CB - Captain Munnerlyn
WR - Charles Johnson

Draft Additions:
RB - Christian McCaffery (1st Round)
WR - Curtis Samuels (2nd Round)
OT - Taylor Moton (2nd Round)
DE - Daeshon Hall (3rd round)
CB - Corn Elder (5th round)

Got Christian McCaffery and Curtis Samuel in first two rounds. No excuses for Cam - he has weapons. Both are going to be great additions to the offense.

Picked up 4 potential starters in free agency and two in the draft.

spurraider21
04-30-2017, 06:54 PM
matt kalil and charles johnson are garbage. mike adams is nice, and peppers still has some gas in the tank as a situational pass rusher.

but yeah, they invested in Cam in the draft pretty heavily. big prove-it season for him after least year...

Avante
05-01-2017, 01:30 AM
I'm getting McCaffrey and Samuels out in space with ball in hand. Both can go the distance at any time. So if Newton can get his game back together, a healthy Benjamin and the stud Olsen that O should be vastly improved over 2016. But....D???

And, both the Falcons and Buc's are improving.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2017, 09:42 AM
Mike Shula wants to give Cam Newton more Tom Brady-style passes

The Panthers have been talking about evolving their offense all offseason. Specifically, they want to try to turn Cam Newton into a little more of a Tom Brady.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/01/mike-shula-wants-to-give-cam-newton-more-tom-brady-style-passes/

:lmao Holy fuck, the Panthers are delusional. The smart move for them would be to tank for Darnold this season, but instead they're tricking themselves into thinking a gimmick game-manager can be the new Brady.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 10:48 AM
I'm getting McCaffrey and Samuels out in space with ball in hand. Both can go the distance at any time. So if Newton can get his game back together, a healthy Benjamin and the stud Olsen that O should be vastly improved over 2016. But....D???

With the NFC East and AFC West cannibalizing each other this year... the NFC North being average and the AFC East being 1 team and 3 bad rebuilding teams... the NFC South should have the gaudiest records in the league.

Falcons 11-5
Bucs 11-5
Saints 10-6
Panthers 9-7

... or something like that.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-01-2017, 11:50 AM
With the NFC East and AFC West cannibalizing each other this year... the NFC North being average and the AFC East being 1 team and 3 bad rebuilding teams... the NFC South should have the gaudiest records in the league.

Falcons 11-5
Bucs 11-5
Saints 10-6
Panthers 9-7

... or something like that.

You're entitled to your own opinion, but those records are ridiculous. No point of even arguing with you because you will argue your stupid moot point - but if you think Carolina is the worst team in the division - and their year off last year was more off of lack of skill instead of injuries that plagued the team - then there's no point.

Trill Clinton
05-01-2017, 11:54 AM
i wish they would have got cam another receiver either in the draft or FA. i heard kelvin benjamin has ballooned up to 280 smh

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-01-2017, 11:56 AM
i wish they would have got cam another receiver either in the draft or FA. i heard kelvin benjamin has ballooned up to 280 smh

He came in overweight again, but he's not at 280. We got Curtis Samuels in the second round for our slot. He ran a 4.31 40 - the 12th fastest 40 in combine history. This year Shula wants to have Cam get rid of the ball early instead of his usual play action, long-developing routes. They want to use him and McCaffery like the Pats used White and Lewis.

Another pure receiver would have been nice, but these weapons Carolina picked up are going to help our offense out a LOT.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-01-2017, 12:05 PM

Pretty much this. But our defense is looking really good in my opinion.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 12:13 PM
You're entitled to your own opinion, but those records are ridiculous. No point of even arguing with you because you will argue your stupid moot point - but if you think Carolina is the worst team in the division - and their year off last year was more off of lack of skill instead of injuries that plagued the team - then there's no point.

I don't think they're the "worst" team in the division. There's no "worst" team but it's a division with all 4 competitive teams and maybe the only one in that regard (possibly outside of the NFC East). There's no rebuilding, bad, or mediocre teams in the division. Ultimately it's going to come down to, who plays at home against New England (Panthers go to Foxborough so that's a loss) and who plays who and WHEN on the schedule.

The AFC East is going to be historically lousy well at least the bottom 2 (Bills are a huge mess for now, Jets are starting their rebuilding process), you have one great team who coming off yet another championship will probably go 12-4 or so, maybe 11-5 at worst. A second team who overachieved given an easy schedule last year who won't be as good this year, they still don't have a legit QB or much on defense, their OL is meh too.

Meanwhile the NFC South features 4 of the game's top 15 quarterbacks and a bucket-load of offensive weapons on top of that.

I think the Panthers will rebound from last year for sure but that OL is still a question mark, I want to see the trips and quad option plays this year so the Panthers should be fun to watch if so.

