PDA

View Full Version : **Official 2017 Houston Texans Thread sponsored by The Under Center Revolving Door**

benefactor
04-24-2017, 03:37 PM
Draft is Thursday. Might as well get this thing going. The defense will beast again, the offense will be...well...I don't really want to fucking talk about that. Bolster the OLine, spend a high pick on a safety and draft a QB prospect to develop. We'll go from there.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2017, 05:40 AM
Draft is Thursday. Might as well get this thing going. The defense will beast again, the offense will be...well...I don't really want to fucking talk about that. Bolster the OLine, spend a high pick on a safety and draft a QB prospect to develop. We'll go from there.

they done goofed brah

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 05:56 AM
they done goofed brah

No

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2017, 05:57 AM
No

yes

spurraider21
04-28-2017, 06:21 AM
Noa year ago you were praising the osweiler addition :lol... rose colored glasses as always. not sayin watson is necessarily gonna suck (tbh didnt really study the draft this year), but you're not exactly objective when it comes to your teams

benefactor
04-28-2017, 07:51 AM
Fuck you Houston

benefactor
04-28-2017, 07:51 AM
Two first round picks for a black QB. Jesus fucking Christ

benefactor
04-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Now Houston has no picks in the first two rounds next draft because they dumped that second to get rid of that shithead who stole all that money from them. Fuck me.

It's become apparent that O'Brien has no idea what he's looking at when it comes to QB's. Fitz, Hoyer, Assweiler and now Watson.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 09:38 AM
a year ago you were praising the osweiler addition :lol... rose colored glasses as always. not sayin watson is necessarily gonna suck (tbh didnt really study the draft this year), but you're not exactly objective when it comes to your teams

It was a gamble they made. At the time I also said the contract was only guaranteed for 2 years so if it didn't work out no big deal. Not sure what's the issue?

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 09:38 AM
Watson has not played one down and you'really criticizing a move that is pretty much loved by everyone?

benefactor
04-28-2017, 09:52 AM
I'm criticizing the fact that they overpaid for a less pro ready version of Teddy Bridgewater. Honestly, I didn't want to spend a first on any of these QB's, much less two firsts.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2017, 12:42 PM

Texans were always my side piece, i was gonna root for them this year, but now they're in the same boat as my main squeeze

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 12:48 PM
Watson seems to play well in big games. (Twice against a Saban defense) Cant teach that.

benefactor
04-28-2017, 01:09 PM
So you are going with the "he just winz!" narrative that Rick Smith is floating huh? What's Vince Young up to these days?

UNT Eagles 2016
04-28-2017, 02:05 PM
Now Houston has no picks in the first two rounds next draft because they dumped that second to get rid of that shithead who stole all that money from them. Fuck me.

It's become apparent that O'Brien has no idea what he's looking at when it comes to QB's. Fitz, Hoyer, Assweiler and now Watson.
The biggest problem on that team is O'Bummer, if you don't get rid of him you'll never win a damn thing. Buffoon, worst coach in the league by a country mile. Mismanages the offense. Makes the Harbaugh's look like situational, timeout and time management geniuses by comparison.

And to think you axed an actual winning coach (who recently won a SB) in favor of this oaf.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 02:43 PM
So you are going with the "he just winz!" narrative that Rick Smith is floating huh? What's Vince Young up to these days?

You're mad they took a black QB it's all it is.

leemajors
04-28-2017, 03:16 PM

it's a lot to give up for him.

benefactor
04-28-2017, 04:24 PM
I would have been just as pissed of they did the same with Trubisky or Mahomes. None of these QBs are worth a first.

Robz4000
04-28-2017, 04:31 PM
I would have been just as pissed of they did the same with Trubisky or Mahomes. None of these QBs are worth a first.

This. Houston fucked themselves over for a few years.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 05:03 PM
it's a lot to give up for him.

And if it works out then they have their QB for the next decade. Draft picks mean shit when you don't have a QB. If they believe he is their guy than Kudos to them for having the balls to pull it off.

benefactor
04-28-2017, 10:25 PM
I'm ok with the Cunningham pick, but I feel like safety was a bigger need. However, like I said in the draft thread Vrabel is elite at developing LB's and Cunningham is super talented. Could be a sneaky good pick in a year or so.

