PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to SA, CP3

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

coachmac87
06-21-2017, 01:43 PM
This is what I said

" If argument is about winning I'm not sure Spurs are in better condition than clips... Clips are also attractive for the big FAs in 2018, if they can give a perspective of Griffin, Paul and a big FA lets say Lebron/George/Davis they have also solid argument to retain Paul."

but go ahead and try to explain you are paying attention

meanwhile Clips can offer more money and Spurs what ? more respect ? :lol a better chance at winning it all in 2018 ? probably but this odd increase will be enough to erase 50 M on a guaranteed fifth year ? I for one don't think so. Even after a CP3 signing with Spurs, Dubs continue to be favorite to win it all in 2018, after 2018 ? who knows with all those free agents to be signed

The only one with the bullshit is you

I'll be glad to bump this once everything I've said happens..starting tomorrow..then we will know who's full of shit

SpurPadre
06-21-2017, 01:51 PM
All I care about is what tspence thinks about this, tbh. Where the fuck is he?

look_at_g_shred
06-21-2017, 01:52 PM
All I care about is what tspence thinks about this, tbh. Where the fuck is he?
coachmac reminds me of Tspence

Mnky
06-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Jordan is in a contract year isnt he? Expected to make 200 mil plus. Clippers wont be signing any big names by keeping their roster, and the roster now doesn't work. The big contract is the biggest appeal, but Paul is already richer than most. His lifestyle wont change with another 50 mil. Unless he's an idiot, his security wont either. I dont think west will offer the fifth year for Paul, if he plans on rebuilding the organization tbh.

coachmac87
06-21-2017, 02:03 PM
coachmac reminds me of Tspence

:lol

TSpence was a legend

Ron Swanson
06-21-2017, 02:26 PM
The Tspence/Don Harris cage match was legendary.

Russ
06-21-2017, 02:27 PM
I dont think west will offer the fifth year for Paul, if he plans on rebuilding the organization tbh.

West likes to build with young players. And he doesn't like prima donnas.

West dumps CP3 while looking like he tried to keep him.

Enter the Spurs (if they're dumb enough).

Brazil
06-21-2017, 03:16 PM
I'll be glad to bump this once everything I've said happens..starting tomorrow..then we will know who's full of shit

I was not paying much attention to you before today, this post confirms that you are an idiot tho...

let us proceed

coachmac87
06-21-2017, 03:42 PM
I was not paying much attention to you before today, this post confirms that you are an idiot tho...

let us proceed

We will know who's right or the idiot reallllll soon..and I'll be glad to share with all of ST

FuzzyLumpkins
06-21-2017, 03:43 PM
smh..

name everything else in Spurs favor ? As of today I don't see clips situation being worst than Spurs, in what regard ? Spurs yes have the better coach and have Kawhi... name the rest of Spurs attractive stuff, Gasol ? LMA on a remaining 2 years 45 M deal ? Parker ? Manu ? Murray, Fathead ? :lol tbh... what assets or young prospects Spurs have that make us more attractive ?

your take is homerism shit

Spurs have arguments, stuff to offer but clips are not desperate and have some arguments starting with big money.

You would think we didn't even make the playoffs last year.

coachmac87
06-21-2017, 03:54 PM
You would think we didn't even make the playoffs last year.

I know what a shitty take....he has it coming

Mnky
06-21-2017, 04:49 PM

CP3, was the most efficient player in the playoffs this year. Kawhi second. He does a lot of the little things you need, and hes the tim Duncan of PG , doesn't need athleticism to play at a high level. Age wont be a factor

tonight...you
06-21-2017, 04:51 PM

let us proceed
Always good to see my main mang. Keep it hangin' low, bro.

hooperflash
06-21-2017, 11:26 PM
Oh oh, I'm hearing rumors that he already signed with us :lol

daslicer
06-21-2017, 11:31 PM

Pretty depressing at the thought of the Spurs are gutting their team to make room to sign a guy whose prime will be over in a year or two. Kawhi and CP3 and a bunch of scrubs is not an exciting prospect.

Brazil
06-22-2017, 06:56 AM
Always good to see my main mang. Keep it hangin' low, bro.

sup brah?

Brazil
06-22-2017, 10:15 PM
I know what a shitty take....he has it coming

So it started tonight ? We gonna trade fathead 2.0 for cp3 ?

cd98
06-22-2017, 10:19 PM
Who did the Clips draft in the first round?

sasaint
06-22-2017, 10:22 PM
Who did the Clips draft in the first round?

They don't have any picks.

MaNu4Tres
06-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Yo coachmac.

Why didn't Spurs draft and stash like your source said?

Brazil
06-23-2017, 05:35 AM
Yo coachmac.

dude is a clown tbh

spursistan
06-23-2017, 04:50 PM

Obviously expected..

I really wish Blake commits elsewhere (preferably East) before the CP3 decision so the latter faces the prospect of wasting one of his last few prime years on a non-contender.

spursistan
06-23-2017, 05:07 PM

http://www.evilenglish.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/il_570xN.505297045_m5d0.jpg

cd98
06-23-2017, 05:35 PM

http://www.evilenglish.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/il_570xN.505297045_m5d0.jpg

Awe, Blakey wants to commit to the Mavs and then have his little Clipper buddies camp out at his house and block out Cuban so he will re-sign with the Clippers after he tells CP3 that he's been a meanie and CP3 says he didn't know and he's sorry.

SpursforSix
06-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Now CP3 says he'd be interested in going to Lakers if they acquire Paul George.

marinoman
06-23-2017, 09:47 PM
You have the source?

MaNu4Tres
06-23-2017, 09:54 PM
I'd trade LA for a whataburger and space if SA could get Blake to commit.

I know.. not happening. Just a hypothetical.

coachmac87
06-23-2017, 10:14 PM
Yo coachmac.

Not sure tbh...Maybe moving LMA would be why?? But then again you'd think that'd be the case the whole time?

coachmac87
06-23-2017, 10:15 PM

dude is a clown tbh

Ok....let's see where CP3 signs

dabom
06-23-2017, 10:24 PM

My nigga MaNu4Tres was telling the truth about LMA. I was also right in knowing the spurs committed to LMAO and weren't gonna trade his ass until his crew popped off. :lmao

Ice009
06-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Ok....let's see where CP3 signs

Stop being vague. If you have sources, either tell us what you're really heard or stop posting. All I see is vague posts after something happens. After it was leaked that LMA wants to be traded, you then say his exit interview wasn't the best. Why didn't you say this beforehand? Anyone can come up with stuff like that after the fact.

coachmac87
06-23-2017, 11:30 PM
Stop being vague. If you have sources, either tell us what you're really heard or stop posting. All I see is vague posts after something happens. After it was leaked that LMA wants to be traded, you then say his exit interview wasn't the best. Why didn't you say this beforehand? Anyone can come up with stuff like that after the fact.

All I ever said from the jump was that they're all in on Paul.. Danny Green would be a casualty... and they were going to stash or trade pick..

Also that LMA was late to his exit meeting..

I really don't care if you or others believe me or not..I'm just sharing with other Spurs fans what I've been told lol.

MaNu4Tres
06-23-2017, 11:36 PM
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/comments/6iv5kt/lma_and_pop_met_for_a_private_lunch_about_three/

Kind of interesting:

"I live in SA, and Im in the service industry. I kept this quiet for about 3 weeks now, but I think its time. Pop and LMA met for a private lunch at the Silo off 1604, they ate in a room by themselves with doors closed, then talked for about 3 hours. LMA left looking upset, Pop was stoic. I think they were discussing LMAs future, I just didnt know if it was a come to Jesus moment or a gtfo request til now.
I left this as a comment in a thread about LMA wanting to leave, and I think its an interesting bit of information that gives credit to him voicing his desire to get out. Wanted to make it a post so everyone could see."

SpursforSix
06-24-2017, 09:12 AM
You have the source?

It was at the end of a story about him and Blake opting out. I'll see if I can find it.

