PDA

View Full Version : tony the red herring

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 10:33 PM
tp doesn't make the players around him better, has been taking shots away from la.

would not say he's been great. good is even debatable... our starting PG is averaging 2 assists ! i can't believe people just brush that off.

spurs go 61-21 on:
la: 14.6 FGA (.477 shooting)
tp: 9.0 FGA (.466 shooting)

spurs in the playoffs:
la: 11.3 FGA (.500)
tp: 12.3 FGA (.469)

the sooner in the game that la gets confidence, the better. tp should take shots away from the bench, not from the starters.

i thought tp would be unreliable in over the next few rounds. turns out he decided to change up the offense early.

dabom
04-23-2017, 10:35 PM
Of course tp shooting more doesn't actually make us better. That's fools gold. :lol

Dude has played 4 games in the playoffs. Dude is probably gonna have some "injury" issues next series. :lol

spurraider21
04-23-2017, 10:45 PM
how do you come away from these memphis games thinking LMA needs the ball more :lol... TP kept us afloat in the first half last game. he's been surprisingly effective on offense outside of game 3

Nathan89
04-23-2017, 10:47 PM
Taking shots away from LA:lmao The fuck is he going to do?

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 10:48 PM
I see OP is trying cum shield for his countrymen scoring ZERO points thru 4 games, but.... :lol

Tony Parker - 55 points on 23/49 (46.9FG%) in 102 minutes
Ginobili, Green, Mills - 56 points on 19/68 (27.9FG%) in 242 minutes

Nathan89
04-23-2017, 10:48 PM
LA isn't shooting that % when you feed it to him and tell him go score.:lol

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 10:49 PM
how do you come away from these memphis games thinking LMA needs the ball more :lol... TP kept us afloat in the first half last game. he's been surprisingly effective on offense outside of game 3
la needs confidence early. whether you want that kind of player is a different story.

i don't want a starting PG who averages 2 assists.

spurraider21
04-23-2017, 10:51 PM
la needs confidence early. whether you want that kind of player is a different story.

i don't want a starting PG who averages 2 assists.of course parker is a subpar point guard. but it is what it is, we have to work with what we have. he has exceeded expectations so far. same can't be said for LMA

cjw
04-23-2017, 10:52 PM
spurs go 61-21 on:

spurs in the playoffs:

Tony takes more threes than Aldridge and actually had a higher 2pt FG% than Lamarcus (and we know from this series has been shooting a lot more threes). When you're using stats to make a point, at least use ones that tell the whole story. Especially if taking up space on the front page of the forum with a new thread.

Also, Tony's FG attempts are probably up because Manu has proven totally inept in this series and penetration is one of the only ways to create open shots for others.

dabom
04-23-2017, 10:52 PM
of course parker is a subpar point guard. but it is what it is, we have to work with what we have. he has exceeded expectations so far. same can't be said for LMA

WTF?? :lol

daslicer
04-23-2017, 10:53 PM
This Parker vs Manu civil war the OP and several other posters have had going on for the last 3 years is pretty retarded. Manu has been crap in this series just deal with it. I'm on neither Manu or Tony's side. Both are inconsistent role players at this point of time. For this series Tony has been very solid we'll see what will happen in the next few games.

Hoops Czar
04-23-2017, 10:54 PM
Tony Parker living rent free in OP's head.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 10:56 PM
This Parker vs Manu civil war the OP and several other posters have had going on for the last 3 years is pretty retarded. Manu has been crap in this series just deal with it. I'm on neither Manu or Tony's side. Both are inconsistent role players at this point of time. For this series Tony has been very solid we'll see what will happen in the next few games.
this isn't parker vs manu. manu has shot so terribly that words don't do justice.

this is about tony taking more shots than the highest paid player on the team. tony has shot worse than him btw.

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 10:57 PM
Fucking sucks that Parker has to share minutes with a midget Microwave, tbh...

Playoff Per-36 Parker:
19.8ppg (46.9FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Microwave:
12.8ppg (35.7FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Manure:
0ppg (0.0FG%)

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 10:58 PM
Tony Parker living rent free in OP's head.
i prefer my starting PG averages more than 2 assists a game. different for you obviously.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Fucking sucks that Parker has to share minutes with a midget Microwave, tbh...