I'm all about the Foreman pick. Great value that late in the third. He'll help solve Houston's red zone scoring woes and will provide a nice thunder for Miller's lightning.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 10:31 PM
Cunningham and Mckinney will terrorize niggas.

djohn2oo8
04-28-2017, 10:31 PM
Yes Foreman definitely complements Miller. Hopefully we see much less of.Blue.

benefactor
04-28-2017, 10:32 PM
Yes Foreman definitely complements Miller. Hopefully we see much less of.Blue.
Blue just got fired on his day off tbh

Avante
04-28-2017, 10:40 PM
Texas and black QB's, hmmmm?

I think I mentioned something about where the league was heading, yep......QB's who can extent plays and escape a pass rush, that will usually be black.

Silver&Black
04-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Welcome to the Black QB club benefactor !!!!

benefactor
04-29-2017, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the Black QB club benefactor !!!!
:flipoff

benefactor
04-29-2017, 02:11 PM
:lol...I swear the homer love fest for this jig is unreal. Some are saying he should start week 1. It's like they drafted Aaron Rodgers.:lmao

benefactor
04-29-2017, 02:29 PM
Let's count the ways...

He's 6'2, which would be doable if he didn't have a shitty throwing motion where the ball comes out way too low. He led the NCAA in batted balls last season...I'm sure that will magically rectify itself at the next level.

He has questionable arm strength, so don't expect him to be able to stretch the field. He has accuracy problems with his deep ball too.

He threw a ton of interceptions, mostly because he's your typical one read QB who locks in on his receivers.

So lets be real here...he's a project...and if he does become a QB at this level he will be a game manager.

Bbbbut winz!!1!!1!!!!

benefactor
04-29-2017, 03:04 PM
That DB Houston just took is trash. Complete waste of a pick.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-29-2017, 07:04 PM
Cunningham and Mckinney will terrorize niggas.

I can say with supreme confidence that you have the best front 7 in the NFL.

------------Watt --------- Reader --------- Clowney --------------
McKinney --------------------------------------------------- Mercilus
----------------- Cushing ---------- Cunningham -----------------------

Literally a 7 pro bowler front 7. Question is, how do you pay all of them??

UNT Eagles 2016
04-29-2017, 07:04 PM
That DB Houston just took is trash. Complete waste of a pick.

Who needs db's when you have the best front 7 in the league. And it's not like the guys they have in place are below average.

benefactor
04-30-2017, 11:14 AM
Keep an eye on this guy as a UDFA pickup...seems like a steal

Trill Clinton
04-30-2017, 11:19 AM
Keep an eye on this guy as a UDFA pickup...seems like a steal

849762574375809024 just saw y'all signed him as udfa. if his foot is healed up then yea y'all got a good one.

Trill Clinton
04-30-2017, 11:20 AM
congrats to the texans fan base. i might actually watch y'alls game this year. snagged the best qb in the draft and picked up my boy d'onte.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-30-2017, 01:01 PM
congrats to the texans fan base. i might actually watch y'alls game this year. snagged the best qb in the draft and picked up my boy d'onte.
If Deshaun Watson is the next Russell Wilson or Dak Prescott, the Texans are the team to beat in the AFC for the next 5-10 years with those receivers, Foreman/Miller, and dat front 7

Mark Celibate
05-01-2017, 03:34 PM

Well two late first round picks (since Houston will likely be in the playoffs again next season) is a good deal IF the QB pans out.

tbh I think the days of black QBs automatically sucking might be over soon. The main issue is that they naturally want to depend on their athleticism and run, which doesn't work in the pros and leads to injury. But it's becoming common knowledge that being a run first QB will never work so maybe they'll start to abandon it and focus on staying in the pocket. I think that's the main issue not necessarily intelligence. I mean, if black people like Lebron James can shoot a basketball well and make the intelligent pass to the right teammate, I don't know why they wouldn't be able to do the same thing in football. It's not like they're being asked to split the atom.