I swear it was at the end of this article yesterday. But not there now.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19720721/blake-griffin-opts-los-angeles-clippers-contract-chris-paul-too

SpursforSix
06-24-2017, 09:19 AM
It's in here. "According to in executive". Pretty weak Inguess.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-griffin-contract-20170623-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+orlandosentinel%2Fsports%2Ffo otball+%28OrlandoSentinel.com+-+Pro-Football%29&utm_content=Yahoo+Search+Results

bklynspursfan
06-24-2017, 09:42 AM
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/comments/6iv5kt/lma_and_pop_met_for_a_private_lunch_about_three/

Kind of interesting:

"I live in SA, and Im in the service industry. I kept this quiet for about 3 weeks now, but I think its time. Pop and LMA met for a private lunch at the Silo off 1604, they ate in a room by themselves with doors closed, then talked for about 3 hours. LMA left looking upset, Pop was stoic. I think they were discussing LMAs future, I just didnt know if it was a come to Jesus moment or a gtfo request til now.
I left this as a comment in a thread about LMA wanting to leave, and I think its an interesting bit of information that gives credit to him voicing his desire to get out. Wanted to make it a post so everyone could see."

Interesting if true.. why would LMA leave looking upset tho lol. Maybe Pop said it's time for you to go. And as a courtesy, I'll have it put out there that you believe we have hampered your production

Russ
06-24-2017, 09:55 AM

CP3 could drive away Kawhi, too.

(Be careful what you wish for.)

dbestpro
06-24-2017, 10:01 AM
Interesting if true.. why would LMA leave looking upset tho lol. Maybe Pop said it's time for you to go. And as a courtesy, I'll have it put out there that you believe we have hampered your production

More likely Pop told him you will go if and when I feel like letting you go.

sasaint
06-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Kind of interesting:

I got the same story from an independent source. He said that the Spurs frequently have exit interviews in a private room at the Silo.

sasaint
06-24-2017, 11:11 AM

I have never been on the CP3 bandwagon. Especially with the frontcourt in shambles, I think whatever cap space we end up with could be better spent than on one aging, irascible PG.

sasaint
06-24-2017, 11:13 AM

That would make the Lakers pretty good for a couple of years.

sasaint
06-24-2017, 11:14 AM

Possible S&T?

UZER
06-24-2017, 12:27 PM

Kind of interesting:

Maybe pop said they weren't planning trading him, so Aldridge was pissed. Then the "wants out now" reports came out.

SAGirl
06-24-2017, 12:50 PM

Kind of interesting:

I felt kind if sorry when I read it. It was like a breakup. Both parties were frustrated and it wasn't working out for a while, but there's usually one side that's fed up. I got the impression LMA struggled to fit in from the very beginning and he tried to play in Pops system, but he couldn't. He is not a player to fit in a motion offense, doesn't have the BB IQ and passing chops. It causes him to doubt himself, when to shoot, when to pass. Some vets come to the Spurs and fit right in, Lee, Diaw... etc their game fits in quickly. Even D.West bc he's a good passer and ha a high bbiq figured it out relatively quickly.

Lamarcus tried but he couldn't and it was a strained the relationship from the very beginning. Tim talked to him often even after retiring. But LMA became frustrated. His humiliation in the media was the actual breaking point. He's going to get traded no doubt but I think Pop triied to convince him to stay like it happened preseason.

Frankly it felt like a breakup and like all breakups, even when it's better to move on, they aren't easy, nor do they lead you feeling goo d until you find the next thing.

But it's final. The breakup is on. You can't take him back at this point.

SAGirl
06-24-2017, 12:59 PM

Ugly. Hmmm I am very reluctant now to be discrediting rumors about divas that alienaie teammates ...

SAGirl
06-24-2017, 01:00 PM
I got the same story from an independent source. He said that the Spurs frequently have exit interviews in a private room at the Silo.
I looked at the reddit page and others confirmed that.

RD2191
06-24-2017, 01:02 PM
I looked at the reddit page and others confirmed that.

raybies
06-24-2017, 01:12 PM
I have never been on the CP3 bandwagon. Especially with the backcourt in shambles, I think whatever cap space we end up with could be better spent than on one aging, irascible PG.
I feel that. Would rather have character guys that are good too. I'm at the point where I'm hoping for a sign and trade with Millsap and then sign Hill. They won't have any problem playing team ball and we know without a doubt they'll fit the system, not mention have no problem knowing who the man is.

bklynspursfan
06-24-2017, 02:15 PM
More likely Pop told him you will go if and when I feel like letting you go.

Makes sense.. Who knows. Maybe he told him they were looking to deal him there too and LMA was upset because? Could be when he went on his unfollowing/deleting tweet spree

sasaint
06-24-2017, 03:04 PM
I feel that. Would rather have character guys that are good too. I'm at the point where I'm hoping for a sign and trade with Millsap and then sign Hill. They won't have any problem playing team ball and we know without a doubt they'll fit the system, not mention have no problem knowing who the man is.

Oops! I meant to say "frontcourt." Actually I'd take a S&T for Milsap or Griffin. I don't know whether that would leave enough cap space to sign Hill and Simmons (who I think they now want back) and another big (Gasol?).

benefactor
06-24-2017, 03:08 PM
multiplesauces.jpg

Mister Sinister
06-24-2017, 03:50 PM
multiplesauces.jpg

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/multiple-sources.gif

TD 21
06-24-2017, 05:27 PM

They've got to aim their sights higher first, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to this. Aesthetics and likability would improve, but that would be a lot of money ($40-45M per for 3-4 years) for a 32 and 31 year old respectively, neither of whom is great. Despite Millsap being a top 20 player in recent years, I consider him more super role player than star.

MaNu4Tres
06-24-2017, 05:32 PM
They've got to aim their sights higher first, but I wouldn't be totally opposed to this. Aesthetics and likability would improve, but that would be a lot of money ($40-45M per for 3-4 years) for a 32 and 31 year old respectively, neither of whom is great. Despite Millsap being a top 20 player in recent years, I consider him more super role player than star.

If you could pick, would you prefer Ibaka for 10-15 mil less per? Or be cool with giving Milsap the max?

TD 21
06-24-2017, 05:42 PM
If you could pick, would you prefer Ibaka for 10-15 mil less per? Or be cool with giving Milsap the max?

Definitely wouldn't give Millsap the max. 4/$100M is probably the floor for him, but it's also about the ceiling, as far as what I'd feel comfortable with.

Ibaka is rumored to be getting about 4/$80M to re-sign with Raptors. Wouldn't want to give him even that much. Has taken a significant step back athletically, without taking tangible step forward mentally.

raybies
06-24-2017, 05:56 PM
To be fair, Hill and Millsap are both elite role players in my estimation but they are two way players. And their age is fine when you factor in they'll give us a better chance than now during Kawhis prime years that so many here are worried about. On a tangent, aren't Klay and Draymond elite role players in all honesty? It's about the system and Hill and Millsap would fit like a glove.

goliath
06-24-2017, 05:57 PM
For those of you who think George Hill will be a cheaper alternative:

"The $88.3 million the Jazz could have given Hill to get him to commit through the 2019-20 season -- a raise of the $13.6 million they have in available cap space this season and a three-year extension worth another $74.7 million -- is almost twice as much money as the nine-year veteran has made in his career so far. But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/30489/how-much-is-george-hill-worth-to-the-jazz

raybies
06-24-2017, 06:06 PM

"The $88.3 million the Jazz could have given Hill to get him to commit through the 2019-20 season -- a raise of the $13.6 million they have in available cap space this season and a three-year extension worth another $74.7 million -- is almost twice as much money as the nine-year veteran has made in his career so far. But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer."

http://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/30489/how-much-is-george-hill-worth-to-the-jazz
I guess I'm hoping for a hometown discount... best competitive situation... he apparently loves it here and has a home in SA.

daslicer
06-24-2017, 06:16 PM
I'm not a fan of CP3 and hope he does not sign here. Anyways my bold prediction is that he will not sign with the Spurs. He will drag out the process for over a week or so since he's a diva and wants the attention but in the end he will re-sign with the Clippers. Nobody every leaves NYC or LA if they are getting paid. Those two cities are impossible to resist for these guys. Dwight is the only player to ever leave LA and he was the exception to the rule. Safe to say he would have stayed had the Lakers promised to get rid of Kobe.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 06:23 PM
Most people here are delusional. They claim Hill and Jrue are better options because they'll command less than say Chris Paul...

But, in reality, they're going to be just as expensive.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 06:25 PM
CP3 stays in L.A., Jrue stays in NO, Hill goes to another team on an insane contract, and the Spurs just roll the dice with Murray, White, a gimpy TP, and maybe an over the hill FA at PG.

