View Full Version : Rockets just won a playoff game on the road with Harden's 5-16 FG/0-7 FG 3PT//7TOs.

spursistan
04-23-2017, 05:26 PM
IF we are being honest, they have a superior system than this current Spurs' team. Who would have thought a year ago? :lol

They may lack the starpower around Harden , but their roles players are still mostly in their primes and fit better in their formula of winning.

Even if we get past Memphis, I just don't see us having enough firepower to hang with them over 7 game series not to mention with our defense going down the toilet. (the fuckin' Grizz just carved us up to the tune of 111 OFF rating in last two games, I shudder to think of what the Rockets will do)..

dabom
04-23-2017, 05:27 PM
We spanked the rockets 3-1...

8FOR!3
04-23-2017, 05:30 PM
Nene also didn't miss a single shot. Rockets are tough but I think we can compete with them. Right now we need to worry about Memphis.

Darius Bieber
04-23-2017, 05:31 PM
True contenders win even when their MVP doesn't show up

04-23-2017, 05:32 PM
and their one win was by 2 points :lol

that said, palyoff Pop will guarantee we lose in 6

dabom
04-23-2017, 05:33 PM
:lol

BillMc
04-23-2017, 05:34 PM

and their one win was by 2 points :lol

dabom
04-23-2017, 05:34 PM
OP is one the shittiest posters on ST. :lmao

spursistan
04-23-2017, 05:36 PM
This is what I'm thinking: It's all building up for Pringles to get his final revenge on Pop when Duncan isn't there to hold the latter's hand...It is written in the stars unless Kawhi stepS in the shoes of Timothy Theodore Duncan..

BillMc
04-23-2017, 05:36 PM

You you really trust D'Antoni over Pop in the playoffs?

UZER
04-23-2017, 05:50 PM

I don't trust pop over pop anymore.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Rockets are a stupid team. I have watched them play these last 3 games. They play like any D'antoni team. Which is score a lot of points and play no defense. They have given OKC plenty of chances to win the last 3 games except OKC has choked in 2 out of 3 of them. I think the Spurs will have an easier time with the Rockets then what they are having with the Grizz due to the Rockets not being physical team. Rockets defense is real bad that Manu might actually be able to score some points against them.

Snaq O'Meal
04-23-2017, 05:55 PM

Pringles has the balls to speak out against the refs to give his team a better chance. Poop is too scared to do so. It's no surprise that even rookie coaches have outmanoeuvred Poop these past few years.

And Poop no longer has Duncan to bail him out.

spursistan
04-23-2017, 05:56 PM
I don't trust pop over pop anymore.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-23-2017, 05:57 PM
Fuck off OP. Shit post

cd98
04-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Who cares? We're all competing for second place to the GSW. They're spotting Portland half their team and their coach and still beating them senseless. They will toy with the rest of the WC and probably beat a Cavs team yet to take a punch.

i don't know if Spurs can take a game from a locked in GSW.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 06:01 PM
Pringles has the balls to speak out against the refs to give his team a better chance. Poop is too scared to do so. It's no surprise that even rookie coaches have outmanoeuvred Poop these past few years.

And Poop no longer has Duncan to bail him out.

This is my biggest qualm I have with Pop. The last 3 years every time the Spurs have gone up in a series the opposing coach has bitched about the refs and suddenly the trajectory of the series radically changes in the favor of opposition by the way the refs call the games. Rivers,Donovan, and now Fizzdale have all played the ref card against Pop. I feel it's a sign of disrespect against Pop how these coaches always bring up the ref card. Pop has to start fighting back against this bs or this is going to be the norm forever.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 06:07 PM
Who cares? We're all competing for second place to the GSW. They're spotting Portland half their team and their coach and still beating them senseless. They will toy with the rest of the WC and probably beat a Cavs team yet to take a punch.

i don't know if Spurs can take a game from a locked in GSW.

GSW is the heavy favorites but I'm not willing to concede yet. I'm still a firm believer that anything can happen. Even if the Spurs can't win the title I would like to see them go as far as possible. They can always build off of what they did in the playoffs into the off-season. I remember in '02 the Spurs lost to the Lakers in 5 but it was a very close series in which the Spurs were leading in every game after the third quarter. That series gave the Spurs confidence they could compete for a championship and that they were were not that far off from beating the Lakers. It served as a springboard for the '03 title run.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-23-2017, 06:16 PM
I think the Rockets will beat the Spurs in 6. Spurs defense has slipped a lot in these playoffs and against a Rockets team that can score easily it will be suicide. Spurs fans like to make fun of the Rockets lack of defense, but I think they're dead wrong. Rockets can guard the Spurs very well and the Spurs are going to give up a lot of open 3's against Houston. Spurs best hope is that Houston can shoot under 35% from downtown.

