PDA

View Full Version : OT: ESPN House Cleaning List

Darth_Pelican
04-26-2017, 03:26 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/04/26/espn-announces-layoffs-with-100-people-reportedly-affected/?utm_term=.2a227a5a6b31

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 03:47 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/04/26/espn-announces-layoffs-with-100-people-reportedly-affected/?utm_term=.2a227a5a6b31

That's a lot of NHL and College hoops layoff.

Only somewhat recognizable NBA name is ethan Strauss..for now.

I really don't understand the economics of Sport Journalism.

But I wonder if Sport interest in general is declining.

I. Hustle
04-26-2017, 03:54 PM
Hey can we get one of them to do some actual sports talk here in SA??
I know it's not going to happen but the sports talk here sucks ass.

midnightpulp
04-26-2017, 04:01 PM
Ethan Stauss. Won't be missed. Such a fuckin' homer.

spursistan
04-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Surprised they canned Ethan Strauss especially with Warriors set to reign for next few years :wow..

spursistan
04-26-2017, 04:12 PM

Rockets and Pelicans beat reporters laid off..

dabom
04-26-2017, 04:13 PM

What about that other cuck with the fake fucking teeth.

midnightpulp
04-26-2017, 04:13 PM
That's a lot of NHL and College hoops layoff.

Only somewhat recognizable NBA name is ethan Strauss..for now.

I really don't understand the economics of Sport Journalism.

But I wonder if Sport interest in general is declining.

They have too much competition, from other cable sports channels to online outlets. Why watch ESPN for baseball, basketball, football coverage when MLB Network, NBA Network, and NFL Network slaps their shit in quality? ESPN is really only good for "hot take" shows that appeal to casuals, like First Take and that shit with Jemele Hill.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 04:14 PM

Yup.

But ESPN is turning into a Black Lives Matter ceaspool...So I dont know.

It's getting increasingly unbearable every year.

Hey, you dont like Westbrook..You must be racist. It's part of the reason why people are so reserved in terms pf critiscing his play and opting tp use extreme subtle approsches.

Its increasingly getting social and Political.

dabom
04-26-2017, 04:14 PM
Didn't Ethan write some questionable green journalism? Might have been that tbh.

spurraider21
04-26-2017, 04:17 PM
HH37 will mourn the loss of ethan strauss and his race baiting :lol

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 04:18 PM
Mobile outlets should start taking advantage of a growing shift in viewers behaviour..

I wish i can think of a way to profit from this shift...Maybe a social Media streaming sport talk?

Maybe this is why Podcast exploded. Its only audio entertainment but is so easily attained with a smartphone.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Like I know peeps IRL who would just download a podcast and listen to it on their drive to work or home.

But there's gotta be another way to profit fr this shift other than an oversaturated podcast.

Chucho
04-26-2017, 04:27 PM
ESPN is just awful. It's the CNN of sports, but a little bit better at influencing the outcomes of votes.

They should honestly drain their whole fucking swamp. The world "analyst" now means "washed up, loud mouthed athlete with shit takes and awful suits" and it sucks. And how the fuck does Stephen "Cocaine Rage" Smith still work there too? You can find a plethora of crackheads to yell dumbshit, but at least they'd be right more often than that piece of shit is.

I remember 10 years ago, PTI and Around the Horn was the only TV shows I tried making time to watch. Nowadays, I can't be bothered to care about sports much beyond the Spurs because ESPN became a cesspool in less than a decade.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 04:28 PM
That Dude from Bballbreakdown Will make a lot of money once he figures out mobile content :lol

He already has rights to show NBA material. Only a matter of time before he figures out the most profitabe way of in an internet and Mobile

Chucho
04-26-2017, 04:28 PM
Also, I used to LOVE Wilbon. Now, he is probably my second most hated person on ESPN next to SAS.

Fat fucking Carl Winslow doppleganger looking fuck.

FkLA
04-26-2017, 04:57 PM
I'm going to miss radio Ethan's House of Strauss on the TrueHoop pod. Other than that I don't care for his Warriors homerism, tbh.