Fabbs and I are currently doing a research study to see what effect intelligence has on the quarterback position. It's a mystery because there are guys like Fitzpatrick who go to Harvard and ace the Wonderlic test yet end up sucking.

benefactor
05-01-2017, 07:43 PM
The problem I have with him goes beyond him being a darkie though tbh. As I said in a previous post in this thread, he's got some pretty big holes in his game he has to fix to be an effective starter. He doesn't have an elite arm, but he can be a good steady QB if he fixes his release point and learns to not lock in on receivers. He has some good anticipatory instincts when he makes throws to spots where he knows his guy is going to be open. If he can cut the mistakes down he can be a lot like Wilson and manage the game while the defense backs him up.

benefactor
05-01-2017, 08:32 PM
Well fuck, Skip Bayless just said Houston had the best draft.

We're fucked.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 08:32 PM
The problem I have with him goes beyond him being a darkie though tbh. As I said in a previous post in this thread, he's got some pretty big holes in his game he has to fix to be an effective starter. He doesn't have an elite arm, but he can be a good steady QB if he fixes his release point and learns to not lock in on receivers. He has some good anticipatory instincts when he makes throws to spots where he knows his guy is going to be open. If he can cut the mistakes down he can be a lot like Wilson and manage the game while the defense backs him up.
So basically he's rustle wilson.

benefactor
05-01-2017, 09:23 PM
Well yeah, dumbass...I said that.

spurraider21
05-01-2017, 10:42 PM
Well fuck, Skip Bayless just said Houston had the best draft.

We're fucked.

RGMCSE
05-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Watson was on a loaded team with talent overwhelming everyone else. He's a horrible decision maker and has a very average arm. He maybe worse than Bortles. Hope He fails obviously because if the Texans find a way to hide his flaws the Division will easily be there's.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Watson was on a loaded team with talent overwhelming everyone else. He's a horrible decision maker and has a very average arm. He maybe worse than Bortles. Hope He fails obviously because if the Texans find a way to hide his flaws the Division will easily be there's.

well it won't be yours, because bortles and the ol

Trill Clinton
05-03-2017, 06:52 PM
well it won't be yours, because bortles and the ol yup. bortles is arguably the worst starting qb in the league. jags have all that talent on their team but won't have anything to show for it because of their qb.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 06:59 PM
yup. bortles is arguably the worst starting qb in the league. jags have all that talent on their team but won't have anything to show for it because of their qb.

Really their talent is all on defense. They have big names on the DL (not sure on actual production though), one great corner and a great MLB who they don't play enough.

Their offense and special teams are bad. Even their receivers are just... average.

benefactor
08-01-2017, 07:00 AM
Some things from the first week of camp:

Savage has looked the part so far. He and Hopkins worked together a lot in the offseason and it shows. He gets through his progressions quickly and has shown some ability to adjust play calls at the line of scrimmage depending on the look the defense gives him. Watson has thrown the ball well, but as expected the speed of the game is going to be an adjustment for him. He's had several instances where he held the ball way too long in the pocket or was too quick to :monkey out to the edge.

Hopkins has looked phenomenal. He's caught everything that has gotten close to him. He's really going to have to have an elite season to keep this offense moving down the field. Braxton Miller is healthy and looking good in the slot. Having Welker on staff has helped both guys out and should continue to pay dividends throughout the season.

The thunder and lightning duo of Foreman and Miller is already taking shape. Foreman had a bit of a knock on him coming out of Texas that for his size, he would shy from contact. All reports indicate he is doing anything but that...running hard between the tackles and punishing defenders who go head up with him. Tyler Ervin has earned praise from O'Brien for his first week. The Swiss Army knife back is starting to show why the Texans took him in the 4th round...catching the ball well out of the backfield and using his speed to make the defense pay for trying to cover him with a LB.

The Oline is looking much better...and a big part of that is having Nick Martin back. He was highly touted as the long term started when he was drafted last year and now that he's healthy, he's showing why. During team drills he's giving DJ Reader all he can handle and Reader broke out last season as one of the better nose tackles in the league.