Spurs need to play at least twice as well as they have in the Memphis series to beat Houston. Spurs are continuing their trend of getting worse and worse as the series progresses.

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 06:17 PM
Spurs have a TOSB that can't score in 4 playoff games and a broken microwave off the bench :lol

Rockets have Lou williams, Gordon, and Nene off the bench. Those 3 guys scored 64 points today :lol

kaji157
04-23-2017, 06:19 PM
I have said this many times, the Spurs cannot win if the idea is Kawhi scoring 50.
They simply cant.
Most of the team is not used to that, that is one of the reason many of our role players struggle, thay are forced to play in a way they dont feel.

tmtcsc
04-23-2017, 06:35 PM
Rockets are taking care of their business. The Spurs are fucking around with an inferior team.

timtonymanu
04-23-2017, 06:37 PM
Rockets in 5 against the Spurs if Spurs get there, imo

timtonymanu
04-23-2017, 06:44 PM

The same Pop that has been out coached in the playoffs the last two years and currently against Fizdale. He is hard to trust nowadays

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 06:45 PM
What is this myth I'm hearing about Poop owning Antoni? Duncan does, yes. Certainly not Poop.

objective
04-23-2017, 06:51 PM
This is my biggest qualm I have with Pop. The last 3 years every time the Spurs have gone up in a series the opposing coach has bitched about the refs and suddenly the trajectory of the series radically changes in the favor of opposition by the way the refs call the games. Rivers,Donovan, and now Fizzdale have all played the ref card against Pop. I feel it's a sign of disrespect against Pop how these coaches always bring up the ref card. Pop has to start fighting back against this bs or this is going to be the norm forever.

It isn't just the last three years, it's his whole career.

Phil Jackson was working Pop over by complaining about the refs fifteen years ago. Other coaches tried but the talent on the​ Spurs was enough to overcome, like when Karl was complaining about how Manu was being officiated in 2005.

cd98
04-23-2017, 06:54 PM
Grizz are making Spurs look old because they play good, physical defense. But the Rockets are only offense. Sure they will beat up our D, but even guys like 40 year old Manu can score on Pringle's defense.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-23-2017, 06:56 PM
Funny how Duncan played all 14 other West teams in the playoffs throughout his career, but never the Rockets. And year one without him, bingo, we're back to where we were right before Duncan came here. This time it's Harden instead of Hakeem.

hater
04-23-2017, 06:58 PM
If we manage to squeak past Memphis I think the Rockets would be favorites against us

Im looking at their roster and they have a phletora of good wings that can bother Kawhi and obliterate our remaining wings

I already called the Spurs were a 2nd round exit team and if we manage not to embarrass us in round 1 I think Ill stick to my prediction

spurs1990
04-23-2017, 07:23 PM
I didn't watch the game but how the hell did Nene score 28 points.

That would top any contribution Aldridge or Gasol are giving with their combined 30 million dollar salaries.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 07:31 PM
It isn't just the last three years, it's his whole career.

Phil Jackson was working Pop over by complaining about the refs fifteen years ago. Other coaches tried but the talent on the​ Spurs was enough to overcome, like when Karl was complaining about how Manu was being officiated in 2005.

I do also remember AJ bitching about the refs after a game 1 loss to the spurs in '06 spurs-mavs series. AJ said after game 1 the Spurs get away with bear hugging on defense. After that game the Mavs got calls for the rest of the series and went on to wn the series. I didn't count Phil Jackson working the refs against Pop because he did that to everybody but when scrub coaches due it to Pop and succeed it's pretty depressing.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 07:34 PM

That would top any contribution Aldridge or Gasol are giving with their combined 30 million dollar salaries.

Harden set up Nene for the majority of those points. Most of them were off of drives by Harden that resulted in lay ups and dunks for Nene. Overall terrible defense by OKC. Nene is a good role player but I still would never say he's better than LMA.

bic50
04-23-2017, 07:43 PM

Nene is pretty good.

UZER
04-23-2017, 07:48 PM
The over physical play if the grizz is draining the "shooters" legs. That's why what Kawhi is doing is even more amazing considering he's fighting screens on D all night.

The shooters should be better against Houston. *Fingers crossed*

daslicer
04-23-2017, 07:53 PM
I don't fear the Rockets. They are the typical D'Antoni team which is score a lot of points and not play defense. Spurs will be in a better state of mind facing a team that's a lot less physical than the Grizzlies.

TheDoctor
04-23-2017, 08:13 PM
Spurs have a TOSB that can't score in 4 playoff games and a broken microwave off the bench :lol

Rockets have Lou williams, Gordon, and Nene off the bench. Those 3 guys scored 64 points today :lol

spursistan
04-23-2017, 08:42 PM
What is this myth I'm hearing about Poop owning Antoni? Duncan does, yes. Certainly not Poop.

