PDA

View Full Version : OT: Ben Wallace in Today's NBA

Joseph Kony
04-27-2017, 11:17 AM
I was reading a thread upstairs about why Dedmon can't be like Big Ben :lmao but it got me wondering, how valuable would an unselfish, defensively dominant, undersized C with a very limited offensive game do in today's nba? would he be considered top 5 C? Would he even be playable in today's league?

04-27-2017, 11:36 AM
He'd average 25/15/4blks and be all nba 1st team tbh

ElNono
04-27-2017, 11:38 AM
Wasn't Bogut like that? He was pretty important for the Dubs... you just couldn't pair two of those...

unleashbaynes
04-27-2017, 12:59 PM
Bogut isn't undersized tho.

lefty
04-27-2017, 01:27 PM
He would be a great 3 pt shooter tbh

DAF86
04-27-2017, 02:09 PM
I think he would be as valuable as he was during his time. On the defensive end, he would be a more valuable Draymond Green.

Joseph Kony
04-27-2017, 03:08 PM
I think he would be as valuable as he was during his time. On the defensive end, he would be a more valuable Draymond Green.i was waiting for this comparison to come up. idk if that's true. as much as i dislike that donkey faced nut kicking faggot, outside of his scoring (which is miles ahead of Wallace) he impacts the game on an elite level on offense and defense. his ability to switch on the perimeter is top notch. when Ben was playing a lot of the damage he did was guarding the big time Cs/PFs of the early-mid 2000s, so i dont recall how well he was able to switch and guard smaller players on the perimeter

baseline bum
04-27-2017, 03:13 PM
I remember Big Ben being a monster pressing PGs in the backcourt and eating up shotclock. I'd love to have an athlete like him switching onto guards. I think he'd be pretty valuable in today's NBA. I'd certainly take him over DeAndre Jordan in a second.

ambchang
04-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Big Ben's effectiveness would likely be huge in :lol today's NBA, where team's can't shoot any mid range jumpers at all. So when he shuts down the paint, opposition will only be able to shoot from 3, which makes them very easy to defend. He would be a gigantic liability on offense though, as teams can just totally ignore him, but he can still set mean screens to free up whoever fruity three point teammate he happens to be the same team on.

Granted, I felt Ben wasn't even the best defensive Wallace on his own team (Rasheed was an extremely underrated defender, overall). What Ben was great at was his help defense, and the ability to quickly switch on the pick and roll with the ability to hang with the smaller players. Rasheed was a decent help defender, had great mobility guarding the pick and roll, and was extremely good guarding the low blocks as well.

DAF86
04-27-2017, 03:32 PM
i was waiting for this comparison to come up. idk if that's true. as much as i dislike that donkey faced nut kicking faggot, outside of his scoring (which is miles ahead of Wallace) he impacts the game on an elite level on offense and defense. his ability to switch on the perimeter is top notch. when Ben was playing a lot of the damage he did was guarding the big time Cs/PFs of the early-mid 2000s, so i dont recall how well he was able to switch and guard smaller players on the perimeter

He had great mobility on the perimeter. The defensive comparisson with Green is pretty fair. In fact, Ben was better, imho.

Raven
04-27-2017, 06:13 PM
he would make 3 pointers out of blocked shots...

04-27-2017, 06:19 PM
Donkey green is not even in the same fucking league as Big Ben tbh :lol

apalisoc_9
04-27-2017, 06:22 PM
He would probably struggle.

It was a lot easier to swith into Smaller guys in the 00 era because of poor spacing and a lack of ability to shoot three.

IronMexican
04-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Donkey green is not even in the same fucking league as Big Ben tbh :lol

:lol no

Green is a fagot, but is better at D in today's NBA and mils better on offense. Ben would be unplayable for large stretches of the game, because he would be intentionally fouled

04-27-2017, 09:31 PM
N:lol

Big Ben would eat raymond for breakfast tbh

TDMVPDPOY
04-29-2017, 01:33 AM
big ben needs to do more offensively then dunking the ball....unless his playing with a pure pg

UZER
04-29-2017, 06:31 AM
He would probably struggle.

It was a lot easier to swith into Smaller guys in the 00 era because of poor spacing and a lack of ability to shoot three.

I agwreeth.