shitter and he did way better defending, but it was too late. So his disgusting love affair with Asteroid Head isn't nothing to be surprised at.

mcdoosh was the worst player on sa. awful coaching

jeebus
04-23-2017, 10:13 AM
mcdoosh was the worst player on sa. awful coachingHe had peaked 15 years before, when he had 30 knee surgeries. And Poop was relying on him to be a starter. :lmao

UZER
04-23-2017, 11:04 AM
He had peaked 15 years before, when he had 30 knee surgeries. And Poop was relying on him to be a starter. :lmao

And what has changed since then? Pop still relying on old veterans. This goes back to Porter, Ferry :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
04-23-2017, 11:37 AM
And what has changed since then? Pop still relying on old veterans. This goes back to Porter, Ferry :lol

We didn't finally get over the LAL hump and win a championship until Pop went with younger blood in Manu, Jackson, and Claxton in key moments.

itzsoweezee
04-23-2017, 11:58 AM
In pop's mind, years of experience always trumps ability. It ALWAYS comes back to bite him in the ass in the playoffs. Can't wait for the Ime era to start.

jeebus
04-23-2017, 01:19 PM
And what has changed since then? Pop still relying on old veterans. This goes back to Porter, Ferry :lolA McDyess/Shitter combo would've been fine and it worked out fine when it happened during the game. A McDyess/Boner combo was just dripping of cancer and it killed the Spurs in '11.

LittleCriminal
04-23-2017, 01:50 PM
Starters for game 5
Dedmon
Aldridge
Bertans
Green
Leonard

Why the fuk is it so difficult for pop to put out this Defensive/Slashing/Floor spacing lineup??
Works on my Nba2k18.. Lol

dabom
04-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Starters for game 5
Dedmon
Aldridge
Bertans
Green
Leonard

Why the fuk is it so difficult about throwing out this Defensive/Slashing/Floor spacing lineup??

Bad lineup but you do got 3 point shooters in Kawhi, Green, Bertans... 2 drivers kawhi, bertans... rebounding and defense. Could Kawhi facilitate the whole game?

objective
04-23-2017, 02:09 PM
This was Poop's reasoning when it was Shitter's first year and the Spurs were getting raped by the 8 seed Grizz. McDyess was pulling double duty since his backup was the ever pathetically awful and useless Bonner and they were getting their asses kicked. Finally Poop put in Shitter and he did way better defending, but it was too late. So his disgusting love affair with Asteroid Head isn't nothing to be surprised at.

Actually, Pop's reasoning was that giving Splitter minutes to was "not fair" to the vets on the team.

Even worse I think.

dabom
04-23-2017, 02:13 PM
This is why he threw martin out in a desperation move to "appease" him. Not necessarily the right move. Kawhi wans't tired in game 6. Could have certainly substituted him back in.

When you start thinking "feelings" about players and lose focus on winning the 'chip above all else, you need to get the fuck out.

Gagnrath
04-23-2017, 02:15 PM
There's nowhere near enough ball-handling in that line-up. Unfortunately the Spurs have an issue currently where they don't have a single ball handler who can both score and or defend. Mills is probably closest but he's barely adequate as a ball handler and while he is active on defense he is only marginally effective.

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 02:40 AM
Actually, Pop's reasoning was that giving Splitter minutes to was "not fair" to the vets on the team.

Even worse I think.
It's not going to be fair to Pop to bench Manu when he needs to.

DeRozan m8
04-24-2017, 03:40 AM
Starters for game 5
Dedmon
Aldridge
Bertans
Green
Leonard

Why the fuk is it so difficult for pop to put out this Defensive/Slashing/Floor spacing lineup??

This guy again lol

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 04:10 AM
This guy again lol
Yes his suggestions are always from video games
but Davis should play more and Lee less.