FkLA
04-26-2017, 05:01 PM
Damn Trent Dilfer and Danny Kanell are pretty big names too, tbh.

DMC
04-26-2017, 05:23 PM
Oh fuck, they laid off Rufus Peabody. Now what the fuck are we going to use for the "guy no one fucking heard of"?

Fuck ESPN. I hope they burn to the ground.

Robz4000
04-26-2017, 05:23 PM
We're seeing an end of an era, gentlemen. Then again, ESPN has been on life support for a while now.

LkrFan
04-26-2017, 05:40 PM
They kept Screaming A?

Arcadian
04-26-2017, 06:31 PM
That Dude from Bballbreakdown Will make a lot of money once he figures out mobile content :lol

He already has rights to show NBA material. Only a matter of time before he figures out the most profitabe way of in an internet and Mobile

There's actually a Bball Breakdown smartphone app already.

Killakobe81
04-26-2017, 06:37 PM
They kept Screaming A?

Yup he jamelle, Kellerman wilbon, beadle jalen Rose Billups Beadle Korheiser Jay Williams Anthony Davis both Mikes etc shoud have

Killakobe81
04-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Their talent pool is shallow tbh to many former players and wannabes like SAS

DMC
04-26-2017, 06:40 PM
They kept Screaming A?

That's their money maker.

These other faggots can go suck Bill Simmons off for beer money.

Clipper Nation
04-26-2017, 06:43 PM
They kept Screaming A?
They can't fire him, that would be "racist."

midnightpulp
04-26-2017, 06:49 PM
They can't fire him, that would be "racist."

Just heard doug glanville got the axe :cry

He was articulate and didn't scream though...

DMC
04-26-2017, 06:52 PM

Nothing to scream about with baseball

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 06:54 PM

Damn.

He should join the growing more in depth online content community. It-s a growing market.

Reminds me of Video gaming Journalism. People are leaving IGN etc to focus on providing Video game journalism on mobile and other services.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 06:56 PM
Their talent pool is shallow tbh to many former players and wannabes like SAS

Yup.

The kept the cum dumpsters like Beadle and Nichols too. God knows, how many NFL and NBA dicks has blown thei load on those sluts.

Chris
04-26-2017, 07:17 PM
They kept Screaming A?

Meal ticket. He's their ace in the hole :lol

midnightpulp
04-26-2017, 07:34 PM
Nothing to scream about with baseball

HIS OPS IS ONLY 7FIDDY MAX! YOU THINK HE GONNA GET MOVED UP IN THE LINEUP WITH A 36% CHASE RATE! HIS RANGE FACTOR NINE IS A DEPLORABLE 3.5. AND HERE YOU ARE, ADVOCATING HE GET THE NOD OVER CESPEDES. YOU KIDDING ME MAX! C'MON, SON. YOU KNOW BETTER THAN DIS!

midnightpulp
04-26-2017, 07:36 PM
Damn.

He should join the growing more in depth online content community. It-s a growing market.

Reminds me of Video gaming Journalism. People are leaving IGN etc to focus on providing Video game journalism on mobile and other services.

Yeah, ESPN can't compete content wise with Fangraphs, Hardball Times, BBallBreakdown, BeyondtheBoxScore and the like. Smart writers and analysts will have no trouble finding work. It's obvious ESPN wants to focus on soap opera shit now anyway.

DMC
04-26-2017, 07:48 PM
HIS OPS IS ONLY 7FIDDY MAX! YOU THINK HE GONNA GET MOVED UP IN THE LINEUP WITH A 36% CHASE RATE! HIS RANGE FACTOR NINE IS A DEPLORABLE 3.5. AND HERE YOU ARE, ADVOCATING HE GET THE NOD OVER CESPEDES. YOU KIDDING ME MAX! C'MON, SON. YOU KNOW BETTER THAN DIS!

But is he a cornball brotha?

TheCultOfPersonality
04-26-2017, 07:49 PM
Well the good news is that Britt McHenry kept her job. :tu

IronMexican
04-26-2017, 08:33 PM
Mike and Mike need to make this list.

Clay Travis isnt that great, but he's miles better than Mike and Mike.

