PDA

View Full Version : So glad Pop ditched the beautiful game for this iso based trash with Beta Aldridge

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2017, 09:53 PM
Talk about all-time front office and coaching fails.

Meanwhile, Kerr took that offense up to Golden State and has that team humming along.

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Who needs ball movement when you got a stud like LMA shooting 20-ft fadeaways?

NASpurs
05-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Pop returning to 90s ball while the rest of the NBA has moved on.

baseline bum
05-01-2017, 10:10 PM

Man in 90s ball your PF could score in the post on Patrick Beverley :lol

Cklbmk
05-01-2017, 10:11 PM
Maybe Chinook will be on board with my dump Aldridge for cap prospect pick now.

spurraider21
Man in 90s ball your PF could score in the post on Patrick Beverley :lolsplitter couldn't post up fisher tbh

HarlemHeat37
Everybody on the team(other than Kawhi, who was destined for stardom) declined when Aldridge joined the team:lol

Green, Parker, Mills, Ginobili, Diaw, etc..they all fell off a cliff..

r0drig0lac
05-02-2017, 06:09 AM

duncan2k5
05-02-2017, 06:34 AM
Talk about all-time front office and coaching fails.

Meanwhile, Kerr took that offense up to Golden State and has that team humming along.

Sometimes that's what a new coach's mind does to the game...Kerr took over for Jackson and turned them into an all-time great franchise....pop did the same as a young coach..his time is up...he is too stubborn now

GSH
05-02-2017, 07:47 AM
Man in 90s ball your PF could score in the post on Patrick Beverley :lol

Or Harden. Hell, he failed posting up Harden. Miserably.

MaNu4Tres
05-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Everybody on the team(other than Kawhi, who was destined for stardom) declined when Aldridge joined the team:lol

Why can't more fans get this.

Not trying to make excuses for LaMarcus' transformation into Kurt Thomas, but that's the truth.

Dingle Barry
05-02-2017, 08:35 AM

Not trying to make excuses for LaMarcus' transformation into Kurt Thomas, but that's the truth.

KT was way more hard nosed than softridge.

Dex
05-02-2017, 08:49 AM
That was just...wow.

I mean...wow. :wow

Joseph Kony
05-02-2017, 08:52 AM
spurs should have traded this soft faggot to Boston when they had the chance

$pursDynasty
05-02-2017, 09:02 AM
IF Utah loses Hayward in free agency they will need points, maybe we can talk them into a LMA for Gobert trade. LMA can be the 'man' in Utah no other scorers there and has some prime years left. Gobert while a defensive force can't score and you can't build a franchise around a purely defensive 5 no matter how good at defending/rebounding he is. It wouldn't solve the Spurs scoring issues but PATFO can find another scorer an ISO Joe or Lou Williams type that isn't afraid to get buckets. I am just trying to think of something we can trade LMA for that we can actually get and might make us better. If Cousins wasn't such a knucklehead I would give the Hornets a call, but Cousins is on the list of the least likely Spurs along with J. McGee and Westbrook. They are anti-Spurs. But Boogie who isn't scared to shoot but is also a force down low would be ideal if we could give him a brain transplant, but if he had a brain transplant he would have never left the Kings and everyone would want him.

peacemaker885
05-02-2017, 09:23 AM
The way LA's playing + his contract -> Spurs are stuck with this guy.

ViceCity86
05-02-2017, 09:30 AM

Duncan too, even before he hurt his good knee.

NASpurs
05-02-2017, 09:56 AM

If he's playing well then he becomes untradeable to people here due to the value of his contract along with his production. If he sucks, he's again untradeable because no one would want to trade for him and his bloated contract and what he gives you. There's never any middle ground. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2017, 10:49 AM
I think if Pop were to retire they could still get good value to him, could sell it as them wanting to go to a new direction with the team. That's about your only chance though.

MultiTroll
05-02-2017, 11:11 AM
I'd still like to see an episode of Intervention with Pop being the intended.

Timmy Duncan: "you f'd me out of 4 Championships, forcing me to have playoff front lines with the likes of Bonner and Michelle Finley."