As it has been widely advertised, the front seven of this defense looks like one of the scariest this league has seen in a long time. Watt is going full speed with no lingering effects showing from the back injury and Clowney is doing Clowney things...regularly embarrassing the shit out of just about anyone who lines up in front of him. McKinney has drawn praise this from O'Brien this first week too and is now looking like one of the vets in his third year. I have no idea how any team is going to be able to block all of these guys. From a depth standpoint, OLB's Dylan Cole and Brennan Scarlett have impressed and have a good shot at making the team and being rotation guys. Cole is really one to watch...as he fits well in today's NFL at OLB(6'0 240lbs, 4.5 40, 32 reps on the bench, 39 in vertical) and should help immediately on special teams. In coverage he ran stride for stride several times with Akeem Hunt...which very few LB's can do.

Trill Clinton
08-01-2017, 12:28 PM
djohn2oo8

spurraider21
08-01-2017, 01:37 PM
djohn2oo8 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14870)

:lol what are the rookies he's been around

benefactor
08-01-2017, 05:30 PM
djohn2oo8

I'm sure he is. He played in an elite college program and played in a lot of big games. But I still think unless Savage gets hurt he sits a year...which is preferable. He still has a ways to go learning the offense and catching up the speed at this level.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-01-2017, 06:07 PM
I'm sure he is. He played in an elite college program and played in a lot of big games. But I still think unless Savage gets hurt he sits a year...which is preferable. He still has a ways to go learning the offense and catching up the speed at this level.

if Savage is the starter for 16 games, then 2013 it is for you guys. Well at least you'll get to draft another high WR or something

benefactor
08-01-2017, 08:51 PM
Get the fuck out of my thread and stop quoting me. I've had you on ignore for a while now.

benefactor
08-02-2017, 03:37 PM
First camp casualty...Will Fuller breaks his collarbone. Out until midseason. Sucks, but not a huge deal. Strong and Miller will step up.

weebo
08-09-2017, 08:56 AM
Hopefully DW gets plenty of snaps tonight.

Trill Clinton
08-10-2017, 03:20 PM
Start him week 1. The Watson vs Mariota duels are going to be lit

8-aCD4SgP2A

benefactor
08-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Better to let Savage start. Houston's early schedule is brutal. At Cincy, at NE and the Chiefs in prime time. If he falls flat then put the kid in.

benefactor
08-15-2017, 06:53 AM
Watson got some work with the 1's yesterday. BOB seems to be sending a message to Savage...show you are ready for prime time or I'll put the kid in. I'm glad to see it. As much as I'd like to hold off on throwing Watson in the fire it's good to see BOB showing signs that he'd go to the rookie if his hand was forced.

benefactor
08-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Jason Braddock's take on Watson...I pretty much agree with all of this:

Thank you for the invitation to take part in this enlightening and entertaining​ debate. I’m in a unique situation as I grew up in Florence, SC as a Clemson fan. Over the last decade I’ve had to allow my allegiance to every professional sports team to die so that I could cover the sports with an unbiased eye. However, Clemson fell in a "gray area" and by "gray area" I mean I’m not giving up my first sports crush, the Clemson Tigers.

All that being said, to point to the fact that I’ve watched every pass Deshaun Watson threw in college and maybe just as important, I saw how he handled the competition when he arrived at Clemson. Jim Kelly’s nephew, Chad Kelly was suppose to be the heir apparent following the Tajh Boyd years. In April of 2014, Kelly was dismissed from Clemson, Watson had arrived to Clemson in January of 2014. Throughout the entire process, Watson went the extra mile to be a part of the QB competition. He was calm, collected and determined.

I also remember Deshaun Watson returning to play Clemson’s chief rival the South Carolina Gamecocks…with a torn ACL. This kid will do whatever it takes to be great. I don’t believe 2017 is prime for Watson. Let him learn, develop and reward Tom Savage for having more knowledge in this offense than anyone in Houston not named Bill O’Brien. Best case scenario, Savage has a great season, Texans can look at franchise and trade value if Savage boosts his stock that high or they could let him walk and receive upwards of a third round comp pick in 2019.

The Texans have one of the best contingency plans in the NFL at the quarterback position. You lose that if you start Watson week 1. There’s no going back to Savage in 2017 if he’s benched for Watson. O’Brien was sold as a QB guru, why would the guys who hired O’Brien not see if there was truth to the reasoning behind his hiring? O’Brien personally worked out Savage his first year as the Texans head coach at Pitt’s pro day. He’s groomed him for three years for this moment.