I have:

@ 49ers W
vs Bills W
vs Saints W
@ Patriots L
@ Lions L
vs Eagles W
@ Bears W
@ Buccaneers W
vs Falcons L
vs Dolphins W
@ Jets W
@ Saints L
vs Vikings W
vs Packers L
vs Buccaneers L
@ Falcons L

9-7

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-01-2017, 12:15 PM
I have us going 10-6/9-7 with a wildcard so that's fair. I expect Tampa to play well around the same record, and I could easily see ATL collapsing (Ryan is a midget mentally) or maintaining their play. I don't see New Orleans sniffing 10 wins this year - and I don't see us missing out on the playoffs with most likely a wildcard berth.

But that's why the games are played.

@ 49ers W
vs Bills W
vs Saints W
@ Patriots L
@ Lions L
vs Eagles W
@ Bears W
@ Buccaneers L
vs Falcons W
vs Dolphins W
@ Jets W
@ Saints W
vs Vikings W
vs Packers W
vs Buccaneers L
@ Falcons L

10-6 with 11-5 and 9-7 chances

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 12:20 PM
The NFC South division games are going to be fun and exciting and competitive as hell. Prepare for a lot of 45-38 type games and the like.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 12:24 PM
I have us going 10-6/9-7 with a wildcard so that's fair. I expect Tampa to play well around the same record, and I could easily see ATL collapsing (Ryan is a midget mentally) or maintaining their play. I don't see New Orleans sniffing 10 wins this year - and I don't see us missing out on the playoffs with most likely a wildcard berth.

@ 49ers W
vs Bills W
vs Saints W
@ Patriots L
@ Lions L
vs Eagles W
@ Bears W
@ Buccaneers L
vs Falcons W
vs Dolphins W
@ Jets W
@ Saints W
vs Vikings W
vs Packers W
vs Buccaneers L
@ Falcons L

9-7 won't make the WC in the deep NFC this year and yes I can see you beating the Packers and going 10-6. But 10-6 won't necessarily lock you in in the NFC, either.

I can't see the Saints regressing that bad. Brees and that offense is still dynamic and they did improve again on defense -- little by little, but if their 2 star oft-injured young corners stay healthy it could be a tipping point. Plus they have the best DT combo in the division. LBs still a big problem for the Saints.

Plus, the Saints lost 3 non-division games last year by a combined 5 points, twice at home on a fluke play that won't happen again. They outperformed their record and they were the #1 offense in the league, even better than the Falcons.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Okay, maybe the Saints go 9-7 and the Panthers 10-6. That's a fair assessment. Perhaps one of the NFC North teams not named the Packers overachieves (doubt it... Lions is a possibility) and the Saints lose that one. Maybe they lose in MIN to the Vikings on opening Monday night. Whatever.

Division has come a long, long, loooooooooooong, LONG way since the abomination of 2014 and could be a not-so-dark-horse candidate to be talked about as the "best" division in football this year, at least record wise.

Avante
05-01-2017, 12:35 PM
No logical reasoning as to why the Panthers can't compete for the division title....none? Can they beat the Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys in the playoffs? There I have my doubts.

What sucks is those fans who get totally out of touch with reality because they like a player/team or don't like some player/team. This does suck. Keep it real.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 06:41 PM
No logical reasoning as to why the Panthers can't compete for the division title....none? Can they beat the Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys in the playoffs? There I have my doubts.

What sucks is those fans who get totally out of touch with reality because they like a player/team or don't like some player/team. This does suck. Keep it real.
The logical reasoning is that it's an ultra-tough division with 4 quality teams and they're playing the AFC East next year which will be godawful outside of Foxboro because of all the rebuilding and bad QB play.

Can they compete? Yes

Can they win it? Possibly, but not probably. Like NLS said, the Saints are probably the weakest team (barely) in the division, they'll likely go 8-8 or 9-7 or so but still be very competitive and their offense very hard to contain. I give the Panthers about a 25% shot to win that stacked division. Falcons the incumbent 35%, rising dynamic Bucs 30%, which leaves around 10% for the Saints who still have the biggest defensive flaws.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-01-2017, 06:44 PM
I do see a path to 11-5 for the Panthers but they really need to have a fast start around that Patriots loss, play well through the end of November because December looks rough for them.

JohnnyMax
05-02-2017, 05:18 AM
Falcons and Panthers are only proven teams. Saints haven't made playoffs in a long while and Tampa is not worth discussing.

Pelicans78
05-02-2017, 07:46 AM

@ 49ers W
vs Bills W
vs Saints W
@ Patriots L
@ Lions L
vs Eagles W
@ Bears W
@ Buccaneers L
vs Falcons W
vs Dolphins W
@ Jets W
@ Saints W
vs Vikings W
vs Packers W
vs Buccaneers L
@ Falcons L

You guys aren't gonna sweep us. Sorry. We were better last year and we had a ton of injuries as well and lost a ton of close games throughout the season. You guys didn't improve enough to be able to sweep us especially when we improved our defense, o-line, and running game. Your injuries weren't any worse than ours throughout the season.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-02-2017, 10:04 AM
You guys aren't gonna sweep us. Sorry. We were better last year and we had a ton of injuries as well and lost a ton of close games throughout the season. You guys didn't improve enough to be able to sweep us especially when we improved our defense, o-line, and running game. Your injuries weren't any worse than ours throughout the season.