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 09:33 PM
SMFH

Let's look at the backcourt.
Tony Parker - 55 points on 23/49 (46.9FG%) in 102 minutes
Ginobili, Green, Mills - 56 points on 19/68 (27.9FG%) in 242 minutes

Let's look at our starting Center.
Deadman - 4 points, 3 turnovers

TheDoctor
04-23-2017, 10:23 PM
SMFH

:depressed

spursistan
04-24-2017, 04:19 PM

gambit1990
04-24-2017, 04:24 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

people disagreed with me when i said:

rockets with WB > okc with harden

apalisoc_9
04-24-2017, 04:24 PM
:depressed

:wow

hater
04-24-2017, 07:07 PM
SMFH

:wow

damn Head of Da Snake has been helping us avoid a 0-4 sweep imo

apalisoc_9
04-24-2017, 07:21 PM
But yeah that Parker vs Green/Mills/Manu chart is so depressing.

:lol

Ice009
04-24-2017, 07:46 PM
I have said this many times, the Spurs cannot win if the idea is Kawhi scoring 50.
They simply cant.
Most of the team is not used to that, that is one of the reason many of our role players struggle, thay are forced to play in a way they dont feel.

The role players are scrubs. What the fuck is Kawhi supposed to do? Keep feeding them the ball and watch them miss shots or fuck up and turn the ball over.

This isn't 2014, people need to get over that.

dabom
04-24-2017, 07:49 PM
The role players are scrubs. What the fuck is Kawhi supposed to do? Keep feeding them the ball and watch them miss shots or fuck up and turn the ball over.

:lol :tu

Ice009
04-24-2017, 07:51 PM

Hey, I wanted Nene, I was always impressed with the way he used to play against Duncan back when he was with Denver. They used to have him guarding Duncan as that joke of a defensive player of the year (Camby) couldn't check Duncan to save his life.

Spurs just keep missing the boat on good players. I don't know why. He would have been a great pickup.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 07:56 PM

You nailed it. :toast Trouble is, Kawhi's scoring 50 still won't win many games.

Ice009
04-24-2017, 07:57 PM

Not only are the role players scrubs, but I'm even questioning if our supposed 2nd best player is one too.

I want a reply to this, Kaji157. Do you actually think this is 2014? It doesn't work like that. Moving the ball doesn't guarantee anything. What the Spurs did in 2014 was amazing, but that doesn't happen too often in the NBA, winning a Championship that way hardly ever happens. The Spurs had a much better overall team back then too. And people's memory of Mills seems to be way off. He was pretty bad most of the 2014 playoffs. He came up big in a couple of the finals games, but he didn't do much outside of those games. Fast forward to right now, he just recently closed the last game the Spurs played and got his ass lit up on defense. He was one of the lower end players on the 2014 team (I think Cojo came up bigger than him as his defense was more valuable, especially against OKC game 6), now he's one of the main players on the 2017 team. The Spurs would be insane to pay Mills big money just because he is a terrific guy. Manu can't hit a shot, Green can't hit a shot to save his life, LA is playing like a pussy (I hate that turnaround jumper now). You want these scrubs to have the ball rather than Kawhi?

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Hey, I wanted Nene, I was always impressed with the way he used to play against Duncan back when he was with Denver. They used to have him guarding Duncan as that joke of a defensive player of the year (Camby) couldn't check Duncan to save his life.

Spurs just keep missing the boat on good players. I don't know why. He would have been a great pickup.

Frankly the Dubs seem to be running circles around the Spurs when it comes to talent recognition and proper usage (McGee, DWest) and player development (McCaw, Clark). Nene would have been nice. I also smh over hanging on to Anthony rather than picking up Calderon.

dabom
04-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Frankly the Dubs seem to be running circles around the Spurs when it comes to talent recognition and proper usage (McGee, DWest) and player development (McCaw, Clark). Nene would have been nice. I also smh over hanging on to Anthony rather than picking up Calderon.

You mean stack the team with allstar players and then play off them? Wow that's so smart.

Ice009
04-24-2017, 08:10 PM

Wow. I am still freaking amazed at what the Spurs were thinking about when keeping Joel Anthony. They really have turned into some idiots. I mean, maybe they were thinking that picking up big names such as Kevin Martin, Andre Miller were mistakes, but there was no need to compound that mistake and go to the other end of an extreme and pick up one of the biggest scrubs NOT in the the NBA.

I just wanted them to pick up someone serviceable. Someone like Calderon would have been OK as he can shoot the ball and play PG. Picking up washed up former stars didn't work, but they could have tried getting serviceable players like James Johnson, Nene, Calderon, players along those lines, but they went for one of the biggest scrubs around. I really wonder if they know what they are doing.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:16 PM
You mean stack the team with allstar players and then play off them? Wow that's so smart.