Oh, some will say that a 4th round pick that was selected 135th overall isn’t high enough in the draft to truly gauge how well O’Brien developed his ability due to lack of upside. First off, Dak Prescott was drafted in the 4th round, and to be more specific, he was also the 135th pick overall. Second, Savage was billed as the prototypical, big arm quarterback that will stand in the pocket and look down the barrel of the gun and deliver. He’s also seen the coming and going of Ryan Fitzpatrick, Brian Hoyer, Ryan Mallett and Brock Osweiler. What did that quartet have in common besides playing in Houston with Savage? They were turnover machines. Savage saw in QB meetings how O’Brien treats turnovers from his QBs. Savage can run the Texans offense exactly the way O’Brien wants him to. Ball control, run first, limit turnovers and chances. Watson is more in a developmental phase with an almost unlimited upside.

Avante
08-17-2017, 09:05 PM
Tom Savage will be holding a clipboard by Turkeyday.

benefactor
08-22-2017, 03:19 PM

That's that. We'll see if Savage takes advantage of it.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-22-2017, 06:40 PM

At least you'll get a premium draft pick next year. Hmm... OL? TE? Secondary?

Avante
08-23-2017, 01:52 AM
I was going to post Watson vs Savage NCAA stats, (why they are here) then I saw Savages stats, hahahaha~~~~~ Trust me, talk about a no contest, its all Watson there.

It will take 6-7 weeks before Savage proves he is that guy with a 56.8 NCAA comp %. Two totally different talent levels here.

Trill Clinton
08-24-2017, 03:01 PM

watson will be starter by week 6.

DeadlyDynasty
08-25-2017, 11:20 PM
It all depends...Houston's schedule is pretty favorable at first glance. If they're 4-2 at the bye then you keep Savage in. Maybe even 3-3 if Savage plays well. Anything less then you gotta go with watson

djohn2oo8
08-26-2017, 09:02 AM
lol like Savage's injury prone ass is going to make it a full game.

benefactor
08-26-2017, 01:04 PM
It all depends...Houston's schedule is pretty favorable at first glance. If they're 4-2 at the bye then you keep Savage in. Maybe even 3-3 if Savage plays well. Anything less then you gotta go with watson
Yeah getting through the first few weeks will be the key. Schedule starts rough but gets a lot easier after the bye with the exception of the game in Seattle. I agree that anything less than .500 would be cause for replacement. 7-1 is doable in the last 8 games.

Pelicans78
08-26-2017, 10:08 PM
Watson looked terrible. Could have 3-4 more picks and looks terrible in the pocket.

Darth_Pelican
08-26-2017, 10:18 PM
Went to the game; left at halftime to find the fight. Texans offense is anemic no matter who the starting QB is. Looks like a long season for the Texans.

benefactor
08-26-2017, 11:58 PM
^tbh...:depressed

Avante
08-29-2017, 06:23 PM
How in the hell can the NFL play any "preseason" game right now between two Texas teams? Are you kidding me?

It should be....ok guys take a few days off and do what you can at home/family.

Fabbs
08-31-2017, 11:23 PM
How in the hell can the NFL play any "preseason" game right now between two Texas teams? Are you kidding me?

It should be....ok guys take a few days off and do what you can at home/family.
I'm waiting to see what happens to Houston's Sept 10th home opener.
I suppose it may be reasoned that since football is Texas' largest religion that it could have some therapeutic value along with keeping some sense of normalcy.
The Saints were certainly therapeutic for some New Orleans residents when they bowled after Rita.

benefactor
09-04-2017, 06:03 PM
The Texans were never going to lose the opener. Even if they don't score much, the Jags offense is even worse.

The test will be the first five/six weeks. Survive that and perhaps that hurricane lightning in a bottle might carry them to a playoff run.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-04-2017, 08:29 PM
The Texans were never going to lose the opener. Even if they don't score much, the Jags offense is even worse.