Playoff Per-36 Parker:
19.8ppg (46.9FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Microwave:
12.8ppg (35.7FG%)

Playoff Per-36 Manure:
0ppg (0.0FG%)

this isn't parker vs manu. manu has shot so terribly that words don't do justice.

this is about tony taking more shots than the highest paid player on the team. tony has shot worse than him btw.

TheDoctor
04-23-2017, 11:03 PM
I see OP is trying cum shield for his countrymen scoring ZERO points thru 4 games, but.... :lol

Tony Parker - 55 points on 23/49 (46.9FG%) in 102 minutes
Ginobili, Green, Mills - 56 points on 19/68 (27.9FG%) in 242 minutes

Damn. Other than HOTS, we have a dumpster fire for backcourt.

DPG21920
04-23-2017, 11:04 PM
Tony and LMA have the same True Shooting percentage FYI.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:04 PM
you can be the biggest parker fan... should he be averaging more shots than la? no. we signed la for his offense. his defense has been a plus.

tp has been the separation between kawhi and la establishing a two man game.

spurraider21
04-23-2017, 11:06 PM
WTF?? :lolwhat were your expectations for parker for the memphis series, compared to how he has played so far?

dabom
04-23-2017, 11:07 PM
what were your expectations for parker for the memphis series, compared to how he has played so far?

6 assist per game. And to feed LMa in his spots.

Hoops Czar
04-23-2017, 11:08 PM
i prefer my starting PG averages more than 2 assists a game. different for you obviously.

Tony Parker would have more assists if the players he passed to took and made the shot rather than bricking open jumpers or putting the ball on the floor. This isn't the 2012-14 Spurs. As far as LMA is concerned, I could care less how many less shot attempts he takes per game because I'm sick and tired of watching him take and brick countless 20 ft. off balanced mid range jumpers with a hand in his face.

DPG21920
04-23-2017, 11:08 PM
you can be the biggest parker fan... should he be averaging more shots than la? no. we signed la for his offense. his defense has been a plus.

tp has been the separation between kawhi and la establishing a two man game.

TP has setup LMA plenty of times. If you watch the games, TP HAS to take most of the shots he's taken because MEM , outside of GM3 dared him to do it. Luckily for SA TP came to play unlike most others.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Tony and LMA have the same True Shooting percentage FYI.
that's great, not being sarcastic.

you cannot argue that he has taking shots away from lma though.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Tony has never been a natural playmaker. He is who he is and at this point of time that's not going to change. As long as he's shooting a good FG percentages I can live with his production. On the other hand LMA is not being aggressive on the offensive end and asserting himself in this series and that's not Parker's fault. I have seen him at times get the ball and try to post up ZBO and Marc and then hesitate and pass the ball. I say this and I"m one of LMA's biggest supporters on this board if you look at my previous post history you will see that.

ElNono
04-23-2017, 11:10 PM
Tony has been great this series overall, tbh

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:12 PM
As far as LMA is concerned, I could care less how many less shot attempts he takes per game because I'm sick and tired of watching him take and brick countless 20 ft. off balanced mid range jumpers with a hand in his face.
tp the great point guard can't get him easy looks?

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 11:13 PM
Does this faggot know what happened last time Aldridge was THE guy against the Grizzlies? :lol aside from riding a separate plane from the rest of the team?

He made 7.4 FG's out of 22.4 FGA's a game. That's 33FG%.

Spurs are lucky they've reduced his role to where he's efficient otherwise it would get ugly and fast.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:13 PM
TP has setup LMA plenty of times.
tony had 1 assist to la before game 4.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Tony has been great this series overall, tbh
murray could average under 50% shooting and 2 assists imo.

kaji157
04-23-2017, 11:16 PM
Tony has been playing as good as anyone could expect from him, he doesn´t know another way to play than being first option, never has, never will.
Unluckily this is not what this team needs and it will be our doom this season and the next if he doesn´t manage to find a way to be a 2nd or 3rd option and still be effective.

Is he taking a lot of shots? Maybe
Is he making others better? Definitively not.
Do i want him to play in any other way? No, because he won´t be as effective.

Also you cannot make him lead a 2nd unit because Tony´s game needs too many things to be effective, and one of them is for him not to be the sole focus of the defense.