Chris
04-26-2017, 09:05 PM
DnsKVYWh5e8

spurraider21
04-26-2017, 09:33 PM
DnsKVYWh5e8:lol "the truth" coming from a 9/11 truther
:lol ties this into bathrooms

Down Under
04-26-2017, 09:46 PM
They should sack every NBA analyst/announcer bar Amin Elhassan, Windhorst, Lowe, Doug Collins, Van Gundy and LeBatard (even though he's not really an NBA guy). The lot.

Killakobe81
04-26-2017, 10:44 PM
Yup.

The kept the cum dumpsters like Beadle and Nichols too. God knows, how many NFL and NBA dicks has blown thei load on those sluts.
:lol

Splits
04-27-2017, 02:08 AM
I would have sex with Jade McCarthy

ViceCity86
04-27-2017, 03:03 AM
ESPN going "Black" hasn't turn out well.

RGMCSE
04-27-2017, 08:52 AM
ESPN going "Black" hasn't turn out well.

Its like outsourcing. It never ends well.

Trill Clinton
04-27-2017, 09:24 AM
There are a lot of white tears in this thread and on twitter. I thought espn sucked? I didn't know these layoffs would bring out all these feelings from people who didn't lose their job.

offset formation
04-27-2017, 10:31 AM
Yup.

But ESPN is turning into a Black Lives Matter ceaspool...So I dont know.

It's getting increasingly unbearable every year.

Hey, you dont like Westbrook..You must be racist. It's part of the reason why people are so reserved in terms pf critiscing his play and opting tp use extreme subtle approsches.

Its increasingly getting social and Political.

Go away.

Darth_Pelican
04-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Well the good news is that Britt McHenry kept her job. :tu

Nope, she got canned too.

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Their current direction is simply a biproduct of their direction the decided to go to of being sensationalist bullshit instead of sports programming. Their obsession with lebron, tebow, manziel etc. The latter two were mediocre at best. They haven't made a good nba hire in forever either, but that's probably because everyone has to tip toe around hurting lebron and curry's feelings. The highlights of that network were ATH in the early years, PTIs still funny at times but not as good as it used to be.

Darth_Pelican
04-27-2017, 11:24 AM
The absolute worst show on ESPN:

http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/NCS_ESPN-Sportscenter-6-SC6_0007-1024x618.jpg

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2017, 11:42 AM
The absolute worst show on ESPN:

http://www.newscaststudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/NCS_ESPN-Sportscenter-6-SC6_0007-1024x618.jpg

who keeps watching them? They've had like 3 shows now

spurraider21
04-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Their current direction is simply a biproduct of their direction the decided to go to of being sensationalist bullshit instead of sports programming. Their obsession with lebron, tebow, manziel etc. The latter two were mediocre at best. They haven't made a good nba hire in forever either, but that's probably because everyone has to tip toe around hurting lebron and curry's feelings. The highlights of that network were ATH in the early years, PTIs still funny at times but not as good as it used to be.this. not to mention, sportscenter used to be a big deal... but youtube has replaced the need for it

plus, who the hell tunes into ESPN on tv if they want breaking sports news, everything online is faster

unleashbaynes
04-27-2017, 12:29 PM
ESPN never adjusted to the digital era. Sportscenter used to be cool because you'd be seeing the highlights for the first time and the anchors were always very charismatic and likeable. Then we started being able to just watch it on our computers and phones and SC had to start bringing in all sorts of "analysts" to break down what had happened during such and such play during such and such game. Some of those guys were pretty good, some sucked.

ESPN then decided that they needed to boost ratings by having more "debate" style shows. At first, shows like Around the Horn and PTI were good shows, because these were good sports writers from around the country giving their takes on whatever was going on in the world of sports. I used to love ATH.

Then Stephen A and Skip started their little show, and although they were saying things that turned a lot of people off, the formula of "you be 100% this way and i'll be 100% that way on every single issue" got views and got people talking about whatever crazy thing they'd said that day.

During the same time, Disney ruined Monday Night Football by moving from ABC to ESPN. They overloaded the set with too many analysts and it got to be a bunch of dudes shouting at each other rather than football breakdown.