Book it.

TD 21
06-24-2017, 06:32 PM
To be fair, Hill and Millsap are both elite role players in my estimation but they are two way players. And their age is fine when you factor in they'll give us a better chance than now during Kawhis prime years that so many here are worried about. On a tangent, aren't Klay and Draymond elite role players in all honesty? It's about the system and Hill and Millsap would fit like a glove.

Agreed and had that coward not left a top 2-4 team and put the best team out of reach, that core, combined with the right role players, might have had a shot at a championship. Now, the only chance will be to have overwhelming star power, replete with 3 and D's and mobile bigs.

Laughing Gravy
06-24-2017, 07:05 PM

$33 mil per for George Hill lol!!!

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Welcome to today's free agent market, people. :lol

Emperor
06-24-2017, 07:07 PM

Well I sure hope he gets it just not here.

cd98
06-24-2017, 07:09 PM
It's not going to be a robust market for point guards. Most that needed them drafted or traded for them. Esp with the cap shrink and teams belt tightening, may actually be a good time to buy.

rasuo214
06-24-2017, 07:15 PM
It's not going to be a robust market for point guards. Most that needed them drafted or traded for them. Esp with the cap shrink and teams belt tightening, may actually be a good time to buy.

I agree with this, I would mind George Hill on the cheap but not for the max or near max. A lot of the teams that were potential players for a PG ended up picking one up (Philly and Brooklyn).

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:17 PM
And who could the Spurs get? It seems more and more likely that the same team is put out there next year. CP3 isn't leaving LA, and there isn't anyone else worth breaking the bank for.

tonight...you
06-24-2017, 07:19 PM

Kind of interesting:

Crazy. My business partner told me the exact same thing about 10 days ago, while we were working. He got a text and told me that while we were story-boarding and I got annoyed that he was talking bullshit while we were trying to get shit done.
I even kind of bitched him out... Damn.

daslicer
06-24-2017, 07:23 PM
CP3 stays in L.A., Jrue stays in NO, Hill goes to another team on an insane contract, and the Spurs just roll the dice with Murray, White, a gimpy TP, and maybe an over the hill FA at PG.

Book it.

Spurs are in the same situation that they were in '01 after getting swept by the Lakers. Just like '01 they are going to have to slowly retool the team for the next 2-3 years and develop young talent. There is no quick fix and I don't believe CP3 would be the solution to the problem anyways. Some people will argue that the spurs need to win immediately because Kawhi could bolt in a few years if the spurs are not in contention. I would say that's a possibility but there is no way around the current situation unless the spurs can pick up 2 all-stars randomly which is not happening.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:25 PM
Spurs are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have a good team albeit with a disgruntled Aldridge, but would probably be better off retooling on the fly. Problem is, it's looking less and less possible right now between Softus losing all trade value and most impact FAs wanting too much money.

To me, the biggest issue is wasting a year or prime Kawhi...But what can be done?

Gordy58
06-24-2017, 07:28 PM
I guess I'm hoping for a hometown discount... best competitive situation... he apparently loves it here and has a home in SA.
too add to that, he's married to a girl from south Texas. I went to highschool with her.

rasuo214
06-24-2017, 07:32 PM
And who could the Spurs get? It seems more and more likely that the same team is put out there next year. CP3 isn't leaving LA, and there isn't anyone else worth breaking the bank for.

From the FA pool I'd target Hayward. Age range close to Leonard, upgrades a massive hole on the team and allows for more flexibility (play small or big).

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:32 PM
Even on a discount, Hill is too much. Is he worth 30 million a year even in this market? I don't personally think so.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:33 PM
From the FA pool I'd target Hayward. Age range close to Leonard, upgrades a massive hole on the team and allows for more flexibility (play small or big).I'd love Gordo here but it's seems more and more likely that he's a Celtic next year IF he decides on leaving Utah.

daslicer
06-24-2017, 07:33 PM
Spurs are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have a good team albeit with a disgruntled Aldridge, but would probably be better off retooling on the fly. Problem is, it's looking less and less possible right now between Softus losing all trade value and most impact FAs wanting too much money.

To me, the biggest issue is wasting a year or prime Kawhi...But what can be done?

That tends to happen to the majority of all players. It happened to Lebron during his first stint in Cleveland. It happened to Duncan in '01-'02 when he didn't have a roster that could compete against the Lakers. It even happened to Jordan early on in '89 and '90. Very few players are fortunate enough to have an opportunity to compete for a title every year during their prime.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:35 PM
I do agree on that point. Just sucks knowing the year might be punted away.

Oh well. Maybe Leonard's yearly upgrade this season will offset the fact that's he's the only legitimate star on the team. :lol

cd98
06-24-2017, 07:47 PM
Hill can be a combo guard, which makes him more attractive to sign.

GSH
06-24-2017, 07:49 PM
$33M a year for George Hill? We're gonna be playing Keith Bogans and Tony Parker in a wheelchair. :lol

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:51 PM
Hill can be a combo guard, which makes him more attractive to sign.
So you're willing to pay as much money if not more for George Hill than a CP3 (again don't think he's coming here anyway)?

The fact that the Spurs drafted a combo guard is telling. I don't think they're going after a big name PG at this point..

cd98
06-24-2017, 07:54 PM
So you're willing to pay as much if not more for George Hill?

The fact that the Spurs drafted a combo guard is telling. I don't think they're going after a big name PG at this point..

Hill comes in ready to play and is a big upgrade at that position compared to last year. He won't get max money this year. Who has max money and needs a point guard? I think Spurs make a run for him at a fair price. Hill's a damn good player. People forget how good he was here and he got even better.

gambit1990
06-24-2017, 07:55 PM
:rollin

i wouldn't even want the spurs giving him half of that per year.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 07:57 PM
Hill comes in ready to play and is a big upgrade at that position compared to last year. He won't get max money this year. Who has max money and needs a point guard? I think Spurs make a run for him at a fair price. Hill's a damn good player. People forget how good he was here and he got even better.
He's not taking a big discount. He'll still command around 30 mill. He's worth that to you? You're blowing all that cap space on GH?

gambit1990
06-24-2017, 07:59 PM
hill is even less of a PG than tony.

if want him over cp3... then i will definitely have some of what you're smoking.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 08:00 PM
It's not even the fact that he's not the superior player. It's the fact that he wants just as much money as CP3 even ON A DISCOUNT.

How is he worth it? I don't see it.

SpursFan86
06-24-2017, 08:17 PM

cd98
06-24-2017, 08:24 PM
He's not taking a big discount. He'll still command around 30 mill. He's worth that to you? You're blowing all that cap space on GH?

He can start asking for a lot. But if the market isn't there, then he'll have to come down on his asking price, which opens the door to more money. If he was about getting paid, he'd have just re signed with the Jazz.

cd98
06-24-2017, 08:25 PM

This crap is going to dominate the news and cycle through a few teams. But he will re up with the Clips.

LittleCriminal
06-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Why would CP3 sign for less to play with a shit team??

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 08:37 PM
He can start asking for a lot. But if the market isn't there, then he'll have to come down on his asking price, which opens the door to more money. If he was about getting paid, he'd have just re signed with the Jazz.If the market wasn't there, he wouldn't have rejected Utah's offer.

What a disappointment it would be to sign George to a 25-30 million dollar a year contract.

BatManu20
06-24-2017, 09:06 PM

Uriel
06-24-2017, 09:11 PM
Why would Chris Paul go to the Rockets? They already have a starting PG there in James Harden.

bic50
06-24-2017, 09:18 PM
I can't see cp3 going to the rockets.

noles1983
06-24-2017, 09:21 PM
NBA has gone full retard if George Fucking Hill commands 30 million a year. NBA needs to die a horrible death in that case, so much money being paid for such a shitty product.

raybies
06-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Agreed and had that coward not left a top 2-4 team and put the best team out of reach, that core, combined with the right role players, might have had a shot at a championship. Now, the only chance will be to have overwhelming star power, replete with 3 and D's and mobile bigs.
I disagree. I believe Kawhi is just that good and more playmaking by him with players that can play a role works. Millsap is legit man. He has heart. He don't care who he's playing he performs and Hill he had that game winner against the Mavericks :facepalm and played big against the Clippers when healthy. I think you underestimate Paul's ego. And someone made a good point about what if he frustrates Leonard. I just think after this Aldridge fiasco we should've learned to keep signing Spursy guys and Hill and Millsap are perfect fits. I honestly would classify that a big three. It would be way better than we have now. Hill and Millsap are best as second options and can take turns and then you have Leonard with higher usage. Hill and Millsap can take turns. Again Kawhi is just that good. He could be better than LeBron in his Prime for at least a couple seasons imo if he can effectively play make, cause he's a better shooter and better defender.

daslicer
06-24-2017, 09:23 PM
NBA has gone full retard if George Fucking Hill commands 30 million a year. NBA needs to die a horrible death in that case, so much money being paid for such a shitty product.

