PDA

View Full Version : Missing the playoffs will do this team good in the long run

Reck
04-23-2017, 07:09 PM
It would help lower expectations from not only their fans, but from the people covering the sport.

I actually think constatly making the playoffs hurts this team because the sports world expects you to win every year. This team needs a year or two off in the gutter so they can regain the hunger and grit.

This team also is in dire need of fresh faces and a fresh playbook.

For a team like the Spurs making the playoffs is useless if they're always going to get bounced in the first or second round. By low seeds no less.

Darius Bieber
04-23-2017, 07:09 PM
Yep. Wouldn't mind tanking next season tbh

TrainOfThought5
04-23-2017, 07:20 PM
A tank year could do wonders.

Play Boban
04-23-2017, 07:24 PM
lol

cjw
04-23-2017, 07:31 PM
Constantly making the playoffs hurts this team because they literally have not drafted better than 20th since Duncan (Kawhi was a trade) and the league has caught up on international scouting that the Spurs were able to take advantage of to bridge the divide.

It's not the "weighty expectations". Hunger is still there, they just lack the bodies. Don't love how many picks seem to have been wasted on Euros who stink or are a long way from coming over either when you've got prime Kawhi.

apalisoc_9
04-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Tanking will get Kawhi Leonard buying his new House in LA.

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 08:05 PM
Tanking would be catastrophic to this team now that I think about it :lol

If free agents curve you when you're good, they ain't going to Fat Antonio when the team sucks. Same goes for the fans.

Besides. Not worth tanking when RC Buford is behind the wheel, no pun intended. He'll draft a Hezonja-type euro bust... stash him till he's 32.... bring him over only to cut him after the 2029 summer league. Rinse and repeat.

illusioNtEk
04-23-2017, 08:08 PM
no need to tank, just reload

r0drig0lac
04-23-2017, 08:16 PM
wtf

DMC
04-23-2017, 09:09 PM
It would help lower expectations from not only their fans, but from the people covering the sport.

I actually think constatly making the playoffs hurts this team because the sports world expects you to win every year. This team needs a year or two off in the gutter so they can regain the hunger and grit.

For a team like the Spurs making the playoffs is useless if they're always going to get bounced in the first or second round. By low seeds no less.

Yep. Wouldn't mind tanking next season tbh

A tank year could do wonders.

It's almost like someone and their alts.

Spurs won't miss the playoffs for quite some time. The rest of the league is too weak and Pop's system is built for the regular season.

Reck
04-23-2017, 09:31 PM

Spurs won't miss the playoffs for quite some time. The rest of the league is too weak and Pop's system is built for the regular season.

You're a paranoid, old fat man.

I dont use any alts on here.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 09:37 PM
Tanking doesn't usually work out for teams that go that route. I look at my home team the hornets that have been mediocre to lottery over the last decade and it hasn't netted them any great prospects. As a front office you have to have the mindset of getting the best players possible through development, trades, free agency, drafting but not intentionally tanking for lottery picks. If the Spurs do get eliminated they will have to retool like they did after the '11 loss to the grizzlies. Take a risky trade that gets them a good draft pick or make a trade for a young prospect. They will also have to focus on developing young guys like Bertans and Murray.

Kool Bob Love
04-23-2017, 10:05 PM
OP, you sounding like a real bitch right now.

DMC
04-23-2017, 10:28 PM
You're a paranoid, old fat man.

I dont use any alts on here.

Calling for missing the playoffs with a 60 win team = stupid.

Shadowflames: You can change the name but the faggot remains.

dabom
04-23-2017, 10:30 PM
OP, you sounding like a real bitch right now.
:lol

baseline bum
04-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Holy fuck what a retarded thread.

Reck
04-23-2017, 10:41 PM

Just like you cant change being a fat finger cheeseburger eating faggot.

Nathan89
04-23-2017, 10:44 PM
The only reason that would help us is because we would be able to draft someone good. Other than that this would hurt us. Spurs have a standard and that motivates everyone to try to live up to that standard.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 10:50 PM
The only reason that would help us is because we would be able to draft someone good. Other than that this would hurt us. Spurs have a standard and that motivates everyone to try to live up to that standard.

