PDA

View Full Version : Some good signs I saw in game 6

Vito Corleone
04-29-2017, 02:36 PM
Looking back at game 6 I saw some really good signs that I think will carry over into the rest of the playoffs.

LaMarcus got mad

Not sure if anyone else noticed but at one point LaMarcus after missing so many easy buckets something snapped in him, he got pissed off and began playing like a man possessed. I loved it, as this was the LaMarcus I think we have all been waiting for.

I really think this is going to work to our advantage moving forward, it's something for him to build upon and possibly duplicate. I looking forward to seeing if he can continue in beast mode.

Kawhi turned into Scottie Pippen

This whole year Kawhi has been unguardable, but in game 6 specifically in the 4th he became a distributor basically creating easy shots for his teammates. It was a beautiful thing to behold. By being able to hit open men he has just opened up his offensive game to a new level as defenders won't be able to just leave their guy and help knowing he can hit the open man for an easy bucket.

David Lee is physical and more clutch than a lot of guys we have.

I love his ability to bang, he does a lot of the dirty work that frees up Pau and LaMarcus and his scrappyness is really paying off for the team. I think he is going to give Nene all he can handle in this next round. He won't out play him or out score him, but he will ware him out

LoneStarState'sPride
04-29-2017, 02:41 PM
Looking back at game 6 I saw some really good signs that I think will carry over into the rest of the playoffs.

LaMarcus got mad

Finally.

dabom
04-29-2017, 02:42 PM
"We won"

lil'mo
04-29-2017, 03:01 PM
Lamarcus sucks

Play Boban
04-29-2017, 03:01 PM
We made more shots tbh.

MultiTroll
04-29-2017, 03:24 PM
At a crucial point in game 6, Memphis up 88-81 and CIA Popped possibly being worked by another rookie coach......
Parker stayed out of the way and let the MVP run the show. He no doubt had to resist attempting to be the Hero.

His last two buckets, both assists by Kawhi.
1st one Parker was ready to shoot. Nice knockdown but the real beauty was the set up pass by Kwa. Parker doing what role players are supposed to do. Main point is he was completely ready to shoot when MVKwa dropped it off. 96-92.

After Vince Carter was gifted two FTs for his flukey flop vs Kwa, 96-94.
Parkers 2nd shot after Kwa again drew traffic and dumped....This time Parker had to work for it. Drove to his right and pulled up for the fade away with Conley guarding him tight. Excellent hoop by Parker. 98-94.

If he can realize his role and keep hitting the timely shots, great.

DieHardSpursFan1537
04-29-2017, 07:15 PM
He defin. looked like a fire was stoked in him in game 6. Can't wait to see how he plays against the Rockets

Seventyniner
04-29-2017, 07:17 PM
Court vision is definitely the next step in Kawhi's game. Don't be surprised if he works on that all summer and shows up as a LeBron lite in that regard next fall.

cutewizard
04-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Any videos guys,??

Ive been looking for that Lamarcus Beast Mode clip......

turkish spurs fan
04-29-2017, 08:05 PM
lma was not good

cutewizard
04-29-2017, 08:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3qzg2gKTXY

DMC
04-29-2017, 09:10 PM
From game 6 I learned that most here know nothing more about the game than they did 5 years ago.

cutewizard
04-29-2017, 09:14 PM
From game 6 I learned that most here know nothing more about the game than they did 5 years ago.

----------------------------

:bobo

Budkin
04-29-2017, 10:36 PM
He defin. looked like a fire was stoked in him in game 6. Can't wait to see how he plays against the Rockets

LaMarcus has historically been a Rocket killer.

UZER
04-30-2017, 09:17 AM
After the game, LMA was asked about showing that fire. He said it's not him to show it, but it's always there. The reporter asked him about it again and he looked more agitated with the question than what he shows on the court. Of course I'm exaggerating, but it was a little uncomfortable. :lol

I don't think the media guy meant anything bad but I was glad to someone be direct with the question.

itzsoweezee
04-30-2017, 10:28 AM

Says the only anti-Kawhi Spurs fan on the planet

TheDoctor
04-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Court vision is definitely the next step in Kawhi's game. Don't be surprised if he works on that all summer and shows up as a LeBron lite in that regard next fall.

The team just doesn't have the tools for him to be that kind of player tbh. He needs shooters that actually hit shots, a good rolling big and a decent slasher (hopefully Djounte is that man!).