SpurOutofTownFan
05-02-2017, 02:24 PM

LOL

SpurOutofTownFan
05-02-2017, 02:25 PM

Thomas would fuck you up big time - he's laughing at the comparison

skut_farkus
05-02-2017, 02:56 PM
I really like cj kid or nurkic think portland wants him back? :lol

Mikeanaro
05-02-2017, 03:04 PM
Sometimes that's what a new coach's mind does to the game...Kerr took over for Jackson and turned them into an all-time great franchise....pop did the same as a young coach..his time is up...he is too stubborn now
By doing what? the only reason GSW is where it is is because of the players, Kerr is a puppet that did nothing all the way, what was his plan for the 2015 Finals? shoot brick after brick like a HS team?
Kerr had nothing to do with Curry hitting 70 footers and other crazy ass shots, or all the 3 pointers the rest of the team had.
What was his plan to avoid 3-1?
How Luke Walton had a 45-3 record or something like that? and now cant win 20 games with the Lakers?
The only reason why GSW has a ring is Irving and Love were injured, and the west is a shit bag.

FkLA
05-02-2017, 03:06 PM
IF Utah loses Hayward in free agency they will need points, maybe we can talk them into a LMA for Gobert trade. LMA can be the 'man' in Utah no other scorers there and has some prime years left. Gobert while a defensive force can't score and you can't build a franchise around a purely defensive 5 no matter how good at defending/rebounding he is. It wouldn't solve the Spurs scoring issues but PATFO can find another scorer an ISO Joe or Lou Williams type that isn't afraid to get buckets. I am just trying to think of something we can trade LMA for that we can actually get and might make us better. If Cousins wasn't such a knucklehead I would give the Hornets a call, but Cousins is on the list of the least likely Spurs along with J. McGee and Westbrook. They are anti-Spurs. But Boogie who isn't scared to shoot but is also a force down low would be ideal if we could give him a brain transplant, but if he had a brain transplant he would have never left the Kings and everyone would want him.

Utah isn't stupid. :lol

Mikeanaro
05-02-2017, 03:14 PM
When Kawhi was gearing up putting nice numbers and %, Pop chose to use the last 15 maybe 20 games to play IsoRidge and it was a turd, I thought maybe he was calibrating the PO game just in case KL is not working or to have the secondary weapon ready, anyway as we could see for 7 games PorkRidge cant be the secondary weapon so it has to be Parker or someone else (Pau, Patty, DG or a collective contribution)

Someone please put LMA head on this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_esUXxm_xoHU/TL8VBWz5rMI/AAAAAAAAHxc/gKKwASXpDrE/s1600/tinman2.jpg

Hoops Czar
05-02-2017, 03:43 PM

Except the Parker and Ginobili decline was more coincidence than Aldridge's presence in a Spurs uniform. You were calling Parker's decline in 2014, well before the Aldridge signing. Manu fell off a cliff after the 2014 season and again, that had nothing to do with Aldridge. Diaw had been overrated and been teetering on the edge of that so-called cliff for quite some time then, had a postseason rebirth against the Clippers in 2015. The style of play neutered Green's game. He simply doesn't function in the half court (that's largely due to Parker's and Manu's decline- inability to breakdown defenses through penetration, playing at a slower pace to conserve energy. etc.) and offensively, outside of a couple postseason bursts here and there, he hasn't been effective since he got paid (same with Diaw). Paddy is very limited to what he can do on the court (sub par passer, struggles to dribble and run at the same time) but if you're suggesting that Aldridge is the reason Paddy can't find the bottom of the net on wide open jumpers, think again.

The beautiful game was dead and buried after the 2014 season, before the arrival of Aldridge. It had already switched into a Kawhi-centric offense in 2015 which meant more isolation and post ups and much less ball movement. It's convenient to blame Aldridge for all the Spurs woes, but not very practical when you consider all the elements in play.

Hoops Czar
05-02-2017, 03:44 PM
Duncan too, even before he hurt his good knee.

Duncan and Manu declined badly in 2015. You can't blame that on Aldridge.

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 03:45 PM
Except the Parker and Ginobili decline was more coincidence than Aldridge's presence in a Spurs uniform. You were calling Parker's decline in 2014, well before the Aldridge signing. Manu fell off a cliff after the 2014 season and again, that had nothing to do with Aldridge. Diaw had been overrated for some time then, had a postseason rebirth against the Clippers in 2015. The style of play neutered Green's game. He simply doesn't function in the half court (that's largely due to Parker's and Manu's decline- inability to breakdown defenses through penetration, playing at a slower pace to conserve energy. etc.) and offensively, outside of a couple postseason bursts here and there, he hasn't been effective since he got paid (same with Diaw). Paddy is very limited to what he can do on the court (sub par passer, struggles to dribble and run at the same time) but if you're suggesting that Aldridge is the reason Paddy can't find the bottom of the net on wide open jumpers, think again.

The beautiful game was dead and buried after the 2014 season, before the arrival of Aldridge. It had already switched into a Kawhi-centric offense in 2015 which meant more isolation and post ups and much less ball movement. It's convenient to blame Aldridge for all the Spurs woes, but not very practical when you consider all the elements in play.

