PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge had 17 and 9 against a huge front line

GSH
04-27-2017, 11:54 PM
For a guy who took shit through a whole game thread, that's a pretty damn good line. He had a few shots that looked good, but just wouldn't fall. That happens to anyone. But if 17 and 12 is such a shit game, he can't be all bad. :tu

The Spurs have some guys who didn't look sharp in this series. That's what playing against a team like Memphis does. They turn basketball into a wrestling match. It's going to be a totally different story in the next round.

apalisoc_9
04-27-2017, 11:56 PM
Can't go soft against Houston and GSW. Needs to take it to the little guys.

TP has a tough defender on him and Kawhi has Ariza and will most likely have to defend the best offensive SG in the history of the NBA.

GSH
04-28-2017, 12:02 AM

TP has a tough defender on him and Kawhi has Ariza and will most likely have to defend the best offensive SG in the history of the NBA.

You're right. The Spurs will need him against Houston. Kawhi is going to be Kawhi. But LMA has to step up and be consistent. I don't blame him for struggling against these two beasts. But if the Spurs have any chance of moving on, LMA has to play tough against the matchups in Houston.

I would love to see Dedmon come out and bitch-slap Capela in the first game, and show him who's going to be boss for the rest of the series.

Robz4000
04-28-2017, 12:03 AM
He has to average ~22 PPG on efficient shooting the rest of the way for the Spurs to have a chance. Luckily ZBo is a great way to get ready for Donkey.

GSH
04-28-2017, 12:11 AM
Aww hell. Kawhi had 9 boards. LMA had 17 points and 12 boards.

You know, for the regular season, Houston didn't play defense for shit. What I'd really like to see is Juice playing like he did in the All Star challenge game, and the team play like the best defensive team in the league like they did all season. The Spurs are going to have to come up with some scoring from somewhere, and Simmons could put up some numbers if he's aggressive. Those dunks are the high percentage shots the Spurs will need.

ducks
04-28-2017, 12:12 AM
He needs to throw it down

BillMc
04-28-2017, 12:15 AM
Houston defense is going to be a breeze for LMA after Memphis.

pgardn
04-28-2017, 12:19 AM
2nd half he got going.

It was not a great game for him. He honestly has a tough time with guys who can move his lower body. His D is still very necessary though. He makes Pau look laterally inept.

DAF86
04-28-2017, 12:22 AM
Would love to see a shot chart but it looked like he tried to attack the basket a lot more, that's what I want to see. Anyways, he needs to up that efficiency. I'm tired of these 17 pts on 17 shots games.

Nathan89
04-28-2017, 12:24 AM
All he did was get some put backs and an easy dish from Kawhi. Dude brings nothing to the offense.

spurraider21
04-28-2017, 12:25 AM

:lol

FkLA
04-28-2017, 12:25 AM
At minimum, LMA is a really really good role player. Not the second option we thought we were getting but he's still pretty good, tbh.

Spurs 4 The Win
04-28-2017, 12:27 AM

Dex
04-28-2017, 12:29 AM

He has to average ~22 PPG on efficient shooting the rest of the way for the Spurs to have a chance. Luckily ZBo is a great way to get ready for Donkey.

All he did was get some put backs and an easy dish from Kawhi. Dude brings nothing to the offense.

ITT: People looking for a new scapegoat.

itzsoweezee
04-28-2017, 12:30 AM
He was getting mauled on every possession and still put up good numbers. He is going to beast against Houston.

Robz4000
04-28-2017, 12:39 AM

I've been pretty damn appreciative of LMA all season, dude has been a monster on D. However, they need him to be a consistent second option to realistically beat Houston/GS/Cleveland.

DAF86
04-28-2017, 12:42 AM
At minimum, LMA is a really really good role player. Not the second option we thought we were getting but he's still pretty good, tbh.

Good role players are efficient on offense, tbh. LMA's defense is good and all, but he needs to provide something more on O, tbh.

Dex
04-28-2017, 12:42 AM
I've been pretty damn appreciative of LMA all season, dude has been a monster on D. However, they need him to be a consistent second option to realistically beat Houston/GS/Cleveland.

I respectfully disagree.

Spurs need to find whoever is open to score. If Houston decides to key in on Aldridge (and they will)...go for the open option.

This series it was Parker.

Next series...who knows who it will be?

But that will be the key to winning or losing. Force-feeding Aldridge isn't the way to get playoff wins.

PopTheGOAT
04-28-2017, 12:43 AM
His numbers usually look fine, it's the plays he makes (or doesn't make) during the game that get people heated

spurraider21
04-28-2017, 12:43 AM
if he brings the same physicality against houston, it will translate to a lot of points down low

cd021
04-28-2017, 12:44 AM
We probably wouldn't have come back without him scoring 9 points in that 4 minute stretch when we were down 10 with 8 minutes left in the 3rd. :lma is coming

Robz4000
04-28-2017, 12:50 AM
I respectfully disagree.

Spurs need to find whoever is open to score. If Houston decides to key in on Aldridge (and they will)...go for the open option.

This series it was Parker.

Next series...who knows who it will be?

But that will be the key to winning or losing. Force-feeding Aldridge isn't the way to get playoff wins.

Force feeding him doesn't work, I agree, but they gotta look to get him the ball in his spots. Houston will let him shoot those long twos all series unless he goes nuclear like the last series he played against them, in which case the Spurs sweep them.