The TV money has caused the contracts to go up and inflate the values of the players.

UZER
06-24-2017, 09:27 PM

A fast food burger is $7 now. It's the current market.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 09:30 PM
Why do people keep throwing Hill out there? And with Millsap? You'd have to gut the team more than you'd have to for CP3.

Hill on his own is hardly affordable. Add Millsap too? Not likely.

raybies
06-24-2017, 09:33 PM
cd98 makes a good point. Tell me one team that has max and needs a point. If so, none of those teams have Hill first on their list and then some, any team that's leftover probably isn't a team you want to play for.

Spurs at like 20-22 million is a great opportunity and it's better than Utah's, who will have to get through the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets and Clippers(?). You would be playing in the West Finals for the forseeable future. You come to a team you love and a organization that will appreciate you, and a coach that you got close with. And then you can sign and trade Millsap in a 3 team deal to offload LaMarcus and get the Hawks a pick which they want.

Best case scenario imo
I'm tired of these non-spurs-like players and their drama tbh Paul doesn't fit and deep down you all know it.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Every year we say that this guy or that guy won't command the money he's asking for and, every year, they do.

Hill is that guy this year. Someone will overpay for him. Dear lord, I hope it isn't the Spurs.

RD2191
06-24-2017, 10:03 PM
We don't need to overpay for players that won't put us at least next to GS. Hill doesn't make us significantly better than we already are.

Hoops Czar
06-24-2017, 10:11 PM
cd98 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16113) makes a good point. Tell me one team that has max and needs a point. If so, none of those teams have Hill first on their list and then some, any team that's leftover probably isn't a team you want to play for.

Spurs at like 20-22 million is a great opportunity and it's better than Utah's, who will have to get through the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets and Clippers(?). You would be playing in the West Finals for the forseeable future. You come to a team you love and a organization that will appreciate you, and a coach that you got close with. And then you can sign and trade Millsap in a 3 team deal to offload LaMarcus and get the Hawks a pick which they want.

Best case scenario imo
I'm tired of these non-spurs-like players and their drama tbh Paul doesn't fit and deep down you all know it.

Earlier this season, Utah's George Hill was coming into his own and having a career season and the Jazz were seriously thinking of giving him a max contract. Gee, wonder what happened that has Utah running scared?

raybies
06-24-2017, 10:13 PM
Earlier this season, Utah's George Hill was coming into his own and having a career season and the Jazz were seriously thinking of giving him a max contract. Gee, wonder what happened that has Utah running scared?
that he might leave for nothing, that's why they have a contingency plan with Beverly reportedly. Hayward might leave and if so, Hill definitely is gone and vice versa.

gambit1990
06-24-2017, 10:18 PM
he will not join the rockets.

he will sign with the spurs if they quit fucking around and lose la's and tony's contracts.

gambit1990
06-24-2017, 10:20 PM
people on spurstalk who don't want him :lol AND he's the best passer in the league.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:26 PM
If he doesn't shoot at least 50 percent from the field and come at the league minimum, ST doesn't want him...

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:28 PM
Seriously though, I don't get why so many balk at attempting to sign CP3 yet advocate for paying Hill 30 mill a year for less production.

coachmac87
06-24-2017, 10:32 PM
[QUOTE=gambit1990;9061147]people on spurstalk who don't want him :lol AND he's the best passer in the league

I think people also fail to realize if Paul comes to SA..that makes one less team to worry about in the West...

They bitch about the supporting cast but want Hill and expect him to elevate the play of others..

Hoops Czar
06-24-2017, 10:34 PM
that he might leave for nothing, that's why they have a contingency plan with Beverly reportedly. Hayward might leave and if so, Hill definitely is gone and vice versa.

Yeah, I get that. But the word out there is Utah is no longer interested in Hill. Is it possible that he could be the tiniest, insiest little bit overrated and Utah doesn't wasn't to commit a long term deal to a player that's often injured and isn't in the least bit elite? He's a solid all around ball player but for the amount of money being thrown around, this would be an astronomical overpay and it still doesn't solve the problem of beating GS.

objective
06-24-2017, 10:37 PM
Utah offered him a ton to extend, but he refused. They're not going to offer it again unless they lock up Hayward, because Hill matches the Hayward timeline.

If Hayward leaves for Boston or Miami, they don't want to commit to Hill, and vice versa. Their timeline changes, they won't want him at his age.

His market has dried up a lot and he might be cheaper by default.

Mavs drafted a point, Knicks drafted a point, Kings drafted a point, Lakers drafted a point, Nets traded for a point, Philadelphia drafted a point, Chicago traded for a point, Orlando won't have even $20 million, Indiana doesn't want him, New Orleans will try and keep Holiday,

Maybe Minnesota as a third guard? They can clear over 20 I think I heard ...

But San Antonio might be his only other option as a starter, there's just not many situations for him anymore

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:42 PM
I don't think he left all that money on the table if he didn't have a good indication that he would eventually get the contract he wants.

timtonymanu
06-24-2017, 10:44 PM

Book it.

:lol this is so true

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:45 PM
I've already mentally prepared myself for it. :lol

raybies
06-24-2017, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I get that. But the word out there is Utah is no longer interested in Hill. Is it possible that he could be the tiniest, insiest little bit overrated and Utah doesn't wasn't to commit a long term deal to a player that's often injured and isn't in the least bit elite? He's a solid all around ball player but for the amount of money being thrown around, this would be an astronomical overpay and it still doesn't solve the problem of beating GS.
Maybe he does want the max from them then and let's be real, I would never, under any circumstance, give him the max here or feel he deserves it but if he demands it from them why not. He probably doesn't care to be there. He has no ties there from what we can gather.

I'm thinking 20 mil per or a tad more here. But he's a system player that excels in a system. He was like the 3rd or 4th option at Indiana and pretty much got buried, but look what he was able to accomplish this year in Utah as a #2 pretty much. In the right system it is actually a value deal to get him at twenty especially if he plays like a star, because of the system. It's like Draymond and if he would still be an All Star anywhere else but the Warriors and those players surrounding him. It's chemistry tbh. That's what kind of mad scientist game I'm playing with Millsap and Hill. Them playing and excelling in a system. Hill and Millsap could average like 18-20 here imo. I mean Aldridge averaged 17 and was crap and Millsap is a better defender than Aldridge and Hill is a better defender than Parker. You don't need Hill to play make cause you have Leonard and then you have Murray and White, which makes sense to why they drafted him, to let the better man play make off the bench.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:48 PM
Maybe he does want the max from them then and let's be real, I would never, under any circumstance, give him the max here or feel he deserves it but if he demands it from them why not. He probably doesn't care to be there. He has no ties there from what we can gather.

I'm thinking 20 mil per or a tad more here. But he's a system player that excels in a system. He was like the 3rd or 4th option at Indiana and pretty much got buried, but look what he was able to accomplish this year in Utah as a #2 pretty much. In the right system it is actually a value deal to get him at twenty especially if he plays like a star, because of the system. It's like Draymond and if he would still be an All Star anywhere else but the Warriors and those players surrounding him. It's chemistry tbh. That's what kind of mad scientist game I'm playing with Millsap and Hill. Them playing and excelling in a system. Hill and Millsap could average like 18-20 here imo. I mean Aldridge averaged 17 and was crap and Millsap is a better defender than Aldridge and Hill is a better defender than Parker. You don't need Hill to play make cause you have Leonard and then you have Murray and White, which makes sense to why they drafted him, to let the better man play make off the bench.
Even if Hill takes a 10 million dollar discount per year, you'd still need to get rid of all the bad contracts on the team to even sniff signing Millsap.

