PDA

View Full Version : The Pop issue...

duncan2k5
05-02-2017, 01:40 AM
Has Pop's ego now become a determent to the team? He has always had an ego, but this year is the worst I've ever seen...his decisions reek of "I know you guys keep saying I should play sermon (or other player that would clearly be a better choice over who he chooses), but I'll show them and I'll show you I'm smarter than you" so decisions that should be basic for ANY coach, he goes against because he doesn't want ppl to feel justified with a good outcome...

He rather win hard, than win easy if he gets to ignore conventional wisdom (and in some cases basic basketball sense)

He KNEW ppl were criticizing the parker/mills defensive duo when we needed a stop in the griz series, so he played them again the next game when we needed a stop...

We lost a championship because he sit timmy....ON DEFENSE!!!! We KNOW dedmon should start vs rockets, so he gets doghoused for no reason (while Lee has free reign to play horrible defense and manu has once again summoned turnobili)...

He KNOWS ppl were calling for Murray to play significant reg season minutes, so he benches him...

Or maybe he is just basketball senile...I've been saying since the beginning of the year, out lack of offensive identity will be what kills us...and it is showing...we never know who is gonna play, or what we are gonna do on a nightly basis...we are just playing pick up ball...he fails to utilize mismatches...he...smh

I'm done... I can go on and on...but I'm super disgusted right now...we need young blood...gasol, pop, many, and parker all need to go

Dingle Barry
05-02-2017, 02:50 AM
:pop: Get over yourself. It's just basketball.

YGWHI
05-02-2017, 02:57 AM
Well, I agree on everything OP has said.

But y'all know..."NASA discovered all those habitable planets the other day. ... And then last night somebody lost a basketball game. ... Get over yourself" :pop:

duncan2k5
05-02-2017, 05:35 AM
Lol...sadly, I'm sure that's what the response would be

kobyz
05-02-2017, 06:12 AM
Op, you late...

DMC
05-02-2017, 06:58 AM
Pop probably doesn't expect a win. He just wants to lose the right way, not abandoning the "system" that got them there to play Rucker ball.

cd98
05-02-2017, 08:36 AM
TBH, this was one of those games. Spurs had wide open looks, including layups and didn't convert. Houston was able to turn those misses are careless turnovers into early offense threes. Once the lead got so big, the Spurs forced it trying to get back leading to more woeful shooting and more early offense for Houston. When our defense was set, it was fairly good. To set our D, we need to score. Spurs make those layups and a few 3s, and Rockets don't get those early open 3s, and this is a close game. Spurs can comeback, but they can't shoot a low percentage and turn the ball over like they did last night, or it will be a short series and a bad way to send Manu to retirement.

Joseph Kony
05-02-2017, 08:54 AM
its pretty annoying watching this pock faced retard screaming at Lee for his poor defense when he knows Lee sucks at defense, we all know this, yet pop is out there bitching at players because he's playing them to their weaknesses....rather have Spoelstra at this point tbh, fuck this guy and his mind games he's going senile

peacemaker885
05-02-2017, 09:02 AM
Funny is Pop rests players, "saving" them for the post season. Spurs end up over achieving in the regular season and meh in the post season.

ElNono
05-02-2017, 10:05 AM
He can't ride Timmy and prime Manu no more... easy as that...

urunobili
05-02-2017, 10:09 AM
If the Spurs win this series I'll give him yet another pass... love him to much still to consider him an issue...

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 10:27 AM
its pretty annoying watching this pock faced retard screaming at Lee for his poor defense when he knows Lee sucks at defense, we all know this, yet pop is out there bitching at players because he's playing them to their weaknesses....rather have Spoelstra at this point tbh, fuck this guy and his mind games he's going senile

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-02-2017, 10:51 AM
We'd have at least one, if not two, more rings if Carlisle was our coach the last five years.

Crazymaddopeyo
05-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Seriously, did you guys watch the game? The players had so many open shots and missed them. They also couldn't get back on defense, and it looks like he let everyone try and they all failed.

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 04:12 PM
Seriously, did you guys watch the game? The players had so many open shots and missed them. They also couldn't get back on defense, and it looks like he let everyone try and they all failed.

This was part of the issue, though..starting David Lee, one of the worst defenders of this generation, yet expecting him to contain Houston's offense?(and then berating him when he struggles)..calling several timeouts just minutes into the quarter? Changing your entire rotation because the Spurs struggled early on? He overreacted and panicked, in addition to playing a rotation that matched up terribly against Houston..

Crazymaddopeyo
05-02-2017, 06:24 PM
This was part of the issue, though..starting David Lee, one of the worst defenders of this generation, yet expecting him to contain Houston's offense?(and then berating him when he struggles)..calling several timeouts just minutes into the quarter? Changing your entire rotation because the Spurs struggled early on? He overreacted and panicked, in addition to playing a rotation that matched up terribly against Houston..

Thats the problem with the Pop hating, even if he does what some of the posters want. If it doesn't got well then he will get shit talked again. My argument is give me a coach that is available that will do better. Get 61 wins from this team.

DMC
05-02-2017, 06:28 PM
Pop is happy as fuck right now. He looks like a genius who overachieved in the 1st round. He's jovial and joking with reporters. No pressure now.

TheDoctor
05-02-2017, 06:29 PM
If the Spurs win this series I'll give him yet another pass... love him to much still to consider him an issue...

Battered woman syndrome tbh

apalisoc_9
05-02-2017, 06:30 PM
Battered woman syndrome tbh
:lol

TampaDude
05-02-2017, 06:32 PM
Pop threw a game against the Grizz...a PLAYOFF GAME!!! He's lost it, tbqh.

coachmac87
05-02-2017, 06:40 PM

Failing to close out on a corner 3 will get you in trouble with any coach..but I do agree Pop is to blame for starting Lee and panicking by playing 10 players in the first quarter LMAO

therealtruth
05-02-2017, 10:41 PM
We'd have at least one, if not two, more rings if Carlisle was our coach the last five years.

Pop loves lowering the expectations. Remember when he said he should be fired when they got RJ and Dice.