Also, ESPN would let left-leaning people like SAS, Jemele and Michael express polutical views, but when a guy like Curt Schilling(whom i don't agree with btw) tried to do the same thing he was reprimanded and eventually fired. The difference being, he was actually a great baseball analyst, while the other 3 i mentioned have trash ass sports takes.

Long post, but kinda sums up how ESPN fell off in my view.

DMC
04-27-2017, 03:57 PM
Their problem is that they try to make the news instead of report on it. They aren't alone. Whomever does their marketing ideas, website design and lineups needs to be fired. They fucked their website over a few years ago and it's never been worth a fuck since. All that "Heat Index" shit and pages where specific cities had individual homer reporting on the big market teams really made ESPN out to be nothing more than a Walmart for sport news fixes 24/7 on multiple stages. Just because a website allows 20 substories doesn't mean Tebow's dog's pregnancy is news. It doesn't mean anything to do with politics has any place on a sports forum unless it's the POTUS throwing out a pitch or whatever, but the liberal ownership bet the farm on using their platforms to sway public opinion, so they get what they deserve.

Fuck them.

Biernutz
04-27-2017, 06:51 PM
ESPN Who cares....they should lop off another 400 of the "talent"

Kyle Orton
04-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Dan Patrick pulled the first brick out 10 years ago, and it's been crumbling ever since.

midnightpulp
04-27-2017, 09:22 PM
For ESPN to survive as a cable channel and a brand, they need to rebuild their brand around a couple of good "hot take" shows that just focus on sports. Don't bring on idiot guests like Lil' Wayne, DJ Khaled, and the like. No one wants to hear their dipshit opinions. Don't shoehorn politics into any of the debates. People retreat to sports to get away from politics. After that, the next property they need to focus on is their 30 for 30 series. They should be producing a new 30 minute one each week and a new full length one each month. Outside the Lines is another excellent show (when it doesn't travel into the political) that could be their big third IP. After that, just keep it business as usual, showing a variety of live sporting events.

I also think they need to shitcan analyzing and breaking games down. Like I said, ESPN just can't compete on that end with networks that are devoted to a single sport (MLB Network, NFL Network, etc).

They might also want to look into a starting an On-Demand streaming service, like WWE did, where they can put up vintage Sportscenter episodes and old games. Be kind of neat to relive how the reporting unfolded on your favorite sports moments.

Mark Celibate
04-27-2017, 11:12 PM
ESPN never adjusted to the digital era. Sportscenter used to be cool because you'd be seeing the highlights for the first time and the anchors were always very charismatic and likeable. Then we started being able to just watch it on our computers and phones and SC had to start bringing in all sorts of "analysts" to break down what had happened during such and such play during such and such game. Some of those guys were pretty good, some sucked.

ESPN then decided that they needed to boost ratings by having more "debate" style shows. At first, shows like Around the Horn and PTI were good shows, because these were good sports writers from around the country giving their takes on whatever was going on in the world of sports. I used to love ATH.

Then Stephen A and Skip started their little show, and although they were saying things that turned a lot of people off, the formula of "you be 100% this way and i'll be 100% that way on every single issue" got views and got people talking about whatever crazy thing they'd said that day.

During the same time, Disney ruined Monday Night Football by moving from ABC to ESPN. They overloaded the set with too many analysts and it got to be a bunch of dudes shouting at each other rather than football breakdown.

Also, ESPN would let left-leaning people like SAS, Jemele and Michael express polutical views, but when a guy like Curt Schilling(whom i don't agree with btw) tried to do the same thing he was reprimanded and eventually fired. The difference being, he was actually a great baseball analyst, while the other 3 i mentioned have trash ass sports takes.

Pretty much this.

I canceled my electric Jew service years ago since everything is online on YouTube now. IF I even want to watch the highlights of an NBA game, for example, there's a ton of guys who just upload 10 min highlight segments of each one. So I pretty much feel like I just watched the whole thing without the boring parts

I also think they need to shitcan analyzing and breaking games down. Like I said, ESPN just can't compete on that end with networks that are devoted to a single sport (MLB Network, NFL Network, etc).

