PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Who has better roster? Thunder or Rockets?

lebomb
04-23-2017, 05:02 PM
:lmao Sorry had to do it.

apalisoc_9
04-23-2017, 05:34 PM
Probably Houston, but its an optimized system.

The Thunder can better optimize their role players if Westbrook wasn't too busy chasing #

Clipper Nation
04-23-2017, 06:14 PM
In the last three games, the Thunder are +12.3 with Westbrook and -49.1!!!! without him. Meanwhile, Frauden can play like his usual trash playoff self and still get carried by Nene and the refs to a road playoff win.

It's not even a contest. The Rockets' roster is better, hands down.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2017, 06:31 PM
In the last three games, the Thunder are +12.3 with Westbrook and -49.1!!!! without him. Meanwhile, Frauden can play like his usual trash playoff self and still get carried by Nene and the refs to a road playoff win.

It's not even a contest. The Rockets' roster is better, hands down.

Capela and Anderson are trash. Tell me more about how the Rockets' roster is hands down better.

Clipper Nation
04-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Capela and Anderson are trash. Tell me more about how the Rockets' roster is hands down better.
Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Nene, Lou Williams and (defensively) Pat Beverley > the garbage Westbrook has been carrying. Also, nobody on the Rockets' roster is as bad as Semaj Christon. That scrub wouldn't even deserve to start in the Filipino league, yet he's actually been given playoff minutes off the bench and asked to run the offense. Now he's been replaced by Norris Cole, who's almost as bad.

The Thunder without Westbrook make the Nets look like the Warriors by comparison.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2017, 06:42 PM
Eric Gordon, Trevor Ariza, Nene, Lou Williams and (defensively) Pat Beverley > the garbage Westbrook has been carrying. Also, nobody on the Rockets' roster is as bad as Semaj Christon. That scrub wouldn't even deserve to start in the Filipino league, yet he's actually been given playoff minutes off the bench and asked to run the offense. Now he's been replaced by Norris Cole, who's almost as bad.

The Thunder without Westbrook make the Nets look like the Warriors by comparison.

Ariza is shooting 33% for the series and playing bad defense. Nene wouldn't be playing as much if Capela wasn't trash. Anderson being payed 80 million and is trash. Gordon Lou and Nene have shown up big. Beverley has his moments but he is not a PG.

djohn2oo8
04-23-2017, 06:44 PM
The Rockets have no rebounders.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-23-2017, 06:50 PM
The Rockets have no rebounders.

Terrible matchup against the hard hitting Grizzlies when you're a soft high octane team, you don't have rebounders nor competent paint defenders.

lebomb
04-23-2017, 07:07 PM
This is totally laughable ...... its so damn clear who has the best roster after the two MVPs, Stevie Wonder can see it.

lefty20
04-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Houston, obviously, has a slight edge in roster but the real difference between the two is coaching. One coach actually has a proper system implemented, while other sits on the sideline hoping one player will do everything for him.

Tbf, MDA has a roster that's tailored perfectly towards his system. Billy D, otoh, is working with a bag of chex mix.

DMC
04-23-2017, 08:17 PM
This is totally laughable ...... its so damn clear who has the best roster after the two MVPs, Stevie Wonder can see it.

Damage control already? The series isn't even over yet.

Why doesn't WB have a better roster? Why hasn't the roster gotten better alongside WB? Why did WB's numbers increase but the team's decrease?

Seems like a scheme to me. Adams can rebound fine on the offensive glass. Why can't he do it on defense? Why does Russ have 10 assists in the 1st half but only 4 after that? Why were the Thunder up pretty good in the last two games when Russ was sharing the ball?

Brazil
04-23-2017, 10:19 PM
The player who has 10 pts lower usage has more quality teammates and help... no shit sherlock ? :lmao

Arcadian
04-23-2017, 10:34 PM
Don't care. Both teams are faggots, and Kawhi and LeBron are the real MVPs.

lebomb
04-24-2017, 07:03 AM
Don't care. Both teams are faggots, and Kawhi and LeBron are the real MVPs.

:lol

unleashbaynes
04-24-2017, 11:07 AM
Maybe is WB wasn't such a jackass better players would want to come play with him. He actually drove two superstars away from OKC and now he has to eat the shit sandwich that he created.

Clipper Nation
04-24-2017, 11:27 AM
Maybe is WB wasn't such a jackass better players would want to come play with him. He actually drove two superstars away from OKC and now he has to eat the shit sandwich that he created.
Frauden left because ownership wasn't willing to pay him the big bucks. Durbeta left because he's a spineless coward who just wants to be carried to rings without any work on his part. How is Westbrook to blame for either of those situations?

unleashbaynes
04-24-2017, 12:11 PM
If Westbrook is so great, why couldn't he just carry Durbeta to the rings?