And sign and trades aren't viable anymore. Millsap won't get his value if he's traded for Aldridge.

raybies
06-24-2017, 10:48 PM
Utah offered him a ton to extend, but he refused. They're not going to offer it again unless they lock up Hayward, because Hill matches the Hayward timeline.

If Hayward leaves for Boston or Miami, they don't want to commit to Hill, and vice versa. Their timeline changes, they won't want him at his age.

Mavs drafted a point, Knicks drafted a point, Kings drafted a point, Lakers drafted a point, Nets traded for a point, Philadelphia drafted a point, Chicago traded for a point, Orlando won't have even $20 million, Indiana doesn't want him, New Orleans will try and keep Holiday,

But San Antonio might be his only other option as a starter, there's just not many situations for him anymore
Thank you.

And the fact that he ended the playoffs injured kind of hurts him too, albeit small. But I agree. Who's gonna give Hill that money that makes sense. It's pretty much Spurs at this point.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:49 PM
I can see him signing in Minny if they get rid of Rubio.

raybies
06-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Even if Hill takes a 10 million dollar discount per year, you'd still need to get rid of all the bad contracts on the team to even sniff signing Millsap.

And sign and trades aren't viable anymore. Millsap won't get his value if he's traded for Aldridge.
Well, I'm assuming he takes a pay cut too. Maybe a similar contract to Hill. This one is a little dicier but at his age he should be prioritizing winning and he has already spent years in a Spurs like system.

TimDunkem
06-24-2017, 10:53 PM
Buddy, what are you smoking? I want some. :smokin

raybies
06-24-2017, 10:56 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/kqZ7ECaRLlO4o/giphy.gif
Buddy, what are you smoking? I want some. :smokin

SAGirl
06-24-2017, 11:59 PM

I agree. I don't think he's likely to get a max deal and I watched him against the Spurs with Utah early in the season and he was really special in those games.
Anyways, I do think hes a target for the Spurs, and CP3 as rumored is probably also one.
The thing with CP3 is that once LMA started with his drama, I doubt he wants to come here, so Hill probably can be convinced bc he has ties with everyone else and probably is less likely to care about Lamarcus.

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 12:04 AM

You definitely need to get players that fit what you want to do or it will not go well.

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 12:06 AM
I can see him signing in Minny if they get rid of Rubio.
Minny has had Rubio in the market for years ... years... and have been unable to move him bc what they get in exchange isn't worth it.

objective
06-25-2017, 12:26 AM
The thing with CP3 is that once LMA started with his drama, I doubt he wants to come here, so Hill probably can be convinced bc he has ties with everyone else and probably is less likely to care about Lamarcus.

And that is huge and has turned my guarded pessimism about the chances for Chris Paul to almost no shot

Paul isn't joining a team in turmoil which is what SA will be with this LMA crap. Imagine him meeting the Spurs brigade with LMA noticably absent. When he asks, "Where's LaMarcus?" There will be no good answer.

Paul + Kawhi + Aldridge is a real threat and a reason to leave L.A. but Kawhi + ??? + SloMo at PF? = NO CHANCE

And the real tragedy is that Paul would have totally​ rejuvenated Aldridge's game and numbers. Even last year, the brief moments of Andre Miller with LMA showed what a real floor general maestro could do getting Aldridge the ball in the best situations for him.

But Aldridge is such a whiny, disgraceful tool that he's screwing it all up.

They could still get Hill though, because the Jazz won't be desperate to keep him like Los Angeles and Paul. Plus Hill already knows the coaches, the city, the fit, Hill probably won't be scared away by Saboteur LaMarcus.

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2017, 12:31 AM
Spurs now just have to go hard at Milsap or Ibaka. If they can get one to commit, then dump LA to his precious Suns for a MIA 18' 1st at most -- if not dump him for nothing.

BillMc
06-25-2017, 12:33 AM
And that is huge and has turned my guarded pessimism about the chances for Chris Paul to almost no shot

Paul isn't joining a team in turmoil which is what SA will be with this LMA crap. Imagine him meeting the Spurs brigade with LMA noticably absent. When he asks, "Where's LaMarcus?" There will be no good answer.

Paul + Kawhi + Aldridge is a real threat and a reason to leave L.A. but Kawhi + ??? + SloMo at PF? = NO CHANCE

And the real tragedy is that Paul would have totally​ rejuvenated Aldridge's game and numbers. Even last year, the brief moments of Andre Miller with LMA showed what a real floor general maestro could do getting Aldridge the ball in the best situations for him.

They could still get Hill though, because the Jazz won't be desperate to keep him like Los Angeles and Paul. Plus Hill already knows the coaches, the city, the fit, Hill probably won't be scared away by Saboteur LaMarcus.
Spot on post. LMA cost us any real shot at paul (unless we flip LMA for Paul's friend Melo).

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 12:35 AM
Minny has had Rubio in the market for years ... years... and have been unable to move him bc what they get in exchange isn't worth it.
I think they're at the point where they're ready to dump him for a bag of chips, tbh. I just don't think anyone wants him.

objective
06-25-2017, 12:38 AM
Spurs now just have to go hard at Milsap or Ibaka. If they can get one to commit, then dump LA to his precious Suns for a MIA 18' 1st at most -- if not dump him for nothing.

Doesn't look like Miami can trade a first earlier than 2023

They owe 2018 protected 1-7, unprotected in 2019. They also owe 2021.

Darius Bieber
06-25-2017, 12:39 AM
Not sure why people on here are hating on the Wolves. They just created a better future for them than the Spurs have :lol, thanks to our trash ass front office.

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 12:40 AM

Exactly. That is my angle. I hope he harbors no resentment from his trade, but Pop has spoken so well of him "his favorite player...(back then)" that it's almost like Pop has a small sense of guilt about it and every time he is asked about it, he mentions it. It's obvious they love him in San Antonio. He would actually help the culture though I was looking at it from a basketball point of view.

objective
06-25-2017, 12:52 AM
Spot on post. LMA cost us any real shot at paul (unless we flip LMA for Paul's friend Melo).

Yeah, I never hated LMA until the last day or so when he really rammed it home with this social media bitchiness.

I had some limited sympathy that San Antonio wasn't what he stupidly thought it would be. And stories leaking to Macmullin and such didn't bother me because even though he was out of shape he said the right things publicly.

But now he is deliberately sabotaging an entire franchise. The franchise bent over backwards for him so far they put their heads up their asses to unretire a jersey number for him.

He's a piece of trash. If he has played along and the Spurs still didn't get Paul or another point guard upgrade, then demand the trade. That would have been settled by July 7th, with plenty of time to get traded.

But he's just being scummy and pointlessly selfish..

My first posts on him when the LMA to SA rumors got hot were pretty much right, he is a soft diva. But he was still a worthy gamble considering Marc Gasol wouldn't meet with them.

I don't even want to trade him anymore. Force him to stay, and when he shows up fat and pissy just bench him. We'll see how his free agency goes when he's a 33 year old washed up bum with emotional anxiety after a whole season of the entire city dumping on him.

Screw him, don't give him what he wants without getting something good back. He can eat it.

objective
06-25-2017, 01:01 AM
LMA the fat bum nearly going to Miami is funny. Riley would have ridden his soft ass into shape or right out of town.

Pop is too soft on these guys. He lets Parker and LMA get fat and waddle all over the court. The real leaders like Duncan and Manu and Kawhi bust their asses to get fast, to hang on to their quickness. Manu has worked himself into almost nothing but sinew, muscle, and a thin layer of hairless skin.

No more lazy fat bums on this squad please.

MaNu4Tres
06-25-2017, 01:25 AM
Doesn't look like Miami can trade a first earlier than 2023

They owe 2018 protected 1-7, unprotected in 2019. They also owe 2021.

Suns own MIA 18' 1st.

objective
06-25-2017, 01:28 AM
Suns own MIA 18' 1st.

I thought you meant trade him TO Miami since he once entertained signing there and they could use him next to Whiteside. My mistake.

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 01:49 AM
If the Spurs fall from perceived contention which requires now that they land some star FA... I don't think they will continue to get the vet min deals they have gotten in the past and will have to pay guys market prices.

KDKSpurs24
06-25-2017, 03:04 AM
If we get CP3 we're gonna probably need a rim runner. Someone he can throw lobs to because I think it helps elevates his game and opens up other options on the court. Pau definitely can't do it. Dedmon would be perfect for it but I doubt we get him back.