The test will be the first five/six weeks. Survive that and perhaps that hurricane lightning in a bottle might carry them to a playoff run.
If they can't play in Houston due to Harvey... they can't play in Jacksonville due to Irma... where do they go?

spurraider21
09-13-2017, 04:50 PM
:lmao Cushing

Trill Clinton
09-13-2017, 05:09 PM

benefactor
09-13-2017, 05:48 PM
Fuck everything

Chinook
09-13-2017, 06:03 PM
:lmao Cushing

I'm actually hella impressed that he's still in the league. I wonder how likely it was at all that the three USC LBs coming out that year remain productive players

spurraider21
09-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Cleveland feels pretty good right now. Houston looked like trash and the Browns own their first and second round picks.

Overall Cleveland has 2 first round pick a, 3 second round picks, 1 third, 2 fourths, 2 fifths, and 2 sixths

If Kizer shows well... They'll be in decent shape

weebo
09-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Fuck everything

Sorry about your boy Savage. He doing ok? :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
09-14-2017, 02:54 AM
Houston is a mega dumpster fire this year, like 2013. I actually think they win tomorrow, but if they don't, :lmao

Go Bungles tbh

Holden_Caulfield
09-19-2017, 04:15 PM
so jaelen strong, how bad has he been. what was he supposed to be? jags just claimed him

UNT Eagles 2016
09-19-2017, 11:06 PM
so jaelen strong, how bad has he been. what was he supposed to be? jags just claimed him
He's a decent possession receiver but he has no speed

Trill Clinton
10-29-2017, 06:38 PM

https://images.rapgenius.com/1cf4bfa36730eba3b11f802f762ac09e.300x225x196.gif

benefactor
10-29-2017, 10:43 PM
He's the truth. Crow has never tasted so good.

Avante
10-29-2017, 11:19 PM
They FINALLY have a QB, now when Cushing, Watt return and another draft/free agents....hmmmm?

benefactor
10-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Now Christian Covington is gone for the season too.:lol

Houston doesn't need to worry too much about their record this year. Just get Watson the experience, shore up the secondary/Oline in the offseason and bring a healthy squad back next year.

unleashbaynes
10-30-2017, 01:15 PM
Yeah this kid is gonna be a top 5 QB next year. Crazy how banged up their defense is now that they have him.

Clipper Nation
10-30-2017, 02:17 PM
Bill O'Brien must be the happiest man in Houston today. Thanks to the Astros, everyone's already forgotten about his pussy playcalling that cost the Texans a win.

RGMCSE
10-30-2017, 05:37 PM
They FINALLY have a QB, now when Cushing, Watt return and another draft/free agents....hmmmm?

All I see is an RGIII clone. If he had Andy Ried as his coach I'd be more intrigued but lets not get all hot and bothered over a rookie QB basically getting lucky on a few deep balls. Seattle's defense is on the down slope and they still sacked and picked him off multiple times. Watson is a one read option QB. I like his potential though and it would be cool if he improved on reading defenses and not telegraphing every pass. His athleticism gets him out of trouble sometimes but he'll have to be a more cerebral QB or else he's going to be starting for the browns in a couple of years. Any decent defense that can cover will have a field day with this kid as he holds the ball forever and or makes bad decisions on the regular. Having said all that I'd still take him over bortles.

unleashbaynes
10-30-2017, 08:49 PM
All I see is an RGIII clone. If he had Andy Ried as his coach I'd be more intrigued but lets not get all hot and bothered over a rookie QB basically getting lucky on a few deep balls. Seattle's defense is on the down slope and they still sacked and picked him off multiple times. Watson is a one read option QB. I like his potential though and it would be cool if he improved on reading defenses and not telegraphing every pass. His athleticism gets him out of trouble sometimes but he'll have to be a more cerebral QB or else he's going to be starting for the browns in a couple of years. Any decent defense that can cover will have a field day with this kid as he holds the ball forever and or makes bad decisions on the regular. Having said all that I'd still take him over bortles.

If he played for the jags you'd lick his balls. Just stop. I've literally watched him go through progressions and make the right throw, at the right time, on the money, over and over. The kid is amazing and will only get better. Leagues better than RGKnee.

RGMCSE
10-31-2017, 12:27 AM
If he played for the jags you'd lick his balls. Just stop. I've literally watched him go through progressions and make the right throw, at the right time, on the money, over and over. The kid is amazing and will only get better. Leagues better than RGKnee.

