PDA

View Full Version : Media is preparing for a Kawhi "hype" push for next season.

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 06:51 PM
Despite Harden and Westbrook crazy statistical lines, The Warriors winning close to 70 again..The Spurs playing a boring team.

The casual mainstream media's "best player in the NBA" content the last two weeks have been discussions about Kawhi being the 2nd best player and possibly eclipsing Lebron.

You heard it on TNT, First Take, Undisputed...pretty much every mainstream outlet.

I love it, but I also hate it. I really don't want this team's narrative to focus soley on Leonard. I think it breeds unsatisfied teamates.

lefty20
04-26-2017, 06:55 PM
I think it breeds unsatisfied teamates.

It would, if Klaw were the type of person to buy into his own hype.

spurraider21
04-26-2017, 07:05 PM
seems like ur the only person here that pays attention to casual mainstream media

sasaint
04-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Despite Harden and Westbrook crazy statistical lines, The Warriors winning close to 70 again..The Spurs playing a boring team.

The casual mainstream media's "best player in the NBA" content the last two weeks have been discussions about Kawhi being the 2nd best player and possibly eclipsing Lebron.

You heard it on TNT, First Take, Undisputed...pretty much every mainstream outlet.

I love it, but I also hate it. I really don't want this team's narrative to focus soley on Leonard. I think it breeds unsatisfied teamates.

I hate how Andrew Monaco ends every one of his Spurs player interviews with a leading question in gushing manner about what the player thinks about how great Kawhi is. He often asks the insulting question,"Do you ever find yourself just watching Kawhi" doing all those incredible things he does?

Hoops Czar
04-26-2017, 07:12 PM
It would, if Klaw were the type of person to buy into his own hype.

It hasn't stopped ring chasers from wanting to play with Lebron in Cleveland. I haven't heard about teammats complaining about Westbrick in OKC. But because Kawhi is gonna get some notoriety in San Antonio, teammates are going to be unsatisfied. :lol Like they would give a flying shit. The only player who might be put out is LMA, who still thinks he's more than a role player. :lol

apalisoc_9
04-26-2017, 07:18 PM
I hate how Andrew Monaco ends every one of his Spurs player interviews with a leading question in gushing manner about what the player thinks about how great Kawhi is. He often asks the insulting question,"Do you ever find yourself just watching Kawhi" doing all those incredible things he does?

I hate that.

I'm the biggest kawhi homer, but gees..

Let the players have their own moment.

But this isn't exclusive to Kawhi. It happens with every household name star.

james evans
04-26-2017, 07:20 PM
the only person who would be upset abut it is Parker.

coachmac87
04-26-2017, 07:24 PM
Great thread OP....

Had no idea you were a Kawhi Stan....

Probably the best thread out of the 2,467,689 you've created...

Somebody BOLD this man!!!! He's desperate for it

spursistan
04-26-2017, 07:29 PM
He needs to outplay Harden and get us to Western Conference Finals..Reaching that stage is a must for such narrative to start get traction.. Once there, he will have to explode and single-handedly carry us to the one game we have hope of winning vs the Dubs..

No one will fault him for losing to the most stacked team in recent NBA history; he just got to have his individual moments.

DMC
04-26-2017, 07:46 PM

Solid take. Can you expound a bit on the bolded parts?

hater
04-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Ginobili will retire next year so no worriers of poayer jealousy

TheRemix
04-26-2017, 08:04 PM
Casual fans will start to see just how great of a player kawhi is on both ends when he takes this team deep in the playoffs. Too many casuals like to just look at the stats but they don't tell the whole story. Many people are defending westbrook shooting his team out of the playoffs. "B-b-but 40 pts is 40 pts!" "What a warrior!" Even though he took like 34 shots..casual basketball fans are never going to understand that it's about efficiency not meaningless numbers. I think once kawhi gets that spotlight in the crucial games down the stretch he'll turn casuals into believers

DMC
04-26-2017, 08:29 PM
My only problem with KL is that he doesn't get into KL mode until late in the game. The rest of the time he's in "not sure" mode.

I think the system is causing him to question his ability or the team's need for him to do anything spectacular, but when the shit gets deep he goes to work. He could also be conserving energy on offense. It just seems like he's ho hum and you'll look at the middle of the 3rd, he's got like 12 points. By the middle of the 4th he's got 32 points. You're like what the fuck. Maybe by then he has enough reserve fouls and the opponent's energy is depleted enough for him to go into Godzelle mode.

dabom
04-26-2017, 08:45 PM
My only problem with KL is that he doesn't get into KL mode until late in the game. The rest of the time he's in "not sure" mode.