Wade *
Bosh *
TThompson
Ilgauskas *
Kyrie *
KLove *
Ray Allen *
Lewis *
Mike Miller (2013)
Frye (good spot mins stretch veteran) **
Kyle Korver (Zero defense tho) *
JR Smith (crazy but good slasher and a streaky shooter) ***

Look at all that ˆˆˆ talent that LBJ has had at his disposal.

* All-Star
** All-Star (3pt Shootout)
*** 6th man of the year (2013)

pgardn
04-30-2017, 01:16 PM
LMA does exactly what Duncan could not, provide an outside threat.

He plays good D, and is a good FT shooter. He NEVER had the lower body or the skills to do what Duncan did on the inside. We absolutely need him. It would help him a ton if we had guards who could penetrate and hit outside shots.

LMA is doing exactly what I expected with better D. Why are people surprised... It's the playoffs, we had seen him before when the shoving starts.

hater
04-30-2017, 01:29 PM
Lmao at the basketball ignorants that say Lamarsha sucks. He is a beast on D and on d boards. Its a shame he is so inconsistent with his offense.

He is a net negative on O thats true.

But if he was the beast on O that he used to be on Portland wed be next to unbeatable

BillMc
04-30-2017, 02:20 PM
LMA does exactly what Duncan could not, provide an outside threat.

He plays good D, and is a good FT shooter. He NEVER had the lower body or the skills to do what Duncan did on the inside. We absolutely need him. It would help him a ton if we had guards who could penetrate and hit outside shots.

LMA is doing exactly what I expected with better D. Why are people surprised... It's the playoffs, we had seen him before when the shoving starts.

This.

And he's shot the same percentage he did his last few years in Portland. His numbers are only down because he takes less shots and plays less minutes, shots that many of the talking heads would complain about if they reduced Kawhi's attempts.

DMC
04-30-2017, 02:39 PM
Says the only anti-Kawhi Spurs fan on the planet

^case in point.

DMC
04-30-2017, 02:42 PM
The team just doesn't have the tools for him to be that kind of player tbh. He needs shooters that actually hit shots, a good rolling big and a decent slasher (hopefully Djounte is that man!).

Wade *
Bosh *
TThompson
Ilgauskas *
Kyrie *
KLove *
Ray Allen *
Lewis *
Mike Miller (2013)
Frye (good spot mins stretch veteran) **
Kyle Korver (Zero defense tho) *
JR Smith (crazy but good slasher and a streaky shooter) ***

Look at all that ˆˆˆ talent that LBJ has had at his disposal.

* All-Star
** All-Star (3pt Shootout)
*** 6th man of the year (2013)

He didn't have all of those at the same time.

skulls138
04-30-2017, 04:48 PM
This.

And he's shot the same percentage he did his last few years in Portland. His numbers are only down because he takes less shots and plays less minutes, shots that many of the talking heads would complain about if they reduced Kawhi's attempts.LAs stepping up, and getting angry which is great but I thought he would be a little more equal in effectiveness as Kawhi. If Kawhi were merely all-star caliber, and not Kobe-esque we mightve lost the first round. BUT I am glad to see him working his nuts off out there because it seemed during the year he was struggling to find his role on the team. I think that hard work down low is not natural to him, I think he wants to be more finesse but hes fighting the good fight and its working. Thumbs up.

bic50
04-30-2017, 06:08 PM
I can see Aldridge being way more aggressive against the rockets. Atleast I hope so.

duncan2k5
04-30-2017, 06:40 PM
I'm telling you guys...HULKdridge is a f*cking BEAST!

TheDoctor
04-30-2017, 07:00 PM
He didn't have all of those at the same time.

Taking out Ilgauskas, he got 3 or more at the same time.

DMC
04-30-2017, 07:34 PM
Taking out Ilgauskas, he got 3 or more at the same time.

That's fine, but he didn't have all of them. You only count what he had for any specific season/game. They don't add up.

TheDoctor
04-30-2017, 08:29 PM
That's fine, but he didn't have all of them. You only count what he had for any specific season/game. They don't add up.

Still is more specialized talent than what Kawhi has.

DMC
04-30-2017, 09:29 PM
Still is more specialized talent than what Kawhi has.

He has that because he's Lebron. Notice people don't ring chase with Paul George or Russell Westbrook.