I clearly said I liked his potential and would take him over Bortles dumbass. Don’t get butt hurt because I call like I see it. His a decent run threat option qb. RgIII performed beautifully in his rookie season with all that option and misdirection bull shit. But when it was time to grow up and read a defense and play qb like a grown man he faltered. Watson can avoid that if he cuts the read option dependency and reads through a defense and multiple route progressions. Right now he’s throwing to open receivers and he’s clearly waiting a long time for those we to get open. That time will not be there against more stout defenses. He will need to be able to anticipate the wr and make timely throws. This is something he struggled with in college and made mistakes. The Texans don’t have a great pass blocking oline and he’ll be hurt running around. It’s a matter of time before opposing defensises key in on his tendencies and make him look foolish. But if his coaches coach him up and build around that line he might be pretty good. It’s not surprising when young athletic run oriented qbs come in and have early success. Even Blake Bortles threw 35 passes in essentially his rookie season. It eventually if they don’t adjust they usually always fail.

benefactor
10-31-2017, 05:59 PM
Houston dumped Duane Brown for Jeremy Lane and a 5th and a 2nd round pick. Not a bad deal for Houston at all. They badly need to shore up the secondary and getting a second along with that is a nice return for still good but malcontented, aging lineman.

benefactor
10-31-2017, 06:22 PM
So Jeremy Lane failed his physical...now a 3rd round pick has been added to the trade instead of a 5th. So a 3rd next year and a 2nd the year after. Still a nice haul.:tu

Clipper Nation
10-31-2017, 06:26 PM
Watson has played well so far, but a lot of these young read-option QBs get exposed once the league has enough tape on them. Only time will tell if the hype is justified.

unleashbaynes
10-31-2017, 06:27 PM
I clearly said I liked his potential and would take him over Bortles dumbass. Don’t get butt hurt because I call like I see it. His a decent run threat option qb. RgIII performed beautifully in his rookie season with all that option and misdirection bull shit. But when it was time to grow up and read a defense and play qb like a grown man he faltered. Watson can avoid that if he cuts the read option dependency and reads through a defense and multiple route progressions. Right now he’s throwing to open receivers and he’s clearly waiting a long time for those we to get open. That time will not be there against more stout defenses. He will need to be able to anticipate the wr and make timely throws. This is something he struggled with in college and made mistakes. The Texans don’t have a great pass blocking oline and he’ll be hurt running around. It’s a matter of time before opposing defensises key in on his tendencies and make him look foolish. But if his coaches coach him up and build around that line he might be pretty good. It’s not surprising when young athletic run oriented qbs come in and have early success. Even Blake Bortles threw 35 passes in essentially his rookie season. It eventually if they don’t adjust they usually always fail.

RG3 and Watson aren't comparable. At all. Other than skin color of course.

I'd say the style of offense is more comparable to what the Eagles do.

Avante
10-31-2017, 08:07 PM
Watson has played well so far, but a lot of these young read-option QBs get exposed once the league has enough tape on them. Only time will tell if the hype is justified.

A lot........??? Who?

RGMCSE
11-01-2017, 03:59 PM
RG3 and Watson aren't comparable. At all. Other than skin color of course.

I'd say the style of offense is more comparable to what the Eagles do.

Im talking about how they both impressed and excelled in their rookie seasons. Don't get me wrong Watson is looking very good for what hes doing right now. My comparison comes in when you acknowledge the fact that the offense is a simple one to defend due to the fact the QB is not running a complex offense. All hes being asked to do is make one read and hand off or pass to his main target on a given play call. The real question is what will Watson do when that main pass option is covered and the running lanes are plugged. Will he resort to running or will he be able to know where the holes are at in the secondary due to reading and breaking down what the defense is showing? By the looks of it on two of his INTS against Seattle he's not reading the defense he's simply passing to the main target on the play call. This is what fucked RGIII. Once NFL defenses shut that shit down because they knew what he wanted to do RGIII could not react quickly and it cost him.