Ice009
06-25-2017, 03:05 AM
Even on a discount, Hill is too much. Is he worth 30 million a year even in this market? I don't personally think so.

You go for Gordon Hayward instead. If you're going to spend max and not get Chris Paul and you still want to spend max, I'd go for Hayward next. Hill, I'd only take at a discount.

Robz4000
06-25-2017, 03:12 AM
TimDunkem spitting truth all over this thread lately

dabom
06-25-2017, 03:14 AM
TimDunkem (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=16114) spitting truth all over this thread lately

Dude has been peaking lately.

therealtruth
06-25-2017, 03:17 AM
CP3 is not getting to help get over the hump against the Warriors because he can't hang defensively with Curry.

Robz4000
06-25-2017, 03:26 AM
Dude has been peaking lately.

Same with you tbh. We've had our differences in the past, including this thread in general, but your posts this offseason have been mostly must-read (when they haven't included faggot, etc).

TD 21
06-25-2017, 04:25 PM
I disagree. I believe Kawhi is just that good and more playmaking by him with players that can play a role works. Millsap is legit man. He has heart. He don't care who he's playing he performs and Hill he had that game winner against the Mavericks :facepalm and played big against the Clippers when healthy. I think you underestimate Paul's ego. And someone made a good point about what if he frustrates Leonard. I just think after this Aldridge fiasco we should've learned to keep signing Spursy guys and Hill and Millsap are perfect fits. I honestly would classify that a big three. It would be way better than we have now. Hill and Millsap are best as second options and can take turns and then you have Leonard with higher usage. Hill and Millsap can take turns. Again Kawhi is just that good. He could be better than LeBron in his Prime for at least a couple seasons imo if he can effectively play make, cause he's a better shooter and better defender.

Even James, arguably the 2nd best player ever, playing at or near peak level on offense, with 2 other offensive stars, couldn't get Warriors to 6 even and Leonard will never be in same stratosphere as James as play maker.

Spurs got lucky with Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard. Every team wants superstars and stars like them, but it's unlikely at best and Spurs are now like most: they need superstars and stars in worst way and can't really afford to be choosy. That was in part why Aldridge needed to be signed in first place.

Paul, Griffin, George, even Hayward (5 years younger than Millsap), should be exhausted first before moving on to Millsap, Hill, etc.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if someone gave Hill $25-30M. Timberwolves have $20M in cap space and are said to have him on list, but he'd have to damn near play off ball full time and I have a feeling he's intent on reuniting with Spurs, would even take slight discount to do so and I think Jazz know it; hence their being prepared to move on.

He might now be tied to Hayward in their eyes, but he wasn't months ago when they offered him the max they could on extension and he declined. Either poor advice from agent or indicative of what I said.

I wouldn't dump Aldridge for nothing. If he gets traded to Suns, it has to be for either Bender or Chriss. They wouldn't have room for all of their front court players anyway.

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 04:33 PM
And what exactly is a slight discount if he's projected to command possibly over 30 million?

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 04:42 PM
And what exactly is a slight discount if he's projected to command possibly over 30 million?

He's not getting that tbh... my opinion of course.

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 04:45 PM
Maybe not. However, I don't see him taking 20 million either. Any more than that, and I'm not sure he's worth it...Then again, the Spurs need to move on from the TP/Mills era ASAP. :lol

raybies
06-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Even James, arguably the 2nd best player ever, playing at or near peak level on offense, with 2 other offensive stars, couldn't get Warriors to 6 even and Leonard will never be in same stratosphere as James as play maker.

Spurs got lucky with Robinson, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, Leonard. Every team wants superstars and stars like them, but it's unlikely at best and Spurs are now like most: they need superstars and stars in worst way and can't really afford to be choosy. That was in part why Aldridge needed to be signed in first place.

Paul, Griffin, George, even Hayward (5 years younger than Millsap), should be exhausted first before moving on to Millsap, Hill, etc.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if someone gave Hill $25-30M. Timberwolves have $20M in cap space and are said to have him on list, but he'd have to damn near play off ball full time and I have a feeling he's intent on reuniting with Spurs, would even take slight discount to do so and I think Jazz know it; hence their being prepared to move on.

He might now be tied to Hayward in their eyes, but he wasn't months ago when they offered him the max they could on extension and he declined. Either poor advice from agent or indicative of what I said.

I wouldn't dump Aldridge for nothing. If he gets traded to Suns, it has to be for either Bender or Chriss. They wouldn't have room for all of their front court players anyway.

at work so gotta make it short, but Kawhi right now can really limit Durant who the Cavaliers had no answer for. Durant made James look old. Look at the stats to what Kawhi did to him. Durant really was the difference. The key to beating GS is sound defense and controlling the pace. Half court execution. Hill and Millsap can defend and switch, can play team ball, and can execute in the half court

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 05:01 PM
Maybe not. However, I don't see him taking 20 million either. Any more than that, and I'm not sure he's worth it...Then again, the Spurs need to move on from the TP/Mills era ASAP. :lol

yea... I am hoping around 25 mill... seems excessive but he's a guy that is a legit starter in the league.
Mills is around 15 mill and you saw what you have there in the playoffs.

New NBA salaries are just crazy.

TD 21
06-25-2017, 05:28 PM

Not a snowballs chance in hell he gets that.

Impossible to say an exact amount or even range, but there's too many signs to ignore and subjectively he strikes me as the type who'd prioritize happiness over squeezing out every last cent . . . just like Green, who I was right about in '15.

at work so gotta make it short, but Kawhi right now can really limit Durant who the Cavaliers had no answer for. Durant made James look old. Look at the stats to what Kawhi did to him. Durant really was the difference. The key to beating GS is sound defense and controlling the pace. Half court execution. Hill and Millsap can defend and switch, can play team ball, and can execute in the half court

No one has the stamina to, over the course of a series, average in excess of 40 mpg, primarily guard Durant and be near sole creator on offense.

You need everything you said and most importantly elite star power.

TimDunkem
06-25-2017, 05:45 PM
Not a snowballs chance in hell he gets that.

Impossible to say an exact amount or even range, but there's too many signs to ignore and subjectively he strikes me as the type who'd prioritize happiness over squeezing out every last cent . . . just like Green, who I was right about in '15.

Yeah, let's hope so. But, again, every year we say this guy or that guy won't get that crazy contract yet, every single year, they do. :lol

SAGirl
06-25-2017, 06:06 PM
Utah definitely getting ready for Hill to move on...

gambit1990
06-25-2017, 07:55 PM
cp3 tied for 1st in steals this past season. would be great having a starting PG that you don't have to worry about hiding on defense.

cp3, murray/green/kawhi :ihit

but it seems like the spurs would rather have:
cp3, murray, parker/???/kawhi :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

rjv
06-27-2017, 04:40 PM
not sure to read this as clippers having legitimate concerns or just covering their bases.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/clippers-reportedly-meet-with-soon-to-be-free-agent-chris-paul-to-discuss-future/

cd98
06-27-2017, 05:57 PM
I kind of get Spurs offering CP3 the max or close to it to chase a ring. I don't get why the Clippers want to pay 32 year old Chris Paul $205 million to play for a team that is over the tax (especially w/ Paul's contract) and don't have the assets to improve their roster. I know Chris Paul keeps them somewhat relevant, but the writing on the wall says its time to convert him into some assets and start over.

BatManu20
06-27-2017, 11:05 PM

coachmac87
06-27-2017, 11:42 PM

I think this just shows he's leaving the Clippers...just depends where now I guess. I think it's a telling sign that someone is really contemplating leaving when other players from opposing teams get involved before FA begins. This could easily be Harden knowing CP3 to SA is real and more likely then some think..which wouldn't be good for Harden or the Rockets...so he's reaching out.

This does make me a little nervous because Houston is desperate and will do anything tbh..GM has already came out saying they've got "tricks up their sleeves" and I'm curious to see who makes the moves first (Spurs/Rockets) to get the space or pieces to pitch to Paul. It would really be a bitch if Paul goes to Houston cause he felt "wanted" cause Harden reached out and Kawhi has that D-Rose mentality lol

hooperflash
06-28-2017, 12:28 AM
We have a meeting with him on Saturday

Raven
06-28-2017, 12:45 AM
really don't see why would anyone go out of their way to make room for him... if he wants to title chase then it's only right for him to take a vet min type of contract.

eDizzle20
06-28-2017, 06:18 AM
Lol. CP3 to Houston. Did he watch how Harden gave up in game 6 against the Spurs? Or how D'Antoni was spaced out during Houston's beating?