I was defending Aldridge, in this regard:lol as I said in the other thread, it isn't actually his fault that all these players declined, but let's blame him anyways..

baseline bum
05-02-2017, 03:47 PM
spurs should have traded this soft faggot to Boston when they had the chance

When was that ever a thing?

Hoops Czar
05-02-2017, 03:58 PM
I was defending Aldridge, in this regard:lol as I said in the other thread, it isn't actually his fault that all these players declined, but let's blame him anyways..

:lol

Joseph Kony
05-02-2017, 04:22 PM
When was that ever a thing?when their beat writer was floating rumors earlier in the season that LMA wanted to be traded and Boston could be a partner. probably not a real deal on the table obviously but they should have tried, this dude has 0 trade value now :pctoss i don't think the Hawks would even take him for Howard :lol

NASpurs
05-02-2017, 04:30 PM
when their beat writer was floating rumors earlier in the season that LMA wanted to be traded and Boston could be a partner. probably not a real deal on the table obviously but they should have tried, this dude has 0 trade value now :pctoss i don't think the Hawks would even take him for Howard :lol

Wasn't it Jackie MacMullan who started that and she got a lot of shit for it? :lol

rjv
05-02-2017, 04:33 PM
there's only one shooter i see who is any effective at looking for screens to shoot and that is bertans, who has other deficiencies. this is not the same team that had such movement with a bellineli or that had the passing big men that diaw and even splitter were.

Capt Bringdown
05-02-2017, 06:00 PM

Impossible to imagine any coach or GM saying to themselves, "I want what LMA's got."
Spurs got buttfucked hard when they signed this turkey.

daslicer
05-02-2017, 06:06 PM
The 2014 team was not built for the long haul. The big 3 all experienced great decline after '14 which is huge reason for the Spurs not being a dominant team in the playoffs. Duncan dropped off last year and now it seems like Parker and Manu are dropping off at the same rate if they continue there terrible play from the last game. Spurs couldn't have kept Tiago he's too injury prone. He hasn't played many games in the last few years. Marco was probably the biggest loss the spurs suffered. They haven't been able to replace his great 3 point shooting off the bench. Even though it didn't work out LMA was worth taking the risk. Spurs gambled and they lost. There's not much better they could have done.

TampaDude
05-02-2017, 06:08 PM
The 2014 Spurs were one of the greatest NBA teams of all time. I enjoyed and savored that championship all summer long, because I knew it would probably be their last for a long time to come, if not forever. After Duncan retired, my expectations for the Spurs dropped off significantly.

The Warriors would have beaten us by 50 last night.

Cavs-Warriors Finals is a lock, just like I said months ago.

Capt Bringdown
05-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Even though it didn't work out LMA was worth taking the risk. Spurs gambled and they lost. There's not much better they could have done.

I tend to agree. On paper, LMA should have benefited from the Spurs system.
Maybe if we a prime Parker things would have been different.
But from what I've seen, LMA is a loser. He reminds me so much of Vin Baker - another player whose tissue-thin ego/confidence wilted when he got on a good team.

Mikeanaro
05-02-2017, 06:51 PM
I tend to agree. On paper, LMA should have benefited from the Spurs system.
Maybe if we a prime Parker things would have been different.
But from what I've seen, LMA is a loser. He reminds me so much of Vin Baker - another player whose tissue-thin ego/confidence wilted when he got on a good team.
Nope, you cant blame it on Porker, LaShamecus is a big boy and the fail is on him missing jumpers and playing post like a girl also where are his 3 pointers?

ceperez
05-02-2017, 06:52 PM
The 2014 team was not built for the long haul. The big 3 all experienced great decline after '14 which is huge reason for the Spurs not being a dominant team in the playoffs. Duncan dropped off last year and now it seems like Parker and Manu are dropping off at the same rate if they continue there terrible play from the last game. Spurs couldn't have kept Tiago he's too injury prone. He hasn't played many games in the last few years. Marco was probably the biggest loss the spurs suffered. They haven't been able to replace his great 3 point shooting off the bench. Even though it didn't work out LMA was worth taking the risk. Spurs gambled and they lost. There's not much better they could have done.

They actually tried to get Marc Gasol, but he declined. Yeah.... one error after another.... Aldridge and Gasol. These two just can't operate in the new NBA.

