PDA

View Full Version : Pop needs to be relieved of head coaching duties and moved to the front office.

Ice009
05-01-2017, 09:32 PM
Pop needs to be relieved of duty after this game, not fired completely, just relieved of head coaching duty. Horrible strategy to start the game and series, horrible starting lineup with David Lee out there and horrible coaching for ripping David Lee after he's the one that started him. He's lost the plot.

spursfan09
05-01-2017, 09:35 PM
It's the players themselves. They ain't in it...

Robz4000
05-01-2017, 09:40 PM
Been saying it for a couple years. Gonna prolly take a few more seasons of this though, mainstream media is just now catching on to how bad Pop has become.

james evans
05-01-2017, 09:42 PM
obviously he and Julianna Holt have something going on. I haven no explanation why he's allowed to keep playing these old ass players

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2017, 09:46 PM
I don't recall other multi-ring coaches (Pat Riley, PJ, etc) pressing the panic button like Pop does. I guess it some point it must have worked for us.
Now, it's a sure sign of a L.

Kinda hypocritical from a guy who preaches getting over oneself as a supreme virtue.
He's coaching like a junior high JV coach.

jimbo
05-01-2017, 09:47 PM
massa pop tbh

mexicanjunior
05-01-2017, 09:48 PM
obviously he and Julianna Holt have something going on. I haven no explanation why he's allowed to keep playing these old ass players

This is making Holt Cat turn over his in wheelchair...

cd98
05-01-2017, 09:49 PM
You have to try and win with what you got. How are the Spurs supposed to be better when they pick at the end of the draft. You can't get a Kawhi every year. Everyone's playing for second place out west.

ElNono
05-01-2017, 09:52 PM
he's not a surgeon, tbh... can't put a heart inside what's supposed to be your #2 player....

SuperCam
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
No more Tim coattails to ride. Spurs don't win the lottery 20 years ago and this egotistical arrogant pockmarked pathetic old man is fired in winter '98 and serves as a Larry Brown assistant before washing out of the league in the mid 2000s

Keepin' it real
05-01-2017, 09:54 PM
he's not a surgeon, tbh... can't put a heart inside what's supposed to be your #2 player....

Bingo! I think it's his heart condition. He'll retire in the offseason. His ticker is severely limiting him. Give him props for trying, but ...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2017, 09:54 PM
You have to try and win with what you got. How are the Spurs supposed to be better when they pick at the end of the draft. You can't get a Kawhi every year. Everyone's playing for second place out west.

You don't go all out for a beta volume shooter in free agency and ditch your entire offensive system like he did after they won the title.

daslicer
05-01-2017, 09:55 PM
I don't recall other multi-ring coaches (Pat Riley, PJ, etc) pressing the panic button like Pop does. I guess it some point it must have worked for us.
Now, it's a sure sign of a L.

Kinda hypocritical from a guy who preaches getting over oneself as a supreme virtue.
He's coaching like a junior high JV coach.

Riley had some pretty humiliating moments during the late 90's and early '00s. I remember in '99 the Knicks blowing out the Heat in game 1 in Miami convincingly and Riley not knowing what to do. His biggest low point came in 2001 when the 7th seed Hornets swept his 2 seed Heat in the first round. At that time the Hornets had the highest margin of victory for a first round series. Riley then quit coaching and handed the team to JVG. He came back several years later once it was evident he could win a championship with Wade and Shaq. I feel Pop and Riley are very similar. Both are very stubborn in their ways and are arrogant. They are not willing to change until they get humiliated. Pop is on the verge of having a similar downfall as Riley did during the late 90's and early '00s.

Ice009
05-01-2017, 09:56 PM
David Lee said in an interview the other day that Pop puts players in positions to exceed. I disagreed with that as soon as he said it, the ironic thing is, David Lee is the one that got screwed tonight by Pop. LOL. I wonder if D. Lee still has the same opinion?

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2017, 09:58 PM
Riley had some pretty humiliating moments during the late 90's and early '00s. I remember in '99 the Knicks blowing out the Heat in game 1 in Miami convincingly and Riley not knowing what to do. His biggest low point came in 2001 when the 7th seed Hornets swept his 2 seed Heat in the first round. At that time the Hornets had the highest margin of victory for a first round series. Riley then quit coaching and handed the team to JVG. He came back several years later once it was evident he could win a championship with Wade and Shaq. I feel Pop and Riley are very similar. Both are very stubborn in their ways and are arrogant. They are not willing to change until they get humiliated. Pop is on the verge of having a similar downfall as Riley did during the late 90's and early '00s.

Good point. I forgot about that.
And good call, Pop has lost touch, just as Riley did.

spurraider21
05-01-2017, 09:59 PM
Is Dedmon injured?

therealtruth
05-01-2017, 09:59 PM
David Lee said in an interview the other day that Pop puts players in positions to exceed. I disagreed with that as soon as he said it, the ironic thing is, David Lee is the one that got screwed tonight by Pop. LOL. I wonder if D. Lee still has the same opinion?

