PDA

View Full Version : Who will you root for in the WCF?

mexicanjunior
05-01-2017, 09:54 PM
Rockets or GSW? I hope GSW blows them out to be honest...

timtonymanu
05-01-2017, 09:55 PM
I'm just rooting for the "Spurs trade Aldridge" headline.

Floyd Pacquiao
05-01-2017, 09:56 PM

NASpurs
05-01-2017, 09:57 PM

EIC
05-01-2017, 10:15 PM

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2017, 10:16 PM

EIC
05-01-2017, 10:16 PM
Rockets or GSW? I hope GSW blows them out to be honest...

Fuck GSW. I'm on the Cavs bandwagon now.

testies
05-01-2017, 10:17 PM
Diaw and the Jazz

ernest787

jag
LaMarcus' personal doctor to tell us that he can no longer be cleared to play

mexicanjunior
05-01-2017, 11:12 PM
The sad part is Houston will shoot about 20% on 3's against the Warriors. They actually play defense...

jimbo
05-01-2017, 11:13 PM

Kool Bob Love
05-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Hopefully the Spurs but if not go Cavs.

noles1983
05-01-2017, 11:14 PM
I would rather root for AIDS than to root for either one. Fuck them both, hope no less than 4 acl's get torn tbh.

davidbowie
05-01-2017, 11:15 PM
I'm hoping for a jazz/wizards finals

ElNono
Spurs

UNT Eagles 2016
Jazz or Rockets. Fuck the dubfaggots and hope their pampered fake "stars" all die of ebola and Aids simultaneously

Darius Bieber

GODDAMN. TTM with the fucking goods lately. Truth nuke

illusioNtEk
05-01-2017, 11:16 PM
who the fuck would want LMA at this point? I say keep him and let's get Melo, CP3 and Cousins.

RD2191

FkLA
I'll probably have to take time to recover by avoiding anything basketball related like I always do after the Spurs are ousted. If I can muster up the strength I might come back to try to see LeGOAT try to pull off the improbable again. :cry

UNT Eagles 2016
I would rather root for AIDS than to root for either one. Fuck them both, hope no less than 4 acl's get torn tbh.

hope someone infests the court with anthrax and MRSA

John Petrucci
05-01-2017, 11:17 PM
Rockets. I could NEVER root for Draymond Green under any circumstance.

i don't have some lingering hatred of Rockets like many Spurs fan do.

timtonymanu
The sad part is Houston will shoot about 20% on 3's against the Warriors. They actually play defense...

And Memphis would have done the same against Houston

Robz4000

spurtech09
05-01-2017, 11:18 PM
Spurs!!!!!!!

Nathan89
Rockets obviously.

05-01-2017, 11:19 PM
Rooting for the winner of Wiz/Cs

apalisoc_9
05-01-2017, 11:21 PM

apalisoc_9
05-01-2017, 11:22 PM
I'll probably have to take time to recover by avoiding anything basketball related like I always do after the Spurs are ousted. If I can muster up the strength I might come back to try to see LeGOAT try to pull off the improbable again. :cry

That's probably what I am going to do, but the cavs are super flawed and their win last year was super flukey.

So its unlikely. If they win 1 in GS the first two games, i'll sit down and watch games. Otherwise.. probably just wait for offseason again.

apalisoc_9
05-01-2017, 11:24 PM
Rooting for the winner of Wiz/Cs

The NBA would be so mad if the wizards somehow win the championship. None of their Marketball superstars winning..not any of their famous ball clubs.

That's a disaster.

Have you watched a Bullets game? I don't even think they can fill all the seats in an NBA finals. :lmao

midnightpulp
05-01-2017, 11:35 PM
I won't be watching nor caring.

I'm a Spurs fan over an NBA fan these days.

apalisoc_9
05-01-2017, 11:37 PM
I won't be watching nor caring.

I'm a Spurs fan over an NBA fan these days.

Did the same thing last year..but slighlty regret not following the 3-1 comeback. I remeber it was a summer and I just tried to Hike and do some outdoor stuff 4 times a week and drive 3-5 every weekend for a cabin trip or a long hike. :lol

Crazy how much you can do without basketball...:lol

midnightpulp
05-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Did the same thing last year..but slighlty regret not following the 3-1 comeback. I remeber it was a summer and I just tried to Hike and do some outdoor stuff 4 times a week and drive 3-5 every weekend for a cabin trip or a long hike. :lol

Crazy how much you can do without basketball...:lol

I'm just not a fan of the NBA product anymore. The first batch of rule changes to "open up" the game were instituted because the NBA panicked after SA-Detroit (low post, defensive minded teams) drew near record lows in the Finals. I remember those days well being on the ESPN boards and constantly reading "Spurs-Yawn" type posts.

The Spurs adjusted to the changes by centering the team more around Parker and Manu, since it was obvious post-play was going to be obsolete soon. Duncan had to cut weight and become more of a "roll and pop man" during that period. The rule changes did produce pace-and-space, which was fine basketball, but today's product looks more like an AAU scrimmage than professional basketball.

