PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi = Fools gold

LongtimeSpursFan
05-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Yes he can play well in the playoffs against no name defenders like Ennis but when matched against the likes of Matt Barnes, Andre Roberson and Trevor Ariza he struggles and Spurs get bounced out of the playoffs. We just lucky that Tony Allen was hurt else we would have been first round fodder.

testies
05-02-2017, 11:07 AM
The problem is you can't win with Small Forwards anymore. You need elite guards to create open looks.

Kawhi's offense is like Kobe but with even worse passing.

KDKSpurs24
05-02-2017, 11:11 AM
21 pts 11 rebs 6 ast in three quarters. You're obviously blind if you think Kawhi was going one on one with Ariza. Rockets gameplan was based on complete respect for Kawhi and disrespect for his teammates. They doubled him and blitzed him all game because they knew his teammates were nonfactors. We lost like that because when others got the ball they rushed their decisions and missed shots and couldn't get back on defense fast enough.

MultiTroll
05-02-2017, 11:13 AM
:lol todays SpursTalk.

Nathan89
05-02-2017, 11:28 AM
lmao thinking anyone can carry this broken team.

bic50
05-02-2017, 11:53 AM
Shut the hell up

bic50
05-02-2017, 11:54 AM
The problem is you can't win with Small Forwards anymore. You need elite guards to create open looks.

Kawhi's offense is like Kobe but with even worse passing.
Garbage

Horse
05-02-2017, 12:26 PM
Complaining about Kawhi please kill yourself.

Darius Bieber
05-02-2017, 12:31 PM
Kawhi is not the problem. Far from it. Everyone else on the team is fool's gold though.

SpursforSix
05-02-2017, 01:10 PM
Yes he can play well in the playoffs against no name defenders like Ennis but when matched against the likes of Matt Barnes, Andre Roberson and Trevor Ariza he struggles and Spurs get bounced out of the playoffs. We just lucky that Tony Allen was hurt else we would have been first round fodder.

Not his fault. When the rest of the team sucks, the defense can double up with even a third guy starting to move into the lane. It looks like a damn pickup game where one of the teams has a good player. No defensive scheme needed. Just swarm Leonard.

SuperCam
05-02-2017, 01:14 PM
career high 7 assists... LeBron averaging 9 this year and Curry in MVP years average more than 7. that's what separates him from true superstars tbqh. hard nose defense in reg season when players aren't exerting themselves does't make up for lack of making others better.

05-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Holy shit spurs fans gotta be one of the worst fan bases in the league tbh :lol

bic50
05-02-2017, 01:33 PM
Longtimecuckman and supercuck are nothing but a couple of pathetic trolls who I remember said lma should be #1 on the team :lol

r0drig0lac
05-02-2017, 01:34 PM
lmao thinking anyone can carry this broken team.

gambit1990
05-02-2017, 01:34 PM
OP was saying parker > kawhi a few days ago :lmao

SuperCam
05-02-2017, 01:40 PM
Longtimecuckman and supercuck are nothing but a couple of pathetic trolls who I remember said lma should be #1 on the team :lol

7 assists career high, that's awful tbh. on offense he is elite scorer but when you are only an elite scorer and not playmaker then a double team takes you out of the game much more effectively.

harden and kawhi both have almost identical usage but kawhi's ast% is way way behind and it hurts the team when that's game planned

jimbo
05-02-2017, 01:42 PM
21 pts 11 rebs 6 ast in three quarters. You're obviously blind if you think Kawhi was going one on one with Ariza. Rockets gameplan was based on complete respect for Kawhi and disrespect for his teammates. They doubled him and blitzed him all game because they knew his teammates were nonfactors. We lost like that because when others got the ball they rushed their decisions and missed shots and couldn't get back on defense fast enough.

to be fair they also did that because kawhi isn't the greatest passer. when you have a ball dominant player who can't pass well of course you're gonna double team them

his assist numbers are fools gold only because they're system generated. he's not a natural passer/facilitator

HarlemHeat37
05-02-2017, 01:42 PM
OP also said Kyle Anderson has a higher ceiling than Kawhi, to be fair:lol

james evans
05-02-2017, 02:21 PM
I have a photoshop request. Can someone put Leonard's head on Eminem body and green, Aldridge, ginobli, gasol, Parker heads on the rest of D12?

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Fuck off faggot. It's sad you cannot appreciate the greatness of Kawhi. He's not the problem with this team. It's the largely lifeless roster thanks in large part to Lamarsha

gospursgojas
05-02-2017, 03:43 PM

This. Did OP even watch game? They doubled Kawhi every time he touched ball. D'antoni might actually grabbed on to something knowing that Spurs are all-in Kawhi and Kawhi's teammates are mental midgets that have produced jack in these playoffs.

sananspursfan21
05-02-2017, 03:54 PM
Kawhi is not the problem. Far from it. Everyone else on the team is fool's gold though.