Imagine, if we just kept Jamychal Green (for Aldridge), Diaw (for Gasol) and maybe got Nene on the cheap.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2017, 07:12 PM
By doing what? the only reason GSW is where it is is because of the players, Kerr is a puppet that did nothing all the way, what was his plan for the 2015 Finals? shoot brick after brick like a HS team?
Kerr had nothing to do with Curry hitting 70 footers and other crazy ass shots, or all the 3 pointers the rest of the team had.
What was his plan to avoid 3-1?
How Luke Walton had a 45-3 record or something like that? and now cant win 20 games with the Lakers?
The only reason why GSW has a ring is Irving and Love were injured, and the west is a shit bag.

Kerr installed the flex 'beautiful game' offense there. As the Spurs proved in 2014, that offense will get you great looks all day long. And GS has the shooters and athletes to feast with it.

MultiTroll
05-02-2017, 07:32 PM
"I was trying to rush," Aldridge said. "Normally, I take my time and take advantage of (mismatches), but tonight I was in a rush. Next game, I'll definitely go slower."

WTF?!
If he reacted any slower he would be Kyle Anderson.

daslicer
05-02-2017, 07:33 PM
They actually tried to get Marc Gasol, but he declined. Yeah.... one error after another.... Aldridge and Gasol. These two just can't operate in the new NBA.

Imagine, if we just kept Jamychal Green (for Aldridge), Diaw (for Gasol) and maybe got Nene on the cheap.

Diaw has fallen off the cliff after '15. Keeping him would not have made much of difference. I'll give you this Jamychal is a very solid young player and is a good stretch 4. The spurs could have definitely used him. There is no guarantee they would have gotten Nene. In a perfect world where your scenario pans out the Spurs still would not win a championship. With the decline of Parker and Manu this team has nobody who can consistently get to the rim and create plays to get guys open shots. So getting those guys would still not be enough to put the spurs over the top. I would say give it rest. The Spurs were never going to be able to replicate '14 due to the aging roster. The spurs took a risk on LMA and it didn't work out. It is what it is.

Mikeanaro
05-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Kerr installed the flex 'beautiful game' offense there. As the Spurs proved in 2014, that offense will get you great looks all day long. And GS has the shooters and athletes to feast with it.
Sorry but the only thing that dude installed was the theatrical antics, everything else is on the players as I said, what was his 2015 Finals plan?

Capt Bringdown
05-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Nope, you cant blame it on Porker, LaShamecus is a big boy and the fail is on him missing jumpers and playing post like a girl also where are his 3 pointers?

No blame for Parker. Due to age, he's a shadow of his former self. If he was able to penetrate like he used to, that would change everything for the Spurs.
LMA on the other hand, simply sucks.

MultiTroll
05-04-2017, 09:21 PM

NASpurs
Game 2 wasn't too bad.
Then again there was like, what 8 times down the floor where Pop ordered the Throw It To LMA on the elbow and stand around offense?
We might get away with that some games but not most.
Simply cannot be wasting offensive possessions in the playoffs, especially as rounds advance.

jimbo
05-04-2017, 10:11 PM
splitter couldn't post up fisher tbh

he redeemed himself the next season iirc. damn i know he had one really good game against OKC, but i can't find him posting up fisher w/ success

MultiTroll
05-20-2017, 09:54 PM
Unreal.
The kids have us up 6, playing with enthusiasm and all the momentum.

Pock brings his Sacred Cow pet Aldridge Offense back in.
Not to mention his suck ass defense.

Killed the momentum.

phxspurfan
05-20-2017, 10:00 PM

Yo don't insult Kurt Thomas...Phoenix got him just to guard Duncan. And he had heart like a mofo, even if he wasn't blessed with the talents of a guy like LMA

MultiTroll
05-22-2017, 08:20 PM
Damned if Dictator Dumbshit isn't having the Force Feed Beta Aldridge yet again in Game 4.
Just retire already.

AFMadison
05-22-2017, 10:09 PM
:lol I made a thread about this last season and everyone laughed. I've posted about it consistently. This old style play won't do it.

Capt Bringdown
05-22-2017, 10:21 PM
:lol I made a thread about this last season and everyone laughed. I've posted about it consistently. This old style play won't do it.

Not necessarily. TD in even his sub-prime would have managed to make mincemeat of GS's "bigs."
LMA has no post game and cannot attack the rim.

Sadly, neither does Cleveland.
GS is just bitch-made for this era of soft bigs.

HarlemHeat37
05-22-2017, 10:27 PM
The players on this roster aren't built to play that way, should be obvious, by now..it wouldn't work, even if Pop tried..the only players on the roster who have the same role as then are Green and Mills..

Parker, Diaw and Ginobili are nowhere near what they were in 2014..