This is 2010 semifinals against Phoenix again. Everyone knew Pop should have started TP and he went with George Hill. They then lost the series in the first few minutes. Same thing here. Everyone in the world but Pop knows they need defense with Dedmon to contain the Rockets and he goes with David Lee.

Keepin' it real
05-01-2017, 10:01 PM
This is 2010 semifinals against Phoenix again. Everyone knew Pop should have started TP and he went with George Hill. They then lost the series in the first few minutes. Same thing here. Everyone in the world but Pop knows they need defense with Dedmon to contain the Rockets and he goes with David Lee.

Dwayne Dedmon = THE DIFFERENCE!!

bklynspursfan
05-01-2017, 10:02 PM
It's the players themselves. They ain't in it...

You're not allowed to blame players here. Its always on Pop lol

therealtruth
05-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Actually another example would be '06 against the Mavs. The Spurs had a good defensive lineup that earned them the higher seed. So Pop goes with the offensive minded vet Horry/David Lee to better matchup. The sad thing is Pop used to have the formula for owning d'Antoni's teams.

BackHome
05-01-2017, 10:03 PM
JUST LIKE POP FIRED HILL WELL SOMENE NEEDS TO FIRE HIS ANTIFA ASS.!!!

daslicer
05-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Is Dedmon injured?

No he played in garbage time in game 5 of the Grizzlies series. Pop is just giving him the Nazr treatment. I remember during game 3 of the grizzlies series when Dedmon committed two stupid turnovers in the third quarter he got sent to the bench. After that happened Pop never played him again outside of garbage time in game 5. He's getting the doghouse treatment right now.

Keepin' it real
05-01-2017, 10:07 PM
Well with the every-other-night bullshit schedule, Pop needs to sit everyone. This is over.

Ice009
05-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Dwayne Dedmon = THE DIFFERENCE!!

It may not have won us the game or the series, but most of us here could see that you needed to start with a mobile defensive big to try and slow Houston's offense down. A defensive tone is the one that you wanted to start with. Not try and run with the Rockets. How was a guy that is a very average perimeter defender and an a poor perimeter shooter himself going to help in the starting lineup? Lee had no business starting this series. I like Lee down low playing defense against someone like Z-bo (who doesn't have range out to the three point line), but not out on the perimeter against shooters like the Rockets have. Even though Dewayne is a big, he can guard out on the perimeter. And not only that, he's tall, so he could even contest those three point looks of the Rockets. It would have been very smart to start with Dedmon.

Dumb decision of Pop to start David Lee. What do you guys think he was thinking? Do you guys think that he thought Lee would dominate down low on offense? What was/is his reasoning? He started David Lee again in the second half. LOL.

Ice009
05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
And uh Danny Green. I'd like to bench him the rest of the series and trade him straight after it. Scrub just missed a free throw.

therealtruth
05-01-2017, 10:14 PM
For most coaches getting blown out at home with home court advantage would put them on thin ice yet Pop is invincible.

jag
05-01-2017, 10:14 PM

Can't put a brain in him either. Dude is borderline retarded

daslicer
05-01-2017, 10:16 PM
Pop has extreme hatred for Dedmon. It's very evident by him not playing him right now.

Ice009
05-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Pop has extreme hatred for Dedmon. It's very evident by him not playing him right now.

It wasn't because Dedmon showed some emotion in game 6 against the Grizz, was it? If it was, then I revise my stance and he just needs to be flat out fired after this game.

ernest787
05-01-2017, 10:23 PM
This isn't on Pop. LMA sucks. We don't have a second best player on the team. It's Kawhi and that's it.

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2017, 10:24 PM
Obviously the players deserve criticism, but starting David Lee, along with panicking every 2 minutes and shuffling the rotation is clearly on Pop..

D'Antoni had his team much better prepared to start this series..

AaronY
05-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Is Dedmon injured?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2017, 10:45 PM
This isn't on Pop. LMA sucks. We don't have a second best player on the team. It's Kawhi and that's it.

Who went and begged Aldridge to come here? Who gave him the max? Who ditched an NBA title winning offense that decimated the league to build his offense around Aldridge?

Keepin' it real
05-01-2017, 10:48 PM
Pop looks so smug down 36 points. :wakeup

YGWHI
05-02-2017, 12:02 AM
You're not allowed to blame players here. Its always on Pop lol

I guess it was Pop who signed old guards to compete in this oriented-perimeter league dominated by faster, younger, elite guards

It's Pop who still believes that LMA and old Pau Gasol will take advantage of their size against guys who are beating them from the 3-point line...

Pop made his decisions, could have made others...He wanted to build this team this way. I guess we should blame him, too

YGWHI
05-02-2017, 12:05 AM
Who went and begged Aldridge to come here? Who gave him the max? Who ditched an NBA title winning offense that decimated the league to build his offense around Aldridge?