They might also want to look into a starting an On-Demand streaming service, like WWE did, where they can put up vintage Sportscenter episodes and old games. Be kind of neat to relive how the reporting unfolded on your favorite sports moments.

DING DING DING!

Their analysis brings absolutely nothing to the table. NBA on TNT is 100X better (even though Shaq has made it worse) than ESPN bringing a different house n*gga each week who stutters through his vanilla takes tbh

Biernutz
04-28-2017, 12:54 AM
ESPN "ESPYS" . Bruce Jenner the most courageous athlete of the year......LOL

unleashbaynes
04-28-2017, 07:47 AM
ESPN "ESPYS" . Bruce Jenner the most courageous athlete of the year......LOL

Ugh. What a horribly low point for a once proud network.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2017, 10:02 AM

I tuned into ath recently, 4 women. I don't mind Jackie mac cause she at least has been around for awhile. But the other three were trash.

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2017, 10:03 AM

I tuned into ath recently, 4 women. I don't mind Jackie mac cause she at least has been around for awhile. But the other three were trash.

DMC
04-28-2017, 10:13 AM
The writing here is as good as most ESPN shit. That's a fact.

DMC
04-28-2017, 10:34 AM
i wish i could go home and turn on espn, knowing that some track meet or cricket match or baseball game or wrestling match or other random competition would be on, at any time ... i would keep the tv on and tuned to the channel at all times

I noticed you never mentioned povertyball.

unleashbaynes
04-28-2017, 11:09 AM
maybe if they broadcasted actual ... sports ... instead of people talking about sports ... one might be more inclined to watch

Well that's kind of a problem for them.....they overpaid for rights to broadcast the major sports.

DD
04-28-2017, 11:22 AM
I'm going to miss Ed Werder reporting about the latest Dallas Cowboys arrest

spursistan
04-28-2017, 05:03 PM

Marc Stein let go, too..

This is pretty obvious with these massive NBA layoffs: Woj is going to ESPN soon on a max contract..I heard that rumor..They don't need his poor man's..

https://deadspin.com/sources-adrian-wojnarowski-is-close-to-joining-espn-1791830016

dabom
04-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Doesn't this guy have an NBA MVP vote?

apalisoc_9
04-28-2017, 05:31 PM

Marc Stein let go, too..

This is pretty obvious with these massive NBA layoffs: Woj is going to ESPN soon on a max contract..I heard that rumor..They don't need his poor man's..

https://deadspin.com/sources-adrian-wojnarowski-is-close-to-joining-espn-1791830016

Stein was alwayd second best to Woj but no one is third in this race. Huge decision.

I fear ESPN's way of approaching basketball will be kardashian level fake narratives. Just crazy.

But I think its an opportunity for fox.

spursistan
04-28-2017, 06:16 PM
Stein was alwayd second best to Woj but no one is third in this race. Huge decision.

I fear ESPN's way of approaching basketball will be kardashian level fake narratives. Just crazy.

But I think its an opportunity for fox.

They canned Stein and the whole truehoop network and maybe more in the coming dys..Looks like something bigger afoot, which as I suspect will be Woj and the Vertical crew coming in, maybe behind a paywall..

apalisoc_9
04-28-2017, 06:21 PM
They canned Stein and the whole truehoop network and maybe more in the coming dys..Looks like something bigger afoot, which as I suspect will be Woj and the Vertical crew coming in, maybe behind a paywall..

Never thought of it that way. I dont like the vertical crew. Woj is the best at scoops but their articles and "opinions" are all designed to get clicks. They never have any in depth analysis.

Spurtacular
04-28-2017, 07:31 PM
The cucks are safe.

StrengthAndHonor
04-28-2017, 07:51 PM
They don't need most of the NBA dudes, they have the GOAT when it comes to breaking NBA news. They still need to get rid of Jemele Hill. Affirmative action hire is so 2001.