Even with the spurs ability to find gems in the draft it's not guarantee they get a great prospect if they tank and get a lottery pick. The draft could be a shitty draft like the 2013 draft where there is no great prospects.

spurs10
04-23-2017, 10:58 PM

For a team like the Spurs making the playoffs is useless if they're always going to get bounced in the first or second round. By low seeds no less. The Spurs are the most winning team in all team sports for the last 20 years- baseball, football, hockey, basketball. It's difficult for the most winning team in all team sports not to make the playoffs. :lol

Now I will say I'd save a pretty penny not buying all these playoff tickets! So perhaps that is a more reasonable argument. 'Think of all the money you'll save Spurs fans if the Spurs don't make the playoffs!' Then again we could just stop enjoying basketball all together.

DMC
04-23-2017, 11:12 PM
Just like you cant change being a fat finger cheeseburger eating faggot.

But cheeseburgers are good. Missing the playoffs is bad.

PopTheGOAT
04-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Only way Spurs miss playoffs in the next 6-7 years is if Kawhi gets injured

Horse
04-24-2017, 11:26 AM
If he's not already Kawhi is gonna be the leagues best player. I see a ton of potential in our young guys.

MultiTroll
04-24-2017, 11:41 AM

Pink yourself.

:lol Todays SpursTalk

Reck
04-24-2017, 11:45 AM
Pink yourself.

:lol Todays SpursTalk

Very ironic coming from a guy who cant start threads. :lol Faggs

MultiTroll
04-24-2017, 01:58 PM
Very ironic coming from a guy who cant start threads. Superior basketball I.Q. Fabbs
Thanks for validating.
:lol Todays ST.

67 and 62 win teams with contending rosters and you think missing the playoffs would be good.
Kwa Leonard reaching Timmy Duncan levels of kick ass.
The hell out.

DPG21920
04-24-2017, 02:02 PM
I love nothing more in sports than NBA playoffs and actually enjoy having my team in the playoffs. No thanks OP. I would rather just keep winning a ton of games, going to the playoffs and rebuilding on the fly like SA has done. They just had a title in 2014 so I'm very happy with the rebuild process so far.

Chillen
04-24-2017, 02:03 PM
As long as Pop is still the head coach missing the playoffs will be completely unacceptable.

FkLA
04-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Nah. Changes have to be made, but no need to miss the playoffs to do so. Besides it's pretty much impossible to miss them with prime Kawhi. You could surround him with the Austin Spurs and they'd probably still sneak in.

sananspursfan21
04-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Ha! As a former Rams fan (when they were in St. Louis), don't take the playoffs for granted! I went 11 years without seeing the playoffs. Sometimes, one year out can start an ugly streak that doesn't look to end for a decade or two. Like FkLA said, no need to miss the playoffs if we can't help it. I think the organization sees that this team still needs improvement. If we see this as fans, how much more will guys who eat, drink, and breathe this stuff see it?

Our front office is doing what it can in the offseason. They went for KD and had a fighter's chance if not for Golden State. Obviously, we don't actually know what these guys will do (even this KL dragged mess can catch fire still) but with the assumption there's no ring this year,
I think the front office will continue to try and swing during the offseason. As for midseason trades and pickups, you're kinda fooling with team chemistry which is extremely underrated against this modern day idea that every team needs star power. The Spurs are in a weird spot as a roster and organization, but I don't think it requires complete failure to get better. Remember, we're the Spurs, "we build on the fly" :downspin:

apalisoc_9
04-24-2017, 04:13 PM
Holy fuck what a retarded thread.

OP is A disgrace to all PlayStation owners

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Popovich is the Arsene Wenger of basketball. Past his prime, cute little regular season coach that will get you good positioning in the standings, shit the bed when the real tournament starts. Both chase cheap bottom of the barrel players in free agency and never sign stars. Both are untouchable from the media and the front office and will only leave the team when they please.

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2017, 04:29 PM
http://images1.minutemediacdn.com/production/1200x630/58a57d7fae34edf165000001.jpg

Mal
04-24-2017, 04:33 PM
Just bring hungry guys. David Lee looks hungry, so does Dedmon. Sad that Gasol isnt

apalisoc_9
04-24-2017, 05:05 PM
Popovich is the Arsene Wenger of basketball. Past his prime, cute little regular season coach that will get you good positioning in the standings, shit the bed when the real tournament starts. Both chase cheap bottom of the barrel players in free agency and never sign stars. Both are untouchable from the media and the front office and will only leave the team when they please.

Nice. Perfect analogy, imo.

Chris
04-24-2017, 05:15 PM

Yep. Exactly what I thought :lol using alts to perpetuate a narrative :lol

Chris
04-24-2017, 05:16 PM

:lmao