PDA

View Full Version : Green has been just as bad as softridge

dabom
05-01-2017, 10:03 PM
:lmao

ColinB
05-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Any chance they can reopen Club Rio to give this scrub some reason to play?

HarlemHeat37
05-01-2017, 10:04 PM
He's probably been worse, tbh..never seen a shooting decline like this since I began watching the NBA, he's usually automatic in the playoffs..

We'll always have 2012-2015, at least:(

ElNono
05-01-2017, 10:05 PM
:lol anybody has any confidence that his shot is going in? I haven't for like 2 seasons now...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2017, 10:05 PM
In all fairness, Pop seems to be going full tilt micro manager on Danny for any little slip, even pulling him a couple of times.

Meanwhile, Pop's waving his pom poms and telling Aldridge how good he's doing. I don't blame Danny either.

Keepin' it real
05-01-2017, 10:06 PM
But his transition D ...

sananspursfan21
05-01-2017, 10:06 PM
I throw up my hands in disgust anytime he touches the ball now. Couldn't even hit those freethrows a few minutes ago.

dabom
05-01-2017, 10:08 PM
Dude is a bum. Can't defend rebound shoot drive hit his fucking free throws. :lmao

sananspursfan21
05-01-2017, 10:12 PM
HE'S BAAAAACK

dabom
05-01-2017, 10:13 PM
Only spotted them 20 points. :lmao

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2017, 10:17 PM
I'm not a huge fan but Pop's been jerking him around about as much as Lee tonight.

Meanwhile, not a peep to that pussy ass Aldridge.

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 01:07 AM
Fuck this scrub and his slurpers. Sign Redick and drop this bum in China. Overrated defense (been getting torched for 3 years and always get bailed out by Kawhi when he takes his guy in the 4th). POS can't hit rim unless it's a dead play or we're down/up 30.

Tried to tell scrub posters he's been shooting in the low 30's this calendar year.

timtonymanu
05-02-2017, 01:14 AM
Green just doesn't fit in the offense anymore. He needs the beautiful ball style back. He's not gonna excel in the iso heavy/slow pace we run now. Won't surprise me if the team trades him cause they sure as hell won't trade Parker.

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 01:18 AM
Green just doesn't fit in the offense anymore. He needs the beautiful ball style back. He's not gonna excel in the iso heavy/slow pace we run now. Won't surprise me if the team trades him cause they sure as hell won't trade Parker.
He's missing open threes. Open threes are open threes. No matter what system. This scrub deserves no excuses.

rasuo214
05-02-2017, 01:22 AM
LDN will be back in a couple years, just in time for a new contract.

timtonymanu
05-02-2017, 01:25 AM
He's missing open threes. Open threes are open threes. No matter what system. This scrub deserves no excuses.

He even had cold shooting nights when he was playing well. Look I'm not excusing him. I'm definitely disappointed in him especially cause his defense isn't even consistent anymore either. I just think this offense is bringing out the worst in him. There's no fluid ball movement that he can excel with and it's fucked up his confidence it seems.

Slippy
05-02-2017, 01:26 AM
He needs to at the least hit an open shot. Right now the only guy showing the ability to do it is Patty. Which isnt good enough for any NBA team.

Glaring weakness spilling over from the memphis series

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 01:26 AM
He even had cold shooting nights when he was playing well. Look I'm not excusing him. I'm definitely disappointed in him especially cause his defense isn't even consistent anymore either. I just think this offense is bringing out the worst in him. There's no fluid ball movement that he can excel with and it's fucked up his confidence it seems.

He's never been this cold in the playoffs, tbh..he's been one of the most reliable playoff shooters in league history..this could just be the reality that he's on the decline(probably due to Aldridge's cancerous presence, not a coincidence:lol )..

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 01:30 AM
He's never been this cold in the playoffs, tbh..he's been one of the most reliable playoff shooters in league history..this could just be the reality that he's on the decline(probably due to Aldridge's cancerous presence, not a coincidence:lol )..