DMC
04-28-2017, 08:48 PM
:lol "Insider"
:lol "Outsider"

spursistan
04-28-2017, 09:10 PM

Leetonidas
04-28-2017, 09:15 PM
Damn. Ford, Stein, Thorpe, and Abbott all axed? Times must be tough over at ESPN

Trainwreck2100
04-28-2017, 09:20 PM

a paywall does nothing, people retweet him in a matter of seconds

apalisoc_9
04-28-2017, 09:21 PM
Has a black dude been fired yet at all?

Looks like they kept all the personalities....guys who focus solely on narratives and storylines.

Westbrook is going to win 3 straight mvps now :lol

Robz4000
04-29-2017, 12:57 AM
Damn, actually like Stein, Ford, and Abbott. They got rid of the few remaining good parts while keeping all the awful personalities. Pretty clear where ESPN's priorities lie now.

midnightpulp
04-29-2017, 01:15 AM
Damn, actually like Stein, Ford, and Abbott. They got rid of the few remaining good parts while keeping all the awful personalities. Pretty clear where ESPN's priorities lie now.

If I were an exec at ESPN, I'd probably do the same. ESPN's most valuable shows these days are hot take debate shows and social media connected highlight shows, like Sportsnation. No reason for them to focus on analysis when there's like 50 million different options for sports fans out there, namely the networks and sites that are sport specific.

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2017, 01:32 AM
most of those shows, don't even talk about the game, even when they do....they talk like for 2mins then change the subject to some clown whose not playing that night or not even relevant

Robz4000
04-29-2017, 02:00 AM
If I were an exec at ESPN, I'd probably do the same. ESPN's most valuable shows these days are hot take debate shows and social media connected highlight shows, like Sportsnation. No reason for them to focus on analysis when there's like 50 million different options for sports fans out there, namely the networks and sites that are sport specific.

Problem is these days those shows hardly talk sports anymore anyway; it's all geared towards agendas being pushed. I'm sick tuning in only to hear about what some sports figure did off the field that doesn't have anything to do with actual sports and why the current talking head(s) are for or against it. I wouldn't care so much if the other alternatives weren't also following in the same boat or were shitty knockoff's like FS1 has turned out to be.

DMC
04-29-2017, 11:49 AM
Hollinger looks like a genius now.

DMC
04-29-2017, 11:53 AM
most of those shows, don't even talk about the game, even when they do....they talk like for 2mins then change the subject to some clown whose not playing that night or not even relevant
NBA on TNT is getting that way as well. They'll spend the 1st 20 seconds talking about the game at the half then they'll get off on Lebron or some other person more popular and that will take up the rest of the show. I see some changes coming there as well. I'd like to see Shaq gone, his slot should be rotated with the latest retired great player until they find someone interesting.

Kenny and Chuck have just enough shuckin' and jivin' and they keep it clearly in their own lanes. Others come in and you have no idea what their schtick is. Shaq just stares at the camera, it's unnerving. Ernie is the best.

myhc
04-29-2017, 12:21 PM
Amin Elhassen, Rachel Nichols next pretty please. Still piles of garbage on top of piles of garbage there but these 2 stick out.

Chris
04-29-2017, 01:37 PM
NBA on TNT is getting that way as well. They'll spend the 1st 20 seconds talking about the game at the half then they'll get off on Lebron or some other person more popular and that will take up the rest of the show. I see some changes coming there as well. I'd like to see Shaq gone, his slot should be rotated with the latest retired great player until they find someone interesting.

Kenny and Chuck have just enough shuckin' and jivin' and they keep it clearly in their own lanes. Others come in and you have no idea what their schtick is. Shaq just stares at the camera, it's unnerving. Ernie is the best.

TNT HQ is located in the CNN (fake news) center. CNN is an asset of Ted Turner. The propaganda starts at the top and is distributed through TNT, CNN, HLN, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang (:lol), and TruTV. The hosts have producers yelling in their ear what to say and when to stop saying it. Unnerving is an outstanding adjective to describe the entertainment industry.

Chris
04-29-2017, 01:41 PM
http://www.frankwbaker.com/The%20big%20picture.jpg

The Propaganda Network

04-29-2017, 05:18 PM
Cable is dead

FkLA
04-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Is the TrueHoop podcast dead bc of the layoffs? Haven't seen a new episode uploaded in a couple days. They would always upload daily.

apalisoc_9
04-30-2017, 02:41 AM
Is the TrueHoop podcast dead bc of the layoffs? Haven't seen a new episode uploaded in a couple days. They would always upload daily.

