PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Chris Paul or Westbrook

lebomb
05-01-2017, 06:53 AM
Who would you take right now if you started a team? These are your only choices, so dont say Curry niggas. :lol

benefactor
05-01-2017, 07:15 AM
It's a wash. Both are great players but neither are winners.

lebomb
05-01-2017, 07:42 AM
It's a wash. Both are great players but neither are winners.

Chris hasnt played with a completely healthy team, so that kinda sucks. Blake is always banged up come playoffs. But!!!! CP3 didnt show up at all yesterday. 13pts in 40 minutes? :wow

unleashbaynes
05-01-2017, 08:00 AM
Both are chokers that blow 3-1 leads, but at least Westbrook didn't do it against fucking Josh Smith.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2017, 08:26 AM
Westbrook, easily. He wouldn't have gone out like a punk bitch in the fashion that Choke-P did yesterday.

djohn2oo8
05-01-2017, 09:40 AM
Westbrook, easily. He wouldn't have gone out like a punk bitch in the fashion that Choke-P did yesterday.

lol he did. He went out sooner.

Seventyniner
05-01-2017, 09:43 AM
Hard choice. At the same age it's easily Paul but right now I'd have to go Westbrook, you can get another 6-8 good years out of him while Paul is already 32.

lebomb
05-01-2017, 09:43 AM

Did CP3 try? At least WB puts out effort. :claw

DMC
05-01-2017, 10:30 AM
Both are chokers that blow 3-1 leads, but at least Westbrook didn't do it against fucking Josh Smith.

He did it against Klay Thompson.

DMC
05-01-2017, 10:31 AM
Did CP3 try? At least WB puts out effort. :claw

Keep running with that fallacy, homie. We've already seen the results.

lebomb
05-01-2017, 10:35 AM
Keep running with that fallacy, homie. We've already seen the results.

We already know you are a Westbrook hater. No matter what he does in a positive way you wont like him. Its cool Homie. :claw

Raven
05-01-2017, 10:38 AM
are we still talking about it? Come on guys, let's just stop with the cp3 is a great player talk forever, shall we? He's a good player, great ball handler, passer and pretty good teammate, but he's a loser compared to his competition. Westchip is a legitimate star. Has his flaws, but he doesn't have the dantoni stigma like paul does. Paul will never win anything, unless he goes the david lee way.

TDMVPDPOY
05-01-2017, 10:44 AM
they have 1 thing in common, both are wankers

Mark Celibate
05-01-2017, 10:57 AM
are we still talking about it? Come on guys, let's just stop with the cp3 is a great player talk forever, shall we? He's a good player, great ball handler, passer and pretty good teammate, but he's a loser compared to his competition. Westchip is a legitimate star. Has his flaws, but he doesn't have the dantoni stigma like paul does. Paul will never win anything, unless he goes the david lee way.

You're talking out of your buttcheeks. Nothing you said made any sense. Whatever the "Dantoni stigma" is how can you say Paul has it but Westbrook doesn't? Westbrook hasn't done shit either as the lead guy.

Clipper Nation
05-01-2017, 10:58 AM
He had a far worse team around him. And he still never disappeared like Choke-P just did in a home game 7.

spurraider21
05-01-2017, 11:40 AM
paul easily

djohn2oo8
05-01-2017, 01:01 PM
lol Westbrook took 91 more shots than the next teammate in a 5 game series. How the fuck do you take 152 shots in 5 games?

Hoops Czar
05-01-2017, 01:04 PM

He wasn't given the chance.

Raven
05-01-2017, 01:15 PM
You're talking out of your buttcheeks. Nothing you said made any sense. Whatever the "Dantoni stigma" is how can you say Paul has it but Westbrook doesn't? Westbrook hasn't done shit either as the lead guy.

the dantoni stigma is a known basketball condition where you manage to always lose in the end. It is a sense of security a person emanates, as in you just know, no matter how much it looks good at certain points, when it matters he's not going to deliver. Westchimp has been in a final.

Darth_Pelican
05-01-2017, 01:16 PM
CP3 has had the misfortune of playing for black coaches almost his entire career.

Mark Celibate
05-01-2017, 01:25 PM
paul easily

I would agree.

OP is a knucklehead, but I think this is actually a pretty good question. If you're trying to win a title, I'd go with CP3. I think you would still need someone to take over in the clutch (which Blake Griffin has proven he can't do) but with the right combination I think it could be done.

The only way I'd take Westbrook over Paul is if I have a bad team and I want the best chance of winning one game as I can get. Westbrook can put together a MJ-esque game and beat almost anybody with a team of scrubs which Paul isn't really capable of doing since he's too unselfish. Problem is that he won't do it consistently and we've already seen that he's abrasive when paired with another superstar player. I think there's a limit to how far you can go with Westbrook and there will be too many games where he does more harm than good. Unless he has Lebron James on his team, he seems destined to fail.

Either way, nice to see lebomb post a thought provoking thread. Definitely an improvement over talking about licking people's buttholes

spursistan
05-01-2017, 02:02 PM
paul easily

spursistan
05-01-2017, 02:03 PM
CP3 has had the misfortune of playing for black coaches almost his entire career.
This, tbh :lol..