AFMadison
06-28-2017, 07:08 AM
Where'd you find this out at? Can't find it anywhere..

cutewizard
06-28-2017, 07:26 AM
CP3 is intelligent,hope he makes the right choice >>>>>>> SPURS!

Jdspur20
06-28-2017, 07:41 AM
Can Houston even afford him?

djohn2oo8
06-28-2017, 07:55 AM
Can Houston even afford him?

Yes. They can clear space for two stars. Doubt it happens though.

buttsR4rebounding
06-28-2017, 08:33 AM
CP3 would go crazy in a NoD'Antoni system. You don't get 1st team all-D without really caring about that side of the ball. The way Paul gets on players for missing assignments he and Harden would come to blows by game 20. CP3: James, you have to stay in front of your man. Harden: Talk to the beard...I ain't payed to play D.

Kindergarten Cop
06-28-2017, 09:19 AM
CP3 would go crazy in a NoD'Antoni system. You don't get 1st team all-D without really caring about that side of the ball. The way Paul gets on players for missing assignments he and Harden would come to blows by game 20. CP3: James, you have to stay in front of your man. Harden: Talk to the beard...I ain't payed to play D.

As much as I do not believe the rumor - and obviously do not want CP3 to end up in Houston - but did you happen to see who the other guard on the NBA's First Team Defense was?

buttsR4rebounding
06-28-2017, 09:29 AM
As much as I do not believe the rumor - and obviously do not want CP3 to end up in Houston - but did you happen to see who the other guard on the NBA's First Team Defense was?

True. But Beverly isn't known for being a vocal leader. I doubt he ever gave crap to Harden about his lack of D. I am certain CP3 wouldn't feel any restrictions in doing so. Heck, the contrast between him and Harden probably got him extra votes.

Ron Swanson
06-28-2017, 10:40 AM
He is being traded to Houston. Wojbomb.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 10:41 AM
:lmao But Mr,Body didn't believe it for a second! :lol

Spurs9
06-28-2017, 10:42 AM

06-28-2017, 10:43 AM
:lol spurms

LakerHater
06-28-2017, 10:45 AM

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Well, saves Spurs from overspending for him.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 10:48 AM

LakerHater
06-28-2017, 10:49 AM
Aftr drafting a Guard in the first round, spurs wernt gonna get Paul!

HarlemHeat37
Will this finally end the dreams of Spurs fans that believe any superstar would ever join this team, tbh? It's never going to happen..

TimDunkem
But the Spurs would have to overpay! :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-28-2017, 10:50 AM
Paul joins a team he lost a 3-1 lead to. :lmao

Dex
06-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Two great players for sure, but they can't both dominate the ball.

Rockets will still be scary, but not sure this really makes them much better than last year.

SuperCam
06-28-2017, 10:53 AM
spurs get cuckolded :bang

AFMadison
06-28-2017, 10:54 AM
Move Harden to PG, nearly wins MVP. Chase after CP3, now move Harden back to SG. Nice job Houston, soon to be a dumpster fire. This reminds me of Gasol choosing the Bulls over the Spurs. CP3 will realize this fuck up soon and come on over to SA

SuperCam
rumor that CP3 called LMA about forming a big three but that LMA told him not to come

TimDunkem
Two great players for sure, but they can't both dominate the ball.

Rockets will still be scary, but not sure this really makes them much better than last year.
Every shooter in the league would love to play with those guys. Don't kid yourself.

Dex
Also, this pretty much removes L.A. as a legitimate threat in the West, so one less team to worry about.

Spurs to start chasing Griffin?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-28-2017, 10:55 AM
Two ball dominant guards on one team. One basketball. Good luck with that, Houston.

rjv
they lose depth and still don't really have a super team. chemistry will be an initial issue and they still can't defend. terrible choice by CP3 and the end of the clippers. so much for the magic of jerry west.

look_at_g_shred
lol Clippers had a way better team. Chris paul lol fucking loser

LakerHater
06-28-2017, 10:56 AM
Also, this pretty much removes L.A. as a legitimate threat in the West, so one less team to worry about.

Spurs to start chasing Griffin?

I hope not!

look_at_g_shred
06-28-2017, 10:56 AM
but but he's not going to leave all that money on the table.... muh 5th year tho :cry

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 10:57 AM
they lose depth and still don't really have a super team. chemistry will be an initial issue and they still can't defend. terrible choice by CP3 and the end of the clippers. so much for the magic of jerry west.
Yeah. What are they going to do without Bev, Dekker, and freaking Troy Williams?

cd98
06-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Yeah. What are they going to do without Bev, Dekker, and freaking Troy Williams?

Doc needs to hang up his GM hat.

look_at_g_shred
06-28-2017, 11:01 AM
Doc needs to hang up his GM hat.
Doc is gone imho

cd98
06-28-2017, 11:02 AM
Kawhi needs to pick up the phone. Players are now determining destination.

Spurs9
06-28-2017, 11:03 AM
itsnothappening.gif

MaNu4Tres
06-28-2017, 11:03 AM
CP3 sacrificed 11 million next year by opting in.

rjv
06-28-2017, 11:04 AM
what this tells me though is that the spurs would have had a shot, had they really been willing to dump all of that cap space. maybe the recent aldridge fiasco didn't help CP3's perception of the team. maybe he wasn't convinced the spurs were going to be able to clear the space needed without killing the team. maybe he just felt playing next to harden was a better fit than being with leonard.

Rob123
06-28-2017, 11:04 AM
The thing about this move is that everyone made the argument that adding KD was going to the weaken the warriors because there's only one ball. This was simply not the case.

The counter argument is that KD is 6'11 and his prime. Paul is 5'11 and coming out of his prime. Not sure having your two best, ball dominant players under 6'2 is really the way to go.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-28-2017, 11:05 AM
Spurs are fucked moving forward. Kawhi needs help badly

Kindergarten Cop
06-28-2017, 11:06 AM
Keep in mind that, as of now, this is CP3 on a one year deal after opting in (unless he agrees to an extension). So this whole thing could resurface again in 2018.

rjv
The thing about this move is that everyone made the argument that adding KD was going to the weaken the warriors because there's only one ball. This was simply not the case.

The counter argument is that KD is 6'11 and his prime. Paul is 5'11 and coming out of his prime. Not sure having your two best, ball dominant players under 6'2 is really the way to go. as is, the rockets maybe catch the spurs but they are no where in the area of GS. unless, houston still has moves planned.

cjw

Yeah, but now Rockets get his Bird Rights and he can sign 5 year super max in one year.

baseline bum
06-28-2017, 11:07 AM
Paul joins a team he lost a 3-1 lead to. :lmao

That's the new recipe for winning a title.

Ice009
Move Harden to PG, nearly wins MVP. Chase after CP3, now move Harden back to SG. Nice job Houston, soon to be a dumpster fire. This reminds me of Gasol choosing the Bulls over the Spurs. CP3 will realize this fuck up soon and come on over to SA

lol, there is no way in hell I'd take Chris Paul later on. Even if it is a fuck up and he wants to come over, I wouldn't want an even older version of him.

Vic Petro

Yeah but he'll sign a max extension and make more money on the back end of that deal, no?

look_at_g_shred
06-28-2017, 11:08 AM
If CP can't see that its Kawhi > Harden then fuck em

baseline bum
This sucks, now the Spurs are going to fucking overpay for scrub ass George Hill.

BillMc
It's a sign and trade, so is Paul still getting the Supermax?

look_at_g_shred
06-28-2017, 11:09 AM
This sucks, now the Spurs are going to fucking overpay for scrub ass George Hill.
Hopefully not, I haven't seen much interest for him.

Kindergarten Cop
Yeah, but now Rockets get his Bird Rights and he can sign 5 year super max in one year.

I thought that the super max could only be available with your original drafting team.

baseline bum
lol, there is no way in hell I'd take Chris Paul later on. Even if it is a fuck up and he wants to come over, I would want an even older version of him.