It's not that I think you guys suck or anything. I think any team can make the playoffs this year. But come on man. Cam, Kuechly, Ryan Kalil, Michael Oher, Bradberry, J-Stew were all injured at some point. Those are all significant players.

Clipper Nation
05-02-2017, 10:20 AM
The Saints have a real quarterback, so they will always have a great chance to beat Carolina.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-02-2017, 02:39 PM
Panthers cut Tre Boston. Pretty down about this. He was okay as a starter but he was great when we went 15-1. Can't pay a back-up starter money.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2017, 03:26 PM
Michael Oher is garbage unless they're going to play him at guard or something... Bradberry is one of the worst starting corners in the league. At least they got Munnerlyn

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2017, 03:27 PM

Right. I have you guys splitting. I think either NO or CAR goes 10-6 or 11-5, the other goes 9-7 or 8-8. The better of the two has a good shot to get into the playoffs along with TB. A chance at two wild cards or no wild cards, depending on how the NFC East performs.

We know the NFC West is going to be 1 great team 3 bad teams, NFC North the same except their the Lions or Vikings (but not both -- leaning towards the Lions because the Vikings offense sucks) could carve out a 9-7 or so season but they're facing the tough NFC South and AFC North so they'll be a little down too outside the Packers.

SuperCam
05-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Michael Oher is garbage unless they're going to play him at guard or something... Bradberry is one of the worst starting corners in the league. At least they got Munnerlyn

Bradberry was one of the better corners in the league last year regardless of age. PFF had him with a better season than Norman :tu

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2017, 03:32 PM
Bradberry was one of the better corners in the league last year regardless of age. PFF had him with a better season than Norman :tu

He had no hands. Too many DPIs. At least he looked bad per the eye test. Like I said, Munnerlyn at CB1 and Adams at SS should be an improvement in the secondary... not sure how much Peppers has left in the tank, your pass rushers are pretty damn old which could be a problem.

SuperCam
05-02-2017, 03:42 PM
Captain is purely a nickel at this point in his career for us which is a huge upgrade from shit play that finnegan, young, or williams did last two years. Also this D-line led the league in sacks last year so even with a slight drop off it's still very good at getting pressure. we only got killed by Julio and the like because of the absolute ass that was the secondary especially when our rooks that we drafted like Beastberry and Worley weren't even in some of those games on account of injury and we had to play practice squad scrubs for 60 minutes.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Captain is purely a nickel at this point in his career for us which is a huge upgrade from shit play that finnegan, young, or williams did last two years. Also this D-line led the league in sacks last year so even with a slight drop off it's still very good at getting pressure. we only got killed by Julio and the like because of the absolute ass that was the secondary especially when our rooks that we drafted like Beastberry and Worley weren't even in some of those games on account of injury and we had to play practice squad scrubs for 60 minutes.
Sorry, but Bradberry was the one that got incinerated for 300 yards by Jones in one game... not buying it.

Not sure why you jettisoned Boston, he's a playmaker. Sacks on the blitz, picks, big tackles... bad move by FO there.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-02-2017, 07:57 PM

Bradberry rated as the highest rated rookie corner in the league last year - over Jalen Ramsey.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Bradberry rated as the highest rated rookie corner in the league last year - over Jalen Ramsey.

Jags play a lot of cover 1 and committed to it by overpaying for Barry Church, the slowest SS in the league... don't think the Jags defense will be as good as media wants them to be.

SuperCam
05-02-2017, 10:53 PM
Sorry, but Bradberry was the one that got incinerated for 300 yards by Jones in one game... not buying it.

Not sure why you jettisoned Boston, he's a playmaker. Sacks on the blitz, picks, big tackles... bad move by FO there.

Bradberry was only on Julio for 2 of his completions that day. crap ass safety play hurt the most

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-03-2017, 12:27 AM
Bradberry was only on Julio for 2 of his completions that day. crap ass safety play hurt the most

I think Bradberry was hurt that game.. it was Benwikere that was on him... hence why he got cut... UNT is just talking out of his ass. Bradberry actually did a really good job on him in the rematch.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 11:39 AM
I think Bradberry was hurt that game.. it was Benwikere that was on him... hence why he got cut... UNT is just talking out of his ass. Bradberry actually did a really good job on him in the rematch.

No, Bradberry played. Benwikere was bad too.

Avante
05-03-2017, 03:01 PM
What division has a better QB gang than the NFC South?

Ryan
Brees
Newton
Winston

Not a dog there.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-03-2017, 04:49 PM
What division has a better QB gang than the NFC South?

Ryan
Brees
Newton
Winston

Not a dog there.
NFC East pretty good too, but other than that it's a maximum of 2 good/decent qbs per division, some with just 1.