That they never won with that core is a damn shame. Nothing worse than wasted talent.

Clipper Nation
04-24-2017, 12:14 PM
If Westbrook is so great, why couldn't he just carry Durbeta to the rings?
Because Durbeta kept choking too hard.

unleashbaynes
04-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Because Durbeta kept choking too hard.

I think Westchimp throwing up the most ridiculous brick ever to end game 6 against the Spurs in 2014 sums up why they never won together.

Clipper Nation
04-24-2017, 12:36 PM
I think Westchimp throwing up the most ridiculous brick ever to end game 6 against the Spurs in 2014 sums up why they never won together.
I think this sums it up, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJB_O4_a6U

djohn2oo8
04-24-2017, 12:53 PM

lebomb
04-24-2017, 12:54 PM
I think this sums it up, tbh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgJB_O4_a6U

Yep.......not much else to say. He went the easy, easy route. Team up with who beat you instead of coming back stronger and getting over the hump. Thats why I respect WB. At least he is trying his ass off with what he has left.

djohn2oo8
04-24-2017, 12:56 PM

Clipper Nation
04-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Just goes to show how gassed he is from carrying literal garbage by the end of every game. He can't go to the bench for a second without the scrubs out there on the court blowing the lead. He has nobody else capable of consistently making clutch plays down the stretch so he doesn't have to try to do everything. No team is realistically going to live and die by whatever shit scrubs like Oladipo and Roberson chuck up in the fourth quarter.

djohn2oo8
04-24-2017, 01:04 PM
Just goes to show how gassed he is from carrying literal garbage by the end of every game. He can't go to the bench for a second without the scrubs out there on the court blowing the lead. He has nobody else capable of consistently making clutch plays down the stretch so he doesn't have to try to do everything. No team is realistically going to live and die by whatever shit scrubs like Oladipo and Roberson chuck up in the fourth quarter.

No it shows how he stops passing.the ball in the second half.

lebomb
04-24-2017, 01:05 PM

Exactly!!!!!

Just imagine how good the Thunder would have been if they would have paid Harden. WB and Harden at the guard spots and Durant, Serge still on the team? Damn

Clipper Nation
04-24-2017, 01:05 PM
No it shows how he stops passing.the ball in the second half.
No it doesn't. It doesn't account for the times he passes to one of the scrubs he's playing with and they brick the shot. Or when he passes to one of said scrubs and they pass it right back to him because they're scared to take the shot.

DAF86
04-24-2017, 01:20 PM
Both players clearly inferior to Kawhicheal, tbh.

jimbo
04-24-2017, 02:51 PM
OKC would need better coaching to do better than what they've got. No backup PG. Can't play Kanter and Adams together because you can't hide Kanter anywhere. Can't play Westbrook and Kanter together because Westbrook doesn't defend so they'd get sliced up in PnRs even more than they already do.

No gimmick system to get easy shots like the Spurs bench when Neal was running the point a couple years ago. I blame Donovan for going through with this stupid fucking Westbrook statpadding garbage offense. I wouldn't be surprised if ownership told him to do this.

I wonder why they signed Cole instead of Chalmers. Cole has been trash for years. I'd rather have a hurt Chalmers than that dude. At least he can run a pick and roll.

DMC
04-24-2017, 05:45 PM
I have to say Rockets but not on paper. They have a group of guys who won't bend over to make a superstar of Harden. Russ has a bunch of cowardly little men who pretend to not be able to play well because Russ needs the ball. They are paid for defense and to get Russ the ball. Harden's group wins despite Harden's shit antics and choking.

DMC
04-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Exactly!!!!!

Just imagine how good the Thunder would have been if they would have paid Harden. WB and Harden at the guard spots and Durant, Serge still on the team? Damn

How good were they when they had him? Oh that's right, they won nothing.

DMC
04-24-2017, 05:51 PM
Frauden left because ownership wasn't willing to pay him the big bucks. Durbeta left because he's a spineless coward who just wants to be carried to rings without any work on his part. How is Westbrook to blame for either of those situations?

Westbrook isn't to blame for them leaving. He's to blame for them not staying.

lebomb
04-24-2017, 06:44 PM
DMC...... no.

DMC
04-25-2017, 12:08 AM
DMC...... no.
Sure he is. When you spend your entire career with one person like Russ and KD did, what does it say about Russ that KD never even contacted him when he decided to leave? KD had Russ' back to the media, and always involved his teammates. Russ is always about Russ. I'd bet he's a real fun person to hang out with.