No shit. The only reason to get Paul would be for the first couple of years. Who wants him when he's 34 or 35?

Budkin
06-28-2017, 11:10 AM
Will this finally end the dreams of Spurs fans that believe any superstar would ever join this team, tbh? It's never going to happen..

It's because they don't want Pop to yell at them.

cd98
06-28-2017, 11:11 AM

This isn't a great market for PG. Spurs will get him on a good deal.

noles1983
06-28-2017, 11:12 AM
Fuck that guy, his loss. Harden is a cancer, will change nothing for Paul he will still never ring. Would be nice if more players would move to the Eastern conference.

AFMadison
06-28-2017, 11:12 AM
lol, there is no way in hell I'd take Chris Paul later on. Even if it is a fuck up and he wants to come over, I wouldn't want an even older version of him.
He'd come off the bench behind Murray for the vet min.

Budkin
06-28-2017, 11:13 AM

Meeting cancelled I guess.

BillMc
06-28-2017, 11:15 AM
The LMA news killed our chances of being a "one piece away" championship contender. Could be a blessing in disguise. All that money for an aging, injury prone player.

Still, Houston will be better (for about a year)....

buttsR4rebounding
06-28-2017, 11:15 AM
While I would have like to have Paul it is not the end of the world. DA is incapable of coaching a team to the Finals. Paul signing a supermax deal next year means he will be 38 and getting $50 million. Rockets better fire DA while they still have a chance.

CGD
06-28-2017, 11:18 AM
The LMA news killed our chances of being a "one piece away" championship contender. Could be a blessing in disguise. All that money for an aging, injury prone player.

Still, Houston will be better (for about a year)....

Wholly agree, the LMA thing changed the calculus. Makes me think Paul was really think of coming to SA before that though.

baseline bum
06-28-2017, 11:18 AM
This isn't a great market for PG. Spurs will get him on a good deal.

I'd rather throw Murray into the fire and see what the team has with him. With Aldridge's bitch act, CP3 off the market, and Paul George determined to go to the Lakers at all costs I think now is the time for a full rebuild around Kawhi. I wouldn't blow the team up if we could have second half of 2015-16 Aldridge, but now might as well work on trying to be a title contender in 2-3 years. So no old guys like Hill.

EIC
06-28-2017, 11:22 AM
West is becoming a two-team race between GSW and Houston. OKC and LAC are now smoking craters and the Spurs' roster is in shambles between Gasoft, LaMarsha, and a gimpy Porker.

Maybe we can poach Westbrook.

bklynspursfan
06-28-2017, 11:22 AM

he wants to be the guy to do the yellin'

cjw
06-28-2017, 11:23 AM
I thought that the super max could only be available with your original drafting team.

That only applies to players with 8 or 9 years of service I think to get them to 35% of cap more quickly. CP3 will have 10+ and will be eligible.

bklynspursfan
West is becoming a two-team race between GSW and Houston. OKC and LAC are now smoking craters and the Spurs' roster is in shambles between Gasoft, LaMarsha, and a gimpy Porker.

FA hasn't even started yet lol. This team will make moves.

Dex
These motherfuckers are going to flop their way into like 40 points per game.

Spur|n|Austin
06-28-2017, 11:24 AM
Congrats on the lateral promotion CP3!

RD2191
06-28-2017, 11:25 AM
I'd rather throw Murray into the fire and see what the team has with him. With Aldridge's bitch act, CP3 off the market, and Paul George determined to go to the Lakers at all costs I think now is the time for a full rebuild around Kawhi. I wouldn't blow the team up if we could have second half of 2015-16 Aldridge, but now might as well work on trying to be a title contender in 2-3 years. So no old guys like Hill.

Unbold and then bold this man for this truth telling.

BillMc
I wonder if dreams of how well guards look in D'Antoni systems (Nash, Harden, even Linn for a whle) were a factor in it for CP3. Probably thinks he's an MVP candidate now. :lol

That's most likely it tbh, 99% of those superstars don't want a control freak for a coach, especially one who's low key racist to boot :lol

BillMc
06-28-2017, 11:27 AM

God that's true. The Flop Brothers will be excruciating to watch.

Ice009
06-28-2017, 11:28 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Gasol bolts.

Ice009
06-28-2017, 11:30 AM

Fuck, I forgot all about their flopping ways. Of course they wanted to play together. How could I have not made that connection. They're going to try and flop their way past the Warriors and onto the red carpet of next years NBA awards. They're going to take their acting to the next level.

Spur|n|Austin
06-28-2017, 11:30 AM
Spurs were only going to pursue him in his free agency.

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 11:31 AM
/thread :rolleyes

maybe after not winning in houston he'll sign with us when he's 36 :lol

tbdog
06-28-2017, 11:32 AM
Rockets got better, at least for a seaaon.

goliath
06-28-2017, 11:33 AM
Spurs didn't show significant interest in Chris Paul, source told ESPN. Already have an aging point guard in Tony Parker.

Jeff Goodman, ESPN Insider

06-28-2017, 11:41 AM
It's a sign and trade, so is Paul still getting the Supermax?

He decided to opt-in on his current contract, which made the trade possible. I'm thinking they'll work out an extension over the Summer.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Lmao Spurs waiting on TP to come back.

BillMc
06-28-2017, 11:42 AM
He decided to opt-in on his current contract, which made the trade possible. I'm thinking they'll work out an extension over the Summer.
Thanks.

bklynspursfan
06-28-2017, 11:42 AM

CGD
06-28-2017, 11:43 AM
Spurs didn't show significant interest in Chris Paul, source told ESPN. Already have an aging point guard in Tony Parker.

This actually makes me happy to hear, that they weren't all in on Paul.

Russ
06-28-2017, 11:45 AM

Let's see, Jerry West and the Spurs showed no interest in CP3.

Houston (with their history of acquiring washed up veterans Pippen, Barkley and Dwight Howard) wanted CP3.

Now watch all the talking heads give Houston a title just like they did when Aldridge came to the Spurs.

bklynspursfan
06-28-2017, 11:46 AM

Whoops, didn't see you posted this already.. :tu

Russ
06-28-2017, 11:49 AM

I posted that a week ago. You had to see this coming -- Jerry West wouldn't touch CP3 with a ten foot pole.

LakerHater
06-28-2017, 11:49 AM

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 11:53 AM
"Chris Paul was seriously interested in Spurs"
"Spurs didn't show significant interest in Chris Paul"

trump's america

houston spurs fan
06-28-2017, 11:55 AM
This is Spurs circa 2000-2002. Build your team around Kawhi, develop your players, hope you get lucky with them turning into a young TP or Manu, keep knocking on the door until you break through and beat the Warriors like TD did with the Lakers. RC and Pop are too disciplined, they have been through this before, the formula is written...draft well and develop your young players

RD2191
06-28-2017, 11:58 AM
This is Spurs circa 2000-2002. Build your team around Kawhi, develop your players, hope you get lucky with them turning into a young TP or Manu, keep knocking on the door until you break through and beat the Warriors like TD did with the Lakers. RC and Pop are too disciplined, they have been through this before, the formula is written...draft well and develop your young players

Truth bomb, faggot.

06-28-2017, 11:58 AM
I sure hope the Rockets don't get Paul Millsap if they can dump Ryan Anderson.

I'm hoping the Spurs can find a way to nab him if they can shed Aldridge.

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 12:01 PM
spurs had a chance to sign an all time great... they tried signing kidd in the past.

if the report that they weren't that interested in cp3 because they already have an aging PG is true then... damn. that is fucking retard.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 12:01 PM
I sure hope the Rockets don't get Paul Millsap if they can dump Ryan Anderson.

I'm hoping the Spurs can find a way to nab him if they can shed Aldridge.
But, but, but he's too old and ST doesn't want him!

Meanwhile, the Spurs are waiting for TP to return.

TimDunkem
06-28-2017, 12:02 PM
spurs had a chance to sign an all time great... they tried signing kidd in the past.

if the report that they weren't that interested in cp3 because they already have an aging PG is true then... damn. that is fucking retard.
It's half true. Spurs are indeed waiting for their precious TP to return, but not wanting CP3 is just them saving face.

Hoops Czar
06-28-2017, 12:06 PM

But, but, but Spurs fan's were convinced he was coming. They even dedicated a 42 page thread to him.