Trill Clinton
05-25-2017, 09:52 AM

Nolyfe, look at this shit slime

spurraider21
05-25-2017, 11:11 AM
https://media.tenor.co/images/f47b33504a83eb12dc7d42d20c3962fe/tenor.gif

UNT Eagles 2016
05-25-2017, 11:18 AM
https://res.cloudinary.com/cmgverticals/image/upload/f_auto,q_80/h_222,w_400/v1479071227/Peters_ibbyuf.gif

Pretty much summed up their wet-garbage 2016 season.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Nolyfe, look at this shit slime

The weight is disappointing, but he was that weight at this time last year. He looked good in OTA's.

Can't get too mad about a guy going 60% in OTA's. We'll see by the end of training camp.

We aren't going to be focusing on him as much next year. McCaffery, Samuel will take much of the burden off him and Olsen.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-27-2017, 04:52 PM
The weight is disappointing, but he was that weight at this time last year. He looked good in OTA's.

Can't get too mad about a guy going 60% in OTA's. We'll see by the end of training camp.

We aren't going to be focusing on him as much next year. McCaffery, Samuel will take much of the burden off him and Olsen.
How do you let a guy 5 inches shorter and 80 pounds lighter than you, take your cookie at the end of a tied game? :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-31-2017, 10:33 AM
Curtis Samuel looks like an absolute gem. Many are saying him and Cooper Kupp could either be easily the best receiver of this class.

I haven't been this excited for a Panthers season in quite some time. Newton should easily have a bounce back year.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-31-2017, 10:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1iAhivYaWw&t=36s

Big changes coming to our offense.

OTA notes:
- Newton is working with team but is focused on footwork, mechanics and not throwing the ball with his surgically repaired torn rotator cuff
- Rookie LT Taylor Moton has impressed early and could challenge for the starting right tackle spot, especially with questions (legal and health) with Michael Oher
- Curtis Samuel has impressed early with speed and catching over the shoulder passes. Samuel didn't drop a single pass in his college career. He is the only player in history to record 700 yards on the ground and receiving in the same year.
- Kelvin Benjamin is looking crisp with his routes and making some difficult catches. He looks to bounce back from a "down year" that still consisted of 1000 yards receiving.
- McCaffrey won't show up until mid-June due to NFL rules. J-Stew quickly denounced issues of them carrying the load.
- Mario Addison is looking hungry after the contract extension. He led the team with 10 sacks last year in a rotational role. He is expected to start next to Julius Peppers on a front four that led the league in sacks last year.
- Kuechly looks great as usual, and stated he will make no changes to his game despite missing the final six games of concussion protocol last year.
- The DB's look to be the best DB tandem Carolina has had since the 2003 Super Bowl. With Munnerlyn and Adams joining Kurt Coleman, rookie standout James Bradberry and Darryl Worley, the team looks to mix youth and experience, like they did in their SuperBowl run when they had Norman, Benwikere, Peanut Tillman and Roman Harper.
- The 7th round kicker picked up easily booted 5 straight 60 yard field goals, putting Graham Gano on notice, who could be cut before the year.

spurraider21
05-31-2017, 11:33 AM
Kelvin Benjamin is looking crisp with his routes

https://media.tenor.co/images/f47b33504a83eb12dc7d42d20c3962fe/tenor.gif

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2017, 11:49 AM
I think the Panthers go 10-6 but miss the playoffs in a rather stacked NFC in 2017.

Still, you better hope someone other than Br:loldberry is your starting CB1.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-31-2017, 12:31 PM
Still, you better hope someone other than Br:loldberry is your starting CB1.

Bradberry is a legit corner. You are literally the first and only person on media sites I've seen take a disliking to him or his skillset. If anything it would be Worley I'm worried about.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-31-2017, 12:35 PM
Bradberry ranked as the 22nd best corner last year by midseason and finished 13th, ahead of Norman (PFF):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/

22. James Bradberry, Carolina Panthers, 80.4

The play of rookie James Bradberry has been impressive. A second-round rookie out of Samford, Bradberry has made the leap from the FCS to being the No. 1 corner for his new NFL team in his rookie season, and has started to look very good. Bradberry has shown the ability to make plays in both man and zone coverage, breaking up passes he has no right to challenge for, and hasn’t surrendered a catch longer than 28-yards all season. The Panthers’ defense has looked notably better the rookie is in the lineup.

Voted 19th best player under 25 by PFF

19. James Bradberry, Carolina Panthers

Replacing Josh Norman at cornerback for Carolina is no easy task, especially for a rookie making the step up from Samford College, but Bradberry has looked impressive. He wasn’t as good as Norman a season ago, but then neither was Norman himself, and Bradberry actually finished the season two spots ahead of Norman in the PFF grades with a rating of 82.6 compared to Norman’s 82.0. Rookies typically struggle at corner, so it will be interesting to see how much better he can get in year two.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2017, 12:40 PM
Bradberry is a legit corner. You are literally the first and only person on media sites I've seen take a disliking to him or his skillset. If anything it would be Worley I'm worried about.