LMA: " Danny let's go buy some burgers and visity the strip club after"...

Danny " Ok, but we're going to a straight club this time, you already had your gay club fix in Memphis"

Wouldn't surprise me.

DAF86
05-02-2017, 01:32 AM
I'm still not giving up on long dick nigga.

DeRozan m8
05-02-2017, 04:31 AM
There was a game in the first Round, where Greens shot looked different, smoother, better rotation of the wrist and he was sinking shots.

Now he's just back to full fucking chuck and brick mode

FFS

duncan2k5
05-02-2017, 05:26 AM
This mofo sucks...but I rather him shoot everytime he gets the ball than for him to dribble or pass...guaranteed turnover

TDfan2007
05-02-2017, 06:40 AM
He's probably been worse, tbh..never seen a shooting decline like this since I began watching the NBA, he's usually automatic in the playoffs..

We'll always have 2012-2015, at least:(

He was garbage in 2015 too, tbh. Ironically his only good game was game 7 in that series...

LaMarcus Bryant
05-02-2017, 07:25 AM
He was garbage in 2015 too, tbh. Ironically his only good game was game 7 in that series...

He shot 50% in 2016 also

MaNu4Tres
05-02-2017, 08:09 AM
Love Danny, but they may be wise to start fielding offers this summer for him. Wrong side of 30 soon.

DMC
05-02-2017, 08:14 AM
Green isn't a star player. He's a role guy. His role is 3 and D and he does D well, the 3 is not an effort thing. LMA's issue is an effort thing.

Ice009
05-02-2017, 08:16 AM

That's what I keep telling ya'll. I've been saying it for months, may have even mentioned it last year. If you give me those same, wide open looks, I confident that I'll hit a higher percentage than Green does (the rest of my game sucks, though). When you're missing wide open looks and you're supposed to be a good/great shooter, you're done.

I've also said that he's kind of a streak shooter. Something could be wrong with his shot and mechanics. He doesn't have a feel for shooting the ball. He's not a pure shooter IMO, and something small, like a slight change in mechanics is enough to throw him off completely. I'm kind of like Reggie Miller, Larry Bird, players that don't need to have the same mechanics on every shot for them to go in. That's what I call a pure shooter. Someone who has a feel for it. Danny certainly does not. If something is off just a little bit in his form, it's enough to derail him completely.

What's crazy is, didn't Sean and Bill have a stat they mentioned in the first round that Danny has the highest 3p% of all current players in the playoffs? Maybe he was just on a hot streak for 3 years, and now the carriage has turned into a pumpkin and it's all over for him now.

bic50
05-02-2017, 08:23 AM
Green isn't a star player. He's a role guy. His role is 3 and D and he does D well, the 3 is not an effort thing. LMA's issue is an effort thing.
Even greens defense has declined

cd98
05-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Green had wide open looks and didn't 3s until too late. It felt like Houston purposefully left him open. Word is out he can't shoot anymore.

james evans
05-02-2017, 09:43 AM
every time he shoots I say, "it's a miss". I've never in my life seen a 3 point threat decline like this. And the sad part is that HE'S WIDE THE FUCK OPEN ALL GAME!!!!!

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 09:56 AM
33.3 3P% this calendar year
27.3 3P% in the playoffs

People are blaming the system instead of the lazy scrub. He's still getting open looks, and it's not like his threes are off the dribble (92.9% assisted). No, these are OPEN looks. I also don't want to hear anything about his overrated ass defense. The guy hasn't locked anybody down since broken down Wade in 14. He gets torched for 3 quarters only to have Kawhi get his assignment in the 4th. Pop noticed his lateral quickness has fallen off the cliff, that's why Parker guards opposing point guards. Time to trade this TOSB.