No. I mean playing DWest in lineups that work rather than pairing him with another undersized PF/C to get pummeled by Adams/Kanter, stubbornly refusing to split Tim and LMA. I mean signing JMcGee rather than Deadman. I mean giving meaningful playing time to young prospects rather than parking them at the end of the bench, preferring a couple of washed up geezers. I mean drafting guys who might give you some return in the decade they were drafted rather than some euro-trash stash year after year - ultimately ending up with the likes of LJC or the newest scrub Milutinov or this old guy, Hanga, everybody hopes will be a third wing after spending his whole career in Europe shooting 30% from 3.

dabom
04-24-2017, 08:22 PM
No. I mean playing DWest in lineups that work rather than pairing him with another undersized PF/C to get pummeled by Adams/Kanter, stubbornly refusing to split Tim and LMA. I mean signing JMcGee rather than Deadman. I mean giving meaningful playing time to young prospects rather than parking them at the end of the bench, preferring a couple of washed up geezers. I mean drafting guys who might give you some return in the decade they were drafted rather than some euro-trash stash year after year - ultimately ending up with the likes of LJC or the newest scrub Milutinov or this old guy, Hanga, everybody hopes will be a third wing after spending his whole career in Europe shooting 30% from 3.

You know Tim was fucking injured last year right? That's why he retired. :lmao

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Wow. I am still freaking amazed at what the Spurs were thinking about when keeping Joel Anthony. They really have turned into some idiots. I mean, maybe they were thinking that picking up big names such as Kevin Martin, Andre Miller were mistakes, but there was no need to compound that mistake and go to the other end of an extreme and pick up one of the biggest scrubs NOT in the the NBA.

I just wanted them to pick up someone serviceable. Someone like Calderon would have been OK as he can shoot the ball and play PG. Picking up washed up former stars didn't work, but they could have tried getting serviceable players like James Johnson, Nene, Calderon, players along those lines, but they went for one of the biggest scrubs around. I really wonder if they know what they are doing.

A serviceable PG right now would be a boon to our prospects. Tony has played 3 very good games and one turrible game. I am keeping my fingers crossed for game 5 and beyond. But Mills makes me wish we had kept Jimmer :lol

No lie - Spurs would have been better off keeping Bonner rather than signing Anthony.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:23 PM
You know Tim was fucking injured last year right? That's why he retired. :lmao

Sure. :lmao

dabom
04-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Sure. :lmao
http://gif-finder.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Wee-Bey-Whoa-What.gif

:lmao

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Not only are the role players scrubs, but I'm even questioning if our supposed 2nd best player is one too.

I want a reply to this, Kaji157. Do you actually think this is 2014? It doesn't work like that. Moving the ball doesn't guarantee anything. What the Spurs did in 2014 was amazing, but that doesn't happen too often in the NBA, winning a Championship that way hardly ever happens. The Spurs had a much better overall team back then too. And people's memory of Mills seems to be way off. He was pretty bad most of the 2014 playoffs. He came up big in a couple of the finals games, but he didn't do much outside of those games. Fast forward to right now, he just recently closed the last game the Spurs played and got his ass lit up on defense. He was one of the lower end players on the 2014 team (I think Cojo came up bigger than him as his defense was more valuable, especially against OKC game 6), now he's one of the main players on the 2017 team. The Spurs would be insane to pay Mills big money just because he is a terrific guy. Manu can't hit a shot, Green can't hit a shot to save his life, LA is playing like a pussy (I hate that turnaround jumper now). You want these scrubs to have the ball rather than Kawhi?

LMA is not a scrub. Despite the fact that I didn't like the signing in the first place, and I hate his fade-away game, he would be a nice third option. Trouble is we don't have a second option.

cd98
04-24-2017, 08:48 PM
LMA is not a scrub. Despite the fact that I didn't like the signing in the first place, and I hate his fade-away game, he would be a nice third option. Trouble is we don't have a second option.

I think he's as good as the second option on 99% of the teams in the NBA. What GSW and Cavs. Maybe if you say he's not a scoring machine, but his overall game is as good as most other number 2s.

sasaint
04-24-2017, 08:52 PM
I think he's as good as the second option on 99% of the teams in the NBA. What GSW and Cavs. Maybe if you say he's not a scoring machine, but his overall game is as good as most other number 2s.

I hate his soft, fade-away jumper game. He has a low BBIQ, and he cannot pass the ball - even on the rare occasions when he wants to. :lol And he disappears a lot. I guess we will just have to disagree.

dabom
04-24-2017, 08:54 PM
You just said Tim was never injured. Why should people take you serious? :lol

UZER
04-24-2017, 09:12 PM

Hey, every player "would love" to play for the great pop. But when it comes down to it, they say thanks but no thanks. :lol