He's an average corner... a legit nickel or dime corner, yeah... maybe even second outside corner if not a reach... but definitely not someone you want to put against the Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Alshon Jeffery, Jordy Nelsons of the league... you'll see 'em all this year. Even WR1's like Stefan Diggs, Michael Thomas and Jarvis Landry, also on the 2017 schedule, should be too much for a league average corner like that. CB2 is Bradberry's ceiling.

Should have kept Norman.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Bradberry ranked as the 22nd best corner last year by midseason and finished 13th, ahead of Norman (PFF):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-top-25-nfl-cornerbacks-this-season/

Voted 19th best player under 25 by PFF
Idk. The only three games I watched the Panthers in full in 2016 was the opening night game, the Julio 300 game and the Buccaneers MNF loss early in the season, all 3 times he was torched.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-31-2017, 12:43 PM
I'm not going to even argue with you, dude. You don't know what you're talking about.

UNT Eagles 2016
05-31-2017, 12:45 PM
I'm not going to even argue with you, dude. You don't know what you're talking about.

The reason I see the Panthers improving and doing pretty well this year is because Newton plays well in odd numbered years... Terrible in even years, though.

About zone schemes vs. man schemes, etc, I'm an old-school believer in the top wideout of the day being the top corner of the day's responsibility, and vice versa. If their WR1 gets 300 yards and 3 TDs, regardless of your scheme, it's on the CB1. Same for their WR2 vs your CB2, their slot receiver guy vs your slot defender, your tight end vs the LB or safety who normally guards tight ends, etc.

spurraider21
05-31-2017, 01:06 PM
I'm not going to even argue with you, dude. You don't know what you're talking about.i have him on ignore, but yes that's usually the case. at the start of last season he was telling me benson mayowa was better than khalil mack

Avante
06-01-2017, 09:52 PM
I do expect a big turn around this season. The young speed will back defenses off, we will see longer drives which gives that D a longer blow.

How about...9-7 with 10-6 a possibility. A wild card a...????

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-11-2017, 09:24 AM
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/3bsw4i/picture137693528/alternates/FREE_640/Julius-Peppers-Panthers

The moment you find your old Peppers jersey in your attic.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-11-2017, 11:04 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR_RB7lysGY

UNT Eagles 2016
06-11-2017, 01:04 PM
I do expect a big turn around this season. The young speed will back defenses off, we will see longer drives which gives that D a longer blow.

How about...9-7 with 10-6 a possibility. A wild card a...????

That's about where I have them.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-13-2017, 12:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCNe1mtUMAAcQSU.jpg:large

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-09-2017, 01:50 PM
One month until the first preseason games.

Carolina Panthers predicted depth chart:

QB: Cam Newton, Derek Anderson, Joe Webb
RB: Jonathan Stewart, Christian McCaffrey, Fozzy Whitaker
WR1: Kelvin Benjamin,
WR2: Devin Funchess,
WR3: Curtis Samuel, Russell Shephard
TE: Greg Olsen, Ed Dickson
OT: Matt Kalil
OT: Daryl Williams, Taylor Moton
OG: Andrew Norwell
OG: Trai Turner
C: Ryan Kalil, Ted Larsen

DE: Julius Peppers, Charles Johnson
DE: Mario Addison, DeShon Hall
DT: Star Loutelelei, Vernon Butler
DT: Kawann Short
OLB: Thomas Davis, Jeremy Cash
OLB: Shaq Thompson, Ben Boulware
MLB: Luke Kuechly
CB: James Bradberry, Corn Elder
CB: Daryl Worley
Nickle: Captain Munnerlyn
FS: Kurt Coleman, Dean Marlowe
SS: Mike Adams

Expect McCaffrey and Curtis Samuel to be high usage hybrid players.

Avante
07-09-2017, 06:08 PM
I think I talked about McCaffrey/Samuels being "situation" players for awhile. Neither is that every down type cat at the NFL level.

Really excited over just what the offense can do, it does look potent on paper.

Mobile QB
Stud TE
Speedy young backs
A thumper in Stewart
Big tall receiver

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Stewart is old and slow. Benjamin is fat and a liability. 15-1 without him, 7-9 and 6-10 seasons with him

BUT, this is an odd year, which usually bodes well for the Panthers with Newton at the helm.

Avante
07-09-2017, 07:40 PM
Stewart is old and slow. Benjamin is fat and a liability. 15-1 without him, 7-9 and 6-10 seasons with him

BUT, this is an odd year, which usually bodes well for the Panthers with Newton at the helm.

And you had the Giants beating the Packers and the Falcons beating the Pats. Sorry guy but your knowledge of this stuff......well.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 07:42 PM
And you had the Giants beating the Packers and the Falcons beating the Pats. Sorry guy but your knowledge of this stuff......well.

One year, lol.

I wish I was here in 2011-12 fall/winter to own all of you. I had Giants beating Patriots in a 2007 repeat... at the conclusion of week 17. With the 49ers being the other NFC championship game opponent. I advertised it in school and everyone was like "naaaaaawwwww... bro... Packers or Saints" and in February they all thought I was some kind of messiah.

Not only that, but the week before the Super Bowl in school I advertised to the class that the game winning play was going to be... Manning to Manningham.