Joseph Kony
05-02-2017, 09:58 AM
If spurs had someone like KCP or Middleton instead of garbage green :wow

Ice009
05-02-2017, 10:58 AM

Obviously I'm not Larry Bird or Miller. I was just using two well known shooters as examples of guys that can hit shots without picture perfect form. That's the type of shooter I am. My form doesn't have to be spot on to make the shot every time (obviously nowhere near their level of shot creating, but for wide open set shots like Danny's getting, I feel like I can do more with those looks than Danny has). Have you ever seen Bird or Miller make tough, off balance shots when their form isn't perfect? That's what I call a pure shooter/s. They have a feel for shooting the Basketball.

Danny Green may have had seasons and playoffs with great 3 point percentages, but he's not a pure shooter at all IMO. He's the exact opposite. If his form isn't either 100% correct or very close to it, his feet set and shooting it in rhythm, he has a very low chance of making that shot. Even wide open ones. I don't know what has changed with him, but to me it seems his form has been slightly off most of this season, and that IMO is enough to completely derail him. A large part of it might also be mental, because in interviews he keeps going on about how he's not here to hit shots and shoots 3s. He keeps saying he's here to play defense. Someone needs to tell him that his defense isn't any good either. He's a 3 and D player. He needs to hit WIDE FUCKING OPEN SHOTS at a decent clip. He's obviously deluding himself by saying that he's not here to hit shots, that it will come if he keeps playing defense. He's trying to downplay it and that is not helping the team or himself.

rjv
05-02-2017, 12:14 PM
it would be great to trade LMA and green as a package deal although i can't see who would take them that would have anything to offer back to us.

baseline bum
05-02-2017, 12:21 PM
it would be great to trade LMA and green as a package deal although i can't see who would take them that would have anything to offer back to us.

Let's get Paul George back.

TheDoctor
05-02-2017, 12:21 PM
Danny just went Live on Spurs' FB and while he was talking some incipienced bullshit, one of the comment was "LDN needs Club Rio back open to get in his groove" RFOOOL :lmao:rollin:lmao

TheGreatYacht
05-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Danny just went Live on Spurs' FB and while he was talking some incipienced bullshit, one of the comment was "LDN needs Club Rio back open to get in his groove" RFOOOL :lmao:rollin:lmao
:lol

Shoutout to whoever wrote that. Did he read it?

rjv
05-02-2017, 12:33 PM
Let's get Paul George back. yeah, my dream scenario.(or perhaps butler).

SpurOutofTownFan
05-02-2017, 02:15 PM
you wanted to keep him around mostly for his shooting - no one can deny that.

Now his shooting has also gone to shit

TheDoctor
05-02-2017, 03:08 PM
:lol

Shoutout to whoever wrote that. Did he read it?
I doubt it tbh. It was the Spurs FB account. They went Live w/ some of the after-practice interviews to players and Pop.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-02-2017, 03:40 PM
2-9 from 3 last night I believe and he started off 0-7. If you shoot that badly when your primary offensive role is knocking down 3's, your damn right the Rockets are going to pile on to the lead.

Dex
05-02-2017, 03:43 PM
When three of your five starters under perform in the same game, you're gonna have a bad time.

hater
05-02-2017, 05:34 PM
When three of your five starters under perform in the same game, you're gonna have a bad time.

The rest of the bench didnt show up either

Simmons way beyond awful

coachmac87
05-02-2017, 07:07 PM
That's what I keep telling ya'll. I've been saying it for months, may have even mentioned it last year. If you give me those same, wide open looks, I confident that I'll hit a higher percentage than Green does (the rest of my game sucks, though). When you're missing wide open looks and you're supposed to be a good/great shooter, you're done.

I've also said that he's kind of a streak shooter. Something could be wrong with his shot and mechanics. He doesn't have a feel for shooting the ball. He's not a pure shooter IMO, and something small, like a slight change in mechanics is enough to throw him off completely. I'm kind of like Reggie Miller, Larry Bird, players that don't need to have the same mechanics on every shot for them to go in. That's what I call a pure shooter. Someone who has a feel for it. Danny certainly does not. If something is off just a little bit in his form, it's enough to derail him completely.

