PDA

View Full Version : Frontline hindsight

$pursDynasty
04-28-2017, 07:37 AM
In the heat of game 6 I was incensed, ZBo was destroying David Lee, Pau was too soft, not enough Davis and LMA was missing dunks and seemed off, screw you Pop. It's so obvious. Now game is over, the Spurs one and do you know what the objective stats show? The Spurs with a +18 rebound advantage, Gasol held to only 18 points, Zach to only 13. I am man enough to admit when I am wrong, and I was wrong last night. In a game like this what was required of our bigs is not the kind of things that are obvious. So :bobo to our frontline, this was a serious test and they passed. Funny how the way things appear at the moment can be so different than how they actually are.

Slippy
04-28-2017, 08:13 AM
Spurs bigs worked harder than memphis bigs which on its own is a victory. We probably didnt see more Bertans because he got christened by a Randolph elbow to the face & a bonus foul shot. A good example of what the spurs were dealing with.

Cheers to thjs post.Soft play would of had the opposite result.

cutewizard
04-28-2017, 08:16 AM
Cherished Wishes:

More frontline offense in the second round:

Gasol, Lamarcus, Lee and Dedmon: fire your guns, gentlemen!

:claw

SpursIndonesia
04-28-2017, 10:57 AM
Our front line can be destroyed by a skilled big fed by great PG, ala Stoudamire-Nash duo back then. Luckily, the contending team that has that kinda players in this playoff is the Clips, and they are about to be eliminated by the Jazz & Griffin is out of the season. Really really hope that our front line dominance down low can negate a lot of Warriors advantage on the perimeter, the only little chance we have against them IMHO.

MultiTroll
04-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Anyone else wonder if Fat Gasol faked getting hit in the eye vs David Lee at 92-90 Spurs?
I thought so live, so just ran back the video.
Complete fake job.
He even gives a little smile as he looks backcourt in *agony*.
Lee did not touch his face.