The same can be said about Kaepernick. He looked fantastic that first year and it fooled a lot of people. Mainly the 49ers them selves. They ate that shit up. Paid him a 100 mil contract, traded the true star and QB who mind you was having a career year til he got injured in Alex Smith. In comes Kaepernick with the Run/pass read option bullshit and it looked unstoppable. I remember seeing kaep pass these beautiful deep balls to wide open receivers for big gains and TD's. Sounds like Watson is going through the same thing now. What Texans fans should hope for is they Get Watson away from that style of play and have him use his athletic ability like a Steve McNair. Hes the one QB that had that shit down. Steve would scan the field read the defense tuck the ball and jog for 6 yards out of bounds. Then come back read the defense and pass for 8 yards and get the first down. All day long. If Houston lets this shit go on and believe that the NFL wont catch on, they're going to ruin the fuck out of him.

chunticakes
11-01-2017, 06:10 PM
Im talking about how they both impressed and excelled in their rookie seasons. Don't get me wrong Watson is looking very good for what hes doing right now. My comparison comes in when you acknowledge the fact that the offense is a simple one to defend due to the fact the QB is not running a complex offense. All hes being asked to do is make one read and hand off or pass to his main target on a given play call. The real question is what will Watson do when that main pass option is covered and the running lanes are plugged. Will he resort to running or will he be able to know where the holes are at in the secondary due to reading and breaking down what the defense is showing? By the looks of it on two of his INTS against Seattle he's not reading the defense he's simply passing to the main target on the play call. This is what fucked RGIII. Once NFL defenses shut that shit down because they knew what he wanted to do RGIII could not react quickly and it cost him.

The same can be said about Kaepernick. He looked fantastic that first year and it fooled a lot of people. Mainly the 49ers them selves. They ate that shit up. Paid him a 100 mil contract, traded the true star and QB who mind you was having a career year til he got injured in Alex Smith. In comes Kaepernick with the Run/pass read option bullshit and it looked unstoppable. I remember seeing kaep pass these beautiful deep balls to wide open receivers for big gains and TD's. Sounds like Watson is going through the same thing now. What Texans fans should hope for is they Get Watson away from that style of play and have him use his athletic ability like a Steve McNair. Hes the one QB that had that shit down. Steve would scan the field read the defense tuck the ball and jog for 6 yards out of bounds. Then come back read the defense and pass for 8 yards and get the first down. All day long. If Houston lets this shit go on and believe that the NFL wont catch on, they're going to ruin the fuck out of him.

Or McNabb.

Good post(s), I agree. That's what I'm scared of...having Dak regress like RGKnee did. Fortunately he moves around looking to pass before anything else, tbh.

RGMCSE
11-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Or McNabb.

Good post(s), I agree. That's what I'm scared of...having Dak regress like RGKnee did. Fortunately he moves around looking to pass before anything else, tbh.

Dak has the fortune of having a great oline affording him time to scan the field. Another season and Dak should be able to read the defense before the play and have two passing lanes picked out in his mind. If Dak gets to that level he'll be able to play quick and smart. Dak seems like a great prospect.

djohn2oo8
12-31-2017, 05:27 PM
benefactor

Rick Smith's wife diagnosed with breast Cancer. Texans likely to replace as GM.

benefactor
12-31-2017, 07:32 PM
:lol pulling a Derek Fisher to keep from getting fired...what a fag

djohn2oo8
01-02-2018, 01:10 PM
OBrien throwing bows at Rick in his press conference.

djohn2oo8
01-02-2018, 01:12 PM

djohn2oo8
01-02-2018, 01:15 PM

djohn2oo8
01-02-2018, 02:22 PM

benefactor
01-02-2018, 05:23 PM
Of course they are.:lol

BOB has known Smith is garbage for a while now but it's damn near impossible for anything to be done about it when Daddy McNair see's Smith as the black son he never had. The elephant in the room got bigger and bigger and Smith saw an out and took it.

benefactor
01-21-2018, 11:17 AM
Vrabel gone...Crennel back to DC. Hopefully he sucks for the Tacks. Glad he helped develop the LB unit tbh.

Clipper Nation
01-21-2018, 12:33 PM
When will teams learn that hiring Patriots cronies never works?

spurraider21
01-21-2018, 04:52 PM
When will teams learn that hiring Patriots cronies never works?
worked out for alabama tbh