Clipper Nation
05-02-2017, 03:55 PM
Another delusional Porker stan reaching for anyone else to blame other than the fat washed choke artist you're trotting out at PG.

BatManu20
05-02-2017, 04:27 PM
:lol todays SpursTalk.

bic50
05-02-2017, 04:40 PM
to be fair they also did that because kawhi isn't the greatest passer. when you have a ball dominant player who can't pass well of course you're gonna double team them

his assist numbers are fools gold only because they're system generated. he's not a natural passer/facilitator
Doubt that anything to do with it. Like someone else said before, dantoni had his team better prepared for this series then pop. Going by the regular season games it was clear rockets have no one that can guard Leonard and going by how badly the rest of the Spurs played outside Parker and Leonard in the Memphis series it's a smart strategy to double team Kawhi and try to keep the ball out of his hands and let the rest of the team beat them. It worked.

05-02-2017, 04:45 PM
career high 7 assists... LeBron averaging 9 this year and Curry in MVP years average more than 7. that's what separates him from true superstars tbqh. hard nose defense in reg season when players aren't exerting themselves does't make up for lack of making others better.The biggest weakness in Kawhi being the go to guy is, he can't consistently generate easy baskets for his bigs. The way Bron, Harden, Curry, Draymond make scrub bigs look good by giving them a healthy amount of lobs and easy lay us all game. No one on the team can, except maybe Manu, but he's in full TOSB mode.

Mikeanaro
05-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Great, now Ariza is another Kiwi Killer because of one game, OP eats dicks for breakfast.

therealtruth
05-02-2017, 09:15 PM
Doubt that anything to do with it. Like someone else said before, dantoni had his team better prepared for this series then pop. Going by the regular season games it was clear rockets have no one that can guard Leonard and going by how badly the rest of the Spurs played outside Parker and Leonard in the Memphis series it's a smart strategy to double team Kawhi and try to keep the ball out of his hands and let the rest of the team beat them. It worked.

That's the story of Pop. Get hit in the mouth first then try adjusting when the series is over.

Ice009
05-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Holy shit spurs fans gotta be one of the worst fan bases in the league tbh :lol

LOL. I'm a Spurs fan, but this yeah, with threads like this I don't know what to say. I'm sure you guys (Dallas) would take Kawhi in an instant if Spurs fans want to shit on him like the OP is doing.

DMC
05-02-2017, 10:21 PM
How shitty has your fanbase gotten that the majority of posters on your forum are trolls from other teams? During the second round of the playoffs...

LongtimeSpursFan
05-03-2017, 01:18 AM
WHo
This. Did OP even watch game? They doubled Kawhi every time he touched ball. D'antoni might actually grabbed on to something knowing that Spurs are all-in Kawhi and Kawhi's teammates are mental midgets that have produced jack in these playoffs.

I watch every game. All NBA MVP candidates get double teamed: Lebron, Curry, Harden, Thomas but Kawhi was the only one with a loss this round.
His stats didn't show his poor decision making and shot selection; jumping into the air and then forcing passes; hurried offense that led to quick shots. Don't get me wrong I love Kawhi but since he's taken over this team he has failed to lead us to a championship. In essence, he is the Tony Romo of the NBA.
And he needs to stop taking bad shots thinking he's gonna get a whistle ala Westbrook.

dabom
05-03-2017, 01:22 AM
Oh is a troll. We've all seen this before. Weak shit too. :lmao

spurs10
05-03-2017, 02:06 AM
Yes he can play well in the playoffs against no name defenders like Ennis but when matched against the likes of Matt Barnes, Andre Roberson and Trevor Ariza he struggles and Spurs get bounced out of the playoffs. We just lucky that Tony Allen was hurt else we would have been first round fodder. Yeah you are a wonderful fan! Kawhi is an extraordinary player by anyone's standards. The people you mentioned are not in the same league. Are they going to the Hall of Fame? :lol

Oh is a troll. We've all seen this before. Weak shit too. :lmao I know and yes attacking Kawhi is probably not the the smartest troll attempt. Unlike Kawhi I'm guessing the OP doesn't have 100 million in the bank for being the best two way player in the NBA.

KDKSpurs24
05-03-2017, 08:20 AM
WHo

I watch every game. All NBA MVP candidates get double teamed: Lebron, Curry, Harden, Thomas but Kawhi was the only one with a loss this round.
His stats didn't show his poor decision making and shot selection; jumping into the air and then forcing passes; hurried offense that led to quick shots. Don't get me wrong I love Kawhi but since he's taken over this team he has failed to lead us to a championship. In essence, he is the Tony Romo of the NBA.
And he needs to stop taking bad shots thinking he's gonna get a whistle ala Westbrook.
...WTF? This is basically his first year (somewhat second) of taking over and this season isn't even over. You speak as if championships grow on trees (spoiled ass). You're acting like it's easy to take a poor supporting cast who doesn't step up to the finals. Takes more than one player to get there. Kawhi is the least of the Spurs problems and if you don't see that you don't know basketball. I hope you're trolling but I doubt it.