I think Tony has to keep doing what he is doing, and the others will have to make themselves better (which will reflect on Tony´s assist), because this is the best Tony we can get.
And let´s not forget that the team, outside of Leonard, is shooting very bad from 3 for the series.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Does this faggot know what happened last time Aldridge was THE guy against the Grizzlies? :lol
i don't see you referencing the last time tp played against the grizzlies in the playoffs anywhere.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 11:20 PM
tp the great point guard can't get him easy looks?

:lol You really think Parker is going to become a great play maker at this point of time in his career when he has never been that player ever in his career? That's like asking Deandre Jordan to suddenly become an 80 percent free throw shooter. The Spurs definitely need an upgrade at PG that's something I can agree with you on but your expectations of Parker in this series are asinine.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:23 PM
:lol You really think Parker is going to become a great play maker at this point of time in his career when he has never been that player ever in his career?
i was being sarcastic. i know tp isn't a play maker.

he's even less of play maker now that he's taking shots away from la.

daslicer
04-23-2017, 11:27 PM
i was being sarcastic. i know tp isn't a play maker.

he's even less of play maker now that he's taking shots away from la.

Give me examples of how he's taking shots away from LMA other then looking at his FG attempts. I have seen LMA get the ball plenty of times in this series and just pass up shots. Give me precise examples where you saw Tony wave off LMA and take a shot instead.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:30 PM
Give me examples of how he's taking shots away from LMA other then looking at his FG attempts. I have seen LMA get the ball plenty of times in this series and just pass up shots. Give me precise examples where you saw Tony wave off LMA and take a shot instead.
try reading the original post?

spurs go 61-21 on:

spurs in the playoffs:

dabom
04-23-2017, 11:30 PM
My nigga gambit1990 going in. :lmao

TheGreatYacht
04-23-2017, 11:48 PM
i don't see you referencing the last time tp played against the grizzlies in the playoffs anywhere.
Cropping out the part when I ended your thread :lmao

Can't criticize Parker this series so you went with the :cry Get Aldridge involved :cry schtick

Anyways. Parker has, is, and will own Memphis (and your sister). No matter how hard dafakeengineer holds your pocket.

Hahahaha what?!?

2011 WCR1:

Parker: 20/5 on 46%
Conley: 14/6 on 40%

2013 WCF:

Parker: 25/10 on 53%
Conley: 15/6 on 38%

Parker absolutely decimated Conley by and large. For crying out loud, Conley is one of the worst shooting point guards there has been, and he can't even play good defense as evidenced by how easily Parker always scored on him.

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:55 PM
^

Does this faggot know what happened last time Aldridge was THE guy against the Grizzlies? :lol

you still left out tony's numbers from the last time he faced the grizzlies :lmao

gambit1990
04-23-2017, 11:57 PM
My nigga gambit1990 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=30595) going in. :lmao
:toast

i'm glad tony has shot better. why he decided to start taking more shot attempts than the highest paid player on the team should be a mystery to all of us.

DPG21920
04-24-2017, 12:00 AM
This is literally the dumbest thread in a long time. Counting assists without evaluating whether a guy missed a good opportunity is a foolish way to look at things.

Same as trying to talk about raw % only to find out their advanced shooting %s are the same.

TheGreatYacht
04-24-2017, 12:00 AM
You do what I tell you to do. Not the other way around. Now spin these numbers, faggot.

Does this faggot know what happened last time Aldridge was THE guy against the Grizzlies? :lol aside from riding a separate plane from the rest of the team?

He made 7.4 FG's out of 22.4 FGA's a game. That's 33FG%.

Spurs are lucky they've reduced his role to where he's efficient otherwise it would get ugly and fast.

I know numbers aren't your thing, comic books are lmfao, but give it a try.

ducks
04-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Paul Garcia‏ pAulGarciaNBA
Spurs' Net Rating in Games 3 & 4 with Kawhi Leonard on the floor: +7.3 (74 mins).

When Kawhi was off the floor: -41.4 (27 mins)

gambit1990
04-24-2017, 12:04 AM

dabom
04-24-2017, 12:05 AM

i'm glad tony has shot better. why he decided to start taking more shot attempts than the highest paid player on the team should be a mystery to all of us.