Arcadian
05-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Paul

lebomb
05-01-2017, 03:14 PM
I would agree.

OP is a knucklehead, but I think this is actually a pretty good question. If you're trying to win a title, I'd go with CP3. I think you would still need someone to take over in the clutch (which Blake Griffin has proven he can't do) but with the right combination I think it could be done.

The only way I'd take Westbrook over Paul is if I have a bad team and I want the best chance of winning one game as I can get. Westbrook can put together a MJ-esque game and beat almost anybody with a team of scrubs which Paul isn't really capable of doing since he's too unselfish. Problem is that he won't do it consistently and we've already seen that he's abrasive when paired with another superstar player. I think there's a limit to how far you can go with Westbrook and there will be too many games where he does more harm than good. Unless he has Lebron James on his team, he seems destined to fail.

Either way, nice to see lebomb post a thought provoking thread. Definitely an improvement over talking about licking people's buttholes

STFU!!! I only tongue my wife's asshole. Not people clown. Also, once you have sex (with a girl).... your homies don't count. Come back and I will show you how to please her.:claw

05-01-2017, 04:14 PM
True, that's an underrated point when discussing cp0 tbh

DMC
05-01-2017, 04:17 PM
CP3 has had the choice of playing for black coaches almost his entire career.

fixed

DMC
05-01-2017, 04:18 PM
STFU!!! I only tongue my wife's asshole. Not people clown. Also, once you have sex (with a girl).... your homies don't count. Come back and I will show you how to please her.:claw

If you're showing how to lick assholes, you should wait for a female, not him. Although he might let you.

DMC
05-01-2017, 04:26 PM
What was the last championship team that didn't have a veteran presence to calm the seas when the fidgety young bucks started acting ghetto before the game was actually over, popping jerseys and acting like they won the whole thing because they got a dunk?

Shaq in LA, David in SA, then Tim, Chauncey in Detroit (they were chill anyhow), JKidd in Dallas, Mourning in Miami (along with Shaq), KG and Ray Allen in Boston, Derek Fisher in LA, Ray Allen and older Lebron in Miami (remember Lebron telling the young guys "not yet, not yet" as they started celebrating late in game 7 vs SA? AI in Golden State, then Lebron again last year with Kevin Love.

You won't get far with James Harden and Russell Westbrook types. You need some cool motherfuckers on your team, a Robert Horry or someone who's been there before. AI had not been there but he's been in the league long enough to not get jitters.

I can imagine Vince Carter would be like that for a team that could actually compete. He seems pretty chill these days, now that he is closer to mortal.

Mark Celibate
05-01-2017, 04:50 PM
What was the last championship team that didn't have a veteran presence to calm the seas when the fidgety young bucks started acting ghetto before the game was actually over, popping jerseys and acting like they won the whole thing because they got a dunk?

Shaq in LA, David in SA, then Tim, Chauncey in Detroit (they were chill anyhow), JKidd in Dallas, Mourning in Miami (along with Shaq), KG and Ray Allen in Boston, Derek Fisher in LA, Ray Allen and older Lebron in Miami (remember Lebron telling the young guys "not yet, not yet" as they started celebrating late in game 7 vs SA? AI in Golden State, then Lebron again last year with Kevin Love.

You won't get far with James Harden and Russell Westbrook types. You need some cool motherfuckers on your team, a Robert Horry or someone who's been there before. AI had not been there but he's been in the league long enough to not get jitters.

I can imagine Vince Carter would be like that for a team that could actually compete. He seems pretty chill these days, now that he is closer to mortal.

That's a great point and sometimes it's the old guys at the end of the bench who never play who are giving the advice behind the scenes. I remember in game 6 of the 2011 Finals, a few of the players (Chalmers, Stevenson, Eddie House) started ooga boogaing and almost got into a fight after somebody made a three pointer which would've gotten them all suspended for a game 7 but guys like Tyson Chandler, Brian Cardinal, and Juwan Howard stepped in and pulled them away.

DAF86
05-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Prime Paul > Prime Westbrook easily, imho. Thing is, I think Paul has regredsed a tiny bit. Although I think I would still take him over Westbrook as my number 2 guy if I want to win a championship.

Neither guy is a 1st option on a championship team.

DMC
05-01-2017, 10:30 PM
If you take Paul: You don't get past the 1st round because his pinky might be injured (most likely)
If you take Russ: You won't get past the 1st round because no one else will touch the ball but Russ.

jimbo
05-01-2017, 11:15 PM
chris paul would be a monster in d'antoni's system tbh...

he'd be finding open 3s all over the place

lebomb
05-02-2017, 07:08 AM
If you're showing how to lick assholes, you should wait for a female, not him. Although he might let you.

Only a gay person such as yourself would read into the sentence that way. :rolleyes

Clipper Nation
05-02-2017, 10:19 AM
chris paul would be a monster in d'antoni's system tbh...

he'd be finding open 3s all over the place
He would choke just like Nash.