When I think that Pels had Cousins for nothing but Pop refused to make a move at the tradeline...

YGWHI
05-02-2017, 12:06 AM
Obviously the players deserve criticism, but starting David Lee, along with panicking every 2 minutes and shuffling the rotation is clearly on Pop..

D'Antoni had his team much better prepared to start this series..

Marcus Bryant
05-02-2017, 12:09 AM
Fuck you. The only reason you discovered the Spurs was because of Pop.

BackHome
05-02-2017, 12:22 AM
I Loved Pop just like I Loved Manu, Timmy and Tony but every player AND Coach has his day. It's Pop turn to ride out into the sunset....Just like Hill Did...........:)

FkLA
05-02-2017, 12:28 AM

That's not really true. The Spurs played their best basketball of the year with the Hill/Manu backcourt. They looked mediocre af prior to that. I didn't have a problem with that particular move.

Hoops Czar
05-02-2017, 12:53 AM
Pop needs to be relieved of duty after this game, not fired completely, just relieved of head coaching duty. Horrible strategy to start the game and series, horrible starting lineup with David Lee out there and horrible coaching for ripping David Lee after he's the one that started him. He's lost the plot.

Who the hell do you think constructed this fail of a roster? That dumb, drunk, know nothing GM that couldn't construct his way out of cardboard box? It was Pop and you want to put him in the FO? :lmao

Robz4000
05-02-2017, 12:59 AM
Fuck you. The only reason you discovered the Spurs was because of Pop.

Calm down. Pop was one of the GOAT coaches back in his heyday, but at some point they just start mailing it in or lose touch with the times. It's happened to every great coach.

timtonymanu
05-02-2017, 01:03 AM
Surprised T Park isn't in here posting and semen shielding Marcus Bryant like he usually does

Down Under
05-02-2017, 01:29 AM
The signings the past couple of years have been good - Lee for the minimum, West for the minimum, Dedmon for way below his market value. They had no choice but to go after Aldridge. There's a top 15-20 player in the league available, in a city which has never signed a big name free agent in it's history, you've got to get that player. He averaged 27ppg against OKC in playoffs last season, we need him to step up, plain and simple.

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 01:33 AM
Kawhi needs to "Deron Williams" Poop and Buford. Mainstream media is catching on with this shit roster they surrounded him with.

Ice009
05-02-2017, 05:05 AM
Calm down. Pop was one of the GOAT coaches back in his heyday, but at some point they just start mailing it in or lose touch with the times. It's happened to every great coach.

Exactly. That's the guy I loved. Up until about 2006 (The Mavs) series is when I started questioning his moves. Before then I loved everything he did. He didn't accept poor defense, if you choked in the playoffs twice in a row he would either let you go or trade you, he just DID NOT mess around back then. He demanded defense and physicality on the court. He was great. All the stuff he used to do before then, the lessons he taught, I still apply them to this day in some of the stuff I do.

However, that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does. I don't agree with what he's now doing, and with his newer philosophies and approach to the game (the resting). I just don't. That's what some fans don't get. You don't have to agree with someone's stance on things just because you liked what they did 10 years ago, doesn't mean everything he does after that is great too, or that he shouldn't ever be questioned. I don't like blindly following someone who I think is wrong. I won't do that.

Snaq O'Meal
05-02-2017, 05:15 AM
I don't like blindly following someone who I think is wrong. I won't do that.

If Kawhi shares your viewpoint, he'll cease being a Spur when his contract expires.

duncan2k5
05-02-2017, 05:29 AM

This...definitely out of touch with what's going on

duncan2k5
05-02-2017, 05:30 AM
If Kawhi shares your viewpoint, he'll cease being a Spur when his contract expires.

And thats why Pop needs to go...I prefer to keep jawhi than pop

duncan2k5
05-02-2017, 05:31 AM
Exactly. That's the guy I loved. Up until about 2006 (The Mavs) series is when I started questioning his moves. Before then I loved everything he did. He didn't accept poor defense, if you choked in the playoffs twice in a row he would either let you go or trade you, he just DID NOT mess around back then. He demanded defense and physicality on the court. He was great. All the stuff he used to do before then, the lessons he taught, I still apply them to this day in some of the stuff I do.

However, that doesn't mean I have to agree with everything he does. I don't agree with what he's now doing and his with newer philosophies and approach to the game (the resting). I just don't. That's what some fans don't get. You don't have to agree with someone's stance on things just because you liked what they did 10 years ago, doesn't mean everything he does after that is great too, or that he shouldn't ever be questioned. I don't like blindly following someone who I think is wrong. I won't do that.
This!

Clipper Nation
05-02-2017, 09:34 AM
:lol at Porkersuckers blaming anyone and everyone other than the fatass point guard who choked again.