Play Boban
04-28-2017, 01:03 AM
17 points on 17 shots. Typical inefficient Aldridge tbh.

BG_Spurs_Fan
04-28-2017, 01:12 AM
Gasol and Randolph combined shot worse than Aldridge did. How's that for data.

YGWHI
04-28-2017, 01:18 AM

Not only people, the media is questioning him, too.

But Rockets' frontcourt is a whole different story, LMA should play great and beat the Capela's of world.

SAGirl
04-28-2017, 01:35 AM
Would love to see a shot chart but it looked like he tried to attack the basket a lot more, that's what I want to see. Anyways, he needs to up that efficiency. I'm tired of these 17 pts on 17 shots games.
I think most makes at the basket were O boards he grabbed and put back.
That is perfectly fine if he's being inefficient out there and his shot was not falling for the most part.
there were times he was dished to near the basket and his indecisiveness made him miss good open layups. Anyways, I hope he steps up against Houston. EAsier matchups.

SAGirl
04-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Yea.. i wouldn't trade him when Pau is looking near unplayable at times, and Lee is skilled on offense but doesn't bring LMA defense. He's the Spurs best big. He needs to step up offensively next series.

FkLA
04-28-2017, 01:53 AM

But Rockets' frontcourt is a whole different story, LMA should play great and beat the Capela's of world.

Yeah no. None of those players have been better than him. Even the smart media guys haven't caught up to how good LMA has been defensively.

YGWHI
04-28-2017, 02:00 AM
Yeah no. None of those players have been better than him. Even the smart media guys haven't caught up to how good LMA has been defensively.

Agreed. But he's the best paid on the team, with this in mind, I guess everyone expects more from him.

Anyway, he'll be great in next round. I know it.

J_Paco
04-28-2017, 02:40 AM

I'm happy I wasn't the only one to LOL to that stupid take, TBH.

When did Michael Jordan unretire, grow a beard out and join the Houston Rockets?

siraulo23
04-28-2017, 03:49 AM
This dude frustrating af to watch. 70% of the time im just thinking this dude needs to be traded then once in a while he plays with passion like its important to him

SAGirl
04-28-2017, 03:51 AM
This dude frustrating af to watch. 70% of the time im just thinking this dude needs to be traded then once in a while he plays with passion like its important to him
I agree.
only when Angry Aldridge shows up I am amazed.
http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Angry-Birds-Fight-Logo-300x267.jpg

Slippy
04-28-2017, 06:51 AM

So you get suckered in by media that doesnt notice Memphis is the most physically draining frontline & team in the nba. Then you say LA should have it great against an easier frontline in housten.

Steven a Smith loves fans like you

Sigz
04-28-2017, 06:53 AM
He's still soft and I don't trust him.

cd98
04-28-2017, 07:07 AM
Doesn't LMA have a history of destroying Houston in the playoffs?

r0drig0lac
04-28-2017, 09:37 AM
take that for data!!

MultiTroll
04-28-2017, 10:16 AM
Still can't make up mind to be soft or physical.
Saw a lot of good last night tho.

The final foul vs Connoley was pathetic D. Yes Spurfan, it was a foul. He moved into him, even if it was slight and Connoly also moved into LMA. Offense gets the call there.

What in the hell does CIA Popped have Aldridge guarding Connoley when up 6 and virtually no chance to lose other then a CIA Popped Miami 6?
Ya they switched. Whatever. Should never have come down to Aldridge on Connoly outside the arc.

bigfan
04-28-2017, 10:20 AM
I agree about Dedmon; I would love for him to get out of his funk against Houston. I'm not worried about LMA.

r0drig0lac
04-28-2017, 10:42 AM

ha ....riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

FkLA
04-28-2017, 11:08 AM

The final foul vs Connoley was pathetic D. Yes Spurfan, it was a foul. He moved into him, even if it was slight and Connoly also moved into LMA. Offense gets the call there.

What in the hell does CIA Popped have Aldridge guarding Connoley when up 6 and virtually no chance to lose other then a CIA Popped Miami 6?
Ya they switched. Whatever. Should never have come down to Aldridge on Connoly outside the arc.

His name is Conley, bro.

SnakeBoy
04-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Yeah, it's crazy to have LMA on Connerly when the game was on the line. Conroy is gonna win that battle every time. It was a ticky tack foul imo but you know the refs will always give that to Conray.

NameLess Scrub
04-28-2017, 02:46 PM
if he brings the same physicality against houston, it will translate to a lot of points down low

Or a lot of questionable fouls.

NameLess Scrub
04-28-2017, 02:59 PM

It's a foul if the shooter has to only wait for the contact. That seemed like leaning sideways to get contact, so it wasn't a foul imo, specially with all the "let the players decide the game" stuff the refs supposedly do.

I don't agree with that notion, I think the refs always decide the game due to the power they have. They should just make calls the best they can. But if we will think they'll allow a bit more at the end of games, then maybe they should refrain from letting players get cheap fouls like that.

Add to that what it looked like a fake eye poke on MGasol, and Carter falling back, and MEM was close to actually win based on cheap fouls.

Yeah, it's crazy to have LMA on Connerly when the game was on the line. Conroy is gonna win that battle every time. It was a ticky tack foul imo but you know the refs will always give that to Conray.

kobyz
04-28-2017, 03:32 PM
40yo Zbo outplayed him in this series...

UZER
04-28-2017, 03:45 PM
40yo Zbo outplayed him in this series...

Hes not outplaying him anymore.