And those players don't get doubled like Kawhi because their teammates make teams pay for it.

DMC
05-03-2017, 08:27 AM
WHo

Neither Thomas nor Curry were legit MVP candidates this year. The actual MVP didn't make it this far.

The rest of your take is just more desperation. You get one brief moment each post season to blossom and you do this? lol

testies
05-03-2017, 10:51 AM
Imagine how good Kawhi would be if he could focuse on defense, turnovers and just shooting open 3s and cutting hard like small forwards should? We already saw that in 2014/2013

He has to expend insane energy to play pick n roll, create his own shot without any elite offensive skill is very tough on him. Today's game is a guard game, we need a creator like CP3 hopefully

bic50
05-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Imagine how good Kawhi would be if he could focuse on defense, turnovers and just shooting open 3s and cutting hard like small forwards should? We already saw that in 2014/2013

He has to expend insane energy to play pick n roll, create his own shot without any elite offensive skill is very tough on him. Today's game is a guard game, we need a creator like CP3 hopefully
Garbage

Horse
05-03-2017, 11:58 AM
How about these cunts hit the wide open shots Kawhi gets them

SAGirl
05-03-2017, 12:12 PM
Heh... I made a thread about how Lamarcus Aldridge has been f*cking up the bench.. and how per Lowe, who got the stats from NBA.com, the bench has been blitzed for 22 points in the 44 minutes Lamarcus has played with them (and without Leonard). That thread got deleted. By the way it had a source, it wasn't a troll thread:
This is what Lowe said about Lamarcus:

They need him to prop up the offense when Leonard rests at the start of the second and fourth quarters. Those minutes have been ugly all season; opponents have blitzed the Spurs by 22 points in just the 44 minutes Aldridge has played without Leonard in the playoffs, per NBA.com. With Lou Williams (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2799/lou-williams) and Eric Gordon (http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3431/eric-gordon) scoring in bunches during those same minutes, the Spurs need points to survive.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19300000/zach-lowe-lamarcus-aldridge-san-antonio-spurs-nba-playoffs

So that thread gets deleted but this crap of a troll thread is allowed to hang around.

Great double standard.

spurtech09
05-03-2017, 04:21 PM
Don't think so.......

gambit1990
05-06-2017, 12:57 PM
:lmao

sasaint
05-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Heh... I made a thread about how Lamarcus Aldridge has been f*cking up the bench.. and how per Lowe, who got the stats from NBA.com, the bench has been blitzed for 22 points in the 44 minutes Lamarcus has played with them (and without Leonard). That thread got deleted. By the way it had a source, it wasn't a troll thread:
This is what Lowe said about Lamarcus:
[COLOR=#48494A][FONT=Georgia]
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19300000/zach-lowe-lamarcus-aldridge-san-antonio-spurs-nba-playoffs

So that thread gets deleted but this crap of a troll thread is allowed to hang around.

Great double standard.

Good stuff. Small sample. But thanks for re-posting! LMA just needs to go - even if we don't get a great immediate return. But, in that regard, I remind myself that in the trade that netted the Lakers Pau Gasol, everybody thought the Grizz got screwed because they only got Marc.

bic50
05-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Op is a dumbass

SAGirl
05-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Good stuff. Small sample. But thanks for re-posting! LMA just needs to go - even if we don't get a great immediate return. But, in that regard, I remind myself that in the trade that netted the Lakers Pau Gasol, everybody thought the Grizz got screwed because they only got Marc.Pop adjusted how and where Lamarcus is getting the ball. He's so much better with Pau than with Lee it's not even close and they're playing through perimeter players more (Simmons very impactful in that regard) instead of all the standing around and posting up Lamarcus.

I still go back to 2014 in terms of how the team improved as the postseason went along.

I still have mixed impressions about him. Bottom line I thought he'd be traded if team underachieved due to his poor play which we didn't know. Honestly the guard play is the most concerning aspect. Dijon is obviously very raw and might have legitimately been a year or two away from being really starting caliber. He's currently too unsteady. Anyways I wouldn't be surprised if they stand pat but I would prefer if they made a move.

LongtimeSpursFan
05-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Glad to see Kawhi has turned it around. I don't think we can get past the Warriors, should we make it that far, without Parker though.

james evans
05-07-2017, 06:32 AM
Glad to see Kawhi has turned it around. I don't think we can get past the Warriors, should we make it that far, without Parker though.
shutup

LongtimeSpursFan
05-09-2017, 08:24 PM
Frustrating to see this type of performance in a game 5. Big players mate big shots in big games and right now Harde is doing everything right while Kawhi misses layups and turns over the ball.