And will the NBA tweak things to bring the game back into balance? No chance in Hell, because the Warriors, Rockets, etc are "exciting" teams and draw television ratings. Shows how hypocritical the league is. Change the game when the Spurs are on top, keep it the same when the Warriors, etc are on top.

703 Spurz
05-01-2017, 11:50 PM
Anyone not GS or CLE.

Spursmania
05-01-2017, 11:52 PM

apalisoc_9
05-01-2017, 11:53 PM
I'm just not a fan of the NBA product anymore. The first batch of rule changes to "open up" the game were instituted because the NBA panicked after SA-Detroit (low post, defensive minded teams) drew near record lows in the Finals. I remember those days well being on the ESPN boards and constantly reading "Spurs-Yawn" type posts.

The Spurs adjusted to the changes by centering the team more around Parker and Manu, since it was obvious post-play was going to be obsolete soon. Duncan had to cut weight and become more of a "roll and pop man" during that period. The rule changes did produce pace-and-space, which was fine basketball, but today's product looks more like an AAU scrimmage than professional basketball.

And will the NBA tweak things to bring the game back into balance? No chance in Hell, because the Warriors, Rockets, etc are "exciting" teams and draw television ratings. Shows how hypocritical the league is. Change the game when the Spurs are on top, keep it the same when the Warriors, etc are on top.

The Spurs wasn't the only victim of that rule change...but yeah I get your point.

Still Detroit for some reason has never been a reliable ratings team. Even during that defensive powerhouse 04-06 team. I think the ratings had more to do with that than the spurs.

The Spurs the last 7 years or so have consistently been hitting great TV numbers. They were third last year and Tied 2nd this year.

I mean national TV keeps on giving them games for a reason.

Chillen
05-02-2017, 12:04 AM
who the fuck would want LMA at this point? I say keep him and let's get Melo, CP3 and Cousins.

I was all in for a Cousins/Aldridge swap, I felt like this team needed a player like Cousins. If this level of play continues by Aldridge and the Spurs get swept by the Rockets it would be funny to see what all the people against that trade think. Spurs should see if they can get Knicks to trade Melo/Porzingis for Aldridge/Green.

midnightpulp
05-02-2017, 12:07 AM
The Spurs wasn't the only victim of that rule change...but yeah I get your point.

Still Detroit for some reason has never been a reliable ratings team. Even during that defensive powerhouse 04-06 team. I think the ratings had more to do with that than the spurs.

The Spurs the last 7 years or so have consistently been hitting great TV numbers. They were third last year and Tied 2nd this year.

I mean national TV keeps on giving them games for a reason.

Yeah, Shaq was actually a victim too. The rule changes were basically the NBA's effort to manufacture the next Jordan. Shaq was indeed a name, but perimeter players will always sell better.

I think the Spurs have finally gotten the respect they deserved and casuals might be starting to watch them more, but in those days, the Spurs were detested by the casual NBA fan.

05-02-2017, 12:07 AM

And will the NBA tweak things to bring the game back into balance? No chance in Hell, because the Warriors, Rockets, etc are "exciting" teams and draw television ratings. Shows how hypocritical the league is. Change the game when the Spurs are on top, keep it the same when the Warriors, etc are on top.I don't think it's a vendetta against the spurs. Like you said, when ratings were low, they changed the game. Now that ratings are high, why change it? For the integrity of the game? Hell no, it's a business.

Chillen
05-02-2017, 12:08 AM
Anyone not GS or CLE.

TBH if that's the Finals I probably won't watch it, having the same teams year in year out go at it gets old. I only began watching it last year in game 6 because the Cavs were making it interesting and eventually won a historic NBA title by beating a 73-9 team down 3-1. If it's Cavs/Warriors again it will either be Warriors in 5 or Cleveland in 6 or 7. meh.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-02-2017, 12:10 AM

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 12:11 AM
Yeah, Shaq was actually a victim too. The rule changes were basically the NBA's effort to manufacture the next Jordan. Shaq was indeed a name, but perimeter players will always sell better.

I think the Spurs have finally gotten the respect they deserved and casuals might be starting to watch them more, but in those days, the Spurs were detested by the casual NBA fan.

I don't think it's a vendetta against the spurs. Like you said, when ratings were low, they changed the game. Now that ratings are high, why change it? For the integrity of the game? Hell no, it's a business.

Yeah. It's not like the Spurs and Holt didn't benefit from it.

I know the spurs had a boring reputation but how was their ratings in the Prime Duncan era? I swear there was a lot of commotion about the spurs from 03-06..

I tend to think that It was the Pistons who Struggled the most with the change. They didn't have a tim duncan to go 4 down a lot but systematically, they were allowed to play physical and slow.