What's crazy is, didn't Sean and Bill have a stat they mentioned in the first round that Danny has the highest 3p% of all current players in the playoffs? Maybe he was just on a hot streak for 3 years, and now the carriage has turned into a pumpkin and it's all over for him now.

It's his feet and balance/elevation..you watch his highlights during the Finals and all his makes were clean up and down motion. He isn't a pure shooter by any means..can't shoot on the move or even 1-2 dribble pull up lol

Dex
05-02-2017, 08:15 PM
The rest of the bench didnt show up either

Simmons way beyond awful

Let's look at the silver lining here...at least Parker showed up????

....we may be fucked. :depressed

Not jumping to conclusions yet, though. Let's see what Game 2 brings.

Down Under
05-02-2017, 08:21 PM
His shots will start to fall. You don't shoot 43% from 3 in the postseason for nothing. They will start to drop sooner rather than later.

Ice009
05-02-2017, 10:40 PM
It's his feet and balance/elevation..you watch his highlights during the Finals and all his makes were clean up and down motion. He isn't a pure shooter by any means..can't shoot on the move or even 1-2 dribble pull up lol

You could be right on his balance and elevation, as balance and elevation tends to go when you get older. Maybe that is what has happened? As I said, he's not a pure shooter so it could be any small detail like you've said that has completely derailed him. Bird and Miller also didn't elevate that high on their shots. He may have a great shooting percentage, but unfortunately he's not a pure shooter. A lot of great shooters may have even been able to do more with all the open looks he's gotten since 2012.

GSH
05-02-2017, 11:02 PM

He can't move sideways before he shoots, with or without the ball. In transition, where he's moving straight toward the basket, he's always shot the 3 pretty damned good. But even when he is stationary on the 3P line, if he has to reach to the side to corral a pass, his shooting percentage goes to shit.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Absolutely ZERO criticism for this scrub so far on here. I've never seen a scrub get a pass for so long....

Dude hasn't shot the 3 or defended well since 2014 but continues to live a reputation that he somehow still does both.

Posters talking about the PG position being priority #1.... :lol hell no. This replaceable scrub on the wrong side of 30 cannot continue to start for a contender....

SpurOutofTownFan
05-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Absolutely ZERO criticism for this scrub so far on here. I've never seen a scrub get a pass for so long....

Dude hasn't shot the 3 or defended well since 2014 but continues to live a reputation that he somehow still does both.

Posters talking about the PG position being priority #1.... :lol hell no. This replaceable scrub on the wrong side of 30 cannot continue to start for a contender....

I agree with you Green isn't bringing anything to the table anymore; whatever his qualities used to be. But I disagree on PG, the Spurs need to dependable true PG to replace TP now that he's injured. The Spurs CANNOT start next seasons without TP and these two guys at PG. Asking KL to run point every game for 20+ mins will not cut it - it's a bandaid.

sammy
05-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Green has been playing defense & his offense suffers because we don't have a point guard! I get so mad when he drives as the most time he turns the ball over!

Mikeanaro
05-21-2017, 12:56 AM
Horrible, we need a replacement ASAP, DG is not the answer anymore, some guys expect him to retire as a Spur, are you crazy?
We need new players, new situations thats what fuels a team, not some passive-comformist players that are becoming the new Boris.

TheGreatYacht
05-21-2017, 12:57 AM
I agree with you Green isn't bringing anything to the table anymore; whatever his qualities used to be. But I disagree on PG, the Spurs need to dependable true PG to replace TP now that he's injured. The Spurs CANNOT start next seasons without TP and these two guys at PG. Asking KL to run point every game for 20+ mins will not cut it - it's a bandaid.
I believe Murray is our starting PG for the next 10 years. Has continuesly outplayed Pity Mills this series and the latter is a free agent on a contract year.

Package Lamarsha and D League Green for Bledsoe or Avery Bradley + 2 2nd rnd picks