I really hope he can average 5 assist per game this series.

gambit1990
04-24-2017, 12:09 AM
This is literally the dumbest thread in a long time. Counting assists without evaluating whether a guy missed a good opportunity is a foolish way to look at things.
parker averaging 2 a game, counting is barely even counting :lmao

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 02:06 AM
It's tough to argue in Lamarcus favor. He's been very disappointing. Spurs have tried to go to him and he's not delivering... I believe Tony was asked to be aggressive bc outside Kawhi the team and Lamarcus included was shrinking from the moment.

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 02:16 AM
:lol You really think Parker is going to become a great play maker at this point of time in his career when he has never been that player ever in his career? That's like asking Deandre Jordan to suddenly become an 80 percent free throw shooter. The Spurs definitely need an upgrade at PG that's something I can agree with you on but your expectations of Parker in this series are asinine.
Well I do believe Pop had the illusion of Tony being that. But it doesn't matter bc everyone else outside Kawhi has been very bad/inconsistent.

So, I find it difficult to criticize Tony for this series bc utside Kawhi and Tony, the Spurs regular rotation is underperforming and missing shots.

in fact just thinking about it now, it may even be a reason Pop hasn't tightened his rotation. He can't bc his veterans are sucking something fierce, shifting the bed, and I think he's going to have to play and rely on his younger players more bc said veterans aren't going to wake up.

It probably doesn't matter if they don't get a better Lamarcus... but I wouldn't blame Lamarcus lack of toughness and a spine on Tony.

gambit1990
04-24-2017, 03:32 PM
It's tough to argue in Lamarcus favor. He's been very disappointing. Spurs have tried to go to him and he's not delivering... I believe Tony was asked to be aggressive bc outside Kawhi the team and Lamarcus included was shrinking from the moment.
i'm not the biggest la fan... but he's shooting 49% in the playoffs so far.

i'm against giving him the ball while every just stands around. part of why i've been wanting to trade parker for so long is that we could acquire someone who can get this team easy buckets.

tony used to not fit on the bench... he actually does now with manu shooting so poorly.

everyone should be on the same page: who would you rather tony takes shots away from? la or manu at this point?

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 03:36 PM
i'm not the biggest la fan... but he's shooting 49% in the playoffs so far.

i'm against giving him the ball while every just stands around. part of why i've been wanting to trade parker for so long is that we could acquire someone who can get this team easy buckets.

tony used to not fit on the bench... he actually does now with manu shooting so poorly.

everyone should be on the same page: who would you rather tony takes shots away from? la or manu at this point?
Definitely Manu... he's fallen off a cliff. I have no issue with Tony satiating his hunger to score when it comes to the bench... but him and Patty together? No.

Anyways, as far as LA, he has been passing out the ball from shot opportunities. He's just not aggressive enough. Maybe he is struggling with the physicality and doesn't want to force things, or he's been told by the coaches to pass more (I could see this being a factor in his mind)
I'll be happy if Lamarcus shows up more aggression and spine for this next game.

gambit1990
04-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Definitely Manu... he's fallen off a cliff. I have no issue with Tony satiating his hunger to score when it comes to the bench... but him and Patty together? No.

Anyways, as far as LA, he has been passing out the ball from shot opportunities. He's just not aggressive enough. Maybe he is struggling with the physicality and doesn't want to force things, or he's been told by the coaches to pass more (I could see this being a factor in his mind)
I'll be happy if Lamarcus shows up more aggression and spine for this next game.
i never liked tony + patty on the court, do not want to see that again.

as far as la...

i could be mistaken but i think he was 1 for 5 until:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NtjgDLZNyA
he was in a little rhythm after that, knocked down some shots, ended the game 6 for 11.

the earlier la is engaged, the better.

patty/murray starting would take less shots away from la than tp... tp could be the scoring spark off the bench that manu isn't.

SAGirl
04-24-2017, 04:25 PM
i never liked tony + patty on the court, do not want to see that again.

as far as la...

i could be mistaken but i think he was 1 for 5 until:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NtjgDLZNyA
he was in a little rhythm after that, knocked down some shots, ended the game 6 for 11.

the earlier la is engaged, the better.

patty/murray starting would take less shots away from la than tp... tp could be the scoring spark off the bench that manu isn't.
I doubt Pop even considers Murray.. but one can dream and he should consider at least some playing time for Murray somewhere.
Tony is actually more suitable to be a bench spark than Lamarcus is. I saw Pop try to keep a starter in when Kawhi sat. I didn't like when Kawhi sat and Pop tried to channel things through Lamarcus. Tony is actually an excellent choice at that moment and I think he was asked to be aggressive bc Lamarcus was passive or getting blitzed. It was a good moment for Tony to get aggressive. I don't dislike your plan however.