Maybe I am remembering things wrong though...

tmtcsc
05-02-2017, 12:12 AM
Spurs

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 12:13 AM
I'll be cheering for a Durant injury, tbh..if that occurred, I could cheer for the Warriors, love watching Draymond and Curry play basketball, wish the Spurs had them:(

midnightpulp
05-02-2017, 12:15 AM
Yeah. It's not like the Spurs and Holt didn't benefit from it.

I know the spurs had a boring reputation but how was their ratings in the Prime Duncan era? I swear there was a lot of commotion about the spurs from 03-06..

I tend to think that It was the Pistons who Struggled the most with the change. They didn't have a tim duncan to go 4 down a lot but systematically, they were allowed to play physical and slow.

Maybe I am remembering things wrong though...

Bad. Nets-Spurs set record lows. Detroit-Spurs set record lows for a 7 game series. And then Spurs-Cavs set another record low.

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 12:18 AM
Bad. Nets-Spurs set record lows. Detroit-Spurs set record lows for a 7 game series. And then Spurs-Cavs set another record low.

Damn...that's disgusting. I don't remeber. I was way too young.

Makes you kinda wonder how the Spurs have manage to be one of the top ratings team in the last three years.

Kawhi only recently became a household name so it must be the 2014 series or something.

midnightpulp
05-02-2017, 12:21 AM

Makes you kinda wonder how the Spurs have manage to be one of the top ratings team in the last three years.

Kawhi only recently became a household name so it must be the 2014 series or something.

2014 kind of made the Spurs "trendy."

Also, the Spurs always get a marquee opponent on national tv, like the Warriors, Cavs, Thunder, etc.

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 12:21 AM

Spurs did well in the ratings in recent years(nationally) due to their opponents, tbh..

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 12:24 AM
2014 kind of made the Spurs "trendy."

Also, the Spurs always get a marquee opponent on national tv, like the Warriors, Cavs, Thunder, etc.

Spurs did well in the ratings in recent years(nationally) due to their opponents, tbh..

Makes sense, but Bron was a 23 year old Superstar in 2007..no?

Dod they not get matchups with the best teams and most entertaining teams from 03-07..

I recalll a lot of buzz in the regular season in a spurs vs Lakers matchup..

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 12:26 AM
Makes sense, but Bron was a 23 year old Superstar in 2007..no?

Dod they not get matchups with the best teams and most entertaining teams from 03-07..

I recalll a lot of buzz in the regular season in a spurs vs Lakers matchup..

The 2011-2014 Heat were one of the most popular teams of all-time, tbh..you could have literally put any team against them and you would draw:lol

daslicer
05-02-2017, 12:27 AM

Lebron made them popular among casual fans. Playing in two finals against Lebron in '13 and '14 got the Spurs a lot of exposure that the had never gotten before. Believe it or not they are a lot of people that didn't know prior to that series that Duncan and the Spurs had won 4 titles previously. Once people knew all these things you had a lot of casual fans tune in more to watch the Spurs.

spursistan
05-02-2017, 10:44 PM

timtonymanu
05-02-2017, 10:46 PM
Warriors in 5 games max against the Rockets. They would sweep the Spurs, tbh.

hater
05-02-2017, 10:51 PM
Warriors in 5 games max against the Rockets. They would sweep the Spurs, tbh.

I actually think the opposite.

Spurs would steal 1 game from worries while rockets would get swept

If spurs make it I will be forced to watch the anal anihilation. Thats why part of me hopes Rockets beat the Spurs so I can start my summer a week early

Sad thing is even if we pull a miracle and beat the rockets, we still would get anihilated by the worriers so whats the point??

Budkin
05-02-2017, 10:54 PM
If the Spurs somehow make it to the WCF we can expect most of the games to look like Game 1.

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 10:57 PM
I actually think the opposite.

Spurs would steal 1 game from worries while rockets would get swept

If spurs make it I will be forced to watch the anal anihilation. Thats why part of me hopes Rockets beat the Spurs so I can start my summer a week early

Sad thing is even if we pull a miracle and beat the rockets, we still would get anihilated by the worriers so whats the point??

Yeah..If the spurs get eliminated now, I can finally donsome outdoor stuff. Can't wait to drive to BC but I'm holding out until the spurs are eliminated.

TampaDude
05-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Once the Spurs get bounced, it's Cavs all the way, baby.

I grew up in DC, so I wouldn't mind the Wiz taking it all, but you know that ain't gonna happen.

JFK
05-03-2017, 07:58 AM

This. Once the Spurs are eliminated I could care less about the West. I'd root for a sinkhole to swallow up both the Rockets and the Warriors at that point.

DMC
05-03-2017, 08:12 AM
If Rockets win I'll root for them. Texas over anyone else. Then I'll root for GS if Rockets don't beat them, because West over East. I'd like to see KD ring while Russ is over there collecting welfare rebounds. Much respect for James, but I'm bored with his RS coasting and beasting in the playoffs.

vander
05-03-2017, 08:17 AM
Golden State must lose