I'm not shitting you.

Avante
07-09-2017, 08:06 PM
One year, lol.

I wish I was here in 2011-12 fall/winter to own all of you. I had Giants beating Patriots in a 2007 repeat... at the conclusion of week 17. With the 49ers being the other NFC championship game opponent. I advertised it in school and everyone was like "naaaaaawwwww... bro... Packers or Saints" and in February they all thought I was some kind of messiah.

Not only that, but the week before the Super Bowl in school I advertised to the class that the game winning play was going to be... Manning to Manningham.

I'm not shitting you.

Dude, watch how I do this and learn, ok? First thing you'll notice is unlike the kids here you won;t be seeing me freaking out over anything early in a season or week to week, it just doesn't work that way.

Pro teams don't have to win every game (like NCAA) all they try to do is make the playoffs so we won't be seeing an all out effort week to week, we'll see what it takes to stay in contention for a playoff spot.

Dude, been into this stuff since the late 50's,ok? So don't try and tel me anything, got it?

Fucking funny watching you.....YIPPEEEE YAHOOOOO THE FALCONS ARE SENDING AVANTE PACKING.....only to end up me felling sorry for ya and letting ya off the hook....ha~~~~~~~

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 08:28 PM
Dude, watch how I do this and learn, ok? First thing you'll notice is unlike the kids here you won;t be seeing me freaking out over anything early in a season or week to week, it just doesn't work that way.

Pro teams don't have to win every game (like NCAA) all they try to do is make the playoffs so we won't be seeing an all out effort week to week, we'll see what it takes to stay in contention for a playoff spot.

Dude, been into this stuff since the late 50's,ok? So don't try and tel me anything, got it?

Fucking funny watching you.....YIPPEEEE YAHOOOOO THE FALCONS ARE SENDING AVANTE PACKING.....only to end up me felling sorry for ya and letting ya off the hook....ha~~~~~~~
28-3 was a once in a million fluke event that will never happen again, you can ask anyone in the sports world

Avante
07-09-2017, 08:41 PM
28-3 was a once in a million fluke event that will never happen again, you can ask anyone in the sports world

Dude, what did ya learn? How about keep your fucking big mouth shut until the game is over, ok dummy? Next time I will make you serve your time, ok? Dude, a BIG GAME tested team vs ROOKIES in a "spot" like a SB, this was an easy pick and only morons didn't see it.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-09-2017, 11:59 PM
Dude, what did ya learn? How about keep your fucking big mouth shut until the game is over, ok dummy? Next time I will make you serve your time, ok? Dude, a BIG GAME tested team vs ROOKIES in a "spot" like a SB, this was an easy pick and only morons didn't see it.

Yeah before the game perhaps, even after the Blount fumble when it was 0-0, fine... but after the pick 6 that made it 21-0 late in the first half? How about after the Coleman TD to make it 28-3 more than halfway into the 3rd quarter? That was game...

Avante
07-10-2017, 01:00 AM
Yeah before the game perhaps, even after the Blount fumble when it was 0-0, fine... but after the pick 6 that made it 21-0 late in the first half? How about after the Coleman TD to make it 28-3 more than halfway into the 3rd quarter? That was game...

Belichick/Brady have been in how many big games? How about hell I done forgot his name and Ryan?

You always go with ....best Coach/QB/big game experience...ok rookie?

UNT Eagles 2016
07-10-2017, 01:20 AM
Belichick/Brady have been in how many big games? How about hell I done forgot his name and Ryan?

You always go with ....best Coach/QB/big game experience...ok rookie?

how much big game experience did Wilson/Pete Carroll have compared to Peyton Manning and company? There's plenty of counter-examples

how about 2010-11 2-time champion Steelers with Tomlin and Big Ben, vs the relative up and coming Packers who were a 10-6 team that benefited off a terrible NFC that year to get to the big dance... with Rodgers and McCarthy in their first big stage ever? How'd they do?

Avante
07-10-2017, 01:31 AM
how much big game experience did Wilson/Pete Carroll have compared to Peyton Manning and company? There's plenty of counter-examples

how about 2010-11 2-time champion Steelers with Tomlin and Big Ben, vs the relative up and coming Packers who were a 10-6 team that benefited off a terrible NFC that year to get to the big dance... with Rodgers and McCarthy in their first big stage ever? How'd they do?

How many SB's have....

Pats
Steelers
Niners
Cowboys

...won?

Now look at who those teams had as coachs and QB's. How come the Lions, Browns, Chargers, Falcons, have never won one?

Who with even half a brain takes an unproven coach/QB in a SB vs Belichick/Brady? Dude....simply common sense.

How come ya just kept hanging around refusing to leave? You were never going to leave were you?

UNT Eagles 2016
07-11-2017, 10:19 AM
Pats didn't win any until the 21st century, Cowboys and 49ers haven't won one since last century.

Avante
07-11-2017, 07:19 PM
Pats didn't win any until the 21st century, Cowboys and 49ers haven't won one since last century.