Pop needs to tweak things right now. If he has Simms/Anderson/Bertans with the bench, since they are less experienced, I actually love Tony's leadership with them bc Manu doesn't have the leadership at this point.. on the court where it matters. I want to see some type of adjustment... not Pop play the same guys the same way and just expecting them to execute better. After 4 games I think he can see that some guys just can't deal with this matchup, while others need to play more... and they are some younger guys.

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 04:37 PM
no tony and la plays the way we all want him to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZPuKGlwt8U

keep it up.

spursistan
05-06-2017, 04:41 PM
Let's face it: OP you are a pathetic faggot if you are going to keep kicking the guy while he's down for the next few months..

Let it go..

dabom
05-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Of course tp shooting more doesn't actually make us better. That's fools gold. :lol

Dude has played 4 games in the playoffs. Dude is probably gonna have some "injury" issues next series. :lol

Fuck...

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Let's face it: OP you are a pathetic faggot if you are going to keep kicking the guy while he's down for the next few months..

Let it go..
wrong.

spurs ceiling is higher with an engaged la.

Seventyniner
05-06-2017, 04:44 PM

Let it go..

This thread was good for a few laughs, at least. Agendas gonna agenda.

dabom
05-06-2017, 04:45 PM

I forgot what the agenda was? Can you explain?

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 04:45 PM
did you watch game 3?

duncan2k5
05-06-2017, 04:46 PM
no tony and la plays the way we all want him to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZPuKGlwt8U

keep it up.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-06-2017, 04:53 PM

It's been going on for longer than that - there are a few TP lovers/Manu haters around (wont say their names you can judge for yourself - it's very easy) who don't love the Spurs - not great fans either

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 05:17 PM
it's great parker knocked down open shots more so than he did in the RS.

that's literally all he did. he prioritized himself on offense to start games, didn't make the game easier for his teammates.

la needs a healthy amount of shots, last night he took 20... with parker, the highest paid player on the team was averaging 12 :rolleyes

kawhi and gasol get la easier than tp :tu

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 05:21 PM
It's been going on for longer than that - there are a few TP lovers/Manu haters around (wont say their names you can judge for yourself - it's very easy) who don't love the Spurs - not great fans either

this isn't manu vs tp. it's a little thing called "basketball".

KenziE
05-06-2017, 05:37 PM
it's great parker knocked down open shots more so than he did in the RS.

that's literally all he did. he prioritized himself on offense to start games, didn't make the game easier for his teammates.

la needs a healthy amount of shots, last night he took 20... with parker, the highest paid player on the team was averaging 12 :rolleyes

kawhi and gasol get la easier than tp :tu

FUCK YEAH !!!! Gambit i hear you man !!!

TP takes away SHOTS, RHYTHM , FLUIDITY , HUNGER , GENUINE INTENSITY , CHEMISTRY , CONFIDENCE , PASSION and EFFORT from his teamates !!! Now that he is gone , its like a black cloud has been lifted .

soon as TP is out of the picture LA all of a sudden is a diffrent player a much livelier , a more involved a more confident LA !!! Coz he knows the ballhog HERO is gone !!!

I play ball too tony is the guy that takes an extra second and half to give up the ball even if you are open it throws you off rhythm . And to have that all day everyday it does get old thus the lack of passion and effort from teamates .

Clipper Nation
05-06-2017, 05:41 PM
When will GNSF realize that Gambit's takes were correct all along?

KenziE
05-06-2017, 05:43 PM

they wont

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 05:52 PM
TP takes away SHOTS, RHYTHM , FLUIDITY , HUNGER , GENUINE INTENSITY , CHEMISTRY , CONFIDENCE , PASSION and EFFORT from his teamates !!!

they wont

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 06:29 PM
dpg constantly saying tony makes la better throughout the regular season :lmao

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 06:57 PM
what i'm not seeing... "spurs are worse off without parker because: (blank)"

KenziE
05-06-2017, 06:58 PM
Because they are better hahaha