I think the system is causing him to question his ability or the team's need for him to do anything spectacular, but when the shit gets deep he goes to work. He could also be conserving energy on offense. It just seems like he's ho hum and you'll look at the middle of the 3rd, he's got like 12 points. By the middle of the 4th he's got 32 points. You're like what the fuck. Maybe by then he has enough reserve fouls and the opponent's energy is depleted enough for him to go into Godzelle mode.

Lets be real. Refs keep the games close when able too. They know they need to keep the game competitive. Why try to go godzilla mode for the refs to keep the game close, then lose all your energy. Refs late in the game don't follow those rules. It's true whether we like it or not.

BD24
04-26-2017, 10:42 PM
Casual fans will start to see just how great of a player kawhi is on both ends when he takes this team deep in the playoffs. Too many casuals like to just look at the stats but they don't tell the whole story. Many people are defending westbrook shooting his team out of the playoffs. "B-b-but 40 pts is 40 pts!" "What a warrior!" Even though he took like 34 shots..casual basketball fans are never going to understand that it's about efficiency not meaningless numbers. I think once kawhi gets that spotlight in the crucial games down the stretch he'll turn casuals into believers
Yep. People forget that Jerry Fucking Stackhouse averaged 30 when he was allowed to chuck to his hearts desire. Given his ball hogging was still nothing compared to this years Westbrook. Give a decent scorer enough shots and they will get to 30. It wont be pretty or efficient, but they will get their numbers and casuals will sing their praise.

BillMc
04-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Great thread OP....

Had no idea you were a Kawhi Stan....

Probably the best thread out of the 2,467,689 you've created...

Somebody BOLD this man!!!! He's desperate for it
:lol

TheGreatYacht
04-27-2017, 12:05 AM
Ginobili will retire next year so no worriers of poayer jealousy

TheDoctor
04-27-2017, 11:04 AM
Not only mainstream media, the NBA/NBATV is pushing Kawhi too. They're using him to promote the new NBA's App.

ducks
04-27-2017, 11:24 AM
The NBA promotes players not teams

$pursDynasty
04-27-2017, 11:45 AM
I remember back in the day all the talk about the Spurs not having one of the top 10 players in the league. Now the narrative has changed. What is the consensus now?
1) LBJ the king until further notice
2) KingSlayer Best two way player in the league
3) KD the former 2nd best player in the league but still among the elite two way players in the league
4) Chef Curry 2 time MVP
5) The Beard
6) Brodie (Westbrook)
7) The Brow (AD)
8) KAT Karl Anthony
9) Greek Freak
10) CP3

Honorable Mention to John Wall, Kyrie, J. Butler, PG-13, Dame, Mike Connelly and IT.

cd98
04-27-2017, 11:52 AM
Part of the reason I knew Kawhi wouldn't win the MVP is bc there has to be a year of buzz before a legit consideration is made by the media. Harden and Westbrook got the buzz last year, esp Harden.

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2017, 11:55 AM
Best "two way" players is such a fucking cop out. He plays offense and defense, that's how they're all supposed to play

TheDoctor
04-27-2017, 12:01 PM
Best "two way" players is such a fucking cop out. He plays offense and defense, that's how they're all supposed to play
Can't labeled it any other way. If not they would have to say that he's the best player and LBJ and company would cry.

Seventyniner
04-27-2017, 03:00 PM
Kawhi is just too damn good to ignore.

offset formation
04-27-2017, 03:25 PM
Solid take. Can you expound a bit on the bolded parts?

:rollin

DMC
04-27-2017, 03:32 PM
Lets be real. Refs keep the games close when able too. They know they need to keep the game competitive. Why try to go godzilla mode for the refs to keep the game close, then lose all your energy. Refs late in the game don't follow those rules. It's true whether we like it or not.

pussies and assholes blame officiating

Not Godzilla, Godzelle. Mix between God and gazelle.

spurs1990
04-27-2017, 04:52 PM
seems like ur the only person here that pays attention to casual mainstream media

Whatever happened to your thread keeping track of this guy's threads

playbonner15
04-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Wow thats really annoying

cutewizard
09-04-2017, 06:11 AM
There is a quality of Duncan and Manu that Kawhi hasnt developed yet......

szkorhetz
09-04-2017, 09:35 AM
There is a quality of Duncan and Manu that Kawhi hasnt developed yet......
Winning in the PO?

Phenomanul
09-04-2017, 11:51 AM
The mean streak to proverbially step on someone's throat...