They're done.

Kawhi is going to be forever underrated now.

The few people that understood kawhi are gone.

What's left are the westbrooks of the worlds.

absoloot66
04-30-2017, 09:48 AM
i wish i could go home and turn on espn, knowing that some track meet or cricket match or baseball game or wrestling match or other random competition would be on, at any time ... i would keep the tv on and tuned to the channel at all times

I think this is an under-appreciated fact. I still have fond memories of early ESPN when they'd feature obscure-to-me sports such as tractor-pulls, Australian-rules football, collegiate Greco-Roman wrestling, etc. Also loved the CFL games around the holidays. As the Mothership grew, they seem to have sold themselves out to the major sports. Going back to their roots a little could help to differentiate themselves from their competition as well as bring back hardcore sports viewers.

ViceCity86
04-30-2017, 03:18 PM
We are the Gays
We are the Blacks
We are the ones who make a darker day
So let's become gay

We got First Take
Broadcast our show in an all White town
Yet we got Blacks on the set all around

We got Black racist on Sportscenter
We're always right
And we are anti-White

We got LZ and Izzy
Their gayness might make U dizzy
More Gay ham
Here's Michael Sam

When you're Gay or Black
There seems no hope at all
But if you just believe
There's no way we can fall

Black chorus sings: Woooooooooooooooooo!

We are the Gays
We are the Blacks
So let's all become gay

There's a gay choice we're making
We're saving Black lives
It's true we'll make it a Liberal Day
Just you and me

We are the Gays
We are the Blacks
We are Espn

Chris
04-30-2017, 03:39 PM
We are the Gays
We are the Blacks
So let's become gay

We got First Take
Broadcast our show in an all White town
Yet we got Blacks on the set all around

We got Black racist on Sportscenter
We're always right
And we are anti-White

We got LZ and Izzy
Their gayness might make U dizzy
More Gay ham
Here's Michael Sam

When you're Gay or Black
There seems no hope at all
But if you just believe
There's no way we can fall

Black chorus sings: Woooooooooooooooooo!

We are the Gays
We are the Blacks
So let's all become gay

There's a gay choice we're making
We're saving Black lives
It's true we'll make it a Liberal Day
Just you and me

We are the Gays
We are the Blacks
We are Espn

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F7rj2Zgt tvgomY%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1

HarlemHeat37
04-30-2017, 04:51 PM
I don't understand the outrage over this shit, tbh:lol..I've heard of 2 people on this list(Stein and Ford, IIRC)..since when do any of you actually care about ESPN's content? You haven't had to rely on them for sports coverage in a minute..it's 2017, you have access to the entire internet, you can personalize your own content:lol

It's like people who complain about today's music..

Mark Celibate
04-30-2017, 09:27 PM
Has a black dude been fired yet at all?

Looks like they kept all the personalities....guys who focus solely on narratives and storylines.

Westbrook is going to win 3 straight mvps now :lol

Have you forgotten who runs ESPN?

http://www.dailystormer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Le-Happy-Merchant-Question-Mark.gif

http://incogman.net/2015/06/greedy-disney-jew-replaces-american-workers/

jimbo
05-01-2017, 12:47 AM
I actually read the college football articles so the loss of max olson is a bummer. He was a lot better than david ubben. I'm assuming they're just nuking all of those conference blogs or just hiring interns to do it

ESPN is getting outta the journalism business. Not as profitable as the first take business

gambit1990
05-01-2017, 04:13 PM
espn is signing woj and some of his team:

Last week, ESPN cut some of its reporters and on-air personnel. But the sports programmer is also hiring: It has finalized a deal to hire Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo’s star NBA reporter.
https://www.recode.net/2017/5/1/15503674/espn-sports-adrian-wojnarowski-woj-yahoo

FkLA
05-06-2017, 05:17 PM
TrueHoop podcast is back atleast. Probably the only thing I was really going to miss. Now called The Basketball Analogy.