Why are you telling me that?

Clipper Nation
07-17-2017, 11:39 AM

Good move by the Panthers. They needed a real QB, not a gimmick, and Gettleman failed to get them one.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
07-17-2017, 12:05 PM
Wow... what the fuck.

On one side, Gettleman has made some serious bone-headed moves like releasing Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, and Josh Norman - all in bad taste. He's released good players off of one bad game that are great players (Tre Boston, Bene Benwikere). He is a "stick to my guns" guy and he I wanted him canned when we got rid of Norman.

But, he rebuilt this team. He drafted some absolute studs (Kuechly, Kawann Short, Star Loutelelei, Shaq). He had a vision for the team and I really liked his offseason signings both in free agency and through the draft. He had a proven pedigree with getting the Giants to win two super bowls.

Word on the street is that he wanted to release Thomas Davis - an absolute fan favorite and is one of the people behind the "Keep Pounding" moniker. Our own, old senile Jerry Richardson - was not a fan of how we got rid of two players in particular that meant a lot to the organization (Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams) and as a result canned him before doing it.

This organization is an absolute mess. Hopefully the players can overcome this distraction, because we have a great team this year.

spurraider21
07-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Take it from me... A senile owner taking control and calling the shots isn't going to end well.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-18-2017, 06:13 PM
Wow... what the fuck.

On one side, Gettleman has made some serious bone-headed moves like releasing Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams, and Josh Norman - all in bad taste. He's released good players off of one bad game that are great players (Tre Boston, Bene Benwikere). He is a "stick to my guns" guy and he I wanted him canned when we got rid of Norman.

But, he rebuilt this team. He drafted some absolute studs (Kuechly, Kawann Short, Star Loutelelei, Shaq). He had a vision for the team and I really liked his offseason signings both in free agency and through the draft. He had a proven pedigree with getting the Giants to win two super bowls.

Word on the street is that he wanted to release Thomas Davis - an absolute fan favorite and is one of the people behind the "Keep Pounding" moniker. Our own, old senile Jerry Richardson - was not a fan of how we got rid of two players in particular that meant a lot to the organization (Steve Smith, DeAngelo Williams) and as a result canned him before doing it.

This organization is an absolute mess. Hopefully the players can overcome this distraction, because we have a great team this year.
But with young guys in Thompson and Kuechly, do you really need old Thomas Davis Sr.? That's 3 high quality linebackers in a nickel/dime league.

RGMCSE
07-26-2017, 09:34 PM
Look at this asshole:

Avante
07-27-2017, 12:52 AM

Good move by the Panthers. They needed a real QB, not a gimmick, and Gettleman failed to get them one.

Dude, all that matters is winning, ok dummy? Gimmick, pocket passer, sprinter, fat fuck....it doesn't matter as long as ya win,...ok?

SuperCam
08-14-2017, 04:53 PM
Wow... what the fuck.

Hurney drafted Luke, not DG. tbh gettlemen was a mediocre evaluator of talent, only KK ever made all-pro. this team was and still is built on a foundation of hurney players and big cat got sick of gettlemen letting talent go and running off veterans.

Clipper Nation
08-14-2017, 07:26 PM
First thing you'll notice is unlike the kids here you won;t be seeing me freaking out over anything early in a season or week to week, it just doesn't work that way.
After one preseason game:

Tom Savage will be on the bench by turkeyday if he lasts that long. Watson simply has.....IT.

Savage won't end the season as the Texans QB.
lol old faggot

Avante
08-15-2017, 05:04 AM
After one preseason game:

lol old faggot

I don't blame ya little man, get it off you bragging on soon to be bench warmer Tom "Best QB in Texas" Savage, and you do know that was about you and you're stupidity.........right? And you ate it up like I knew ya would.....hook...line....sinker.

Noway I;m leting you live this one down faggot, this will join....

Derek Anderson is better than Cam Newton
The Bills are raping the Raiders (somethig to that effect) ....Raiders win.
Muffed a punt, hahah....just before............Tyreek Hill returns the next one 70 whatever....TOUCHDOWN~~~~

Dude, your kind of stupid should be illegal.

Clipper Nation
08-15-2017, 08:45 AM
chirp chirp

UNT Eagles 2016
08-15-2017, 02:25 PM
Hurney drafted Luke, not DG. tbh gettlemen was a mediocre evaluator of talent, only KK ever made all-pro. this team was and still is built on a foundation of hurney players and big cat got sick of gettlemen letting talent go and running off veterans.

Overpaying your OK right guard was :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-15-2017, 09:42 PM
Overpaying your OK right guard was :lol

2x Pro Bowl

Hopefully Norwell is next.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-15-2017, 09:52 PM
2x Pro Bowl

Hopefully Norwell is next.

that's the ticket to perennial mediocrity. Giving premium pay to arguably the 2 out of 22 least important position players. Not even tackle... frickin' GUARD. The big bowling ball in between the center and tackles whose sole job is to hit and push people backwards in the running game. And we're not talking guards who can also be elite tackles, either.