AaronY
05-06-2017, 06:27 PM
They have too much competition, from other cable sports channels to online outlets. Why watch ESPN for baseball, basketball, football coverage when MLB Network, NBA Network, and NFL Network slaps their shit in quality? ESPN is really only good for "hot take" shows that appeal to casuals, like First Take and that shit with Jemele Hill.
Plus why watch sportscenter in the internet age? I could find out the scores, highlights, and breakdowns I want in five minutes on a website vs slogging through a one hour program w/commercials

midnightpulp
05-07-2017, 12:57 AM
Plus why watch sportscenter in the internet age? I could find out the scores, highlights, and breakdowns I want in five minutes on a website vs slogging through a one hour program w/commercials

I'll put on one of the networks (MLB, NBA, NFL) when I multitask or on the main living room TV. I can just leave it on and don't have to click around.

Mark Celibate
05-07-2017, 07:23 AM

Yep but I don't want to crap on Sportscenter too much. I haven't had a TV in years but I remember how huge it was when I was growing up. Without YouTube, Twitter, etc SC was pretty much the first time anybody would be able to see any sort of highlight. The Malice in the Palace, for example, they would mention it if you were watching your team play because the buzz was already going throughout the league but you were waiting in anticipation for Sportscenter to come on and have Stuart Scott shuck and jive you through the highlights. Those were the days tbh

But it's definitely outdated and I think the topics they cover on there now are just politically based or irrelevant gossip. Adapt and evolve, nigga

Darth_Pelican
05-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Boomer's wife killed in a car crash. damn

DD
05-10-2017, 11:33 AM
^God laid her off

RGMCSE
05-10-2017, 12:11 PM
ESPN reports just being straight up insubordinate now. :lol

MdYs3ZFQCEI

Robz4000
05-10-2017, 09:41 PM
^God laid her off

robinlopez.gif

DMC
05-10-2017, 11:09 PM
^God laid her off

and she's not coming back back back back back back.. it's a six-back...

Mark Celibate
05-11-2017, 09:10 AM
ESPN reports just being straight up insubordinate now. :lol

MdYs3ZFQCEI

TV as a whole is just garbage. I stopped watching years ago and haven't looked back. All this sexually charged crap is being forced down our throats every episode. Here you have this one where they're openly talking about sex toys (you can even see the slutty female anchor here getting excited and even saying she wants to hear more later).

It's not just ESPN, but every station is doing this as they're all traced down to the same Jew owned conglomerate. I remember I was at a friend's house on New Year's Eve and we had the TV on when they were doing the countdown. In just ten minutes, they had a gay couple making out and some female reporter openly flirting with another male host basically hinting that she wanted to fuck.

pic somewhat related

http://ragecomics.com/-img/50ffc27eafa96f7630000170.jpg?w=600&h=454

RGMCSE
05-12-2017, 09:54 AM
TV as a whole is just garbage. I stopped watching years ago and haven't looked back. All this sexually charged crap is being forced down our throats every episode. Here you have this one where they're openly talking about sex toys (you can even see the slutty female anchor here getting excited and even saying she wants to hear more later).

It's not just ESPN, but every station is doing this as they're all traced down to the same Jew owned conglomerate. I remember I was at a friend's house on New Year's Eve and we had the TV on when they were doing the countdown. In just ten minutes, they had a gay couple making out and some female reporter openly flirting with another male host basically hinting that she wanted to fuck.

pic somewhat related

http://ragecomics.com/-img/50ffc27eafa96f7630000170.jpg?w=600&h=454

the thing is when the female reporter asks to hear more later and the dumb fuck athlete takes it literally and then she files sexual harassment.

Trainwreck2100
05-31-2017, 08:22 PM
fired John clayton today

Darth_Pelican
08-24-2017, 11:00 AM
http://nypost.com/2017/08/23/espn-radio-host-ryen-russillo-arrested-in-wyoming/

Silver&Black
08-24-2017, 02:53 PM
http://nypost.com/2017/08/23/espn-radio-host-ryen-russillo-arrested-in-wyoming/

:lmao

https://s29.postimg.org/v27xpvikn/ryan.jpg