Don't forget, OL was the problem last year... Kalil brothers are average and can't stay healthy, Oher is average and rarely healthy, etc, one of the worst OL's in the league and you're going to go all Jacksonville on us? :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-16-2017, 06:35 PM
You honestly have no clue what you are talking about.... again.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-16-2017, 10:15 PM
You honestly have no clue what you are talking about.... again.

The general rule is you pay money 5 players money 5 money... with maybe two other guys outside of the money 5 position group getting money 5 money, such as some combo of two of the following... elite S, LB, DT, TE or OL.

But, you don't blow ALL your spare change on the run blocking pegs in the middle of the far more important edge protectors and nose protector who functions double as the ball snapper... football anatomy, 101.

UNT Eagles 2016
08-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Example... Seattle. They have 4 players outside the money 5 being paid top dollar, but that comes at a cost... not one, but two money-5 positions on their team are not adequately filled because they splurged on their SS, FS, LB and underachieving TE. At least with Chancellor, Thomas, and Wagner you can say they are worth it.

But their LT situation and really OL in general is in the toilet. Same can be said for wideout, arguably. Seattle almost, almost considered not maxing out Wilson in 2015 because of this. But QB is still the most important position in the game.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-17-2017, 09:36 AM
Carolina absolutely dominated San Francisco despite Cam Newton being rusty and missing a couple passes. In the second half, however, he went 6/6. This was in large part due to our defense who was absolutely shut down. Four sacks in the first half, our defensive line didn't let Hoyer relax. Peppers got his first sack of the year - only 5 a way from being fourth all-time in sacks.

There is a lot of hype on social media about the Panthers defense potentially being the best in the league again. Our front seven is absolutely shut down and the only questions in the DB area is Daryl Worley and possibly Mike Adams due to age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6d_0H0PHpk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2WJJ4neHEM

Offensively, McCaffrey had a LOT of touches last game - and did pretty well. That being said, it needs to be toned down. Benjamin and Olsen had a combined three catches, and Devin Funchess had more snaps than Benjamin. Curtis Samuel being healthy should see him in the game a lot this week against Buffalo, and should give more vertical speed. Shoutout to Russell Shephard for getting the first touchdown pass of the year. I know Silver&Black is upset about losing him on the Bucs.

The most beautiful part of last week was the fact that our offensive line was beast. No sacks on Newton, which is a huge difference from last year. Looks like the line is carrying their momentum from a great preseason into the year. So glad we picked up Matt Kalil. Our offensive guards are great too.

The biggest question for us this year is health. We have an older team - so conditioning and lack of injury bug is huge for us.

UNT Eagles 2016
09-17-2017, 11:34 AM
LB corps is best in the league, not sure about the whole front 7. DEs are just okay, no big name pass rushers to speak of.

Though beating San Francisco is not something to write home about, obviously. The offense should have scored more, too. SF is arguably the worst team in the whole NFC along with Chicago.

I want to see them crush the Bills today. Tired of seeing them and trash college offense quarterback Tyrod Taylor overachieve every year.

DeadlyDynasty
09-25-2017, 03:10 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GavOVFJTCKg

Darth_Pelican
10-31-2017, 03:33 PM
Panthers just traded fatass to the Bills.

chunticakes
10-31-2017, 03:34 PM
As an objective fantasy football owner of Benjamin, this sucks. Why couldn't they trade him to a team with a half decent QB?

DeadlyDynasty
10-31-2017, 03:37 PM
For a 3rd and a 7th. Bills still have a 3rd round pick left for 2018 draft and we should be getting some compensatory picks as well for the dudes we've cut/traded/lost to FA. WR is a glaring need on this team so hopefully he makes an impact.

I love our roster moves since the new regime took over, though...they've made believers out of everyone, and actually seem to have a plan in place. Now if we can only get a QB...

spurraider21
10-31-2017, 03:38 PM
I've got him in both my leagues. Doesn't move the needle much for his value but he dodges a bye week. Will have a 17 game season

chunticakes
10-31-2017, 03:41 PM
I'm considering trading him. What do you all think? He's numbers won't decline?

DeadlyDynasty
10-31-2017, 03:48 PM
I'm considering trading him. What do you all think? He's numbers won't decline?
Oh his #'s will decline alright, unless you see him shining in a 13ppg offense.

The Gemini Method
10-31-2017, 03:59 PM
First I may lose the service of Zeke and now someone I used a in a flex rotation with T.Hill is on the Bills? Man, there goes my perch as top scoring offense in the league :lol

chunticakes
10-31-2017, 04:32 PM
Oh his #'s will decline alright, unless you see him shining in a 13ppg offense.

Even in a PPR?

SuperCam
10-31-2017, 04:35 PM
good riddance to this fat faggot tbh. came to training camp grossly overweight in a contract year, constantly either ran the wrong route or just gave up on them, walked out of practice on several occasions, and was just an all around pussy who got out-muscled by defensive backs half a foot shorter than him. hope he likes the freezing as fuck weather after playing in florida and charlotte his whole life...